Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    You probably saw this one already, but just in case--here's a HongMi BTS CP3 vid that xiaolong kindly uploaded for us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgMZ-98T4jI
    I think it's my favourite YH/YM vid, they're so cute goofing off together--YM pretends to interview YH (first with a chopstick, then with one of those olden-day vases, LOL) and it has BTS clips of their wedding scene filming!

Anyways I was trying to find the press conference clip but I ended up rewatching some CP3 BTS instead: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA1Mzc2MDEy.html
    So cute! It almost makes me want to go and rewatch the cheesiness of CP3 again, LOL.

...but THEN, I DID manage to find that clip--it's YH, YM, HG, and LSS--the Tudou clip had problems loading so I found it on Youku (bad quality unfortunately): http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA0MTEyODA4.html
    The main focus is on Hu Ge but several times you can see YH/YM beside him chatting/joking with each other while Hu Ge is being interviewed. At around 9:00, the host asks about YM/HG's relations offscreen, e.g. if they privately talk on the phone etc. Then YH cuts in and jokes, "behind my back, you phone him, eh??" Then Hu Ge says, "no no--in real life whenever YM calls me, it's to say, 'old Yuan's cell phone is out of battery again, where is he?'" And then YH/YM start laughing! YM imitates herself on the phone with HG, going, "I can't find him [YH], where is he?"

Actually, I remember reading that Yang Mi once mentioned in an interview how everyone thinks FSF is the super quiet/gentlemanly type, but in reality he is more of a "crazy/jokester" type than she is in private! And she's also said a few times that he can be like a kid. So, I think FSF is sort of the more introverted type where you have to get to know him before he starts goofing off with you (kinda like LSS' personality...LOL). Or, maybe it's just Yang Mi who brings out the kid/crazy side in him (I swear, Yang Mi seems to be really good at bringing out the wild side in those quiet ones! ) since it seems like FSF's other female costars always just say how sweet and a gentleman he is (then again, they probably don't know him as well either...). Actually I think you can see glimpses of his more "outgoing" side from anecdotes of filming stories with YM and when's he's interacting with her during interviews (e.g. at the LeTV awards).

Really?? I think there is more hope for HG/YM because YM is doing mainly movies now and HG is moving in that direction, whereas YH seems to still be stuck in TV series for some time (not that it's a bad thing, I love TV series!). YM has said before that she would still love to do dramas if the script etc. is good, but it sounds like her schedule is so packed with movies in the next while that I don't know when she would squeeze in TV series filming. If what I heard is true, it sounds like she didn't even have time for that small role in the upcoming FWSC drama that YH has a major role in! I actually think looks-wise YM/HG match more (they both have that sharp nose and more "western" look, whereas YH is more traditionally "Chinese" handsome--one reason why I think he actually looks better than HG in ancient series, but HG looks a lot better in modern). But, as you mentioned YH/YM's eyes do match well!

Hey, good point! I didn't even realize but you're right, that's probably one of the best YM pics without bangs and her hair pulled back--indeed it's probably because of the puffiness! (Although, I'm sure being photoshopped on magazine covers helps a lot too, lol. Probably gave her some touch-ups.)
    omg mango_cake youve officially made my day really with the news about YH n YM and that todou bts about how ym only called hg to ask for yh hehehe which make me think that if they arent that busy in real life they could be t the bar sipping on drinks n joked with each other about everythiing from life to love life to movies heheheh and yeah even though ym can bring out fsf goofiness i still think that. ultimately she will choose naughty yh anyday hahaha jk sorry im major obssess n biased toward hongmi hahaha

omg i can imagine huge and yangmi and yuanhong and shishi ousidr real life like bffs hanagout at each other place playing video games and watchiang CP3 hahahah but yeah i think you havejust awake my obsessness for hongmi mangocake hehehe I prob would go back and watasch CP3 soon lol and make some wallie and pictures in the mean time

You know what I just realized...actually, the very *first* "FengMi" pairing wasn't FSF/YM, but actually Bao Jian Feng/Yang Mi in the "Hong Wu Da An" drama that will air soon! Which was filmed way before Gong--but there doesn't seem to be much buzz about it, I don't even know what day it starts airing. >_< (Then YM collaborated with Sammul Chan i.e. "Chen Jian Feng" in MRXJ but obviously they didn't pair up there.)

