Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Just started watching JCSS (well only 12 min of the 1st episode) but sunnysnow you were right, the editing is so choppy and definitely feels more like I'm watching a trailer instead of an actual series because it keeps jumping around to different things. Oh well, perhaps this is like DMXN where the first few eps were pretty horrendous but then drastically improves afterward. I can't imagine they keep this bad editing throughout the whole series--it's probably more because there are so many characters in here (the 4 brothers + the 3 women they are paired with), each with their own storylines, so they're trying to introduce a bit of everyone all at once and this is the unfortunate messy result. >_< I think it might've been better if they just chose one storyline and then slowly added in the rest gradually, although maybe they thought that wouldn't be fair (make some characters seem less important)? I dunno.

Other complaint is 3rd brother is way too over-the-top (he was so much better as a serious-with-a-touch-of-mischievous character in the Detective Di Ren Jie prequel), and 2nd brother I don't find good-looking enough yet. (On another note, if it weren't similar enough that YM has a love triangle going on with 2 brothers in all of Gong/DMXN/JCSS, the parallels go right down to the older brother being super serious vs younger brother being super outgoing/mischievous, and YM liking the older brother while the younger brother suffers from unrequited love. Difference being, of course, that FSF pulls off his character way better than the DMXN/JCSS younger brothers (while Mickey He is worse), and YM does end up changing her affections in Gong in the end.) But wow, there are so many similarities between these series,
    click to show/hide spoilers
    apart from the brothers parallel, in both DMXN/JCSS, YM's character pretends to be a different person in order to get revenge for her murdered family members, and eventually fake-marries into her enemy's family to achieve this goal. Except in DMXN her character personality + maid storyline is more similar to Gong, whereas her JCSS character is more like Xue Yuan.

It's also annoying me how low-quality the YT episodes are (whereas Gong was super HQ, and DMXN was pretty good quality too). I'm gonna try to find a better version somewhere...
    where are you watching it? because i had a playlist saved that i meant to watch with all the episodes and the quality didn't seem too bad.
    actually it isn't fantastic either. but is this the same one you're using? http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...3435089B3B3482
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

Quote Originally Posted by snowyjasmine View Post
    where are you watching it? because i had a playlist saved that i meant to watch with all the episodes and the quality didn't seem too bad.
    actually it isn't fantastic either. but is this the same one you're using? http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...3435089B3B3482
    Yup, that's what I'm watching...I guess the quality is not horrible, I've just been spoiled by how HQ the Gong eps were (and DMXN was also better). So I'm just being picky. :P

I've been catching up on random YM news I never paid attention to before and I really liked this talk show appearance (it's from Oct. last year so some of you probably already saw it): Oct. 13 2010 "Fei Chang Jing Ju Li"

I have to say, the more of these interviews I watch of YM the more I respect her. Before, I just liked her acting and thought she was one of the most beautiful Asian actresses, however lately I'm really admiring her professionalism, honesty, and determination. In here she talks about all the hardships she had to endure while working her way up in the entertainment industry, how she doesn't let the rumours get to her because she's always been true to herself, and how despite how hard she works she thinks a happy family is really the most important thing (among other topics). The host is the same as the one who did FengMi's ChaoJi interview in March and I really like her style of hosting--it's quite funny that here, she seemed to be a YM/HG shipper (YM replied they are very very good friends but definitely not dating), but then 5 months later she turned into a total FengMi shipper, lmao.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-14-11 at 10:22 PM.

Have any of you guys seen the new on FSF on MayDaily? LOL There was this photo that supposedly been forwarded all over the internet of a guy who took a naked photo of himself. Everyone was assuming it was FSF taking naked photos of himself and sending it to his "gay" lover. LOL I may not be a fan but "gay"? COME ON! You can totally see that he's smitten with Yang Mi.

