Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/71d2a0c1gw1dmt0wg9lvaj.jpg')

I am hoping that hu ge can be her co-star in butterfly cemetery but i highly doubt it for so many obvious reasons. I wonder who her co-star will be...who else is hot and young in the movie business now? Hxm? Or will they have her pair up with an old actor instead?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    I am hoping that hu ge can be her co-star in butterfly cemetery but i highly doubt it for so many obvious reasons. I wonder who her co-star will be...who else is hot and young in the movie business now? Hxm? Or will they have her pair up with an old actor instead?
    Well you know me, I would LOOOOVE it if HG were her costar too. They are such a good-looking couple, seriously. But unfortunately, I don't think he will be casted as the lead in any major movies anytime soon. Plus, since "Butterfly Cemetery" is a HK production they will probably cast a HK male costar for YM. (Umm, I really hope it doesn't actually turn out to be Raymond Lam like some people are pushing for...lol.) I'm not too familiar with the HK entertainment scene--who are the popular young actors there right now?

It does seem like older actors/younger actresses are the norm in a lot of Asian movies though--it just seems really hard for any less-than-30 actors to land leading roles in any movies because the older actors have seniority. >_< So, sadly I'm not holding out hope for HG/YM for another year or two...but, I *did* just get Nic/Yang Mi so can't be too greedy. I think I probably would've wanted Nic/YM even more than GeMi (just because we haven't gotten Nic/YM yet while GeMi have at least had 2 collabs, even if one was super short and the other was highly unsatisfying) but I never even dared to hope for Nic/YM because I thought it was totally implausible (until I heard the actual news). So, the two FengMi's will have to keep me going I guess until Hu Ge gets his act together and starts moving up in the movie industry. (P.S. I read in the movie forums that HG apparently announced he is taking some time off work to focus on family etc. Which is great for him and all I guess but my reaction was "NOOOOOOOO!" Hu Ge, seriously, stop being lazy and start showing up on my screen more! He just got himself a role in that Jackie Chan movie, and that Diva movie, now is when he should be capitalizing on his progress and moving forward, *not* taking a break. *sigh* Meanwhile we have Yang Mi never taking a break working on multiple projects at once and FSF was also recently working on 3 movies at the same time... Not good enough HG! )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712jw1dmqy3uav7gj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    (Umm, I really hope it doesn't actually turn out to be Raymond Lam like some people are pushing for...lol.) I'm not too familiar with the HK entertainment scene--who are the popular young actors there right now?
    Please no raymond lam .NO no no... there is no more young popular actor there who is under 30 in hk now.. so if they really have to pick an actor from hk. then it has to be nic or louis koo or donnie or raymond. can't think of any one that is famous and young in hk right now.

I hope YM in the future will have a chance to work with Yuan Hong. I actually want to see this pair together too bad they only did the fake marriage thing in CP3. The Lux commercial that they did while back was cute so i hope that in the future she will have a chance to do a colab with YH

FINALLY, Hua Pi 2 is starting to come out with some official posters!!! Only one out so far--Zhou Xun's fox demon takes front and centre:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/61e7f4aatw1dmwoc534swj.jpg')

More posters of the other characters are expected to be released *very* soon, I'm so excited! There's also a *very* preliminary trailer they released but it is only a "gai nian" trailer--i.e. a "concept" trailer, there isn't actually any scenes from the movie... >_< The production team was doing a bit of promotion on weibo for HP2, giving fans a chance for an early sneak peek at the posters/trailers before they get released to the public.

A BTS filming pic from HP2, likely around the time when she had her allergic reaction--I previously posted a B&W version but the original colour photo has just been released:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/71d2a0c1gw1dmwopciw4fj.jpg')

Newly released pic of YM at the Moschino show in Milan:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/1zchizd.jpg')

Another pic of Yang Mi at the Da Wudang press conference:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/71d2a0c1gw1dmvm7zm6esj.jpg')

News update: Supposedly, the cast is almost done filming at Da Wudang--YM will be heading to HK in 2 days to do a bit more filming for "Ba Xing Bao Xi" (that comedy movie), then to Shanghai where Da Wudang will have more filming (plus I imagine this is when she'll also start in "Vanishing Bullet" since that one takes place in Shanghai as well).