Yang Mi continues her "yuan" with guys named "Feng/Fung" (well I guess it is a popular name?) because apparently the male model in her "Eminu" clothing ad shoots is a Thai/Vietnamese model named "Fung Chanthansan"...he just posted a bunch of their "winter-themed" Eminu pics on his weibo (and took the opportunity to semi-fangirl over Yang Mi...in super awkward/stilted English which makes it doubly funny, lol). The pics are pretty cute though: (hilariously I think someone replied that they should've changed the guy to FSF, and "model-guy" actually reposted that comment on his weibo...I'm not sure he quite understood that comment... )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/760d1cd9jw1dmxpodol4uj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/760d1cd9jw1dmxovnebqfj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/760d1cd9jw1dmxowcczzsj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/760d1cd9jw1dmxownj7a8j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/760d1cd9jw1dmxt153o5vj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/760d1cd9jw1dmxt1e1euqj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/760d1cd9jw1dmy902gd7rj.jpg')

And, a bigger pic of just YM's magazine cover by herself:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/1zqzp6e.jpg')

The photoshop is ridiculous! They totally warped her face and made her look a bit like Li Bing Bing.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    The photoshop is ridiculous! They totally warped her face and made her look a bit like Li Bing Bing.
    Really? I don't think she looks like LBB...actually, it reminded me more of Shui Ling's recent photoshoot (that I posted in her thread). Actually, as far as magazine covers go this one is not crazy, I don't think--it definitely looks like they sharpened her face shape (she has a rounder chin than that) but her other features are pretty recognizable. (I've seen other pics where you really can barely recognize her... >_<)

Quote Originally Posted by dx011209 View Post
    omg mango_cake youve officially made my day really with the news about YH n YM and that todou bts about how ym only called hg to ask for yh hehehe which make me think that if they arent that busy in real life they could be t the bar sipping on drinks n joked with each other about everythiing from life to love life to movies heheheh
    Haha, I can totally imagine YH/YM doing that...they do seem to have the most similar personalities in real life (which is why I personally think they are just best off as good friends though...)

You know who else YM is overdue with a collab with...Huang Xiaoming. I was turned off him ever since I watched him as Yang Guo but lately I've been warming up to him again. Recently he commented on weibo for YM to make sure she was wearing enough because it's cold outside, and YM thanked her "Xiao Ming ge ge" (i.e. brother Xiao Ming). Like YH, those two never really got a "proper" pairing even though they've had "semi-pairings" twice. (Hmmm, "An Xiang" is another drama I have in reserve just in case I ever feel like I want to watch YM/HXM again... XD) Well, YM's rumoured boyfriend FSF is currently collaborating with HXM's rumoured girlfriend Angelababy (good lord I cringe every time I say that name ) so why not have Yang Guo and Guo Xiang pair up again?? ^_^ (I know a lot of people want the main ROCH pair to reunite though--i.e. LYF/HXM--but based on their lack of chemistry the first time around, I'm not all that hyped up about it...but, I guess a lot of people did feel that they had chemistry--or maybe it's just that they just liked how gorgeous that couple was. )

Hua Pi 2 "concept art" trailer:

Forgot to post this before but if anyone's interested here's the link to the HP2 trailer that was recently released (basically consists entirely of concept art made for the movie): http://video.sina.com.cn/p/ent/m/c/2...461554721.html (it's almost impossible to make out which character is who, although there's been plenty of guesses made!)

