Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/88bb9171jw1dmr5kp9o5hj.jpg')

oh...promo pictures for wudang. i wish her hairstyle was different. i don't like the super long bangs in these pix...it makes her hair look so oily.

i love the length of her bangs for the valentine's pix...those make her look more fresh. anyhow, i'm definitely looking forward to more wu dang pix. thanks ladies.

oh, and is vincent just wearing his usual everyday where to the promo? or is that his actual costume (which looks way too modern)? wow, never realize how short vincent is...ym's only 5'4", so that makes him 5'6"? totally looking forward to this either way. vincent has great martial arts background and looks great when he fights.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

*dead* *dead* *dead* *SQUEE*

Yes I think "Xiao Shi De Zi Dan" aka "Disappearing Bullets" aka the "Yang Mi/Nic Tse/Sean Lau movie" aka the "other FengMi pairing" aka one of my most anticipated YM movies...is I think made official!!! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.tieba.baidu.com/tb/editor/images/jd/j_0003.gif') News article here: http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2011-11-03/21193468897.shtml (The director says, "I won't say anything else, just want to say one thing: I'm afraid many fans won't be able to get any sleep because yes, Yang Mi and Nic Tse will have a romance." He also says he himself is quite curious to see what chemistry will be generated between *this* FengMi couple! )

He also says Yang Mi's character is very significant and interesting (so no flower vase character here I hope!). I've been bursting with impatience lately for news so I am so thrilled. Recently there was a list of actors filming in Shanghai and Yang Mi was not listed in the XSDZD cast list (while Sean/Nic were) so I was getting nervous for awhile there but I think it's just because she's still in Mount Wudang and has not joined filming yet.

Will be back later to post more stuff but now I really gotta run...just *had* to pop in and gush a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by swtaznlaydee View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/73137fbbtw1dmqt3baa8uj.jpg')
    OMG!!! Toooooo cute. These two give me the warm fuzzies even in cloth-doll form! Where can I buy myself one of these?? (No seriously, I have never been one to be into suffed animals or dolls, but FengMi is out to make me break all of my "rules" apparently...I'd totally pay good money for one of these!) In fact it is kinda inspiring me to go off on another huge fangirl FengMi squee session...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    oh...promo pictures for wudang. i wish her hairstyle was different. i don't like the super long bangs in these pix...it makes her hair look so oily.

i love the length of her bangs for the valentine's pix...those make her look more fresh. anyhow, i'm definitely looking forward to more wu dang pix. thanks ladies.

oh, and is vincent just wearing his usual everyday where to the promo? or is that his actual costume (which looks way too modern)? wow, never realize how short vincent is...ym's only 5'4", so that makes him 5'6"? totally looking forward to this either way. vincent has great martial arts background and looks great when he fights.
    Yes I agree, both FSF/YM looked best around the time of their photoshoot! Too bad they both went for more "mature" looks after that, but I kinda get it, they're moving into movies after all so can't maintain their "fresh/youthful/bubbly" image that's more suited for TV.

Vincent *is* actually wearing his costume, I believe he plays someone who returns to China from the West which is why he looks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Yes I think "Xiao Shi De Zi Dan" aka "Disappearing Bullets" aka the "Yang Mi/Nic Tse/Sean Lau movie" aka the "other FengMi pairing" aka one of my most anticipated YM movies...is I think made official!!! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.tieba.baidu.com/tb/editor/images/jd/j_0003.gif')
    Omg. i was stun for a few seconds after reading this. thx for the update i can't wait for this movie. feel so happy for ym because finally she get to work together with one of hers idol and Yang Mi and Nic Tse will have a romance ^o^

just finish watching the tian xia 3 interview.. the reporters are so rude at the beginning.. i have never heard the reporters saying this kind of stuff from other countries. i was shocked.
    Last edited by kinchowong; 11-03-11 at 10:12 PM.

