Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    YZ/Karen's feud definitely had a lot of factors--including Yuan Hong, BBJX "plagiarism", etc. However, Yang Mi was definitely a factor as well--and she was probably the actress that suffered the most from their catfight. You can't deny that YM definitely gained a lot of haters after the YZ/Karen situation.
    I don't think YM was so much a factor that "caused" the feud, but rather just just thrown in to fuel the fire. From what I've read, I actually think Yuzheng is more to blame for that since he's the one that actually started it by bringing out YM's name to slam Karen (saying the stuff about how Karen tried to convince him not to cast YM).

I'm pretty sure both sides' words should be taken with more than just a few grains of salt, but I personally found Yuzheng's attacks much more unprofessional (I mean, he decided to insult her personal life? wtf?). Perhaps that's why I think I distrust his words more between the two sides.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-29-11 at 01:31 AM.

i like to strongly dislike karen simply for the fact that she forbids her TR pets to interact with ym in public...hence as a gemi shipper, my dreams of seeing them star in a quality wuxia series as the ultimate couple with a happy ending will never come true.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    I don't think YM was so much a factor that "caused" the feud, but rather just just thrown in to fuel the fire. From what I've read, I actually think Yuzheng is more to blame for that since he's the one that actually started it by bringing out her name.
    I think the Gong vs BBJX fiasco was what really "caused" the feud, if you want to get down to it. But the seeds of the feud and dislike between the two were definitely started much earlier--Yang Mi being one of the factors.

I definitely don't think Yuzheng is blameless, and I actually get very mad at him every time he uses Yang Mi's name (or one of his other actors' names) in the media for attention--I don't know what his intention is but he always manages to drag their name through the mud. However, I give Yuzheng a bit of a "pass" because at least he did more good than harm (i.e. helping boost YM/FSF's careers and introducing them to each other along the way ^_^) and he doesn't seem to hold as huge of a "grudge"--e.g. the Ruby situation, he treated her terribly at first, but now that it's over the whole thing more or less died down. And yes, you are right: he absolutely was the one who first brought up YM's name in the feud with Karen--horrible idea, like many of his other ideas--but at least it seemed like he had good intentions (he was simply mad on YM's behalf and wanted to speak up for her a bit; of course he just ended up making the situation 10x worse).

I can't believe I'm semi-defending YZ. I hate that guy. But he is the lesser of two evils, IMO.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-29-11 at 01:36 AM.

I definitely don't think Yuzheng is blameless, and I actually get very mad at him every time he uses Yang Mi's name (or one of his other actors' names) in the media for attention--I don't know what his intention is but he always manages to drag their name through the mud. However, I give Yuzheng a bit of a "pass" because at least he did more good than harm (i.e. helping boost YM/FSF's careers and introducing them to each other along the way ^_^) and he doesn't seem to hold as huge of a "grudge"--e.g. the Ruby situation, he treated her terribly at first, but now that it's over the whole thing more or less died down. And yes, he was the one who first brought up YM's name in the feud with Karen--horrible idea, like many of his other ideas--but at least it seemed like he had good intentions (he was simply mad on YM's behalf and wanted to speak up for her a bit; of course he just ended up making the situation 10x worse).

I can't believe I'm semi-defending YZ. I hate that guy. But he is the lesser of two evils, IMO.
    I dunno if he was doing it because he was actually mad on behalf of YM or was just doing it for attention and trying to "win" the feud (given his track record). He chose to talk about the situation WAY after it happened. Frankly, I think he probably even overblew that situation out of proportion in the first place. Karen may have been talking crap about YM behind doors, but I haven't actually heard her slam YM until Yuzheng brought things up.

For me, I just don't have much faith in YZ's character (even less than Karen's). Even if his production helped YM gain fame, that's all in retrospect. It doesn't excuse for his lack of character.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-29-11 at 01:44 AM.

I dunno if he was doing it because he was actually mad on behalf of YM or was just doing it for attention and trying to "win" the feud (given his track record). He chose to talk about the situation WAY after it happened (and he probably over blew it 100X).
    For sure. We'll never know what his intentions are, I definitely agree a major part of it was for media attention and there is bound to be exaggeration on both sides. But we seem to be in agreement about YZ in general being one of the "bad" characters in the Chinese media industry too; doesn't really matter what his "true" reasons for his actions are.