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    Have any of you guys seen the new on FSF on MayDaily? LOL There was this photo that supposedly been forwarded all over the internet of a guy who took a naked photo of himself. Everyone was assuming it was FSF taking naked photos of himself and sending it to his "gay" lover. LOL I may not be a fan but "gay"? COME ON! You can totally see that he's smitten with Yang Mi.
    I saw that piece of news on weibo too. I think a malicious FSF hater purposely attached a photo of a random naked guy who somewhat resembled FSF from a certain angle and started to send the weibo post to all the big news reporters in the entertainment industry. Some of these reporters actually fell for it and started to spread the posting too. But the actual naked guy came out to identify himself and FSF's agent also issued a public clarification. I guess fame comes with heavy costs. The more popular you become, the more haters out there.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-16-11 at 02:21 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Yeah that was ridiculous...if they wanted to make it a bit more realistic they should've at least written that he was sending it to Yang Mi. (I'm just kidding! FSF is definitely not the type of guy to do that lol.)

Unfortunately with fame comes a lot of ridiculous made-up tabloid stories. FSF actually doesn't seem to get too much bad press though, I think YM definitely gets the brunt of it. Actually I really suspect the underground "blacklisting" (not saying it's all TR since i don't even know if Karen has that much influence) has continued up till this day, because I don't think I've seen any other actress get as much bashing in the press (plastic surgery stuff, unfounded attacks on her character, etc). Recently a ton of big-name media companies apparently all posted articles/video news about YM "doing plastic surgery and hiding it with a face mask during movie promotion". The fact that all of them posted the same story around the same time is kind of suspicious (it's not just a few random reporters making up things). After the "just ignore these ridiculous stories" attitude YM and her company have maintained in the past few years, finally this time I guess they feel that it's gone overboard--her company made a public statement on the issue and is sending "cease-and-desist" requests to all the media, threatening legal action if they continue to post these unfounded stories about YM and plastic surgery.

YM's agent also said, "when we made the decision for YM to appear in the promotions wearing the face mask, we already guessed this would happen." It's so sad that YM could've cancelled the events due to sickness but she decided to attend anyways, and instead of praising her work ethic the media is using this as an opportunity to slander her again. (Then again, if she cancelled there would be more negative press and they would probably use her absence as "evidence" that she went to do more surgery anyways.)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-16-11 at 02:19 PM.

I definitely feel someone is out there maliciously trying to slander and blacklist YM in the entertainment industry. Her rise in popularity might be a big reason for envy. YM's blunt character probably offended a lot of "big people" in showbiz and they probably didn't easily forgive her for it. I know one showbiz reporter on weibo who seems to have made her lifetime goal to twist and defame YM. Supposedly YM made a derogatory remark about this news reporter's co-worker (I think calling her "retarded"). Now they both detest her to the bone.

P.S. The alleged YM's "retarded" remark may have some grounds of truth since YM is the type not afraid to use quite offensive language when she's in anger or something. But honestly, that one derogatory remark does not warrant the amount of badmouthing this reporter has been giving YM on weibo. In fact, this reporter is known to badmouth a lot of celebrities and it's unfortunate she has a huge fan base to support her.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-16-11 at 02:38 PM.

Yeah, someone mentioned before how YM probably offended a lot of producers/investment people by openly discussing "qian gui zhe" in the entertainment industry--something everyone knows exists but no one dares touch the subject. She herself said that she is sometimes too straightforward and open, and has learned to be a bit more cautious recently (although she is still very blunt compared to other actors). In that interview I just watched she also admitted that she probably hurt/offended a lot of people without meaning to when she was younger and less experienced, and that if given the chance, she would like to apologize to all of them. I think YM's been "punished" enough for this though (her reputation repeatedly taking a hit from those stories) so those people should really just learn to let go. I mean, YM has never held a grudge or counter-attacked the people who did worse to her than what she did to them. She's also said that in her family they will often "insult" each other in a joking/friendly manner so she often doesn't mean to harm anyone with her remarks.

JoleCole out of curiosity who is this reporter? I never knew of this before.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-16-11 at 02:44 PM.

JoleCole out of curiosity who is this reporter? I never knew of this before.
    Her weibo name is 华谊小职工, quite an infamous name on the TianYa Forum too。 She claimed she got a lot of her inside scoops from her past working experience at HuaYi Brothers Entertainment Corps. But HuaYi's big boss Wang Zhong Lei made a comment that he didn't even know she existed in his company. LOL.

Someone once linked this news reporter to TR because she referred to Karen as "K姐“ or "Older Sister K." Also, out of the numerous artists she badmouthed, TR artists are the rare few she spared and actually praised. She's also one of the reasons why I started to have suspicions that TR once tried to blacklist YM.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-16-11 at 09:49 PM.