Quote Originally Posted by kinchowong View Post
    there is no more young popular actor there who is under 30 in hk now.. so if they really have to pick an actor from hk. then it has to be nic or louis koo or donnie or raymond. can't think of any one that is famous and young in hk right now.
    But...Donnie and Louis are sort of on the old side now, no??

Quote Originally Posted by dx011209 View Post
    I hope YM in the future will have a chance to work with Yuan Hong. I actually want to see this pair together too bad they only did the fake marriage thing in CP3. The Lux commercial that they did while back was cute so i hope that in the future she will have a chance to do a colab with YH
    I'd love this too!!! But, I think this is even less likely than GeMi... At least I still have "Shang Shu Fang" to go back to--I only watched a third of it (a looong time ago) so there is still some HongMi stuff I have "in reserve"...

But...Donnie and Louis are sort of on the old side now, no??
    yup both of them are above 40+ they can be ym's uncle lol.. da reasons i mention them is becos i see them everywhere in HK movie circle. In the last few years hk producers and directors love to pair up their old actor with the hot and young chinese actresses.

I'd love this too!!! But, I think this is even less likely than GeMi... At least I still have "Shang Shu Fang" to go back to--I only watched a third of it (a looong time ago) so there is still some HongMi stuff I have "in reserve"...
    lol yay finally someone has the same taste as me yay well SFS is alright cuz back then theyre both still new so they havent really reach that beauty mature stage yet but onw since both have succeed in their careers i think is time to bring back this couple. I mean i love YM and FSF and i think they look good together but im so tired of this couple, i think they should switch it up. Pair YM up with someone else like YH hahaha i think their looks as well as their bubbly odd personalities will def make it a big hit too bad no one has discovers the beauty of this pair yet. lol though i know is impossible but imma hold onto this wishful thinking hopefully one day it will come true.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/69b3b35djw1dmw9b23mp8j.jpg')

yup both of them are above 40+ they can be ym's uncle lol.. da reasons i mention them is becos i see them everywhere in HK movie circle. In the last few years hk producers and directors love to pair up their old actor with the hot and young chinese actresses.
    That's probably only because their older stars are actually worth something these days. Louis has been leading actor in HK films since the early 2000s, and Tony Leung/Andy Lau even longer. I think it's just that the younger HK actors can't top off the older ones in terms of publicity (esp outside of HK)...so the older ones end up with the roles.

And then when they try to promote younger actresses, they probably want a male lead that can carry the show's popularity.

Just my theory

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/70daa44djw1dmxf73dz65j.jpg')

^ I don't even recognize that actor, and what series is that?

Quote Originally Posted by autuymnrain View Post
    ^ I don't even recognize that actor, and what series is that?
    Mei Ren Tian Xa. The actor is http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Zheng_Guo_Lin. The series is airing again on the 24th with more channels and more publicity.

so if they really have to pick an actor from hk. then it has to be nic or louis koo or donnie or raymond. can't think of any one that is famous and young in hk right now.
    You know what's funny, I just realized that Yang Mi is actually already collaborating with both Louis Koo and Donnie Yen. They're also participating in the comedy movie "Ba Xing Bao Xi" that YM has been doing on-and-off filming for (I think it's a remake of an old HK movie, translates to "Eight Happiness"?). Kelly Chen also has a role. Never realized this before because I didn't really pay attention to that movie (HK comedies don't interest me too much), but they just announced that the movie will be holding a press conference tomorrow and Louis/Donnie are in the cast list...dunno if YM actually has scenes with them though. (Well they definitely aren't playing her love interest, that's for sure! )

...so actually out of your list, it looks like Raymond Lam is indeed the only one that Yang Mi doesn't have a collaboration with...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    That's probably only because their older stars are actually worth something these days. Louis has been leading actor in HK films since the early 2000s, and Tony Leung/Andy Lau even longer. I think it's just that the younger HK actors can't top off the older ones in terms of publicity (esp outside of HK)...so the older ones end up with the roles.

