Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

thanks for the translation...i guess she was just waiting for hawick to be the man and take charge. congrats to this beautiful couple on openly admitting their relationship.

guess what i found on cfensi? more detail on why ym chose hawick. =)

http://cfensi.dramaddicts.com/forum/...ck-lau-dating/
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

patricia: here's a translation of her weibo: "Yes, I'm dating, sorry for only having the courage to tell all of you who love me now, because for someone like me who has always supported 'hidden dating', sharing my relationship with the public really requires a lot of courage. Yes~but I want to tell everyone now, I'm very well, and I also hope I can get all of your well-wishes. Saying one more time, sorry for making you all guess and worry, thank you~grateful to all of you~bowing to you"

To be honest I can see why she kept it secret--it could turn out pretty bad for her career...a lot of the FengMi shippers are very bitter towards her now and some are saying they will only support FSF from now on (even I feel so bad for FSF--maybe I shouldn't if it's all in the past, but I can't help it...before I was definitely way more a YM fan than FSF fan even while I was shipping FengMi, but now I think I am pretty equal with the two of them).

I am still totally confuzzled over the status of FengMi then--it will be interesting to see them appear at another event next (if anything would change?). Actually the other weird thing is, didn't Hawick also attend the event from Dec. 22--where we got all those cute QiTangMiShi pics and also the GeMi pics??? So YM/Hawick were at the same event yet we didn't get a single pic of them together...and instead YM decided to spend her time sitting/chatting with Hu Ge instead?? Well they must be really good at hiding it then, especially considering YM is so busy she spends 90% of her time working...

Ok, the good news is I can get back to watching TV dramas like normal and shipping onscreen couples (except...considering that apparently tragedies are all the rage now, perhaps that might not work out the best either ).

can anyone summarize this? according to cfensi, ym admitted to dating hawick to southern metro weekly. was this before or after hawick's declaration?

http://www.smweekly.com/news/report/201201/28744.aspx

thanks.

yeah...i feel bad for fsf too. he took her rejection well, or perhaps he was still pursuing her all this time? but he seems like the ultimate gentleman, and he was the one who saved her career. had he not suggested ym for her role in scheming beauty, yz would never had starred ym in gong. it seem like the perfect romance story for actors in this day and age. i hope the fengmi fans forgive ym soon.
    Last edited by patricia n; 01-08-12 at 03:12 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    can anyone summarize this? according to cfensi, ym admitted to dating hawick to southern metro weekly. was this before or after hawick's declaration?

http://www.smweekly.com/news/report/201201/28744.aspx

thanks.

yeah...i feel bad for fsf too. he took her rejection well, or perhaps he was still pursuing her all this time? but he seems like the ultimate gentleman, and he was the one who saved her career. had he not suggested ym for her role in scheming beauty, yz would never had starred ym in gong. it seem like the perfect romance story for actors in this day and age. i hope the fengmi fans forgive ym soon.
    Not sure when the interview was done but YM did the interview first, however it only came out today, and Hawick posted on his weibo pretty much around the same time that the interview went up. Then later YM posted on her weibo as well.

(I wonder how her parents are taking it as well. You know, one of the reasons I thought for sure the Hawick/YM rumours were fake was because YM's dad posted right after it...and he sounded really, really pissed off about them. Umm...unless YM has been keeping this a secret all this time...but she supposedly has a really good relationship with her parents... Then again maybe her dad was angry about the nature of those rumours (which were a bit more damaging to her reputation) rather than the Hawick/YM thing in general? Yeah, still totally confused right now. )

mango cake: thanks for the ym's weibo translation and southern metro weekly clarification. i assume someone from the magazine leaked the news that's why there was an explosion of rumors (well, truths i to be more exact). i guess we will soon be slammed with hawick/ym cuteness right? esp with their upcoming series. it's cute that gemi fans are consoling fengmi fans. has fsf responded to this revelation on his weibo? he has always been quick to respond to ym in the past. how awkward it must have been when in their previous award show, the host wanted to talk about hawick and fsf playfully walked away. i wonder if he suspected anything at that point? well, now fsf will be much more popular since he's the underdog in this triangle.