Poor ym. That news reporter sounds suspicious indeed. I hope when and if ym's company/agent decides to take legal actions, they will target that bi@tch first.

And I hope Karen suffers major losses this year! Wishing ym can be ryy in a good xajh adaptation and become even mor popular to piss off Karen even more.

On the other hand, it is somewhat ym's fault for being so shortsighted in her insults and bluntness. While some may view her as being open and honest, others can perceive her as being a diva. But ym has learned her lesson, has proven to be a hardworking and talented artist, and has apologized. So forgive and forget and move on producers.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I saw that piece of news on weibo too. I think a malicious FSF hater purposely attached a photo of a random naked guy who somewhat resembled FSF from a certain angle and started to send the weibo post to all the big news reporters in the entertainment industry. Some of these reporters actually fell for it and started to spread the posting too. But the actual naked guy came out to identify himself and FSF's agent also issued a public clarification. I guess fame comes with heavy costs. The more popular you become, the more haters out there.

Oh that's good. At least the guy had the decency to come out and clear FSF's name.

As far as YM and Karen goes. I feel that no matter what happened between them, whether it was YM's fault or Karen just exaggerated. That was years ago, and YM has paid her dues. She has suffered enough for it and its time to let the past be the past. Obviously, YM has moved on, so I don't see nor do I understand why Karen would want to keep holding a grudge that doesn't even matter anymore. Honestly, not to sound so mean and vulgar on here. All the pictures that I have seen of Karen, she just looks like a straight up B***h! She just looks like one of those people who if she doesn't like you, you'll never see a peaceful day in your life.

I don't know whether Karen is behind everything...I mean, does she/TR really have that much influence over all the different media sites? I can see her having a connection with that one blogger though.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    Wishing ym can be ryy in a good xajh adaptation and become even mor popular to piss off Karen even more.

On the other hand, it is somewhat ym's fault for being so shortsighted in her insults and bluntness. While some may view her as being open and honest, others can perceive her as being a diva. But ym has learned her lesson, has proven to be a hardworking and talented artist, and has apologized. So forgive and forget and move on producers.
    Didn't YM say once that the best response to your detractors is to work hard and be successful to prove them wrong? (Not sure if someone posted it here or I read it on another forum or on her weibo.) So instead of responding to these attacks and wasting her time with these petty issues she has put her effort into her work.

I agree that she can easily offend people inadvertently (e.g. I bet that poor guy on Happy Camp dislikes YM now for embarrassing him on national TV, even if it was all in good fun--and who can blame him if he does?). But I don't think her blunt attitude would come off as "diva-ish"...in fact YM has always been quite humble. Most of the actors/directors/producers that have worked with her have nothing but good things to say about her hard work, professionalism, and acting, and get along great with her. This is just my speculation but I suspect she really pissed off a lot of rich/powerful people with the "qian gui zhe" thing, especially when she admitted that it happened in Hong Lou Meng (a huge big-budget production, and you can bet there were lots of rich people involved who don't want their shameful secrets exposed, even if YM never said any names). I remember there was a HUGE backlash after that incident (even media people accusing her of it, which made no sense since if she was the one involved wouldn't she be covering it up as well?). After that incident was when I think YM really started being more careful of what she says in public.

I don't know whether Karen is behind everything...I mean, does she/TR really have that much influence over all the different media sites? I can see her having a connection with that one blogger though.
    I agree TR/Karen isn't that powerful, at least not compared to other management companies like HuaYi Brothers. Karen probably has her connections in showbiz, but I think most of YM's more powerful enemies come from rich producers/sponsors she probably inadvertently offended through her comments/refused to join in their social parties/games.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-16-11 at 09:58 PM.

A new pic from "Da Qin Zhi Dao", YM with Li Dong Xue: (posted by a Japanese fan where DQZD was broadcasted)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/675de0e7gw1ditmn9iozzj.jpg')

LDX looks really handsome here, I think he suits ancient styling better than modern or Min Guo. Hard to believe this was filmed 4 years ago! O_o (I don't really like YM's hairstyle here though, it's like a "bowl cut" again...)

