Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

I'm actually more curious about this never released before DHTHK than the upcoming Ming Yun which has a confirmed broadcast date. And of course Military Seal which doesn't even have a confirmed broadcast! In reality, FengMi never had the privilege of having a really good script and series (I mean what is Gong?!! ). And in Ming Yun, it sounds like Chi Shuai will be her final love rather than FSF who will be around only for a few episodes, so little FengMi interaction. It makes me mad that people keep saying they have paired up too often. I can't be really satisfied and get "sick of" FengMi until they get a great script and well produced/directed series or movie that can really justify their talents and natural affinity with one another. Only until they have the benefit of a good script, then I can move on.

Her other onscreen pairings had much better scripts than with FSF, e.g. YM & Mickey in MRXJ was a wonderful love story, and even YM & HG had a better script in CP3 than FengMi in Gong. But none of them had that special X-factor element that FengMi has. I just think it's unfair to criticize or belittle FengMi when they never had the luck to have a good script.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    oops, my computer messed up again...(double posted)

To make this not a blank post I'll add another new movie still from DHTHK--it's pretty similar to a previously-released one though. I can't tell if YM's character has just fainted/is sleeping or if FSF knocked her out unconscious during the kidnapping, lol. :P

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6ce5fba9gw1diysx0lcs6j.jpg')

Large pic
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

I know you all may have seen these pics before. But I just have to put them up here as they triggered off a fanfic in my head of FSF proposing to YM and putting a diamond necklace round her neck. Somehow, at every interview, they seem to be sharing a little secret, whispering to each other here and there. I must say when I saw pics of Gong preview media interviews where FSF was carrying YM on stage, I was a little peeved because i wasn't won over on FSF yet. Now I'm rewatching all the Gong media interviews again and again!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/291hquh.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2liir9f.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/124u8et.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/x3btqv.jpg')
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

BTW JoleCole, you are not just "infected with FengMi virus". You are the super spreader of the FengMi virus on this forum

OK, back to topic. Don't you think FSF always seems to be bullied (of course in a good-natured way) by Yang Mi? And he absolutely enjoys and relishes being "bullied" by her!

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    argh...I so don't want YM to play a major role in Gong 2. *Praying*

I finally got around to finish translating the video of YM back in March when she had a live phone conversation with FSF at an award ceremony. Of course, most FengMi lovers probably watched it before. It's one of our great FengMi classics. I'll just post the video here again for those who haven't seen it. Here's the English translation.

I love to see YM loses her calm over the FengMi topic.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1E7ptdwtM_U/ThaeDiOGKeI/AAAAAAAAA4M/ITWC6ZAZ5VM/s1600/65270d334de190ac1b4cff25.jpg')

Mango, FSF will be in Europe the end of August/early September for two weeks to do a photoshoot. Lucky him!! I guess that'll be his "break." A nice trip to Europe! Gosh...how i wish YM can join him! Praying for a FengMi photoshoot in Europe!!!

P.S. I love it when FSF referred to YM as his "very best friend" yesterday. It's rare to hear him say "very" since he has a TON of friends in real life. Isn't there a Chinese phase that means something like "love is friendship on fire" ?
    Thanks for the translation. Fengmi definitely are trying to hide the obvious. Anyhow, looks like ym may be lucky when it comes to love but not so much when it comes to her career. One in two isn't bad.

And I love how ym bosses fsf around and he still seems to worship her. Of course I hope she treats him better in private. A guy can only take too much bullying before it gets old.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Nah, FSF loves being "bullied" by YM. In the past when he was asked, who his "ideal" girl is, he said he'd like someone very open, direct/straightforward, free-spirited (*cough*YM*cough*), and someone who can sort of boss him around. (FSF: "being bossed around can be a very happy thing too!") And in the "chao ji" interview, they brought up the topic about YM being the type to always tease/make fun of other people good-naturedly, then they turned to FSF and he said, "I'm always the one being teased!" All while grinning like he's the happiest/luckiest guy on earth, lmao.