Definitely looks really cool, seems like the movie will turn out really impressive if they manage to actually duplicate the images from the concept art. Has a very "spooky/creepy" but magical feeling...people call it very "mo huan", i.e. loosely translates to "demonic/fantasy"-ish. People made screencaps of all the scenes, I won't post all of them but this is my favourite set:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/2192xll.jpg')

Da Wudang poster:

Forgot to post this before:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.tinypic.com/1zys0m.jpg')

I like the yin/yang concept and the mysterious feeling!

During the Da Wudang press conference they once again asked YM about the guys she's rumoured with and then Hunan TV came out with a feature titled: "杨幂身边的'男人帮'" i.e. "Yang Mi and her 'gang' of men"...lol. (I think it's a bit of a pun because there's currently a popular TV show airing in China called "nan ren bang", i.e. "gang of men".)

http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/64754310-1290055681.html

Poor YM, the Chinese media just seem to love shipping her with various guys! This is already the 3rd "news" report I've seen which basically revolves around YM and the guys she is rumoured with (4 if you count her birthday party episode). Of course, FSF and Hu Ge are always included without fail, but the other ones keep getting changed up. YM rather helplessly says she doesn't know why there are so many rumours either because she is just hard at work filming all day! XD She also says all the guys she's rumoured to be dating/all the girls she's rumoured to be fighting with, she's actually good friends with all of them and the rumours are all false--she is so busy filming all day she has no time for any of that! :P But the reporters make her comment on the guys nonetheless:

Hu Ge: YM says she learned a lot working with Hu Ge in CP3, since it was really her first "comedy" series. She also says his personality is rather introverted?? (Huh, HG always comes off as so outgoing in the BTS/interviews! Maybe he's just introverted compared to YM and YH's crazy personalities, LOL.) Anyways, she says he's a really professional and great actor since he's completely different in front of the camera (being the super outgoing Jing Tian character). She also says they're quite familiar since they've been friends for several years. (Btw, I *LOVE* that they actually included a clip from Liao Zhai for the HG section! Usually whenever GeMi is mentioned people always focus on CP3, and sometimes LZ is mentioned in passing but rarely do they show clips from LZ! So I was really happily surprised this one did. )

FSF: YM says that she feels they really "grew" together, perhaps because they both gained a lot of popularity from "Gong". She says it's impossible to *not* be familiar with him since they've been paired up 5 times in one year, and they are super familiar just like "family". She also says their opinions and perspectives are no longer "shui huo bu rong" (literally means "water and fire don't mix", i.e. they couldn't stand each other...umm, YM I think it was just you who couldn't stand FSF, not the other way around...hehe). Then at the end she emphasizes they are very very good friends but perhaps are the type who will be good friends for their whole lives.

Hawick: There's a clip of Hawick thanking YM for introducing him to her management company. YM praises Hawick for his acting, saying that during "Ru Yi" he played a young, "cute"/boyish type of character which was like his real-life jokester personality. Then after she watched him in "Sealed with a Kiss" she was really impressed by his acting because it was completely different to his real-life character.

Yu Haoming: Err, I honestly don't know why they added him to the list because he has never even collaborated with YM and I haven't heard of this rumour before so who knows how it got started. YM says to be honest they haven't been in contact in a very long time but she wishes him well in his recovery (he was the actor who suffered severe burns along with Selina a year ago during their filming...huh, 3 out of 4 guys in this list have had pretty serious life-threatening accidents... O_o).

YM ends off saying her "ideal guy" would be very understanding of her (because of her busy work schedule etc) and very forgiving/accepting, as well as be able to communicate with her a lot. Finally she adds that she hopes people will stop paying so much attention to the gossip/rumours about her and focus more on her acting talent.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 11-10-11 at 01:40 AM.