And then when they try to promote younger actresses, they probably want a male lead that can carry the show's popularity.

Just my theory
    Definitely agree that's why, but I'd rather see some more younger guys on my screen! Dunno if it's just that the young guys aren't talented enough or the older guys aren't giving them a chance to shine (by hogging all the good roles lol), but I wish there are more post-80s guys making an impact so they can pair up with all these younger actresses. (Well Nic Tse is post-80s but he's like the only one...and he only barely makes it!)

lol yay finally someone has the same taste as me yay well SFS is alright cuz back then theyre both still new so they havent really reach that beauty mature stage yet but onw since both have succeed in their careers i think is time to bring back this couple. I mean i love YM and FSF and i think they look good together but im so tired of this couple, i think they should switch it up. Pair YM up with someone else like YH hahaha i think their looks as well as their bubbly odd personalities will def make it a big hit too bad no one has discovers the beauty of this pair yet. lol though i know is impossible but imma hold onto this wishful thinking hopefully one day it will come true.
    Actually I think a few of us here like YH/YM. Even though GeMi was my favourite onscreen pairing for 95% of the time I've been following YM, when I went back to watch some CP3 BTS I got the feeling that YM actually had more offscreen camaraderie with YH than HG...I remember a press conference video I watched--it was like 15min long so I didn't watch the whole thing, but they seemed to be chatting/joking around with each other more. Hilariously one person commented under the video, something along the lines of complaining that YM should stop talking with YH so much because she's leaving poor HG by himself, and the way they're carrying on makes it look like YM/YH is the main CP3 pairing...LOL. (I think the person exaggerated though, but I still had a good laugh at that one...)

Anyways I actually thought YM was really pretty in SSF--YH is hotter now though! But yeah, it's a pity they haven't actually properly paired up in anything yet despite the fact that they've had 3 "sort-of-coupled-up" collabs.

Funny "coincidence": guess which pair will be on the covers of the new editions of "Fashion Weekly" magazine? (Which I guess has a male and female version...?)

Yup, that's right...FengMi! (Click on the image for big version.)

(Pretty funny, I read a weibo post saying: "On this side Nic and YM's 'FengMi' pairing is about to begin, but on that side the 'FengMi' [FSF/YM] pairing is still going strong!" )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6222aac8tw1dmy3s76lf5j.jpg')

Meanwhile I swear FSF/YM are getting more and more daring on weibo...it's like the more they firmly crush the rumours in front of the media, the more they feel they can be more open on weibo! (Especially since they're still hiding behind that whole "uncle" relationship...lol.) I've been trying not to post too much FengMi stuff but I can't help myself with this one--FSF just blatantly reposted a fan-made FengMi video using clips from MingYun! The original post mentioned that it would've been better if the video had a different ending (i.e. not having FSF's character die in the car accident).

FSF wrote: "The editing [of the video] is not bad! The song is very nice too! Actually it's no longer important anymore whether or not [we're/they're]* together, what's important is, two people really have a mutual understanding and acceptance! 'Uncle' wishes 'girl' will be forever happy/content!"

YM replied: "$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/0c/ws_org.gif') I will, 'Uncle Feng'~you as well~ $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/19/heia_org.gif')"

(*it's rather ambiguous whether he means Anqi/Chenxi or himself and YM here...some people thinks he's saying it's not important if Anqi/Chenxi are together in the end to reassure people about the "Chenxi died" ending in MingYun, some people think he's referring to the fact that he and YM haven't seen each other in a long time, some people are crushed because they think he's implying that he and YM are *not* actually together...LOL. So, take it as you will... )

(Apparently, FSF's agent reposted his weibo and added "I'm tearing up/crying"...then she had to delete it because supposedly she got swamped with comments by FengMi shippers desperately asking if this meant she was crying because FengMi broke up/are not together, or if she's crying because she's touched by his post... Yeah, sometimes it definitely gets a bit out of hand...poor them, each post always gets analyzed to death by some crazy shippers! )
    Last edited by mango_cake; 11-09-11 at 05:03 PM.

