Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

A video clip of the short "trailer (?)" or promo thing they aired at the press conference (only see 2 shots of YM). A bit low-quality...

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/9jio2m1mTF4/

snowjasmine: Heehee, I am so up for a FSF kidnapping... XD And I agree her top is nice, but the weird skirt/leggings thing, not so much...)

patricia: Now that you mention it I definitely see Ella's Charlene resemblance! Actually from her look in the posters I thought she kinda looked like a cross between Selina and Hebe. LOL. And I thought Vic looks more like a thug in the actual filming pics, hehe. Anyways the director said this movie is really lucky--apparently he signed Yang Mi and Xiao Xiao Bin to this project a long time ago--before they both shot up to major popularity. So he is just reeling in all the benefits here, haha. At any rate it does sound like XTSYD and Ru Yi are the last of the projects that YM was committed to prior to Gong airing.

And I will definitely keep posting updates on YM--unfortunately I won't be able to do so in the next few days so I might have to do a mega-post next Monday. :P (Really sad about it too...I probably won't have internet connection which means I'll miss out on "Qi Xi" on Saturday, i.e. the "Chinese Valentine's Day". I was really looking forward to what adorably sweet thing FSF might post on his weibo this time around! Usually they are pretty low-key on their weibos but on both Feb. 14 and May 20 (both "couple" holidays), FSF went all-out! (He still didn't name YM directly but it could not be more obvious who his messages are meant for.) So FengMi fans are anticipating another awesome surprise on this 3rd "holiday of love" of the year! And I'm apparently destined to miss out on all of them. :'( (Since I didn't follow FengMi till June/July.) Sigh... Though, we probably shouldn't get our hopes up--it'll be hard to top his May 20th "5201314" anyhow!
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-04-11 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Basically, in a span of a few short days (less than a week I think), she has gone from:
    - "Ru Yi" filming in An Ji, to
    - Shanghai for Lux short film with YH, to
    - Beijing for DMGD celebration conference/announcement of upcoming movie projects, back to
    - Shanghai for more Lux filming, to
    - Beijing for HP2 filming, to
    - XTSYD press conference (thankfully it is in Beijing too so she doesn't have to catch another flight), and back to
    - HP2 filming
    It's really amazing how she can concentrate on so many things at once, getting into character with multiple roles? Has she finished Ru Yi in An Ji? I don't think An Ji and Beijing are walking distance for her to film concurrently! I must think she would have finished with Ru Yi before taking on HP2.

mango_cake, I realise there was another missed opportunity for our YH-YM coupling! Wasn't YM the first choice for Princess Tai Ping in The Secret History of Wu Zetian, but she couldn't film the scenes because she got over-committed to other projects outside of Hengdian (i.e. Ming Yun - which I'm not keen on since her main pairing is with Chi Shuai and not FSF, plus the story sounds a bit melodrama)? If she was Princess Tai Ping in that series, my guess is she would be in the title role in the sequel filming now and paired with YH
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-05-11 at 09:23 PM.

Oh...another missed opportunity. Hopefully yu zheng can help create a good yh-ym series then since he adores them so much.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post

mango_cake, I realise there was another missed opportunity for our YH-YM coupling! Wasn't YM the first choice for Princess Tai Ping in The Secret History of Wu Zetian, but she couldn't film the scenes because she got over-committed to other projects outside of Hengdian (i.e. Ming Yun - which I'm not keen on since her main pairing is with Chi Shuai and not FSF, plus the story sounds a bit melodrama)? If she was Princess Tai Ping in that series, my guess is she would be in the title role in the sequel filming now and paired with YH
    I dunno about being paired with YH. Didn't Princess Taiping have something like 3 husbands anyways?

Really? I don't know much about history...was definitely my least favorite subject in high school. That and English!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

HP2 plot speculation: Although much of it is top secret, fans have collected little tidbits from various places--YM is supposedly playing somoe type of "bird demon/spirit" (third time now, after playing the fox spirit in Liao Zhai and the swan spirit in the Hua Pi TV series). FSF is supposedly a human. Based on his hairstyle in the pic, fans are speculating that he will be one of those "demon hunters". Someone in the HP2 crew has also revealed that yesterday, FSF/YM were shooting some exciting "fight" scenes. So, since YM has said that she will be the "proactive" one here (force kissing FSF), it sounds like FSF will be trying to hunt down YM while YM tries to seduce him LMAO. And then they fall in love somehow. Anyways I'm getting super excited about this now! ^_^ (Although, this type of storyline sounds destined for a tragic ending...)
    Wow, I am super excited about HP2 too! Even though I notice Chinese movies are unlike Chinese TV series - Chinese movies almost always have a tragic ending! Nevertheless, I really want to see FengMi is a well-directed series with top-class production values, and not have Gong as their representative collab.