Edit: I really hate to compare YZ vs Karen...but while they are equally distateful characters, I find that the difference is Karen is more underhanded/shady. i.e. Yuzheng will actually publicly bash people (Karen, his actors/actresses, etc) in the media; meanwhile Karen is far more sneaky about it and always appears to talk semi-respectfully/professionally, but manages to include rather negative attacks without being obvious about it (i.e. you might not even realize she is bashing someone). I'm definitely not saying one is "better" (lol yeah right) or "worse" than the other--just that this is a difference I've noticed between them.

God, I can't believe we are having a debate over who is "better", Karen or Yuzheng. Can we just all agree that they are both awful people?

I should go find some more FengMi cuteness to brighten this thread up again!
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-29-11 at 02:03 AM.

Ok ok as promised, more happy news! =D Mei-Ah, YM's management company, just released these!

Mei-Ah's FengMi fangirl moment:

They posted this pic and added the accompanying anecdote:

Backstage being interviewed with FSF.
    Reporter asked YM: "What is your opinion of FSF today?"
    YM said: "Very handsome!"
    Reporter asked: "So did he compliment you today that you were beautiful?"
    YM said: "He completely ignored me/didn't bother with me!"
    Beside her, FSF said: "Who ignored you? Who ignored you????"
    Really these are two living treasures...

Awww...I think this is the same moment as the previously mentioned one where YM pretends to stomp away angrily and FSF pulls her back in. OMG I am dying to see video of this! (Btw, according to fans on baidu, they speculated that at first Mei-Ah was against YM/FSF's relationship being too public--probably since they wanted to keep YM's male fans using her "hot young single" status LOL. I didn't pay attention to FengMi back then so I don't know what basis they have for this. However, ever since I've been paying attention Mei-Ah seems to also be a huge FengMi shipper so they must've come around--probably couldn't resist their cuteness like the rest of us! ^_^

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkm4ybqrsmj.jpg')

More pics of YM at Hua Biao:

Another pic, this time posed, with HXM: (dude is it just me or is HXM looking really sleazy lately?! >_<)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkm5rdiisjj.jpg')

With Eva Huang:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkm62ydjm5j.jpg')

With...random directors/producers?? (Or not so random!!! Apparently one guy is John Woo?!)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkm6fnhpk4j.jpg')

With...some other random director?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkm5wotizuj.jpg')

Apparently being introduced to directors Chen Kaige and Feng Xiaogang?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkm5u74rptj.jpg')

With...um, more random people...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/652a1ee9gw1dkm4qgioonj.jpg')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-29-11 at 03:23 AM.

More more! The awesomeness from this event never stops!

FSF, YM, and Shawn Yue: (Hilarious shot that someone managed to snap)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/3f3c5a9cjw1dkm90uljxnj.jpg')

Hmm, wonder what FSF is talking to Shawn about...perhaps converting him into a FengMi shipper as well? LOL. I wonder, now that Shawn has met FSF, does this mean we won't be getting anymore of Shawn taking sneaky pics of YM on set (and teasing her with them on weibo), or joking with her about threesomes/foursomes? (After all, that seems to be the trend with all her other male costars who know FSF...they start to get super careful about maintaining a formal respectful distance with her! XD)

Haha just kidding, I'm sure they're just having a friendly chat. But just purely for fun, cuz I can't help myself...let's play the caption game! XD

FSF: You don't try anything funny with her on set! I've seen those pics you always take sneakily!
    YM: ...uhhhh...
    Shawn: Hey it's all in good fun, man!
    Edit: OMG! Even FSF's agent is teasing him! She replied under the picture: "I think he's saying, 'You little rascal!' "

Another person commented under it: "I bet he's saying: 'Don't even think about stealing my wife!' " Poor FSF, he really needs to be more careful of what he does...people just keep taking pics of him at the most inopportune moments, making it easy for people to misunderstand his intentions!

Sorry I'm just having too much fun with this--the comments are hilarious, here's another one:

FSF: Little rascal, Yang Mi is my woman! (Reference to 8th prince's line in Gong)
    YM: ...Wha-- (Qingchuan's response in Gong)
    Shawn: I know I know--China, Hong Kong, Taiwan...all of Asia knows!!