Actually I think a few of us here like YH/YM. Even though GeMi was my favourite onscreen pairing for 95% of the time I've been following YM, when I went back to watch some CP3 BTS I got the feeling that YM actually had more offscreen camaraderie with YH than HG...I remember a press conference video I watched--it was like 15min long so I didn't watch the whole thing, but they seemed to be chatting/joking around with each other more. Hilariously one person commented under the video, something along the lines of complaining that YM should stop talking with YH so much because she's leaving poor HG by himself, and the way they're carrying on makes it look like YM/YH is the main CP3 pairing...LOL. (I think the person exaggerated though, but I still had a good laugh at that one...)

Anyways I actually thought YM was really pretty in SSF--YH is hotter now though! But yeah, it's a pity they haven't actually properly paired up in anything yet despite the fact that they've had 3 "sort-of-coupled-up" collabs.
    Really oh my god then i must search for that video even though i did read somwhere while back that when YH and YM finished up the Lux video they're on the plane together flying back to their respective filming locations and on the plane they even imitated Edison Chen and Cecilia meeting up on the plane thing which i think is hilarious and that's why i also love these two even more. They're rarely in contact and meet up often like YM and FSF and YH and LSS but you cant deny their chemistry when they're together. I watched the Lux video BTS and they're just so funny. They get along really well and they joked almost about everything which i dont think they did that with others. Like whenever i see YM with FSF they only give me that onscreen cuteness and even when it is offscreen FSF just too much of a gentleman so i think they do look good together just that he doesnt brings out YM's cute crazy personality like YH did. Well i swear imma keep on ranting about how great YH and YM all day all night but yeah i just wish that someone will discovers them and make them into the new legendary couples like FengMi or HongShi or ShiGe or GeMi...hahaha i bet you they will be a big hit Too bad im just a student or else if im a producer i swear i will spend all those cash on YM and YH and ill make sure they will have a chance to colab together hehehe

Definitely agree that's why, but I'd rather see some more younger guys on my screen! Dunno if it's just that the young guys aren't talented enough or the older guys aren't giving them a chance to shine (by hogging all the good roles lol), but I wish there are more post-80s guys making an impact so they can pair up with all these younger actresses. (Well Nic Tse is post-80s but he's like the only one...and he only barely makes it!)
    Well, it's usually not so much of a problem b/c most A-list actreses tend to be in the late 20s & 30s anyways. In terms of age, Yang Mi is just ahead of the curve.

i would love to see a yh and ym collaboration...a real one! not some poor excuse where she is the backup lover or a short clip or he's the has been. although i much prefer hu ge...i have to admit that yh is more handsome and has that babyface to match ym (especially the expressive eyes). well, since yh is no longer under tang ren and ym has not fully given up series, i still have hope that they will get to collaborate in a really, really good series. at this point, i've resigned to the fact that hu ge and ym are no more (tearing up...sniff sniff). but there's still hope for ym and yh.

actually, i wouldn't mind seeing louis koo and ym collaborate since lk looks great for his age. it'll be great if it was a wuxia collaboration. =P perhaps butterfly cemetary?

btw, ym looks great on the cover of that magazine. they really played up her eyes! giving her puffy hair also makes her forehead look smaller than it really is. =)
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Really oh my god then i must search for that video even though i did read somwhere while back that when YH and YM finished up the Lux video they're on the plane together flying back to their respective filming locations and on the plane they even imitated Edison Chen and Cecilia meeting up on the plane thing which i think is hilarious and that's why i also love these two even more. They're rarely in contact and meet up often like YM and FSF and YH and LSS but you cant deny their chemistry when they're together. I watched the Lux video BTS and they're just so funny. They get along really well and they joked almost about everything which i dont think they did that with others.
    You probably saw this one already, but just in case--here's a HongMi BTS CP3 vid that xiaolong kindly uploaded for us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgMZ-98T4jI
    I think it's my favourite YH/YM vid, they're so cute goofing off together--YM pretends to interview YH (first with a chopstick, then with one of those olden-day vases, LOL) and it has BTS clips of their wedding scene filming!