I don't remember YM having done much fighting in her previous dramas. Even in CP3, she didn't fight much at all...only a few moves. And in MRXJ, just some swiping here and there with a puny army (typical Yu Zheng who doesn't know how to do battle scenes properly). I'm not really confident of Yu Zheng doing a fab Smiling Proud Wanderer, but if he does cast YM as Ren Ying Ying, I'd be eternally grateful to him. It's a tough character to portray and I can only see YM pulling it off acting-wise. However, she doesn't have the physical agility that her pal LSS has.

Not sure whether these Ru Yi pics have been posted, but she looks breath-taking here. I'm only neutral towards Hawick Lau. I mean in Feng Chuan Mu Dan, it was Li Xiaoran who wowed me, but for him, anyone else could have taken the same role and given the same performance. But I adore Hawick's real-life father, Lau Dan - the absolute classic Hong Qigong of TVB's LOCH1982 & ROCH1983
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/30ttfsx.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2zee0eo.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-07-11 at 01:13 PM.

It's really amazing how she can concentrate on so many things at once, getting into character with multiple roles? Has she finished Ru Yi in An Ji? I don't think An Ji and Beijing are walking distance for her to film concurrently! I must think she would have finished with Ru Yi before taking on HP2.

She's definitely not done with Ru Yi or HP2--in fact I think she flew back to An Ji the day after the XTSYD conference/HP2 filming to continue with Ru Yi filming. That's actually where's she's been the past few days...so not too much YM updates! (FengMi however did not disappoint on QiXi i.e. "Chinese Valentine's Day". XD Will try to compile those tidbits tomorrow!)

Even if YM did participate in "Wu Zetian" though I don't think she'd have time to continue that role in the sequel with YH, unfortunately...I mentioned this before but it is now confirmed that YM cannot even make time for her small role in "Wang De Sheng Yan". Apparently her agent said they did originally make time for it, but there were scheduling changes (honestly it seems like that production team has been super slow and draggy, how long has filming for it been going on already...??). So they are asking YM to go now, and as you can imagine she has absolutely no time since she is hard at work finishing up her part in both Ru Yi and HP2 this month. I feel bad for YM because I know she really wanted to participate in the project (the director Lu Chuan, who is also one of her friends, comforted/reassured YM about missing out...her manager also said they did try to make space in her schedule but it was impossible), but at the same time I'm happy she doesn't have to overwork herself even more for this minor role. Rumours right now are that Huo SiYan will be taking up her role instead.

I don't remember YM having done much fighting in her previous dramas. Even in CP3, she didn't fight much at all...only a few moves. And in MRXJ, just some swiping here and there with a puny army (typical Yu Zheng who doesn't know how to do battle scenes properly). I'm not really confident of Yu Zheng doing a fab Smiling Proud Wanderer, but if he does cast YM as Ren Ying Ying, I'd be eternally grateful to him. It's a tough character to portray and I can only see YM pulling it off acting-wise. However, she doesn't have the physical agility that her pal LSS has.
    Yup, I'd say fighting scenes is definitely her major weakness as an actress (probably her only weakness though in my opinion, so I forgive her ). I mentioned before that her lack of fighting scenes may be due to the fact that she got injured early on in her career while doing fight scenes which made her nervous/scared of it, but it sounds like she will be trying hard to overcome it and improve in this area in the future (especially for "Da Wudang"). At any rate she probably does use a lot more stunt/body doubles in her fight scenes compared to other actresses like LSS--I think a few days ago, when YM was still working on HP2, someone posted on their weibo that they were going to Beijing to be a body double for YM (obviously take that with a grain of salt but sounds believable?).

patricia I remember you said you liked the pics of her with the face mask since it brings out her eyes...thought you'd appreciate this one even more:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/dr4md3.jpg')

I have no idea how people got ahold of this but it was supposedly taken during HP2 filming (maybe around the time of the DMGD promo stuff since she was working on HP2 before and after). I hesitated in putting this up because the person who posted it on the FengMi baidu forum asked people not to repost it on weibos etc since it is a "leak" of HP2 (where everything is being kept secret)...but, I figured, there is almost no chance the Chinese media will find this here, right? And it's too pretty not to share...so hopefully it's ok. (*hides*)

It also reminded me of one scene in JCSS:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/18hsh3.jpg')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-08-11 at 01:02 AM.