alright!!! finally some ym updates. if you girls are this excited about this new fengmi pairing, imagine how much more so ym is. it's her idol!!! and she may get to kiss him too. hopefully she doesn't faint with the first take. or maybe she'll be the one to suggest adding in the kissing scenes. looking forward to learning more about her role in this movie. and sean lau...=) gotta love this guy, he can definitely act.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Got this of tvbnewsworld.blogspot.com

Yang Mi signs with Emperor for seven figures

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SBNdMx2YN_4/TrM1j969ShI/AAAAAAAAmQE/PjEmJOxNh2o/s1600/news8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XV38ZIxWFD4/TrM1py2blgI/AAAAAAAAmQQ/V073RUdqojM/s1600/news9.jpg')

The film SIU SUT DIK JI DAN (VANISHING BULLET) will begin production in the middle of the month in Shanghai, with Best Actors Lau Ching Wan and Nicholas Tse Ting Fung and popular Mainland star Yang Mi. Derek Yee Tung Sing will produce and Law Chi Leung will direct with a budget of US$12 million. Other actors will include Yumiko Cheng Hei Yi, Wu Gang and Liu Kai Chi.

SIU SUT DIK JI DAN will be a detective mystery. Taking place in the days of the Republic, detective Lau Ching Wan will investigate a series of murders at a munition factory. The victims all fell to a vanishing bullet. Ting Fung will play a hot blooded sharpshooter cop.

Ching Wan thought that this detective character seemed familiar. In THE MAD DETECTIVE (SUN TAM) he too seemed insane. This time the story developed so mysteriously that it would be hard to imagine. Ting Fung's cop character also would not seem strange either. Conceivably the director caught his righteous side. He was excited about working with Ching Wan for the first time. Ting Fung said that Ching Wan's performance in BIG BULLET (CHUNG FUNG DUI ji NO FOR GAI TAU) and RUNNING OUT OF TIME (UM JIN) were the most memorable. He looked forward to seeing how Ching Wan would give an all new interpretation of his cop character.

Yang Mi will play a couple with Ting Fung, which felt like a dream come true for her. When she took SIU SUT DIK JI DAN she went out and bought Ting Fung and Ching Wan's recent films for research. The film company was full of confidence in this film and hoped that it would be as popular as LET THE BULLETS FLY.

Yang Mi signed a two film, seven figure deal with Emperor Motion Pictures. The other film will be the tailored made romance WU DIP GUNG MO (BUTTERFLY PUBLIC CEMETERY), which will also have a director who excels in the subject to increase her popularity in Hong Kong.

Co-star Cheng Hei Yi was very excited. "I don't know whether directors feel I look fresh in costume and early Republic look! In recent years my movies are not modern. I am very excited to be a part of SIU SUT DIK JI DAN). First I can work with elder Ting Fung and secondly every one is a 'veteran actor', Liu Kai Chi in particular. I will perform in my best condition."

Source: Singtao, on.cc
    Translated by: hktopten

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/5c362463jw1dmrkwnd7mjj.jpg')

Her skin looks pretty bad in the Wudang conference pics..
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I thought ym was getting plenty of rest while filming wu dang. Hopefully her skin will clear up. Will vincent and ym be playing a couple?

Da Wudang post

I thought ym was getting plenty of rest while filming wu dang. Hopefully her skin will clear up. Will vincent and ym be playing a couple?
    I think she was getting lots of rest while training but now that filming has started it doesn't sound like she's getting that much sleep anymore--at the Wudang press conference, in one interview she mentioned that they would wake up at 4/5am because they have to travel 1 hour to the film set, then have to climb up the mountain, do makeup etc; and after filming's done they once again have to climb back down the mountain and go back.

Anyways I always got the impression Yang Mi doesn't have genetically great skin--her skin seems pretty sensitive and breaks out easily. (Back when MRXJ was filming she always stuck a napkin or something underneath the headpiece on her forehead because I think she was allergic to the metal. Then of course she had another allergic reaction back when filming Ru Yi/HP2--and apparently the chemicals in the makeup/cosmetics/powder etc. made it worse.)