Really? I don't think she looks like LBB...actually, it reminded me more of Shui Ling's recent photoshoot (that I posted in her thread). Actually, as far as magazine covers go this one is not crazy, I don't think--it definitely looks like they sharpened her face shape (she has a rounder chin than that) but her other features are pretty recognizable. (I've seen other pics where you really can barely recognize her... >_<)
    Expanding on this...just went to pull up the pic of Shui Ling's recent photoshoot--see what I mean, don't they look just like sisters?? I think if they didn't sharpen Yang Mi's face on purpose (and left it a bit "rounder" the way it is naturally) the resemblance would be even more apparent! XD

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/n2yahk.jpg')

i remember how people were commenting that ym looks similar to shui ling. wow, shui ling is still gorgeous...and her body! omg...can't believe this lady gave birth and still manage to look as though her body was unaffected. these two should play sisters in a movie/series.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Yup, you should check out the other pics of Shui Ling in her thread that I posted awhile back, she's still as gorgeous as ever. (Although this particular photoshoot has also been photoshopped of course.)

Well I've always said that YM reminds me of Shui Ling a bit but she is more "lively/bubbly" while Shui Ling has that "elegant/graceful" "qi zhi". (Both have fantastic figures as well.) However as YM gets older/matures she is resembling SL even more! Although I think objectively speaking Shui Ling is more beautiful (features are flawless!), but Yang Mi's eyes are still more expressive and stand-out to me (SL's eyes are gorgeous too but have a more "serene" feeling).

Haha, I can totally imagine YH/YM doing that...they do seem to have the most similar personalities in real life (which is why I personally think they are just best off as good friends though...)

You know who else YM is overdue with a collab with...Huang Xiaoming. I was turned off him ever since I watched him as Yang Guo but lately I've been warming up to him again. Recently he commented on weibo for YM to make sure she was wearing enough because it's cold outside, and YM thanked her "Xiao Ming ge ge" (i.e. brother Xiao Ming). Like YH, those two never really got a "proper" pairing even though they've had "semi-pairings" twice. (Hmmm, "An Xiang" is another drama I have in reserve just in case I ever feel like I want to watch YM/HXM again... XD) Well, YM's rumoured boyfriend FSF is currently collaborating with HXM's rumoured girlfriend Angelababy (good lord I cringe every time I say that name ) so why not have Yang Guo and Guo Xiang pair up again?? ^_^ (I know a lot of people want the main ROCH pair to reunite though--i.e. LYF/HXM--but based on their lack of chemistry the first time around, I'm not all that hyped up about it...but, I guess a lot of people did feel that they had chemistry--or maybe it's just that they just liked how gorgeous that couple was. )

Hu Ge: YM says she learned a lot working with Hu Ge in CP3, since it was really her first "comedy" series. She also says his personality is rather introverted?? (Huh, HG always comes off as so outgoing in the BTS/interviews! Maybe he's just introverted compared to YM and YH's crazy personalities, LOL.) Anyways, she says he's a really professional and great actor since he's completely different in front of the camera (being the super outgoing Jing Tian character). She also says they're quite familiar since they've been friends for several years. (Btw, I *LOVE* that they actually included a clip from Liao Zhai for the HG section! Usually whenever GeMi is mentioned people always focus on CP3, and sometimes LZ is mentioned in passing but rarely do they show clips from LZ! So I was really happily surprised this one did. )

FSF: YM says that she feels they really "grew" together, perhaps because they both gained a lot of popularity from "Gong". She says it's impossible to *not* be familiar with him since they've been paired up 5 times in one year, and they are super familiar just like "family". She also says their opinions and perspectives are no longer "shui huo bu rong" (literally means "water and fire don't mix", i.e. they couldn't stand each other...umm, YM I think it was just you who couldn't stand FSF, not the other way around...hehe). Then at the end she emphasizes they are very very good friends but perhaps are the type who will be good friends for their whole lives.

Hawick: There's a clip of Hawick thanking YM for introducing him to her management company. YM praises Hawick for his acting, saying that during "Ru Yi" he played a young, "cute"/boyish type of character which was like his real-life jokester personality. Then after she watched him in "Sealed with a Kiss" she was really impressed by his acting because it was completely different to his real-life character.