I mentioned this before but it is now confirmed that YM cannot even make time for her small role in "Wang De Sheng Yan". Apparently her agent said they did originally make time for it, but there were scheduling changes (honestly it seems like that production team has been super slow and draggy, how long has filming for it been going on already...??). So they are asking YM to go now, and as you can imagine she has absolutely no time since she is hard at work finishing up her part in both Ru Yi and HP2 this month.
    Oh dear, what a pity. Wang De Sheng Yan is a very high profile movie with big-time A-listers like Daniel Wu, Liu Ye and Nie Yan in it. Plus she wants to make her way into international movies. It would've been great for her if she could be in two huge international releases at the same time - HP2 and Wang De Sheng Yan.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Hi, I'm new to this thread but I just thought you'd like to see these pictures I've just made.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr23/13tnttn101/ymnvic.png')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr23/13tnttn101/fsfnymbaby.png')
    There's a reason why we want YM to be with FSF.
    Last edited by 13tnttn101; 08-08-11 at 02:17 AM.

hahaha LOL good one

Quote Originally Posted by 13tnttn101 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this thread but I just thought you'd like to see these pictures I've just made.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr23/13tnttn101/ymnvic.png')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr23/13tnttn101/fsfnymbaby.png')
    There's a reason why we want YM to be with FSF.
    Last edited by Stacey Xiong; 08-08-11 at 05:03 AM.

As promised...I made a gigantic fangirl post about the wonderful FengMi QiXi stuff. However it turned out so big, I felt bad about posting it here in YM's thread (I do try to keep it mostly to YM filming/promo news, really!) so I made it on the Gong thread instead: here

But for a snippet, here is what YM posted on her weibo on QiXi (rather sad but poignant): "Some words are said too much as filming dialogue, so I cannot bring myself to say them in real life. If they are said out loud, even I myself feel they are not genuine. Thinking this way it is indeed quite tragic, used up all my feelings and tears only for the viewers' enjoyment. But to the person I truly care about, I am too scared to even open my mouth."

There's a rumour that Zhou Xun will be the other main actress in YM's upcoming moving "Wind Seeker" with Tony Leung. =) Which would be pretty neat since they are collaborating in HP2 now! Also, this is old news but I only found this out recently--apparently YM is the "face" of Veet in China. (She's quite prominent on Veet's chinese weibo page.)

Commercial here: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjY4NDk5MzQ0.html

One of the many BTS vids released recently: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjkwNzA2MDQ0.html

It's cute, they incorporate the fact that she's so busy--i.e. waxing lasts 4 weeks so she can do 4 weeks of work without worrying about shaving LMAO.

She also did a photoshoot for it awhile back as well. Three of the photos below--they did 2 looks for her, one more natural, one more dramatic: (2nd one is way too photoshopped again, she looks almost robotic...but, it is a new, different look for her)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/764dd03ftw1dhtx2r50xcj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2zsohuf.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/aow26a.jpg')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-08-11 at 10:01 PM.

!!! Awesome news on the YM/YH front!!! Just read that they are, indeed, playing a couple in the Lux mini-story. (So I guess the random brother/sister action hero thing was an in-joke after all, oh these goofballs...) Sounds like they have a pretty complicated on-off relationship spanning 10 years type thing, but they get a happy ending I think/hope?? 2 pics: (YM looks lovely but WHERE IS MY Yuan Hong?!! Stop hiding him! Anyhow I was not that bothered about this Lux campaign before but thanks to YH's involvement I am now really anticipating it. We should be able to see the whole thing by the end of August--FINALLY a YM project I don't have to wait forever for...even it is just a short promo thing.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2hmixw2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2m4xdsp.jpg')

It sounds like her character is rather cold, but in the end becomes quite proactive in winning over YH?? YM once again jokingly mentions marriage in the interview, heehee: "I keep saying I want to get married before I'm 30, looks like to reach that goal requires my hard work too, I hope I can be like this character to be more proactive and determined for true love!" (Although I don't know what she's talking about, she clearly doesn't need to do a thing--FSF is being more than proactive enough for both of them LOL. But maybe this is why YM surprised me in taking the initiative to post first on QiXi--whereas before, on both Feb. 14/May 20, it was all FSF posting and YM didn't even reply! So, I'm definitely not complaining if YM feels like being more proactive from now on... XD)

13tnttn101 that FengMi baby is pretty cute! It has YM's big watery eyes. ^_^ (And the other one...looks like an old man...lol)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-09-11 at 01:29 AM.