I wouldn't really call YM "bullying" him though--she loves to tease all her good friends (she mentioned that in her family often she will joke around with her parents in a very belittling sort of way but it's almost a form of affection). Also I think she's the type who will put on a cool exterior to the public but is actually very sweet to her friends and loved ones in private. She's certainly been way more affectionate with FSF even in public than I've ever seen her been with her other male costars, which is saying a lot! We don't see a lot of what YM does for FSF in public because she's so secretive, but we do know she often gives him her favourite books to read, and takes it very seriously when he asks her to read potential scripts for him to see if it suits him.

Also, I wouldn't say YM is totally "dominant" in the relationship...I have a feeling FSF is sort of "humouring" her on keeping their relationship secret, and sneakily lets her think she's calling all the shots while he slowly gets everyone on his side and gets her to come around without her even noticing, mwahaha. XD Ok ok, so that's just my speculation...but it's so funny, how YM goes out of the way to keep saying in all her interviews, "I'm single! He's single! We're good friends, JUST friends! I have no boyfriend! I've got no time for love! I'm constantly working, who would want to date me? I haven't found that special someone yet!"...etc etc. Meanwhile FSF is openly visiting her on set, sending her flowers, putting his arm around her/holding her hand every chance he gets, posting sweet messages about/to her on weibo, giving suspicious non-answers about their relationship status in interviews, etc etc. His reaction seems to be, "Go ahead and deny everything to your heart's content...won't stop me from doing what I want to though!" Especially in that phone interview, when YM started to explain to the audience and FSF (probably not knowing the audience can hear) says "What's the point of explaining, the more you explain the worse it is" in a here-we-go-again tone. But their different attitudes aren't causing any conflict between them, they each seem to totally understand each other and be fine with how the other decides to handle things. And I have to say FSF is winning this battle. YM is getting less and less secretive every day and is becoming more and more open about FSF in public. (I did a double take when I heard her say they were like an "old married couple"!!! O_o) YM should just admit defeat to FSF already--I don't think most people believe her anymore when she pulls the "just friends" card. So you see, FSF gets his way too, he's just a lot more sneaky about it.

Also, it's funny that YM is going around trying to quash rumours about her and FSF, while FSF not only never really denies his rumours with YM, but also takes immediate action to quash his rumours with other girls. Back in February, he posted a cute message on Valentine's Day on his weibo. Everyone was guessing who it was directed to, and there were some ridiculous stories linking him to random girls saying he had a "secret girlfriend" (based on some really obscure "clues" and "evidence"). Well days later FSF posts, "I just saw the news, looks like I've once again "been girlfriended". Fine, I'm going to just come out and say it, that message was for Qing Chuan. The count to 10 was our secret signal while filming. It has absolutely no relation to anyone else who has nothing to do with this! Stop trying to be Sherlock Holmes, please!" Well, it was certainly effective because I don't think anyone has dared link him to another girl since that happened, lmao. I think the media realized they were going to majorly piss him off if they do that (ask him about the YM rumours, though, and he will just smile/look embarrassed, haha). Also he sneakily wrote that the message was for "Qing Chuan" (thus no one can come out and say it was meant for YM--he can use the excuse that it was just part of their usual "Gong" roleplay teasing), yet in the next sentence he mentions them filming together (so he's pretty much hinting that is indeed for YM...it's just kept somewhat on the "down low").
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-09-11 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    BTW JoleCole, you are not just "infected with FengMi virus". You are the super spreader of the FengMi virus on this forum
    You caught me! It looks like xiaolong is our next potential victim infected with the FengMi virus.

Especially in that phone interview, when YM started to explain to the audience and FSF (probably not knowing the audience can hear) says "What's the point of explaining, the more you explain the worse it is" in a here-we-go-again tone.
    When I heard FSF said that in the phone conversation, I was actually a little surprised by his assertive tone of voice. I felt like FSF was a parent telling his child to stop being so stubborn. I rarely hear FSF used such a tone since he's usually very soft spoken and passive in his speech.