Shawn + YM backstage interview: Link here. (First 2 min is Shawn/YM, then they interview other stars like Eva Huang, LYF, Angelababy, Zhang Ziyi, and more...haven't finished watching it so not sure who else appears.)

It's really cute too, YM + Shawn seem pretty friendly and joke around a lot too. YM says "I almost messed up on stage..." then Shawn cuts in "You mean you did mess up on stage!" Then when asked about their opinions of each other they praise one another, YM saying he's a great actor and Shawn saying she's "very pretty, and also young, and also very hard-working...she's very busy, you know". (But yes, totally friendly vibe between them, in case any of you were wondering. No worries here FSF!)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-29-11 at 04:00 AM.

Yes, hxm looks quite sleazy these days...i think the hint of a dirty mustache doesn't help.

Looks like ym made the most of her day there. It's great that she caught up with directors instead of focusing solely on her boy toy...oh i cannot wait to see more. And john woo! So it seems like he will be directing that butterfly movie afterall. Who will be her male costar in that movie?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    Looks like ym made the most of her day there. It's great that she caught up with directors instead of focusing solely on her boy toy...oh i cannot wait to see more. And john woo! So it seems like he will be directing that butterfly movie afterall. Who will be her male costar in that movie?
    Lol..."boytoy"...I don't think FSF will be happy with that. (Or maybe he will...considering how gleeful he seemed to be when he said that YM calls him her "wife". LMAO.) Anyways that's another thing I love about FengMi--they somehow manage to balance their insane work schedules but not let it affect their relationship! They still do their separate things in terms of filming projects (with a collaboration here and there when it makes sense).

John Woo is supposed to be producing (not directing I don't think) the "Princess Turandot" movie, actually. It's still early on (won't start filming till second half of next year) so there probably won't be casting news for awhile yet. But I am getting so excited thinking of the possibilities, heheh...

I will be happy if she can star opposite to takeshi!

More more! The awesomeness from this event never stops!

FSF, YM, and Shawn Yue: (Hilarious shot that someone managed to snap)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/3f3c5a9cjw1dkm90uljxnj.jpg')

Sorry I'm just having too much fun with this--the comments are hilarious, here's another one:

FSF: Little rascal, Yang Mi is my woman! (Reference to 8th prince's line in Gong)
    YM: ...Wha-- (Qingchuan's response in Gong)
    Shawn: I know I know--China, Hong Kong, Taiwan...all of Asia knows!!
    LOL this post is so funny.. when i first saw the pic above. i was like "omg". FSF looks very serious pointing at Shawn. and it looks like FSF telling shawn to leave YM alone and YM is his woman and belong to him etc etc lol.. then found out someone already comments somethings similars. lmao. its so funny..;p
    look at YM. her expression looks like ."hey FSF what are you talking about?" and Shawn with his right hand pose , thats what most people do when they doing explaination. lol..
    Last edited by kinchowong; 08-29-11 at 09:24 AM.

Karen may have been talking crap about YM behind doors, but I haven't actually heard her slam YM until Yuzheng brought things up.
    Karen actually publicly dissed YM on her own (Karen's) blog when the post-CP3 fiasco first started. I remember going to her blog to check out the big whoo haa during that time because there were so much news and activity going on about it on YM's baidu forum. Apparently, Karen first started to show public unhappiness with YM by excluding/banning her from attending all CP3 promotional events which took place during the feud. She even went as far as removing YM's character pic from the CP3 Taiwanese posters, which of course made many YM fans snap, since afterall, YM is credited as the lead actress in CP3. Many of her fans took to bashing Karen on her blog and demanding an explanation for YM's absence from CP3 events etc. And to cover her own a$$ (because frankly, there were ALOT of YM fans crashing her blog), Karen reiterated by blaming everything on YM's management company, saying that they were the ones who refused to let YM participate in the events & refused to let TR use her picture for the posters. Of course, even a 5-yr old can see what a stupid lie that is, which company in the right mind would want to refuse public exposure to promote their own artist?? And come on, CP3 is a TR production, so only a fool would believe Karen's claims that TR doesn't even have any control over simple little things like posters?!?