Yu Haoming: Err, I honestly don't know why they added him to the list because he has never even collaborated with YM and I haven't heard of this rumour before so who knows how it got started. YM says to be honest they haven't been in contact in a very long time but she wishes him well in his recovery (he was the actor who suffered severe burns along with Selina a year ago during their filming...huh, 3 out of 4 guys in this list have had pretty serious life-threatening accidents... O_o).

YM ends off saying her "ideal guy" would be very understanding of her (because of her busy work schedule etc) and very forgiving/accepting, as well as be able to communicate with her a lot. Finally she adds that she hopes people will stop paying so much attention to the gossip/rumours about her and focus more on her acting talent.
    first off how dare they not putting YH up there? lol even though yeah they only have like what one drama as lovers and one as semi-lover but still sheesh I DEMAND YH UP THERE HAHAH. and about HXM something about him that i never find it attractive or lovable. He always came off as arrogant and aloof to me. I watched summer bubbles with hima nd peter and barbie mainly for peter tbh and in that movie god i cant stand both hxm and barbie and even when i watched RTTCH i only loved YM and LYF but for HXM not really into him so thats why i wasnt keen on HXM and YM pair though i think HXM is hot in term of looking but still he came off rather unfriendly to me.

but yeah i just re watched the bts tudou again and i've to say YM and YH outfits are matching white and white hehe and i did noticed now that they did joked and laughed a lot during HG interview yay i really cannot wait any longer for this pair on screen. and funny how both YM and YH names start with letter Y...???

YM has always been known to resemble Shui Ling, ever since she debuted in her teenage days. Btw, has anyone caught MRTX? Have been wanting to watch it but just cannot find the time.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/71d2a0c1jw1dmzto7lwbrj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6709d712tw1dmzxy2av1nj.jpg')

picture are from the HK movie that YM has a small role in it.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://iforce.co.nz/i/1cndjxke.o10.jpg')
    this is my new account. i forgot the passsword and the email that i use on my old account T.T

First trailer for "Ru Yi" is out: http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/65093811-1867422881.html

Looks quite dramatic! I was a bit unsure of watching this because it seemed really tragic/melancholy but this trailer makes it look more exciting. Plus, the guys in here seem to be all super handsome. (I am such a sucker for guys in Min Guo costume... XD)

Quote Originally Posted by dx011209 View Post
    first off how dare they not putting YH up there? lol even though yeah they only have like what one drama as lovers and one as semi-lover but still sheesh I DEMAND YH UP THERE HAHAH. and about HXM something about him that i never find it attractive or lovable. He always came off as arrogant and aloof to me.
    Hmm, now that I think about it, I've never really seen anyone ask YM about YH before...except in the Lux interview (where YM said they are very good friends). HongMi is not nearly as "high-profile" as her other collabs/male costars (after all they haven't really officially "paired up" as a main couple yet).

Anyways, to be honest I was never attracted to HXM's real-life personality (or at least, the impression I get from him--he might be different in *actual* real life). I just liked him for his handsome good looks and his acting (think I first saw him as the villain in "Pai An Jing Qi", then as the protagonist in "Da Han Tian Zi" and thought he was great in both). Which is why, the moment his acting got bad (*cough*ROCH*cough*) I started disliking him (because that was one of the main things going for him). However, I heard he was fantastic in the new Shanghai Bund (still have to find time to watch that...) so I'm willing to give him a second chance. (Besides, he always has that hotness factor...)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    YM has always been known to resemble Shui Ling, ever since she debuted in her teenage days. Btw, has anyone caught MRTX? Have been wanting to watch it but just cannot find the time.
    Yup! I don't really see it mentioned much now though--maybe because Shui Ling is not that active in acting anymore...(pity ). I haven't seen Audrey Hepburn comparisons lately either (which I remember was also common when people first started noticing her). But maybe that's a good thing, because people are starting to think of her as an actress in her own right rather than as a "version" of someone else?