Also, I'm not sure if you watched this part before in the Zhao Ji interview (it was cut out in the original episode but noted by the audience/in fan recorded videos). When YM was ranting about the inappropriate wardrobe of her good friend, Liu Yun, who just had a baby, FSF subtly used his knee to tap on YM's to tell her to stop. I guess it was indiscreet of YM to tease her good friend for wearing super short shorts on national TV and not looking maternal.

I thought this was funny.

1st bubble- YM: "Wahhh~Why didn't u come earlier? I fell a moment ago."
    2nd bubble- FSF: "aw...Where did you fall? Let me see. Does it hurt?"
    3rd bubble- YM: "Right here! Look! It's red and it's all your fault. "
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6cc544b6jw1dizwzj79f5j.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-09-11 at 09:37 PM.

When I heard FSF said that in the phone conversation, I was actually a little surprised by his assertive tone of voice. I felt like FSF was a parent telling his child to stop being so stubborn. I rarely hear FSF used such a tone since he's usually very soft spoken and passive in his speech.

Also, I'm not sure if you watched this part before in the Zhao Ji interview (it was cut out in the original episode but noted by the audience/in fan recorded videos). When YM was ranting about the inappropriate wardrobe of her good friend, Liu Yun, who just had a baby, FSF subtly used his knee to tap on YM to tell her to stop. I guess it was indiscreet of YM to tease her good friend for wearing super short shorts on national TV and not looking maternal.
    You mean a husband telling his wife to stop being so stubborn. (I kid, I kid...ok not really. ) But definitely I loved hearing that phone call--as you said, usually FSF is very soft-spoken, polite-sounding in public. But when talking "in private" to YM somehow his voice sounds both more assertive and more sweet/gentle at the same time.

I didn't watch the fan recorded vids of the ChaoJi interview yet (looking forward to it!) but I can certainly imagine that. I find it really cute when FSF does subtle little things to remind YM to hold back a bit (nudging her, saying "shou zhe dian shou zhe dian", gently correcting her when she said a phrase wrong in the JinYong interview, etc). It's like he's very careful not to make her look bad in these public interviews by being too obvious, but he's also sure of himself in being able to assert his presence with YM. (I mean, can you imagine anyone else doing this...YM would probably eat them alive! Well, no, but I think other people would certainly be unwilling to risk bringing YM's relentless teasing on themselves. Don't think they'd try to correct or remind YM, even subtly.)

And ok, honestly they are so meant to be. So JoleCole, you previously mentioned how FSF had that adorable puppy that sadly passed away? I just read an article that while filming DMXN, YM also found a stray cat that she took in and was going to bring back to Beijing with her once filming finished--but sadly her cat also passed away before filming ended. (I haven't seen references to this event before but the article is from a pretty reputable source I think.) This might've even been around the same time as FSF's puppy! And I also found out that apparently, shortly after FSF graduated he was also blacklisted by his company at one point, and could not film anything good for a year or two...like YM's TR incident!

I thought this was funny.

1st bubble- YM: "Wahhh~Why didn't u come earlier? I fell a moment ago."
    2nd bubble- FSF: "aw...Where did you fall? Let me see. Does it hurt?"
    3rd bubble- YM: "Right here! Look! It's red and it's all your fault. "
    http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6cc544b6jw1dizwzj79f5j.jpg
    Haha...I love this. Who wants to bet FSF is going to hold YM's hand even tighter and be even more careful now when they go up and down stairs?

Actually nevermind, I don't think that's even possible because he's already sweet/chivalrous/gentlemanly to the max whenever they come on/go off the stage. Anymore and he might as well carry her up and down the stairs! :P (Actually...I wouldn't mind that either. XD Ahem.)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-09-11 at 07:44 PM.