Anyway, that's not all. Karen being the rash, childish & petty person she is (not much better than Yu Zheng anyway), got more and more angry when more and more YM fans started to bash her and refute her lies on her blog such that she unwittingly reveals her own lies by changing tune and saying that TR has decided not to have further relations with YM because of her character. Anyway, she goes into this long dramatic story detailing how YM is not a trustworthy person because she turned down TR's offer to reunite the CP3 cast for some game endorsement, choosing instead to endorse a competing game etc. etc. It was quite interesting to follow the drama on her blog at that time because I really got a glimpse into what kind of person Karen is. Every other minute, 20 YM fans will start bashing her on her blog and Karen will keep posting a reply (which grows angrier & lengthier each time) to defend herself which of course, thrilled the fans because they were essentially, egging her on to expose her own lies. A pity the entire blog post was soon deleted (probably after Karen & co. realised how foolish & embarrassing the whole thing turned out to be) - imagine, fighting with & wasting your time arguing with fans? Really shows how professional & matured a person Karen is. Thank goodness YM was smart and professional enough to just ignore all the drama and keep her mouth shut tight because she too, got a lot of bashing & nasty comments abt the issue on her blog.

On a side note, although I'm not a FengMi shipper, I can't deny that they share a very close relationship in real life. The way YM walks the red carpet with FSF is really different from the way she does it with Shawn Yue. She looks naturally comfortable & intimate holding FSF's hand and liking arms with him whereas she & Shawn appear somewhat more stiff and reserved (they don't even hold hands whereas eventhough they appeared awkward together, FSF & LYF still held hands).
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 08-29-11 at 10:08 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

i was bored and went to youku watch some video and come up with this fengmi walk on the red carpet. it was rec by the audience there..
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk5MjI0NTI0.html
    skip to around 7.20 thats when fengmi is there till 8.10
    this video is part 3 and part 2 also has fsf/lyf and ym/shawn. but i can't remember the time when they appear.

and this one where they stand infront of the signature board for taking pictures
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjk5NTE2MDMy.html

i am not sure if anyone of you have seen this video upload by sina or not.

Last edited by kinchowong; 08-29-11 at 02:27 PM.

This is going to sound a bit strange, but I like YM and FSF as an on-screen couple (both inside & outside of filming), which is why I actually hope they're not dating IRL. haha Makes for more sexual tension that way, if you know what I mean! I've noticed this pattern that once an on-screen pairing starts dating IRL, they suddenly lose that initial spark/chemistry they once had on television (because they're already sleeping together). But maybe it's just me!

And YM's arms finally look like arms instead of bread sticks now. Woohoo!

BTW, thanks for keeping this thread so lively, mango_cake! Your posts are very entertaining to read.

No news today (but then again we got so much stuff yesterday so a day off is ok by me!). I think there should be some new stuff released tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    This is going to sound a bit strange, but I like YM and FSF as an on-screen couple (both inside & outside of filming), which is why I actually hope they're not dating IRL. haha Makes for more sexual tension that way, if you know what I mean! I've noticed this pattern that once an on-screen pairing starts dating IRL, they suddenly lose that initial spark/chemistry they once had on television (because they're already sleeping together). But maybe it's just me!

And YM's arms finally look like arms instead of bread sticks now. Woohoo!

BTW, thanks for keeping this thread so lively, mango_cake! Your posts are very entertaining to read.
    Hehe, glad to hear!

