Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    lol...mango cake, you're a very fair and open minded person. even though you don't care for lyf's real life personality, at least you defend her and say that she's sweet and warm towards those she knows. as for me, i can't get over her immodesty on boasting about knowing english well, going to enter the hollywood scene, and being convinced that she out did joey wong's performance in chinese ghost story. so it's nice to know that she has some redeeming qualities.

i don't want a fei-mi movie, can you imagine the war that will be restarted between their crazy fans? the boys' hormones will go wild and be oh so happy and while the girls duke it out in regards to who's a better performer and is more beautiful.

what event will occur tomorrow?
    Lol you give me too much credit...I try to refrain from posting too much about actors/actresses I dislike because everyone has different preferences, but sometimes I can't help myself! Now you're going to make me look like a hypocrite when I post negative stuff again! But yeah, even though I find LYF too boring/a tad emotion-less for my liking, and and dislike the fact that she made it big based on looks/connections rather than talent...from what I have seen personality-wise she seems like a sweet girl who is hard-working and professional on set. Perhaps she is just a bit too "sheltered" from the real world due to her upbringing, so sometimes she may come off as a bit "snobbish"--but in a well-meaning/innocent way. I mean, honestly I have more issues with her mom's seeming personality than LYF's--let's not even mention how protective she is (always shadowing LYF everywhere and not letting her be independent)--I'm just flabbergasted by what she named LYF. I actually thought it was a joke when I first read that LYF's real name is "Liu Xi Mei Zi". (Thank god she went with "Liu Yifei" as her stage name, it sounds much nicer and more normal than her real crazy name!) "Xi" comes from the famous Austrian Princess/Empress Sissi (the mini-movie was a huge hit in China so she is arguably the most famous Western princess in China), the name is translated as "Princess XiXi" in Chinese, which is where LYF gets that nickname--most of her good friends call her "XiXi"; "Mei" means beautiful; "Zi" means child...so basically her mom named her "(Princess) Sissi beautiful child"...I mean, who the heck names their child that?! O_o First of all I didn't even know you could have an extravagant 4-character name (most people have 2-3 character names; the only people who have 4 are because their last name consists of 2 characters already). And to make it so "flowery"/fancy on top of that? Poor LYF.

And yeah, I can't imagine the flame war between the two groups of fans that will erupt if they do collaborate again. >_< (I already have to force myself to ignore comments about LYF being a "natural" beauty while YM is "plastic". But of course every fan group has their rotten eggs--some YM fans are really annoying too...)

And tomorrow is the awesomesauce TV/movie festival event which will be attended by Yang Mi, FSF, HG, TY (I think/hope?), LSS, Hawick, Eddie, and lots more!! So I'm hoping for lots of cute group pictures and (if we're lucky) FengMi pictures. XD

Here's the commercial and a promo pic for it--credit goes to Liu Xiao Xiao and HG-CL who first posted these in LSS' thread:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6741e029gw1dkf9ow36vvj.jpg')

i don't even understand what they're saying in the clip but why do most of them sound like they are struggling through a tongue twister?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

i don't even understand what they're saying in the clip but why do most of them sound like they are struggling through a tongue twister?
    LMAO...rewatching it without really listening to the words it is pretty funny! Basically they say to watch the 2011 letv entertainment awards, then they say their names at the end. I guess it is a mouthful to say on the fly!

Ok latest news about the Aug. 28th event: FSF is apparently there to promote BOTH Hong Men Yan (with LYF) and Hua Pi 2 (with YM? and I assume ZW, CK, ZX)! i.e. he'll be walking the red carpet twice. So I hope this means YM is indeed going and we may get the first red carpet FengMi pics/vids in a VERY, very long time! *jumps up and down squeeing* (Ok, maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up too high...and wait--so which movie cast is he going to sit with?! I'm afraid it may be HMY since he is one of the male leads in there, whereas he and YM are only supporting roles, secondary to the CK/ZX/ZW trio in HP2...or maybe the organizers can seat both groups together and FSF can sit in the middle. ) I swear, one of the reasons I want FengMi to keep collaborating in movies/series is so they can keep promoting their projects together--otherwise I doubt they would ever appear together in public for fear of egging on all the rumours. (P.S. can you imagine how many guys in that Fei-Mi thread probably hate FSF right now--he gets to collaborate with BOTH of their fantasy dream girls one right after the other AND on top of that is probably dating YM... )

They are either jealous or think he's a stud ( in the mac daddy sense/ player sense...lol. Can't believe i said mac daddy)

fsf antifans will rip me apart for calling him. Stud
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

They are either jealous or think he's a stud ( in the mac daddy sense/ player sense...lol. Can't believe i said mac daddy)

fsf antifans will rip me apart for calling him. Stud
    Somehow I can't picture FSF being a stud. I always have the image of mild-mannered gentleman stuck in my head.

mango_cake, i'm looking forwarding to read another FengMi fangirling post from you. :P Too bad I just read from YM's agent weibo that she won't be able to attend that grand award ceremony on 28th. I heard that particular event is organized by the almighty CCTV.