And ok, honestly they are so meant to be. So JoleCole, you previously mentioned how FSF had that adorable puppy that sadly passed away? I just read an article that while filming DMXN, YM also found a stray cat that she took in and was going to bring back to Beijing with her once filming finished--but sadly her cat also passed away before filming ended. (I haven't seen references to this event before but the article is from a pretty reputable source I think.) This might've even been around the same time as FSF's puppy!
    Gosh, now that you are talking about animals, FSF reminds me of a puppy! - it's his eyes, it just tends to stare with this adoring expression! I wonder how much of his real life persona he injected into Gong. His 8th Prince came across as this lovesick adorable little puppy always bullied by his (female) owner - sounds familiar? I just picture FSF as a cute little puppy and YM as his owner! Of course historians cry foul and say this is not what 8th Prince is suppose to be, but if you take it with a pinch of salt (I'm re-watching parts of Gong ), Gong was thoroughly enjoyable for those FengMi cutesy interactions. Well, to his credit, YZ devoted a lot of screentime to these two lovebirds which was really the one and only reason Gong drew high ratings, or else I don't see anything in Gong that will make people want to keep watching it. By themselves (ignoring the bad script), FengMi has got to be the most memorable "cute quarrelsome" type of onscreen couple. It used to be Ariel Lin and Mike He in Love Contract for me. To achieve that effect in a truly memorable way, I've a feeling the real-life actor/actress have to be really close friends in real life (of course in FengMi's case, they are a real couple ).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-09-11 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, to his credit, YZ devoted a lot of screentime to these two lovebirds which was really the one and only reason Gong drew high ratings, or else I don't see anything in Gong that will make people want to keep watching it.
    YZ didn't even give them *that* much screen time! In the middle there was a huge chunk where FSF was practically absent and there was an overabundance of QC/4th prince scenes. (Now that was a real chore to slog through.) Actually I feel like for such a long series, the "main" couple really has such few scenes together (QC didn't even start to really reciprocate 8th prince's feelings till over halfway through the series!). But what they did have was the only memorable part of Gong, that's probably why it seems like such a major part. I don't give YZ too much credit for that though. :P (Heck I want to thank Yan Kuan and QZY more than YZ because they turned down the role so YZ had no choice but turn to FSF. And to think, for the longest time, I was bemoaning this fact because I liked YK/QZY so much better than FSF...lol.)

I've just been skimming through some of FSF's older weibos (back in Aug-Nov last year while he was filming Gong/HFQC with YM) and almost every other post is related to YM. I was actually taken aback by it because these days FSF/YM don't often outright name each other on their weibos (there are lots of subtle hinting but it's not obvious); however, back then (before FSF got really popular from Gong and everyone started reading his weibo), he was clearly so much more open/relaxed with what he posted, and just named YM outright (little anecdotes about their filming, cute comments that made it so obvious he adores her). Nowadays they are a lot more private since every post will be analyzed to death by millions of fans. In Feb-Mar (after Gong started airing) it was funny because he'd often post something only to immediately delete it a few minutes afterward (I guess he was so used to posting whatever he felt like and kept having to remind himself, "oh wait, this is going to be read by millions of people! DELETE!" Lol. Of course most times fans would screen-capture it anyways!) These days FSF hardly posts anymore. And while still very sweet, his posts about YM are far fewer and sound much more "careful/formal". It's an interesting evolution. (It also totally discredits the minority of people who claim FSF/YM are faking their relationship for publicity, because the more "famous" they get, the less they interact with each other on weibo...sadly.)

These days FSF hardly posts anymore. And while still very sweet, his posts about YM are far fewer and sound much more "careful/formal". It's an interesting evolution. (It also totally discredits the minority of people who claim FSF/YM are faking their relationship for publicity, because the more "famous" they get, the less they interact with each other on weibo...sadly.)
    FengMi's newfound fame cost them a lot too despite bringing in a plethora of new opportunities. I used to read FSF's weibos back in those days before he got famous and thoroughly enjoyed reading them. I actually prefer his weibos over YM's. His comments were mostly witty and lighthearted while hers got a little too philosophical and abstract. Really missed the carefree FSF on weibo

And xiaolong, you should totally read FSF's weibo interaction with Ma TianYu back in December. These two guys cracked me up like no other! Unfortunately, I think both FSF and YM deleted this conversation from their weibos, but I think MTY's weibo still has some parts.