It's funny, I always wondered if that "urban legend" about "real-life dating ruins onscreen chemistry" is true or not! It's definitely a very popular notion but I can't actually think of any actual examples right now...just curious which ones did you have in mind? Although, IMO I can definitely see it being true if the two actors only have lust/physical attraction for each other--so after they "get together" the chemistry disappears because there is no more mystery/longing/sexual tension between them anymore. But I think if it's the genuine caring/love type, it will only make the onscreen chemistry better because you can see how they truly care about each other!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Karen actually publicly dissed YM on her own (Karen's) blog when the post-CP3 fiasco first started. I remember going to her blog to check out the big whoo haa during that time because there were so much news and activity going on about it on YM's baidu forum...
    Thanks for the info sunnysnow--I didn't really pay attention to much of the news back then so I didn't know about all this. I guess Karen learned her lesson from that incident because I did read Karen's response to Yuzheng last year, and I thought she was very sneaky about it. i.e. she keeps a very professional tone throughout that makes it sound like she's totally reasonable and is only telling things as it is. However, she makes plenty of implications and subtle jabs at YM's character, so by the time you finish reading the huge long thing you are left with the impression that YM is a liar and backstabber--but Karen is smart to not directly say that. She only writes things like, "I didn't think Yang Mi would say things like that, but so-and-so said this about YM; and then I thought it was actually so-and-so's fault because I personally still had a good impression of Yang Mi back then, but after communicating with that person it wasn't the truth at all." And then goes on to say that her previously-awesome opinion of YM got worse and worse after each little thing that happened...Basically, leaving the conclusion that it was all YM's fault without outwardly saying it (talk about underhanded! Everything bad about YM was "someone else told me blah blah blah" so she won't even end up responsible for it herself--she can just say that other people told her wrong info). I have to admit that the article was written quite ingeniously, making it look like Karen was taking the higher road and not doing any direct insulting herself (not sure if she actually wrote if herself or if she got help in editing it, since it sounds like quite a difference to her previous methods). She even, at one point, subtly implies that YM is using her friendship with LSS to get LSS on her side by telling her false information about the whole situation. The worst part was at the end when she says: "Based on Yang Mi's straightforward character, if it was her management company's fault she would've directly confronted them already." Again, implying that since she didn't, YM is the one at fault. So now if YM keeps quiet it means she's "silently admitting it", if she speaks out (like Karen was clearly trying to egg her into doing) then they'll have more material to work with in continuing the debate, plus it would likely cause a rift between YM/her company (making life even more difficult for YM). And honestly how does what Karen said even make sense?! Is any actor/actress dumb enough to publicly (or even privately) confront their own management company?! (No matter how outspoken their personality is.) Plus YM left that company soon after anyways once her contract was up--without making a huge commotion about it.

I almost got angrier reading that kind of thing than all the outright bashing that YM got from people online, because a lot of people are likely to believe something that "sounds" reasonable.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-29-11 at 10:27 PM.

sunnysnow, thanks for going in depth on what really transpired between yang mi and karen. karen is the ultimate biatch in this game. what a scandalous woman to have such a public affair with a married man and being petty enough to try to destroy a hardworking actress's career. ym isn't even a diva and this biatch does what she can to manipulate the situation time and time again to make sure that ym has no future. and it's so sad that ym made such close friends with the people at tangren and the only person who stood up for her is hu ge. this is exactly why i'm still a ge mi shipper. at that time, the only person who dared to go against karen's desire was hu ge. but i guess because he had more star power than any other people at tang ren, he could get away with it. sigh, even though his star power has increased, he seems more reserved about having any public relationships with with ym just because of a petty, selfish, immature, stupid, lying biatch.

poor ym. however, i'm still confused about a couple of matters. do we know if ym was really the one who leaked the affair between karen and lgl or is this speculation (or manipulation) on karen's part? and secondly, did she ever sign a contract to partake in the zhu xian endorsement wtih tang ren or was this expected for her to, but her management company decided to go ahead and signed her to endorse an opposing game? i really don't know since no one has shared that here.

anyhow sunnysnow, thanks for writing a long post to defend this actress.

@ Mango

I'm sure Karen has dips her comments in caramel (just like Yuzheng always puts sriracha in his) and I'm sure she is as sneaky as can be. Let's not mistaken Karen from some innocent puppy. You can't survive as a businesswoman in the entertainment industry otherwise. That being said, I don't think she was trying to be subtle in her post about YM at all (it was pretty blatent). Of course, as YM's fans, we'd all like to believe she is the angelic one.