Yang Mi, whose character is named "Tian Xin" (天心) does indeed play a couple with Vincent...however it doesn't sound like a true "romance" in the strict sense of the word (since this is a kungfu flick after all). Apparently both of them have the same goal--to steal the treasure on Mount Wudang--so they start working together and fighting together, I guess that's how they come together. YM said at first she thought she would be playing a smaller role but it turned out she is pretty much fighting throughout the whole film! She does say she's been training hard for a month (on and off I guess).

Anyways Yang Mi seems to really "xian mu" (admire) Vincent being a dad...when the reporters ask him about it she adds, "He's always so happy talking about his kids, every time he mentions them you can see the happiness in his eyes!" (As always, she sounds so wistful whenever she talks about her friends/coworkers being married/having kids...lol!)

...ym's only 5'4", so that makes him 5'6"? totally looking forward to this either way. vincent has great martial arts background and looks great when he fights.
    Wait YM is taller than that isn't she? She's listed officially as 168cm which is about 5'6...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 11-04-11 at 05:44 PM.

XSDZD - "Vanishing Bullet" post
    (I saw this translation of the name somewhere--dunno if it's official but I think it sounds better than mine anyways, lol)

The cast:

Yang Mi will get to collaborate with 4 "ying di" in this movie (it translates literally to "movie king" and is a title used to refer to any actor that has won a "Best Actor" award at one of the major award events). XSDZD has: "Golden Elephant Best Actor" Sean Lau and Nic Tse, "Golden Horse Best Actor" Liu Kai-chi, "Golden Rooster Best Actor" Wu Gang. In addition, popular young singer Jing Boran will be in the movie too (but don't know how big his role is).

Both Nic and Sean expressed that they were very impressed by the script, saying it's quite a thriller and the mystery kept them guessing till the very end. (Ok I know they have to promote the movie and all...but hey it does sound promising right?)

Yang Mi is the only female cast member listed in the article; however, previously there was news that Yumiko Cheng will also have a role. She is the only member of "Qi Wei's harem" that Yang Mi hasn't collaborated with yet (well, dunno if you can count Zhang Jiani since even though both are in Gong 2, I'm not sure if YM actually has any scenes with her).

Fan-made posters:

These were made by fans--I've been saving them for weeks now, just didn't want to post them before it was official! (There were quite a few lovely "Windseeker" posters made too, pity they won't come true, but oh wells!)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/245ivj8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/j8gr2h.jpg')

Damn, they are going to make such a hot movie couple. (And I don't even think this hairstyle is that flattering for Nic!) Anyways seeing these pics of YM from JCSS reminds me, I still have to do that JCSS picspam I promised so long ago! (Oops, I kinda got distracted/sidetracked...)

Cannot wait to see them appear together at the press conferences! XD

alright!!! finally some ym updates. if you girls are this excited about this new fengmi pairing, imagine how much more so ym is. it's her idol!!! and she may get to kiss him too. hopefully she doesn't faint with the first take. or maybe she'll be the one to suggest adding in the kissing scenes. looking forward to learning more about her role in this movie. and sean lau...=) gotta love this guy, he can definitely act.
    I don't know how YM managed to keep this secret for so long! But actually, she just gleefully reposted a weibo post about this news and added, "的瑟一下,觉得要了命了$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/0b/tootha_org.gif')"

Kinda hard to translate but basically she is clearly ecstatic over it! The first part, "de se" loosely translates to she has to "gloat" for a bit--except the term isn't "gloat" in a "boastful" way, it is closer to "being very pleased/expressing one's happiness" in an excited way. And the second part literally translates to "think it's going to take my life"--I guess similar to the expression "*I'm dead*" or, "*It's killing me*" in a super excited/happy way. She first kept using this phrase back when MingYun was airing, when she was happily gushing over all the romantic FengMi scenes, LOL. (And yes, FSF did reply to her several times with the same phrase...the fans caught on to it too! )

She's such an adorable fangirl. XD Although, I think she'd probably be way too embarrassed to suggest any kiss scenes...back at the awards show she seemed too embarrassed to even hug him (at the host's suggestion)!