Edit: YAY! I finally found the complete version. Never underestimate the screen capture ability of FengMi fans.

I personally think we shouldn't take the contents too seriously cuz FengMi at that time didn't really give out the romantic vibes yet. It was just a lighthearted banter between good friends.

Note: all 4 screen captures are from MTY's weibo, I think.
    Message 1
    Message 2
    Message 3
    Message 4

Close-up of YM when she tells FSF about her fall
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/62bd1ed4jw1dj0j509r17g.gif')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-10-11 at 07:36 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

To be honest, Yang Mi's best written pairing was with Mickey He in MRXJ - two martial arts experts, 1 a spy the other a commanding general, on opposite ends of an ongoing conflict. Script-wise, it was perfect, with adequate dose of OTP and angst without it becoming over-the-top. And it looks like their pairing in Mei Ren Tian Xia could be another promising script. But frankly, Mickey-YM pairing doesn't do anything for me. I only appreciate the script, the pairing is just like every other ordinary pairing in TV/cinema history. Just OK, not memorable in any way.

Of course, FengMi is all excitement and fireworks despite being in a bad series (Gong). But I'd say as a love story, 8th Prince & Qingchuan story was touching and quite well scripted, especially when it came to the ending. It wasn't as ho-hum or "little" as others I've seen.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-10-11 at 02:08 AM.

Wait wait what YM is paired with Mickey again in MRTX?! x_x I thought she was paired with the emperor (becomes a concubine)???

I did really like their story for sure in MRXJ, only problem was the ending part made no sense--once Sammul became emperor basically everyone is on the same side so there was no reason for them not to get together--even if there was some misunderstanding no way would they go 10 years like that. I also did not like sticking Zhang Yan in as a 3rd wheel. But there's YZ for you, needless angst and nonsensical timelines. So the ending ruined it for me. I was so mad at ZYF by the end, I kinda wanted him to succeed at his suicide attempt to join XY, that would've redeemed him a bit. However, their early scenes as well as the last ending scene were beautiful. The fight by the cliff as`well as XY's death are two of my absolute favourite YM scenes.

I still think that script-wise, my favourite YM pairing is the first one of hers that I saw--Xiao Qian/Ning Caichen in Liao Zhai with Hu Ge. Now that was truly perfect from start to finish--despite the tragic ending it actually made sense and they did give a glimmer of hope at the end. That pairing had both cute scenes, dramatic scenes, romantic scenes, and also the set-up of them being on opposite sides (human vs. demon/spirit, their two sides trying to kill the other person). While watching MRXJ at first I did think perhaps XY/ZYF had the potential to equal or even surpass XQ/NCC for me; however, it fell apart in the end. (Not the only YM pairing to do so...like I mentioned the romance in DMXN started off decent too but was not as well-written in the 2nd half, unfortunately.) QC/8th was fantastic because of FengMi's chemistry, however story-wise it is not as "epic", "sweeping romance" as other stories. It gave me the feel of a light romantic comedy (except for their last scenes which were very touching). Nothing wrong with romantic comedies of course, but they do not leave as deep an impression as more serious/dramatic stories. Which is why I'm so looking forward to HFCQ and HP2. Especially HP2, it sounds like the storyline may somewhat resemble Liao Zhai (with YM being a demon/spirit and FSF being a human). Too bad it's only a short movie and I'm sure most of the screentime will go to the main 3, so we probably won't get too many FengMi scenes.

I've already said this but now what I really want is for them to costar in a good Min Guo drama together...preferably one that takes place during WWII (I miss those series). YM obviously looks amazing in that styling and FSF looks pretty good in that time period too, from the pics I've seen. Oh well, for now I will have to be satisfied with Hawick/YM in Ru Yi and hope that the story lives up to my expectations!