Anyway, I made a short update on my FengMi blog about the LeTV Award Fest. I'll steal more info from you later.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-26-11 at 04:43 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

she can't make it? please don't tell me it's because of gong 2.

!!! The LeTV awards show exceeded my wildest expectations! I was thinking it would be like the previous Lux-sponsored awards show where we won't get any FengMi pics together...but this time we got: FengMi backstage together, FengMi sitting together, FengMi joking with each other, FengMi accepting awards together (all while holding hands!!!), FengMi posing together, FengMi getting interviewed together (cutest thing EVER by the way)...wow. I think this is the best "FengMi-together-at-an-event" thing that's happened since I started fangirling for them back in May!

Anyways I will definitely type up more detailed stuff later on but here are 2 pics in the meantime:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkjtn0zjx3j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/9ks23a.jpg')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-26-11 at 10:04 PM.

i really like this dress. it hugs her well and is oh so long! what the heck is fsf wearing...lol. he looks so casual in his army boots while ym looks so glammed up. it's so opposite of their personality!

i really like this dress. it hugs her well and is oh so long! what the heck is fsf wearing...lol. he looks so casual in his army boots while ym looks so glammed up. it's so opposite of their personality!
    FSF's style has been...pretty bad lately. >_< He especially likes wearing these horrid boots which are really ugly. (YM seems to have a good sense of style, why isn't she putting her foot down?? Lol.) Although his scruffiness is apparently for a role in an upcoming movie...so I guess I won't be too picky with that.

Anyhow, before posting detailed info of the FengMi stuff, some pics to enjoy: (unfortunately most are blurry low-quality ones. Love YM's hair though.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4b348a35jw1dkjcvagypfj.jpg')

YM also got to catch up with a few friends including Yao Di (actress who played Wang Xi Feng in Dream of the Red Mansion; YM was Qing Wen in there). Some pics of them chatting:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkjuasf99xj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkju60e2rsj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712gw1dkjgwnyuwvj.jpg')

Apparently, there was a YM/TY hug (after TY accepted her award) but I have yet to find video or pic of this. (Still on the lookout!)

FengMi pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6c7e51d9jw1dkjguugbg5j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/87a2225egw1dkj82ks12gj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkjuw18vhuj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkjtt8b489j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkjtz725k4j.jpg')

thanks so much for the pictures! i want to see ty/ym interact and read up on what is written about ym and fsf. any ym and hu ge interaction? was ady an there by any chance?

thanks so much for the pictures! i want to see ty/ym interact and read up on what is written about ym and fsf. any ym and hu ge interaction? was ady an there by any chance?
    Unfortunately...it seems like HG (and LSS too) did not attend after all, despite the fact that they were both in the advertisement/promo video for the event? I haven't been able to find much info about that (although since I'm mostly in the FengMi forum I don't come across much news about HG--he is kinda a sore subject since GeMi was previously the major YM ship, so as you can imagine relations between GeMi fans and FengMi fans are...not friendly, to put it mildly! So I usually depend on other people here for HG news! Sometimes I do venture into other forums though.) I don't think Ady was there either, unfortunately. Maybe next time!

ahh..thanks! anyhow, since i haven't seen gong, i can't say how fengmi's chemistry is in series/movies. but i've seen both of the gemi series...so i'm definite prefer gemi onscreen simply for the fact that i enjoy their onscreen chemistry and have yet to see fengmi. but fsf is such a sweet and thoughtful guy, always defending ym and posting pictures of her, and he seems to be the only one to bring ym such joy that how can i not want them to be together? so if i could speak chinese or read and write chinese, i'd be all over the gemi and fengmi threads.

Well...personally I LOVED GeMi's chemistry in LiaoZhai, but CP3 not so much. I think FengMi's chemistry in Gong is just as good as GeMi's in LiaoZhai (although the rest of the story is terrible)--however, GeMi definitely benefited from a fantastic storyline/script ("Xiao Qian" is such a classic story after all) whereas FengMi had to make the best of a bad one...so I'm giving the edge to FengMi! XD (But I admit I am biased.)

