Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Major Yang Mi movies roundup as requested...

Quote Originally Posted by swtaznlaydee View Post
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/3871.htm
    ^Yang Mi's baidu has a lot of movies listed as coming up. Can someone confirmed which ones are real and which are fake?
    Movies listed on her baidu baike (sort of like the Chinese wikipedia) page, starting from 2011:

2011:
    Mysterious Island - true, already released (her only movie out so far not counting the ones pre-2007)
    Empires of the Deep - true, finished filming, but there is some fishy business (pun intended? XD) going on with this flick so who knows when or if it'll be released
    Dong Cheng Xi Jiu 2011 - true, finished filming, to be released late this year; but YM only has a one-scene cameo

2012:
    Gong - hopefully false (all my fingers and toes still crossed for the negative, have not heard news about it in a long time so PLEASE BE FALSE, Ming Dao and Yu Zheng should both stay away from Yang Mi! lol)
    Da Wudang - true, currently filming
    Ting Feng Zhe - false (previously confirmed but switched out on her at the last minute)

Release date to be announced:
    Mei Li Mi Ling 2 - honestly don't know, I've read about this before but didn't hear any more info on it; if she's in it, probably a bit role if true...this is the only project I do not know much details about
    Xin Tian Sheng Yi Dui - true, finished filming (costar Vic Chou)
    Chun Jiao and Zhi Ming (Love in the Buff) - true, finished filming (costar Shawn Yue)
    Hua Pi 2 - true, finished filming (CANNOT WAIT for this one! XD)
    Butterfly Cemetery - officially announced, but as it is a Mei Ah production slated for filming late next year, who knows whether it will go through anymore after the TFZ fiasco
    Princess Turandot - same status as "Butterfly Cemetery"
    Ba Xing Bao Xi - true, finished filming as of a few days ago (I previously posted pics)
    Disappearing Bullets - awaiting official confirmation (*please be true please be true all my fingers and toes crossed for the affirmative*)

IN SUMMARY: (all the projects with status of "true" or "likely true")

Released:
    Mysterious Island - horror - female lead (??? well she was promoted as the female lead but I think that was due to her popularity, in terms of screentime it's probably not much more than the others since this is a "group" horror flick)

Finished filming, awaiting release:
    Empires of the Deep - fantasy/sci-fi - small supporting role
    Dong Cheng Xi Jiu - unsure of genre - one-scene cameo
    Xin Tian Sheng Yi Dui - romance? - 2nd female
    Chun Jiao and Zhi Ming - romance - 2nd female
    Hua Pi 2 - fantasy/sci-fi - 3rd female
    Ba Xing Bao Xi - comedy - unsure of role significance, think it's a supporting role?

Currently filming:
    Da Wudang - kungfu - female lead

Possibly Upcoming:
    Disappeaing Bullets - mystery thriller - female lead (awaiting confirmation)
    Butterfly Cemetery - suspense thriller - female lead (questionable status)
    Princess Turandot - historical epic/fairytale - female lead (questionable status)

*Note: I have been hearing small news about other projects in the works as well (which we don't even know the names of yet, so still in the very preliminary stage and there is still very limited information on these so far). We still don't know what she has lined up after "Disappearing Bullets" which should bring her to near the end of 2011.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 10-12-11 at 02:54 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7f3444eegw1dm1dotngk1j.jpg')

High quality still from Gong 2 filming: (previously we only got low-quality pics of YM/FSF filming)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/844db712gw1dm1n1gggzqj.jpg')

But here's what got me really excited this morning...

Someone posted this pic of HFCQ post-production work on his weibo! (With the comment that this drama is much too tragic, FengMi fans are going to go crazy again, lol...)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/4e5c0f50jw1dm1p2tyynzj.jpg')

In reply to people asking, he stated that it definitely will not be broadcast until next year because it's not close to being done yet (they still have to add all the background music etc; I don't know if they've done the editing/voice dubbing yet either).

If China ever did Gossip Girls, she would be the perfect Blair.
    Sorry, but nonononononono!!!!!!!
    I do like Yang Mi and think that's she's a great actress, but I don't think she could pull off Blair Waldorf at all! Blair's personality is just...it's hard to describe, but it's just not something I think Yang Mi could pull off at all.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I do like Yang Mi and think that's she's a great actress, but I don't think she could pull off Blair Waldorf at all! Blair's personality is just...it's hard to describe, but it's just not something I think Yang Mi could pull off at all.
    I've never seen Gossip Girls actually, though of course I know about it, so could you tell me a little about Blair? And what Chinese actress, if any, do you think could pull off the character?
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

Really? I don't think it should difficult for Yang Mi to pull off. She's played evil or complex anti-heroes before. The only reason I don't want Yang Mi to portray Blair is that she's better off in a more challenging role rather than participating in an idol drama.

I'd say Blair is a snobby girl who chases perfection and can sometimes be a huge b*tch. She's ambitious, dramatic (but not in a screaming-in-your-face way), and has a mind of her own.