However, I think we still need to see things in perspective and perhaps take a step back and look at the situtation from a non-YM fan point of view. Of course Karen would put the blame on YM & YM's management company (do you expect her to blame herself?). Still, I think Karen has been in the industry long enough that YM probably isn't the first to brush Karen off for better projects. Likewise, I don't think Karen is stupid enough to throw a fit every time actors/actresses (non-Tangren) doesn't follow her plan. Given how close YM and Tangren was previously, either YM or her agency must have done something to piss Karen off (more than just a simple rejection of Zhu Xian ad since Wallace Huo didn't participate and he didn't piss Karen off). Hence, I am also inclined to believe that Karen wasn't just making that stuff up in her blog post (just a lot of caramelizing for herself). From my personal view, I do think YM's agency at the time was the main culprit to cause rift and misundestanding. And then of course, everything just escalated from there.

In any case, that's all water under the bridge. It really doesn't matter much now

@Pat

Is the rumor that YM leaked an affair between Karen & LGL?
    All I've read about was that Yuzheng's rumored weibo account accused Karen of being Tangren's manager only because she was having an affair with LGL.
    According to her blog post, Karen did admit to having a love affair with LGL previously, but BEFORE he got married and they are simply business partners now.
    What really happened? I don't even know what LGL's martial status is. But who cares? Karen isn't running for president. That's their personal life. Which is why I think whoever brought the topic up on weibo is pretty unprofessional and has some character issues.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-30-11 at 04:22 AM.

actually, from what i understand, one of ym's strength is that she commits to her promises. she's not one to brush off a committed project just because a better project comes along. but this could be her new rule...perhaps the younger and more rash her did things differently. i don't see ym as perfect or fully innocent artist, but i really feel for her. and perhaps it's easy for me to point fingers at karen because she's the most obvious culprit behind ym's demise. however, i know there are others out there, it's just that i don't know who they are. who are these other people who made hell for ym?

i guess i'm still a fan despite her demise and horrible drama selection (during her blacklisted period) because among her generation, i'm not wowed by any one else. lyf still can't act (from what i read by unbiased people). lss is still trying to act (i see her as more of a cute stuntswoman). and really only tang yan can act (and i definitely like her enough)...but none possess the charisma and screen presence that i see in ym. so it's sad when i finally find an actress that i feel has the talent, drive, and looks not do well in the business because of petty people. i do agree that ym needs to be better with her words and bite her tongue as not everyone shares her humor and not everyone likes to be made fun of regardless of how close you are to that person. i'm glad she's learned to be more tactful even if it's the hard way...but i still can't forgive the people who made this journey extraordinarily difficult for her.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    actually, from what i understand, one of ym's strength is that she commits to her promises. she's not one to brush off a committed project just because a better project comes along. but this could be her new rule...perhaps the younger and more rash her did things differently. i don't see ym as perfect or fully innocent artist, but i really feel for her. and perhaps it's easy for me to point fingers at karen because she's the most obvious culprit behind ym's demise. however, i know there are others out there, it's just that i don't know who they are. who are these other people who made hell for ym?
    Which is why in my previous post (and mango's previous post), we pointed out that Karen doesn't actually have the power to influence YM's career (no power to actually rob YM of acting roles)---which is why I'm confused at all this finger point at Karen and actually came out to "defend" her. No doubt she probably talks crap about YM, but for her to actually call up production companies to to tell them not to use YM? I don't believe that BS. If she had the time and influence to go around plotting to ruin YM, she's better of planning to promote Hu Ge & Yuan Hong. Given her lack of ability to increase Hu Ge & Yuan Hong's fame and get them better roles post-CP3, I doubt she has the ability to make life difficult for YM.

In terms of fan service, because of her rising popularity and young age, YM was bound to get haters anyways. People who diss YM after Karen's post probably didn't like YM to begin with and was just looking for an excuse. Whereas if you were a fan of YM, you would have defended her regardless.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-30-11 at 04:39 AM.

in the entertainment industry, it's easier to destroy a rising star's career than to shoot a star to stardom. rumors will be enough to destroy it (ym's case), but you have to have really strong backing (be it in the form of a big shot, which isn't karen, or a really good movie or series) to create a megastar. tang ren hasn't really produced a strong enough series to produce a megastar...

i think hu ge is ultra talented...i think this year may be his big break. i hope it is, but if it is, it may not be TR's doing. it'll be jackie chan's doing!
    Last edited by patricia n; 08-30-11 at 04:44 AM.