Edit: LDX also reposted it on his weibo and said that it's a really good series (obviously he might be biased though lol) and he hopes the "proper" channel (CCTV I think is what it's referring to) will broadcast it sometime. Didn't someone say CCTV is notorious for delaying releases of TV dramas? I also just realized he's playing the historical character General "Meng Yi" (i.e. the same role Jackie Chan and Hu Ge played in "The Myth" movie and drama respectively). I can't believe a historically inaccurate crazy time-travelling drama got released that fast (I couldn't get through that one even though I wanted to watch it for HG, Ren Quan, and Chen Zihan), yet a proper historical series like DQZD with probably a much better script gets buried for years! x_x

Also I found one person's comment under the picture hilarious: "YM I realized you've collaborated with so many actors twice: LDX in DQZD/DMXN, Fu Dalong in DRJQZ/JCSS, Chi Shuai in JCSS/MingYun, HXM in ROCH/An Xiang, Mickey He in MRXJ/Gong, Hu Ge in LiaoZhai/CP3, FSF--well this one we don't even need to say it!" Lmao... (It's an interesting observation though--I'd add YK (Beijing Fairytale/Gong), YH (Shang Shu Fang/CP3), and possibly Chen Kun (Door/Hua Pi 2, though perhaps she has no scenes with him in HP2) to that list as well. Now that I think about it, seems like FSF really is the only actor that she has acted opposite in over 2 series...)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 07-17-11 at 04:02 PM.

If Da Qin Zhi Dao is being broadcasted in Japan...couldn't we find an online version posted somewhere?? X_X;

Thanks for the pic!
    Been waiting to watch DQZD for ages... 3 or 4 years, to be more specific. (Though I don't care that much about YM and I sure hope the series won't turn out to be too much of a YM-fest.)
    CCTV folks sure are taking their sweet time to actually air this show (I can't see why - it was not exactly a cheap production, I'd assume they might want their money back).
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    If Da Qin Zhi Dao is being broadcasted in Japan...couldn't we find an online version posted somewhere?? X_X;
    That's what I'm wondering too! >_< You'd think someone would upload it! (Although, I don't know if they just have subtitles or if they actually dubbed over the voices in japanese, that would be annoying to watch...)

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    Thanks for the pic!
    Been waiting to watch DQZD for ages... 3 or 4 years, to be more specific. (Though I don't care that much about YM and I sure hope the series won't turn out to be too much of a YM-fest.)
    CCTV folks sure are taking their sweet time to actually air this show (I can't see why - it was not exactly a cheap production, I'd assume they might want their money back).
    I wouldn't worry about that! I don't even think YM is one of the main leads--this sounds like one of those historical dramas where men and war take the forefront, not those "female-dominated" YZ series, so I don't think you will feel like YM-overload, lol.

I feel like it's just a matter of time before CCTV gets around to it because there is really no reason for it not to be released...I'm guessing it'll be like WZJ which also took a looooong time to finally be broadcasted (wasn't that done by CCTV too? I could be mistaken though).

I think she is going to be rather prominent. Judging from the trailers, the princess is going to have a lot to do with both Meng Tian and Meng Yi and I think (I hope) those two (esp. the former) are going to take up a lot of screen time...:-)
    (Well, of course originally I started to follow the news about this series because of Fusu, but that poor chap never really features very prominently in anything, so I am not holding my breath - but as long as they show me the crown prince slitting his throat, I will be content, I guess...:-})
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    I think she is going to be rather prominent. Judging from the trailers, the princess is going to have a lot to do with both Meng Tian and Meng Yi and I think (I hope) those two (esp. the former) are going to take up a lot of screen time...:-)
    (Well, of course originally I started to follow the news about this series because of Fusu, but that poor chap never really features very prominently in anything, so I am not holding my breath - but as long as they show me the crown prince slitting his throat, I will be content, I guess...:-})
    Really? I don't remember seeing her that much in the trailer (although I won't be complaining if she has more screentime! :P).

And wait, YM is going to be involved with two brothers again?! (Sorry, I don't know much about the plot of this series or the historical events during that time.) Along with HFCQ and the 3 recent YM series I've watched, this makes 5 dramas where she is caught in some sort of love triangle between 2 brothers...she just can't escape from this type of storyline, lol! (Although of course the latter two seem much more serious and tragic, with less focus on light-hearted romance and more focus on historical events.)

It's merely my guess and I might be totally off the mark, but the two trailers seem to be suggesting something of the sort.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里