perhaps ym's dad got caught up in the fengmi madness and was convinced that his daughter would wed this wonderful gentleman (fsf)? or maybe this is a publicity stunt and her father doesn't wish to go along with it? or he is angry that ym kept this a secret from him? i guess ym just wants to get married soon so she doesn't care which way her career goes?

i don't know. i wish the best for all three: fsf, ym, and hawick. perhaps ym can marry them both to please everyone.
    Last edited by patricia n; 01-08-12 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    mango cake: thanks for the ym's weibo translation. i guess we will soon be slammed with hawick/ym cuteness right? esp with their upcoming series. it's cute that gemi fans are consoling fengmi fans. has fsf responded in any form. how awkward it must have been when in their previous award show, the host wanted to talk about hawick and fsf playfully walked away. i wonder if he suspected anything at that point? well, now fsf will be much more popular since he's the underdog in this triangle.

perhaps ym's dad got caught up in the fengmi madness and was convinced that his daughter would wed this wonderfuly gentleman? or maybe this is a publicity stunt and her father doesn't wish to go along with it? or he is angry that ym kept this a secret from him? i guess ym just wants to get married soon so she doesn't care which way her career goes?

i don't know. i wish the best for all three: fsf, ym, and hawick. perhaps ym can marry them both to please everyone.
    LOL at that last part. Add Hu Ge into the mix then. Someone actually joked that they should all just go form a "HG/FSF" forum and commiserate there together (while plotting the demise of Hawick/YM I imagine ). And the idea actually got really popular! I need to check out that forum soon, it has the potential to be almost as hilarious as the FeiMi (i.e. LYF/YM) stuff I think. This is too funny, before some FengMi shippers were like, "we hate HG" while GeMi shippers were "we hate FSF"...now everyone is: "At least HG/FSF is better than Hawick!!! Let's pray they break up soon and one of HG/FSF will be there to comfort YM after her breakup..."

Anyways, I don't know, I feel like FSF must've known about this. Apparently, even the producer for HMY (i.e. FSF's movie) said that he knew about it for awhile...therefore I can't see FSF not knowing. Also it would be kinda mean for Yang Mi to not tell him (I might actually seriously stop following Yang Mi if it turned out FSF just found out about this now--because she would kinda be stringing him along). So he probably knew for quite awhile too...

Well I can't say I will ship Hawick/YM anytime soon (if ever...well give me some time maybe) especially since I haven't seen any cuteness between them at all. But I will definitely post about it if it happens in the future I guess!
    Last edited by mango_cake; 01-08-12 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    LOL at that last part. Add Hu Ge into the mix then. Someone actually joked that they should all just go form a "HG/FSF" forum and commiserate there together (while plotting the demise of Hawick/YM I imagine ). And the idea actually got really popular! I need to check out that forum soon, it has the potential to be almost as hilarious as the FeiMi (i.e. LYF/YM) stuff I think. This is too funny, before some FengMi shippers were like, "we hate HG" while GeMi shippers were "we hate FSF"...now everyone is: "At least HG/FSF is better than Hawick!!! Let's pray they break up soon and one of HG/FSF will be there to comfort YM after her breakup..."

Anyways, I don't know, I feel like FSF must've known about this. Apparently, even the producer for HMY (i.e. FSF's movie) said that he knew about it for awhile...therefore I can't see FSF not knowing. Also it would be kinda mean for Yang Mi to not tell him (I might actually seriously stop following Yang Mi if it turned out FSF just found out about this now--because she would kinda be stringing him along). So he probably knew for quite awhile too...

Well I can't say I will ship Hawick/YM anytime soon (if ever...well give me some time maybe) especially since I haven't seen any cuteness between them at all. But I will definitely post about it if it happens in the future I guess!
    mango_cake: Again, i apologize for bringing you and others into this craze and only to be met with disappointment. I, myself, can't ship them together yet. I think after this crazy shipping, I never want to get too absorbed into another celebrity couple. I take them way too seriously and just focus on the onscreen chemistry. But, I'm still happy I met you! Hopefully, we can still chat about our take on dramas.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    To be honest I can see why she kept it secret--it could turn out pretty bad for her career...a lot of the FengMi shippers are very bitter towards her now and some are saying they will only support FSF from now on.
    Actually, it sort of baffles me why Yang Mi fans would abandon her simply over whom she chooses to date. Stars have a right to choose whom they love just as much as we have a right to choose which celebrity to adore. Whether Yang Mi dates FSF or Hawick Lau does not change who she is. I guess I'm just a very confused person, because I also don't understand why some fans would stop loving an artist once that artist is dating or married. Whether the actor is single, seriously involved in a relationship, or married should have no bearing on his/her talent and his/her likability as a professional.