As for MRTX, I started watching the episodes where YM appears in...however then I got weirded out because I hate starting a series halfway through, but I'm just not interested enough in MRTX/the actors there to watch from the beginning and sit through 30 eps before getting to YM parts. So, I've put it on hold... From the bits I saw though, YM kind of reminded me of Hua Ying in Gong--she seems like a slightly evil/devious character, but with more of a "mysteriousness" to her (because you don't know what her background is, whether she's really evil or good, etc).

Oh, and just realized Hunan TV (still a bit weirded out they're the ones airing this btw ) also added this poster to go along with the trailer: (seems like it might be airing soon if Hunan TV is starting promotions for it already? They did say it's to be aired in 2012 so maybe early next year...)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edjw1dn1278d8rpj.jpg')

Click here for a HUMONGOUS sized-poster. (I still don't think the "bowl cut" is that flattering on Yang Mi but as always she seems to look much better in action (in the trailer) and some of the stills from before were lovely.)

Btw I noticed that in the trailer Yang Mi is using her real voice (not dubbed). However, they seem to do this a lot in trailers (e.g. I heard YM/FSF's real voices in the HFCQ trailer as well as the Gong 2 trailer, but I'm 99% sure they'll get professional dubbers to do HFCQ and I'm guessing they'll probably get the same voice actors from Gong to do the sequel). While I prefer professional voice actors to do ancient series, I don't mind (and sometimes actually prefer) having the actors' real voices in modern-day/Min Guo era series, so I'd like it if they didn't dub over the voices for "Ru Yi".

In other news, someone said in the Baidu forums that "Hong Wu Da An" is airing already--but on some small channel, similar to XFHBCXS, so I don't think either one will be uploaded to the internet anytime soon, unfortunately... >_< Oh well, I have enough dramas on my "to-watch" list already that I haven't gotten around to yet, so I'm not in a huge rush for these two to be made available. (YM's series seem to be everywhere on TV these days: MRTX is on its second run, DMXN is being aired again on other channels--but it's always gotten pretty limited broadcast on smaller channels--I think Hunan TV just finished re-airing MRXJ...it must suck for those YM-haters in China, they'd have to see her face way too often on their TV! I think I saw someone say before that, during the summer, at one point they were flipping through the TV and saw Gong being aired simultaneously on like 5 different channels! Now that she's moved onto making movies at break-neck speed, her fans in China are saying they have to save up as much money as they can for all the movie tickets they'll have to buy next year, LOL. (It was probably much easier on their wallets when she was just doing TV, heheh. )

YM was actually asked several times in interviews whether she's worried about "overexposure" and "over-exerting" herself--she replied that she's just focused on doing her work and she feels that while she's still young (and, *ahem*, I assume she means "unmarried" ) she should "squeeze/pressure" herself as much as she can and take advantage of the opportunities currently offered to her.

goodness, this series has two of qiong yao's leading actresses (from the 90's) in this? wow, that guarantees lots of drama. perhaps after this, qiong yao will chase after ym to lead in some of her series. =p

anyhow, thanks for the update. given how well received seal with a kiss is, i think hunan is expecting a good turnout for this series since ym and hawick are quite popular now among the tv audience.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    goodness, this series has two of qiong yao's leading actresses (from the 90's) in this? wow, that guarantees lots of drama. perhaps after this, qiong yao will chase after ym to lead in some of her serie.
    ROFL. Dear god I hope not. Plus, I don't think QY even writes anymore, does she? In any case, it's not like they lack dog-blooded plot lines these days anyways...

I'm not a qy fan but i know many housewives who love her neverending ridiculous drama. I much prefer ym in wuxia series.

Oh, and just realized Hunan TV (still a bit weirded out they're the ones airing this btw ) also added this poster to go along with the trailer: (seems like it might be airing soon if Hunan TV is starting promotions for it already? They did say it's to be aired in 2012 so maybe early next year...)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edjw1dn1278d8rpj.jpg')

Click here for a HUMONGOUS sized-poster. (I still don't think the "bowl cut" is that flattering on Yang Mi but as always she seems to look much better in action (in the trailer) and some of the stills from before were lovely.)