QC/8th was fantastic because of FengMi's chemistry, however story-wise it is not as "epic", "sweeping romance" as other stories. It gave me the feel of a light romantic comedy (except for their last scenes which were very touching). Nothing wrong with romantic comedies of course, but they do not leave as deep an impression as more serious/dramatic stories.
    Ooohh, I'm different from you. I totally heart romantic comedies, hence I'm a major fan of artistes like Ariel Lin, Eddie Peng & Mike He who excel in cute romantic interactions with their onscreen OTPs. But frankly, I didn't care for HG & YM pairing in CP3 even though they were suppose to be "cute". I can only remember I kept wanting to drown both of them. Yet, when she reprised a similar annoying spoilt character as QC in Gong, her pairing with FSF just soared and you keep wanting more.

Well I like romantic comedies too, but I just enjoy it while I watch it--then afterwards it's more forgettable! Whereas with the "deeper" love stories, it stays with me for a longer time and really gets me deeply invested.

CP3 definitely had the worst YM pairing. >_< I think the problem was, the script was written so you simply aren't convinced that XJ/JT love each other. It's not a problem with the acting or chemistry since I know HG/YM can have fantastic chemistry together in all types of scenes due to Liao Zhai, plus I thought they did have cute moments and did a good job in the touching scenes (e.g. when JT was desperately trying to revive XJ after the fire). However, the scenes had no buildup of a solid love so they sort of felt "empty". Basically I kept getting the impression that XJ had a schoolgirl crush on JT while JT...ok actually I didn't understand JT's feelings at all, one moment he was annoyed at XJ the next it's like he kinda likes her, then he goes right back to being annoyed. Then suddenly *bam* they're in love??!! In Gong at least you know throughout the whole story 8th prince is completely in love with QC and you also see QC's feelings for 8th slowly develop, so you can get behind it completely. As of right now, my YM pairings rank as follows: Liao Zhai > Gong >> MRXJ > DMXN >>>>>>>> CP3. (Yeah, kind of ironic HG/YM ranks as both my favourite AND least favourite YM pairing, lol.) However I think based on chemistry FengMi should be able to surpass the LiaoZhai romance if they get a good script.

I'm going to try to start watching JCSS next week and see how the romance there plays out. I find it funny this will be my 3rd YM series in a row where she is in a love triangle with 2 brothers...lol.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-10-11 at 02:59 AM.

I can't help myself but post this picture...even though it's pretty dated.

Doesn't YM look submissive as FSF looks through her iphone? Her aura here is just so different from the usual headstrong girl image she displays in public.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/U2398P28T3D3227323F346DT20110212085558.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-10-11 at 07:35 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Do you think during their Beijing date, they were well aware they were being photographed? They just seem to know they were being stalked. That's why I thought they weren't dating at first, because they seem to be in conspiracy together to play a prank on their fans. It's only with recent media events (especially the giant lilies bouquet presentation), I got totally convinced they are dating.

CP3 definitely had the worst YM pairing. >_< I think the problem was, the script was written so you simply aren't convinced that XJ/JT love each other. It's not a problem with the acting or chemistry since I know HG/YM can have fantastic chemistry together in all types of scenes due to Liao Zhai, plus I thought they did have cute moments and did a good job in the touching scenes (e.g. when JT was desperately trying to revive XJ after the fire). However, the scenes had no buildup of a solid love so they sort of felt "empty". Basically I kept getting the impression that XJ had a schoolgirl crush on JT while JT...ok actually I didn't understand JT's feelings at all, one moment he was annoyed at XJ the next it's like he kinda likes her, then he goes right back to being annoyed. Then suddenly *bam* they're in love??!! In Gong at least you know throughout the whole story 8th prince is completely in love with QC and you also see QC's feelings for 8th slowly develop, so you can get behind it completely. As of right now, my YM pairings rank as follows: Liao Zhai > Gong >> MRXJ > DMXN >>>>>>>> CP3. (Yeah, kind of ironic HG/YM ranks as both my favourite AND least favourite YM pairing, lol.) However I think based on chemistry FengMi should be able to surpass the LiaoZhai romance if they get a good script.
    I've learned not to get invested in Tangren's love stories since LOCH08. Now I just sit back and enjoy their wuxia/battle scenes and flair (Li Guo Li really excels in this area). I actually think YZ is much better than Tangren in writing touching love stories (I was pretty invested in Chen Sicheng & Maya Shu's love story in Pretty Maid and it didn't suffer from over-the-top lovey dovey-ness). But I wonder how much influence YZ had on FengMi in Gong. I get the impression most of 8th-QC lovely interactions were FengMi's own creative input, nothing to do with YZ.