!!! Awesome news on the YM/YH front!!! Just read that they are, indeed, playing a couple in the Lux mini-story. (So I guess the random brother/sister action hero thing was an in-joke after all, oh these goofballs...) Sounds like they have a pretty complicated on-off relationship spanning 10 years type thing, but they get a happy ending I think/hope?? 2 pics: (YM looks lovely but WHERE IS MY Yuan Hong?!! Stop hiding him! Anyhow I was not that bothered about this Lux campaign before but thanks to YH's involvement I am now really anticipating it. We should be able to see the whole thing by the end of August--FINALLY a YM project I don't have to wait forever for...even it is just a short promo thing.)
    Wow! I'm soooo looking forward to ANY YH-YM pairing, even in a short project! YH is still freelance - he doesn't have a publicist to announce his projects, photos etc. So the red beans have to rely on random announcements from the TV stations and other artistes to get his news.

Here's a swimsuit shot of YM from that horror movie just shown in the cinemas, filmed way before her recent bout of sexy magazine spreads and the push-up decolletage at that media event with Ming Dao. Can't help but notice she's always been really well endowed!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/dvh4hw.jpg')

I agree, even from her 16-year-old pics you could tell she was not flat-chested...it's just that she was more covered up before, while recently she's started attending more glitzy events (wearing lower-cut dresses) and more revealing photoshoots. Also I am honestly quite surprised by how people keep underestimating the power of a heavily padded/good pushup bra! XD I came across this set of Beijing Olympics promo pics recently. (I remember seeing promo pics of various actors/actresses posing in different sports back then, but I never knew YM also participated!) These were actually released in Feb. 2008, so they must've been taken in early 2008 or late 2007--way before even CP3 filming.

Look at the difference outfits make...she looks pretty flat-chested in the dark red shirt/track pants pics, "normal" size in the red shirt/white skirt pics, and extremely well-endowed in the pink shirt/white skirt pics. (Hmm, perhaps she went for a bit of surgery during each of the costume changes? LOL.) But also, posing (e.g. hunched over vs. standing up straight) and angle of the pics also make a big difference.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/15dqtlu.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2957imd.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/zsv211.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/ftf338.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/10pnkpd.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/263zul2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/erxzd0.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/35btac0.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/121eq6q.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/6pt2fr.jpg')

And just adding these pics cause they are so cute/pretty: ^_^ (Couldn't fit it in before due to spcnet's 10-pic limit per post.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/riu7lv.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2vjx287.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/qnnwpy.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/14j3p1x.jpg')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-09-11 at 05:52 PM.

Here's a swimsuit shot of YM from that horror movie just shown in the cinemas, filmed way before her recent bout of sexy magazine spreads and the push-up decolletage at that media event with Ming Dao. Can't help but notice she's always been really well endowed!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/dvh4hw.jpg')
    YM's body looks really healthy in this pic- not skin and bones but proper flesh on her arms and stomach too. Maybe she's the type who always loses weight first on her face, which is the part of her people mostly/only notice.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

^Her arms are about half that size most of the time we see her, though.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I'm sure her weight fluctuates a lot too (like most people). Especially due to the stress of overworking, lack of sleep, irregular schedule, etc. But happily, she seems to be at a healthy weight right now (at least from the recent HP2/DMGD celebratory press conference pics, she seemed to have some meat on her! ).

Anyways not really any exciting news but apparently Gong 2 is starting filming tomorrow, so YM will be leaving RuYi filming in An Ji and going to HengDian (supposedly she has 3 days of work for her Gong 2 cameo role--not sure if it's all in one shot or if it's a day here and there). Once again I am annoyed by Yu Zheng's ability to gather an attractive cast that makes me want to watch his series even though I previously had no interest in it! Because apparently Shu Chang will be playing one of the lead roles!!! And Chen Xiao (guy who looked really good in WDNR pics) will be playing 17th prince. (Among other famous actors, but these are the two that really got my attention...I think Sun FeiFei and Zhang JiaNi are participating too but dunno how big their roles are.) Sigh. I haven't seen Shu Chang in forever so I am tempted to watch just for her...

And Chen Xiao (guy who looked really good in WDNR pics) will be playing 17th prince. (Among other famous actors, but these are the two that really got my attention...
    wait...I though Du Chun is going to play 17th Prince? they also casted the Zi Wei from the new HZGG to be 17th's wife.
    Need to stop being lazy...