Actually I did venture into GeMi's forum a few times out of curiosity and because I like GeMi's friendship. However, some fans there are so delusional I start to wonder whether me and the FengMi fans are delusional too! >_< They can basically relate everything and anything to a "sign" that GeMi are secretly dating...omg...totally ignoring the signs that HG mgiht be dating XJN and YM is likely dating FSF. e.g. the LeTV event, even though it was full of FengMi adorableness, somehow they interpreted it as "YM is trying to distance herself from FSF and looks uncomfortable beside him." Err...I know I am biased, but even so I just do not know what they are seeing! O_o Some of them are also quite rude about FSF so I avoid that forum now--I do feel bad for them though--guess it's not their fault they are forced to speculate so much since they have so little material to go on. And some of them are quite reasonable. Also...I have seen a small number of FengMi fans being quite rude about Hu Ge too so it goes both ways I guess. (A pity, since I like both actors and think they both had great collaborations with YM.)

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Well...personally I LOVED GeMi's chemistry in LiaoZhai, but CP3 not so much. I think FengMi's chemistry in Gong is just as good as GeMi's in LiaoZhai (although the rest of the story is terrible)--however, GeMi definitely benefited from a fantastic storyline/script ("Xiao Qian" is such a classic story after all) whereas FengMi had to make the best of a bad one...so I'm giving the edge to FengMi! XD (But I admit I am biased.)

Actually I did venture into GeMi's forum a few times out of curiosity and because I like GeMi's friendship. However, some fans there are so delusional I start to wonder whether me and the FengMi fans are delusional too! >_< They can basically relate everything and anything to a "sign" that GeMi are secretly dating...omg...totally ignoring the signs that HG mgiht be dating XJN and YM is likely dating FSF. e.g. the LeTV event, even though it was full of FengMi adorableness, somehow they interpreted it as "YM is trying to distance herself from FSF and looks uncomfortable beside him." Err...I know I am biased, but even so I just do not know what they are seeing! O_o Some of them are also quite rude about FSF so I avoid that forum now--I do feel bad for them though--guess it's not their fault they are forced to speculate so much since they have so little material to go on. And some of them are quite reasonable. Also...I have seen a small number of FengMi fans being quite rude about Hu Ge too so it goes both ways I guess. (A pity, since I like both actors and think they both had great collaborations with YM.)
    I think both side just need to shut up and enjoy their couples to themselves and stop talking about the others... FengMi are meant to be and looks like we already have YanGe so no need to fight anymore.... or ShiGe so yeah... (sorry for my rudeness)
    AWW so sad HG and LSS didnt go, im mad.... i was looking forward to it...=(

I think all fans supporting a couple are biased and the attitude just really depends on the individual. Based on what I observed, the moderators on the FengMi forum are much more stringent than the GeMi forum. Any mention of other X+mi couplings on the FengMi's mega thread is strictly forbidden. So we see a lot more GeMi's rudeness and a lot of FSF's bashing. I also feel a lot of the immaturity comes from younger fans from both sides while the older fans with more life experiences are more sane.

Anyway, I do agree some FengMi's conjectures/interpretations are going overboard. Unless FengMi is purposely putting an act to display their "sweetness" for the public to see, I really think FengMi, at the very least, are best friends. Their relationship has for sure progressed to the point where they don't hesitate to "insult" each other. The only people I can openly insult without hesitation are probably my siblings. LOL. I don't think I will ever claim them to be a couple and recognize other possibilities until they publicly admit it. Before then, I'll just enjoy my FengMi teasing and tidbits.

Okay, I can't help myself but go on a little FengMi fangirling mode and post this. It's freakin' hilarious.
    Link: http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/62bd1ed4gw1dkk0h0br09j.jpg
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/62bd1ed4gw1dkk0h0br09j.jpg')
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-27-11 at 01:09 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

One of the slightly more HQ pics: (The Chinese media are lazy this morning, where are all the HQ pics they surely took??)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/5bf1ceccjw1dkjxwgvpi7j.jpg')

FengMi LeTV mega post part I:

Ok, onto FengMi stuff! JoleCole you did a great job of posting info already on your blog, not sure how much I have to add! ^_^

Arrival & Backstage:

So the one sad thing about this event was that YM once again couldn't make it in time for the red carpet so FSF had to walk down alone just like last time. BUT, apparently he did not go directly to his seat, but actually waited for YM to arrive--people said the two of them did not take their seats until towards the end, when both of them arrived together (with YM apparently holding onto FSF's arm?! Still desperately trying to find pics/vids to verify this bit). However some awesome person did manage to snap this (albeit very blurry) pic of them backstage: (are they holding hands?? shaking hands?? whatever, it's adorable!)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712gw1dkj7tr6uf3j.jpg')

Backstage in discussion with a producer?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6abc3f53jw1dkjc8t9xjpj.jpg')

During the Event:

This is funny: at one point YM decides to go sit with Yao Di (a couple of seats over from her + FSF's seats) so the two of them can catch up. Seems like she switched places with Cecilia Cheung. Anyways, later the host comes down to interview them--she asks YM: "I find it really strange, why is FSF is sitting so far away from you, and went to sit over there??"
    YM pretends to be all innocent and teases, "I don't know, go ask him!"
    Host: "I see that Miss Cecilia Cheung is sitting beside him now, did he specially move over there because of that?"
    YM: "Hmmm, maybe indeed!" (Lol, every time she tries to put the "crime" on FSF's head, haha.)
    Host: (walks over to FSF, who is pointing at YM) What? You are saying it was YM who specially moved away?"
    But before FSF can explain, the host starts asking about Cecilia; FSF says they actually collaborated on some project once several years ago. Then he changes the subject back, saying: "I want to make this clear/explain this--it was actually Yang Mi who walked over there herself!" (Haha. Yes, FSF, we all know you wouldn't be the one to "ditch" YM! XD And while FSF explains, Cecilia is hiding her mouth behind her hand laughing...seems like she finds their "bickering" just as amusing as the rest of us! XD)

Video: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/TmkNZOPOn7c/

Edit: YT vid thanks to xiaolong:

Last edited by mango_cake; 08-27-11 at 02:51 AM.

FengMi LeTV megapost Part II:

Award acceptance:

Video: http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/1324286.html (wish they showed more of FengMi and less of the Gong clips on screen...)

Edit: YT vid thanks to xiaolong

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/5d2752bejw1dkjdvryngwj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/62dfb0c1jw1dkjkbqo16pj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/75a2cb1dtw1dkjevulrdij.jpg')

To a lot of fans' shock, when their names are announced, Yang Mi is the one who voluntarily and immediately reaches to grab FSF's hand this time! O_o She actually first pats his arm and then the both of them hold hands/get up in unison like it's the most natural thing in the world. (Well, since these events are the only time they can hold hands in public, guess they want to make the most of it. ^_^) Then their acceptance speeches are full of cuteness! YM starts off all cold and aloof as usual...until she turns to FSF during her speech and then she starts giggling/laughing like she always does when he's there. =D YM says, "We haven't seen each other in a very long time!" (Um, excuse me, YM?? Her definition of "very long time" is clearly very different than ours! The two of them just saw each other at the Lux event, and even if you don't count that, they were filming HP2 together until very recently. Then again...YM seems to live in a world where she has 100 hours a day to work, so time probably feels longer to her. Still, blatant lie much? Guess she's still trying to convince the world that they are "not that close". Kinda defeats the purpose though when she gives it all away by her actions, hehe...) Anyways, the first thing FSF says is, "congratulations YM!", then he teases, "invite me for dinner later!" (*wink wink nudge nudge*) YM laughs; at one point she considerately reaches over to help adjust FSF's microphone since it's a bit short for him. Too bad the video cuts off prematurely because supposedly they also held hands while walking off the stage too!

Post-Award Interview:

Tomorrow I'll post about their interview after the awards acceptance. No time to detail all the awesome FengMi moments but here is a sneak peak:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/62071d64jw1dkj9wb1j3tj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/62071d64jw1dkje48sq0dj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/67s4df.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/2mhbwq8.gif')

I nearly died watching this interview. It is ADORBS. YM cutely shoves FSF's shoulder several times (while saying "So annoying", "You're so silly/pointless" in a really sweet/loving/indulgent way...just like a wife teasing her husband. XD)

P.S. compare the pics of FengMi at the Lux event (both of them seemed to spend half the time on their phones) to this event (didn't even see one pic of them playing with their phones). Hmmm...I wonder why...??? Makes me more convinced that they were texting each other at the Lux awards show! XD

Part III coming tomorrow!
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-27-11 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Okay, I can't help myself but go on a little FengMi fangirling mode and post this. It's freakin' hilarious.
    Link: http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/62bd1ed4gw1dkk0h0br09j.jpg
    Heehee! Thanks JoleCole, I haven't seen this one before! I definitely started laughing when I saw YM's reaction at the beginning of the interview, when FSF was late...the added smilies make it EXTRA cute! ^_^

more, more, more!!! gotta say, i hate fsf's hairstyle? what's up with the current chinese/taiwanese crazy hair do for men? thanks jolecole and mango cake for the recent posts.

more, more, more!!! gotta say, i hate fsf's hairstyle? what's up with the current chinese/taiwanese crazy hair do for men? thanks jolecole and mango cake for the recent posts.
    Apparently FSF is either just getting really bored during his pre-event styling sessions or he is going overboard on trying out new hairstyles (since when he's filming he doesn't have much control over it) because he has been trying out some really wacko hairstyles lately. Someone needs to tell him we like him just fine with normal hair. LOL. Oh well, I guess it's up to him if he wants to experiment a bit, I just hope he gets over this "phase" soon...although actually, I think it may be related to his upcoming role--his agent said he was trying out different looks (e.g. a slightly scruffy one) for his new role so that may be one reason why he's been showing up in all these crazy looks lately. >_< It's ok, I'm actually sorta getting used to it...