Btw I noticed that in the trailer Yang Mi is using her real voice (not dubbed). However, they seem to do this a lot in trailers (e.g. I heard YM/FSF's real voices in the HFCQ trailer as well as the Gong 2 trailer, but I'm 99% sure they'll get professional dubbers to do HFCQ and I'm guessing they'll probably get the same voice actors from Gong to do the sequel). While I prefer professional voice actors to do ancient series, I don't mind (and sometimes actually prefer) having the actors' real voices in modern-day/Min Guo era series, so I'd like it if they didn't dub over the voices for "Ru Yi".

In other news, someone said in the Baidu forums that "Hong Wu Da An" is airing already--but on some small channel, similar to XFHBCXS, so I don't think either one will be uploaded to the internet anytime soon, unfortunately... >_< Oh well, I have enough dramas on my "to-watch" list already that I haven't gotten around to yet, so I'm not in a huge rush for these two to be made available. (YM's series seem to be everywhere on TV these days: MRTX is on its second run, DMXN is being aired again on other channels--but it's always gotten pretty limited broadcast on smaller channels--I think Hunan TV just finished re-airing MRXJ...it must suck for those YM-haters in China, they'd have to see her face way too often on their TV! I think I saw someone say before that, during the summer, at one point they were flipping through the TV and saw Gong being aired simultaneously on like 5 different channels! Now that she's moved onto making movies at break-neck speed, her fans in China are saying they have to save up as much money as they can for all the movie tickets they'll have to buy next year, LOL. (It was probably much easier on their wallets when she was just doing TV, heheh. )

YM was actually asked several times in interviews whether she's worried about "overexposure" and "over-exerting" herself--she replied that she's just focused on doing her work and she feels that while she's still young (and, *ahem*, I assume she means "unmarried" ) she should "squeeze/pressure" herself as much as she can and take advantage of the opportunities currently offered to her.
    there was a gong 2 trailer??? just asking

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6cc544b6gw1dn4l41lglgj.jpg')

"Vanishing Bullet" has started filming already and I'm DYING for news/pics/etc...how much longer are they going to make us wait before they hold a press conference...*taps foot impatiently*

In the meantime, here is a new pic from...Ru Yi? (I'm guessing by the hairstyle/costume.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/71d2a0c1gw1dn361qaan4j.jpg')

And a still from the movie "Dong Cheng Xi Jiu" to be released Nov. 24, in which Yang Mi has a one-scene cameo...(Tang Yan also has a cameo role)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6a2aa743gw1dn4v7q2e5nj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by guoluoluo View Post
    there was a gong 2 trailer??? just asking
    There was a really short preliminary trailer released awhile ago--no time now but I'll try to go find it and post it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    ROFL. Dear god I hope not. Plus, I don't think QY even writes anymore, does she? In any case, it's not like they lack dog-blooded plot lines these days anyways...
    Ren Ying Ying, ROFL at your literal chinese-to-english translations ("dog-blooded", "soy sauce"... ). Somehow they just sound hilarious! XD

I don't know if I'm a QY fan or not...after all I loved HZGG1 but thought HZGG2 was bad and gave up on HZGG3/NHZGG on the first episodes. I did enjoy "Tears of Heaven" and parts of "Romance in the Rain" (but disliked a lot of it as well). And those are really the only QY series I've watched...her stuff does tend to be super melodramatic but half the time it works. (Oh, I also read a few chapters of "Xin Yue Ge Ge" way back in middle school randomly but I got so weirded out by the plot/premise that I stopped. )

Anyways, it's also funny because Yu Xiaofan was the original Xiao Chai from the first JCSS, and Yang Mi played the same role in the new JCSS almost 20 years later! And now they're both in the same series.