Anyways, for movies I guess we will just have to get used to not hearing about news until basically filming starts...some "insiders" have been hinting on other major projects that Yang Mi is signed onto after Da Wudang/XSDZD but doesn't sound like we will get any more tidbits on those for some time. >_<

i'm so happy for ym...finally some great movies for her. no more poorly scripted series for a while, huh? oh...i wonder what her next major project will be. and nic tse and sean lau are excited about the script. this is definitely a movie i will not miss...that and wu dang only because i had such a crush on vincent at one point in time. and ym gets to fight throughout that movie, so i want to see how much she improved compared to her wimpy fighting in cp3.

thanks for the updates mango cake. you always bring such good news to ym's thread (minus the winseeker let down).

is there already a nic-ym pairing fengmi craze going on in baidu?

Forgot to mention, I think it's quite funny that the "pairing names" work out so perfectly for this movie. Nic Tse + Sean Lau = "FengYun", which sounds literally like "wind and cloud" but which also means "high position/zenith", quite an impressive name for the collaboration of the two male leads. And of course, Nic Tse + YM = "FengMi" = "honey", which is a sweet name for the collaboration of the male+female lead. Even producer Derek Yee mentioned how he was looking forward to "FengYun" and "FengMi" in this movie...

I just read that apparently Yumiko Cheng said she would be playing someone who performs autopsies, and her character has a relationship with Jing Boran, so sounds like they will be the second couple. Unconfirmed so take it with a grain of salt.

is there already a nic-ym pairing fengmi craze going on in baidu?
    Well I wouldn't call it a "craze"--I mean, the news was only *just* officially announced--and I haven't seen "actual" shipping apart from that one thread I mentioned awhile back. But it does seem like, in general, people are quite excited about it and have a favourable impression of the pairing. Some people are of the mindset of, "hot guy + pretty girl = you can't go wrong right?" Others think YM's fangirling of Nic is adorable and it's nice that she gets to live her dream to finally work with her idol from her school days! Also, some people point out YM/Nic seem to have a lot of parallels--both seem to constantly be the target of the media (they just love to make up crazy rumours about these two for some reason), both are insanely hard workers, both had to persevere through all the negative press (a lot of it unfounded) and prove people/the media wrong to get their success today...etc. Not to mention how cute it is that YM's fans = "bees" (mifeng) and Nic's fans = "honey" (fengmi)--it seems like their fans are really getting along great for the most part and both groups are looking forward to this movie. Perhaps because even though YM/Nic have lots of fans, they are also the two with the most "anti-fans" who seem to go out of their way to attack/bash YM/Nic constantly on the internet and spread vicious rumours about them. (Take this with a grain of salt...but there is speculation that some of these are "hired" by Cecilia Cheung/her company against Nic, and by...well, you-know-who against Yang Mi. Honestly the whole thing does sound slightly ridiculous, but on the other hand it does seem like this kind of shady stuff could exist in the Asian entertainment industry, and some of the attacks I've seen are truly a bit overboard...but who knows. I never bothered reading the threads that go into details if this since I'd rather be reading about the positive news. ^_^) Anyways, so both fans seem to be very sensitive/wary in this regard and want to "stick together" against the anti-fans (who they feel are sure to come stir up trouble before long).

Actually in general all of YM's fans are thrilled (probably because they're happy she gets to work with her idol). Most Nic Tse fans are excited too (with some saying "well she's much better than Cecilia Cheung at any rate" LOL), though a small minority are suspicious and wonder if YM is "using" him to "chao zuo" (but I get--if they haven't been following YM until recently they wouldn't know she has been saying Nic Tse is her idol for a loooong time--way before this movie was in the works and way before Nic's divorce). But even non-fans are in agreement that this "FengMi" pairing has considerable box office pull and are a "fresh" new pairing that has promise.