I don't think it's the evil part she can't do, but the snobby upper-class Upper East Side royalty part.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/70daa44dgw1dm27g6sa6cj.jpg')
    So, it's the spoiled brat part? Didn't she play a spoiled brat in Chinese Paladin 3?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/4e5c0f50jw1dm1p2tyynzj.jpg')
    Wonder if this means the drama is finally airing soon?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/844db712gw1dm2aa35ybsj.jpg')

So, it's the spoiled brat part? Didn't she play a spoiled brat in Chinese Paladin 3?
    Xue Jian seemed like such an annoying and common bratty girl. If YM ever plays Blair and makes her seem that common I think I might fly to China and murder her in her sleep.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Xue Jian seemed like such an annoying and common bratty girl. If YM ever plays Blair and makes her seem that common I think I might fly to China and murder her in her sleep.
    Haha, I feel you. Xue Jian is one of the characters I don't like for YM and I think most of the problem was really in the script and how she was written. I feel like if a less accomplished actress had played her, it would've been an utter disaster. I think that if YM is given a complex character, she can really act it out with incredible subtleties and nuance. So I wouldn't worry too much. Plus she's improved even more since that time.
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

oh well, I never cared for "Gossip Girl". CW isn't very well known for very good shows.

I'd like to see Yang Mi move on to more complex, morally ambiguous characters. She could play the role of a serial killer; the type that is a little psychotic and overly freaky. I'd also like to see her play an anti-hero like "The Bride" in Kill Bill where she's actively kills and seeks revenge against those who've wronged her.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/79aa5d35jw1dm2b79ekqyj.jpg')

http://baike.baidu.com/view/951093.htm
    Not sure if confirmed or not, but I like this cast. This is for "Song of the Clouds". Yang Mi, Wallace Chung, Qiao Zhen Yu, Hu Ge, Chen Zi Han, Tong Li Ya, Liu Shi Shi & Yan Kuan.

Not sure if confirmed or not, but I like this cast. This is for "Song of the Clouds". Yang Mi, Wallace Chung, Qiao Zhen Yu, Hu Ge, Chen Zi Han, Tong Li Ya, Liu Shi Shi & Yan Kuan.
    i doubt it's true...ym with hu ge, wallace chung, qiao zhen yu, yuan kuan and chen zi han (her sister from ROCH???) in the same drama...sounds too good to be true.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Hmm, I think YM could pull off Blair. It would be a mix of Xuejian (the mean/spoiled parts), Bai Xue (the high-class/elegant and scheming/revengeful parts), and Ling Long (the downright evil parts). Throw in the vulnerability she has no problem exuding (like in her most recent role Anqi) and you pretty much have the more complicated side of Blair Waldorf. Of course, it's a question mark if she can put it all together into one character, but from the wide variety of roles she's already portrayed I don't think it's that much of a stretch...Actually, I think her very first TV role, in "Hong Fen Shi Jia", she played a role very similar to Blair--she was the younger sister of Sun Li's character (the protagonist); she was spoiled, ambitious (would stop at nothing to achieve her goal), treated a nice guy who liked her like dirt; only to in the end meet with a lot of problems (so sounds like she'd have the vulnerability/insecurity down pat). I never watched that series though so I don't know how well she pulled it off. Still, I think it says something that the director picked her for such a complex, antagonist-type role despite the fact that she had pretty much no prior acting experience before that drama.

But like swtaznlaydee, I don't want her in more idol dramas. Maybe a character like Blair, but in a more serious movie?

Lol. That is almost a dream cast. i.e., NOT HAPPENING....haha. No but really, I would love that cast--unfortunately I have heard nothing about it so I'm pretty sure it's just wishful thinking by fans!

Kunming TV station will begin airing "Hong Wu Da An" soon...I thought this series already aired earlier this year so maybe this is the second round?? (Or maybe I'm mistaken.) This series is set in the Ming dynasty and tells the story of how the first Ming emperor cracks down on corrupt officials in his court. Funny that YM just has a supporting role but the poster makes her seem like one of the main leads, lol. (She's also the only female on this cover.) YM plays a "xiao jie" type role from a rich family, who "seduces" and corrupts the good, upstanding official played by Bao Jianfeng.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6d2fb012jw1dm27o46b72j.jpg')

This poster is probably a fairer representation of her screentime:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6d2fb012jw1dm2b4y0e54j.jpg')

I do really like her costuming in this series:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6d2fb012jw1dm2cvcjl6lj.jpg')

i saw the trailer for this earlier this year but don't remember it airing.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i saw the trailer for this earlier this year but don't remember it airing.
    Oh, ok, I probably confused it with one of her other series then! I guess it's pretty lucky being a Yang Mi fan--she is such a workaholic we'll never run out of series to watch her in (at least in the near future)! A lot of times I totally forget about one of her projects but then suddenly hear news about it coming out! I haven't even had time to catch up on the tons of older series she was in, meanwhile she has several new ones coming out already! (After Mingyun we'll have HWDA, MRTX, then probably BJAQGS, and hopefully DQZD/HFCQ next year?? *fingers crossed* Most of these ones seem to be better quality than her recent bad ones too--maybe that's why it's taking forever for these to air...)