Anyways I was trying to find the press conference clip but I ended up rewatching some CP3 BTS instead: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA1Mzc2MDEy.html
    So cute! It almost makes me want to go and rewatch the cheesiness of CP3 again, LOL.

...but THEN, I DID manage to find that clip--it's YH, YM, HG, and LSS--the Tudou clip had problems loading so I found it on Youku (bad quality unfortunately): http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA0MTEyODA4.html
    The main focus is on Hu Ge but several times you can see YH/YM beside him chatting/joking with each other while Hu Ge is being interviewed. At around 9:00, the host asks about YM/HG's relations offscreen, e.g. if they privately talk on the phone etc. Then YH cuts in and jokes, "behind my back, you phone him, eh??" Then Hu Ge says, "no no--in real life whenever YM calls me, it's to say, 'old Yuan's cell phone is out of battery again, where is he?'" And then YH/YM start laughing! YM imitates herself on the phone with HG, going, "I can't find him [YH], where is he?"

Like whenever i see YM with FSF they only give me that onscreen cuteness and even when it is offscreen FSF just too much of a gentleman so i think they do look good together just that he doesnt brings out YM's cute crazy personality like YH did.
    Actually, I remember reading that Yang Mi once mentioned in an interview how everyone thinks FSF is the super quiet/gentlemanly type, but in reality he is more of a "crazy/jokester" type than she is in private! And she's also said a few times that he can be like a kid. So, I think FSF is sort of the more introverted type where you have to get to know him before he starts goofing off with you (kinda like LSS' personality...LOL). Or, maybe it's just Yang Mi who brings out the kid/crazy side in him (I swear, Yang Mi seems to be really good at bringing out the wild side in those quiet ones! ) since it seems like FSF's other female costars always just say how sweet and a gentleman he is (then again, they probably don't know him as well either...). Actually I think you can see glimpses of his more "outgoing" side from anecdotes of filming stories with YM and when's he's interacting with her during interviews (e.g. at the LeTV awards).

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    i would love to see a yh and ym collaboration...a real one! not some poor excuse where she is the backup lover or a short clip or he's the has been. although i much prefer hu ge...i have to admit that yh is more handsome and has that babyface to match ym (especially the expressive eyes). well, since yh is no longer under tang ren and ym has not fully given up series, i still have hope that they will get to collaborate in a really, really good series. at this point, i've resigned to the fact that hu ge and ym are no more (tearing up...sniff sniff). but there's still hope for ym and yh.
    Really?? I think there is more hope for HG/YM because YM is doing mainly movies now and HG is moving in that direction, whereas YH seems to still be stuck in TV series for some time (not that it's a bad thing, I love TV series!). YM has said before that she would still love to do dramas if the script etc. is good, but it sounds like her schedule is so packed with movies in the next while that I don't know when she would squeeze in TV series filming. If what I heard is true, it sounds like she didn't even have time for that small role in the upcoming FWSC drama that YH has a major role in! I actually think looks-wise YM/HG match more (they both have that sharp nose and more "western" look, whereas YH is more traditionally "Chinese" handsome--one reason why I think he actually looks better than HG in ancient series, but HG looks a lot better in modern). But, as you mentioned YH/YM's eyes do match well!

btw, ym looks great on the cover of that magazine. they really played up her eyes! giving her puffy hair also makes her forehead look smaller than it really is. =)
    Hey, good point! I didn't even realize but you're right, that's probably one of the best YM pics without bangs and her hair pulled back--indeed it's probably because of the puffiness! (Although, I'm sure being photoshopped on magazine covers helps a lot too, lol. Probably gave her some touch-ups.)
    Last edited by mango_cake; 11-09-11 at 07:47 PM.