Funnily enough I think I remember reading awhile ago, someone mentioning that Yang Mi should work with Raymond Lam next to complete the trio of "FengMi" pairings (what's neat is in Chinese, you can use a different "Feng" character to differentiate the 3 "FengMi"'s, but not so in English). Now personally...I'd rather not because I prefer the other two "FengMi"'s way more! I think YM would agree--so far only these two pairings have made her "要了命了" (i.e. "took her life")...one is her long-time idol and the other is...her *cough*"uncle"/"good friend"*cough*. I've never seen her nearly this excited about any of her other onscreen collabs!

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Wait YM is taller than that isn't she? She's listed officially as 168cm which is about 5'6...
    She's definitely about 1-2" taller than her pal LSS as well as Ruby Lin (from the BTS pics I see of MRXJ). I'd put Ruby and LSS at 5'4" (thereabouts).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 11-04-11 at 08:45 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Bit more on Yang Mi's character "Tian Xin" in Da Wudang: (not much so far)

- background is from "xi yu" (e.g. "western regions", usually refers to Tibet and beyond--think "Xiao Zhao" in HSDS, who had some Persian/middle-eastern background)
    - she is very skilled in kungfu (Yang Mi joked that even though all her male costars are much more skilled at martial arts than her, in the film none of them are her competition! She might've exaggerated a bit though, but for sure I think among the females--not that there are many women in this film lol--she's definitely the most skilled.)
    - as previously mentioned, she's out to steal Wudang's treasure
    - her personality is mysterious but somewhat mischievous at times (apparently she was originally written as a very "serious, solemn" character; however after they cast Yang Mi, the scriptwriter watched her as Qingchuan and thought she was very cute, so they changed the character up a bit to have a "cuter/mischievous" side too)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    She's definitely about 1-2" taller than her pal LSS as well as Ruby Lin (from the BTS pics I see of MRXJ). I'd put Ruby and LSS at 5'4" (thereabouts).
    Yup, that sounds quite reasonable to me! ^_^ 5'3 - 5'4 is what I consider average; YM is a bit taller.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 11-04-11 at 09:44 PM.

not sure how reliable this news source is, but here is more information about her "vanishing bullet" and a bit about "butterfly cemetary."

taken from this site: http://grooveasia.com/news/32899/Yan...-Seven-Figures

The film SIU SUT DIK JI DAN (VANISHING BULLET) will begin production in the middle of the month in Shanghai, with Best Actors Lau Ching Wan and Nicholas Tse Ting Fung and popular Mainland star Yang Mi. Derek Yee Tung Sing will produce and Law Chi Leung will direct with a budget of US$12 million. Other actors will include Yumiko Cheng Hei Yi, Wu Gang and Liu Kai Chi.

SIU SUT DIK JI DAN will be a detective mystery. Taking place in the days of the Republic, detective Lau Ching Wan will investigate a series of murders at a munition factory. The victims all fell to a vanishing bullet. Ting Fung will play a hot blooded sharpshooter cop.

Ching Wan thought that this detective character seemed familiar. In THE MAD DETECTIVE (SUN TAM) he too seemed insane. This time the story developed so mysteriously that it would be hard to imagine. Ting Fung's cop character also would not seem strange either. Conceivably the director caught his righteous side. He was excited about working with Ching Wan for the first time. Ting Fung said that Ching Wan's performance in BIG BULLET (CHUNG FUNG DUI ji NO FOR GAI TAU) and RUNNING OUT OF TIME (UM JIN) were the most memorable. He looked forward to seeing how Ching Wan would give an all new interpretation of his cop character.

Yang Mi will play a couple with Ting Fung, which felt like a dream come true for her. When she took SIU SUT DIK JI DAN she went out and bought Ting Fung and Ching Wan's recent films for research. The film company was full of confidence in this film and hoped that it would be as popular as LET THE BULLETS FLY.

Yang Mi signed a two film, seven figure deal with Emperor Motion Pictures. The other film will be the tailored made romance WU DIP GUNG MO (BUTTERFLY PUBLIC CEMETERY), which will also have a director who excels in the subject to increase her popularity in Hong Kong.