I don't get Jing Tian-Xue Jian's "romance" in CP3 either. I think she matches Yun Ting waaay more!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-10-11 at 12:32 PM.

I don't get Jing Tian-Xue Jian's "romance" in CP3 either. I think she matches Yun Ting waaay more!
    I'm so with you on that one. Actually I felt like Yun Ting liked XJ more than JT did.

Do you think during their Beijing date, they were well aware they were being photographed? They just seem to know they were being stalked. That's why I thought they weren't dating at first, because they seem to be in conspiracy together to play a prank on their fans. It's only with recent media events (especially the giant lilies bouquet presentation), I got totally convinced they are dating.
    I've wondered this too. Although, this seems to be the one and only time they got caught on a "date" together by the papparazzi, and it happened while Gong was still being broadcast (i.e. they had just started to become so famous), so perhaps they didn't think they needed to be so careful. YM has said before that there was a big change after she got popular in Gong--before she could still go shopping in the streets etc more-or-less anonymously, but now she will get recognized everywhere she goes. FSF was even less famous than YM before Gong. Actually my speculation is this was indeed a "just friends" type of date since it was quite early on (but I personally think they progressed to a relationship shortly after). So maybe they did know they were stalked by the papparazzi, but didn't think it'd be a big deal anyways.

I'm actually surprised there are not more papparazzi pics of them out there! From what they've said it sounds like they used to go have dinner together and ride in each other's cars a lot (but most of this probably took place during Gong and HFCQ filming, when they could still go about their lives in obscurity). So perhaps they did start being more careful after these photos leaked, since we haven't seen anything else since.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    And I love how ym bosses fsf around and he still seems to worship her. Of course I hope she treats him better in private. A guy can only take too much bullying before it gets old.
    Forgot to mention this before, but during an interview, FSF said YM is the type to be very cold when you don't know her well, but for her friends she will do anything ("tao xin tao fei", a chinese phrase that literally translates as she will "pluck out her heart and lungs" for her friends). Then he revealed this was his own personal experience with her, because it was the two totally different YM's he came to know before and after filming Gong. He's also said that YM is really a very sweet and warm person, even though she may seem distant and cold sometimes. So I'm pretty sure FSF is a happy guy and being treated well by YM in private. Also...this is veering on the side of complete speculation so I didn't post about it before, but recently YM was snapped by the paps at the airport alone, going into a men's cologne store. She has previously said in an interview that FSF likes wearing cologne. Of course she could just be shopping for one of her other male friends but I don't think it is too far-fetched for fans to speculate that it was meant for him. (Especially since this seemed to take place around the time when FSF had finished filming HMY and was going to film Hua Pi 2 with her.)

I want to see ym's costume for hus pi 2.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Me too!! Unfortunately it seems like movie filming is kept super top secret (unlike TV series where the cast/crew often post up filming pics on their weibos and companies will also release photos). I mean, we still haven't got a single photo from "Wang De Sheng Yan". And only 2 blurry photos of FSF in his HMY movie (both where you can only see the back of his head, and I think the movie people expressed their unhappiness that even that got leaked). So I don't really expect to see anything from HP2 until they finish filming, probably.