Co-star Cheng Hei Yi was very excited. "I don't know whether directors feel I look fresh in costume and early Republic look! In recent years my movies are not modern. I am very excited to be a part of SIU SUT
    DIK JI DAN). First I can work with elder Ting Fung and secondly every one is a 'veteran actor', Liu Kai Chi in particular. I will perform in my best condition."

more info on "disappearing bullets." actually, more on the quality of the script.
    taken from : http://www.chinesefilms.cn/1/2011/11/04/141s5583.htm

Three Male Award-winners to Team up with Actress Yang Mi in Derek Yee's New Film

'Godfather of gangster films' Derek Yee has taken steps towards the gangster genre once more in the wake of his 2011 box office hit "Overheard 2," which raked in 220 million yuan.

LeTV Picture and Emperor Motion Pictures announced yesterday that the two companies will invest Derek Yee's new film "Disappeared Bullets" (Working title) with 12 million US dollars, according to a report from Mtime.com.

Derek Yee will take the role of producer and Law Chi-leung is on board as director.

Three heavyweight award-winning actors Lau Ching Wan, Nicholas Tse and Liu Kai Chi will team up with mainland actress Yang Mi, who will play an important role in this testerone-fueled project. Producer Yee revealed Nicholas Tse and Yang Mi will fall in love with each other in the film.

Set in a Shanghai arms factory during the Republic of China period of Chinese history, the film revolves around a series of strange murders that occur in the factory. A detective, portrayed by Lau Ching Wan and an officer played by Nicholas Tse thus start their dangerous quest for the truth.

In recent years, Derek Yee has committed himself to improving the quality of Hong Kong gangster films. His credits include the "Triple Tap" franchise and the "Overheard" installments which have all set impressive box office records in recent years.

"We added elements of suspense and mystery to the action-packed production. We've been considering the script for 5 years. With our intricate action scenes and a fresh take on a battle of wits, I think this will breathe new life into gangster films." Yee said.

I am trying not to get my hopes up too high with XSDZD but it is so hard. I hope the storyline doesn't disappoint with all this hype surrounding it! I wonder when it's coming out--Hua Pi 2 and Da Wudang are both coming out next summer; if XSDZD comes out around then too I might have to make an excuse to plan a trip to China, LOL. (j/k...umm, maybe...)

(P.S. I think they got the "Butterfly Cemetery" part wrong...perhaps it's true Emperor Motion Pictures signed her to 2 movies but the romance one wouldn't be "Butterfly Cemetary" since that one is being done by Mei Ah and was announced separately in the summer--plus it's more of a thriller than romance. XD But I definitely can't wait to hear what news she has next!)

Edit: ok this is totally not related...but I just had to rant about it somewhere...I was just in the baidu movies forum and was appalled to find a thread basically saying, "What happened to Leonardo Dicaprio?? He's so bad-looking now. Back in his Titanic days his hotness was comparable to Justin Bieber." $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.tieba.baidu.com/tb/editor/images/jd/j_0012.gif') Ok maybe DiCaprio doesn't look as hot now (he's still one of my favourites though!) but....Bieber?!?!? *facepalm* I had no idea that guy was so popular in China...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 11-05-11 at 12:09 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/65a351e6gw1dmskt706rbj.jpg')

not sure how reliable this news source is, but here is more information about her "vanishing bullet" and a bit about "butterfly cemetary."
    I take back what I said about "Butterfly Cemetary", there seems to be some confusion in the forums about whether this is true--because apparently it is indeed from a legit source and EMP even indirectly verified it by posting it on their weibo (see swtaznlaydee's post). But, it doesn't make sense from what we knew before about the movie...some people speculate that perhaps Mei Ah bought the rights to the book but EMP is also investing in it, so it's technically a joint production? And although the original novel was a suspense/thriller-type, it does have some elements of romance, which perhaps will be made a bigger focus in the film (after all aren't movies notorious for doing that), which is why they called it a "romance" movie?

We'll just have to wait and see I guess!