so everyone is an actor? i thought hmy producer also shipped them? even nicky walked away from them (when all three won an award together) because he was joking about being the third wheel. not many people can keep secrets that big. if everyone in the entertainment business knew about it, it would have leaked so much earlier. i truly wonder how many people knew or else why be cruel and push fsf and ym together all the time?

i'm on board with fsf/huge...not because i want hawick and ym to break up (well, maybe a little so hu ge can comfort ym and fsf can comfort hawick). i have a feeling that if this is real, the reason we haven't seen any cuteness is because of ym who believes relationships should be hidden from the public eye. if it's real then this relationship is more serious and more private. any cuteness now will drive the fengmi shippers mad.

i am with you on this one. i hope ym has been honest to fsf all this time. he deserves the truth.

melanie, a lot of the fengmi shippers may not have been ym fans prior to the fengmi craze. they were likely fsf fans who also liked ym because of fsf, or fans who enjoy the artists chemistry but not them as individual actors. or some are so invested in the possibility of this pairing that they can't deal with reality. oh well, ym will definitely suffer to some degree because of this. then there are fans who want their celebrity crush to stay single just in case, just in case there's a slight possibility that they have a chance with their celebrity crush.

then there are fans like me who have always been more of a ym fan than fengmi fan. i don't care who she dates as long as the guy is good to her and as long as she's not the third wheel.
    Last edited by patricia n; 01-08-12 at 03:55 AM.

It baffles me too since I follow american fandom and I never get this type of reaction from friends yet you constantly hear of fans becoming bitter at the thought of their idol dating henceforth you don't see a lot of asian stars admitting their relationship status compared to hollywood stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Actually, it sort of baffles me why Yang Mi fans would abandon her simply over whom she chooses to date. Stars have a right to choose whom they love just as much as we have a right to choose which celebrity to adore. Whether Yang Mi dates FSF or Hawick Lau does not change who she is. I guess I'm just a very confused person, because I also don't understand why some fans would stop loving an artist once that artist is dating or married. Whether the actor is single, seriously involved in a relationship, or married should have no bearing on his/her talent and his/her likability as a professional.
    To be fair, people who genuinely liked Yang Mi for herself (like most of us here) do continue to support her and defend her. It is probably mostly people who were FSF fans in the first place, or equal fans of both, who are angry at YM now (because they only started being a fan of hers in the first place due to her association with FSF).

So, I really can't fault them for being mad at her since in their view, she is the one who "wronged" FSF so-to-speak (not that I agree with it) and/or shattered that FengMi fantasy in their minds. Again, people who actually call themselves "Mi Feng" (i.e. YM's fans) are being quite supportive of her from what I can see. ^_^

Edit: patricia beat me to the explanation!

JoleCole: again, don't be sorry! I had such a blast following them these past months, I never knew why people were so into celebrity gossip but now I understand (it can be so much fun ...even if I feel a bit like a stalker LOL ). It also helped me find out more about Yang Mi (since before I only watched a few of her dramas, but recently I actually watched her interviews etc. and realized what a hard-working, intelligent, and humble girl she is). As a bonus it improved my Chinese a LOT (from reading the forums/news/etc). And made me more knowledgeable about the Chinese entertainment industry in general. So, lots of take-aways.

(Although I'm still not sure how I will react to FSF/YM's next appearance together...perhaps I will just go into "it's-all-a-publicity-stunt"/conspiracy-theory/denial-mode during those times, haha. )
    Last edited by mango_cake; 01-08-12 at 03:51 AM.

It seems a lot of their respective co-stars know about their relationship already. Hawick's co-star, Zhang Meng from Beauties Without Tears, and Ying'er from Sealed with a Kiss. Seems like Yuan Hong know a bit too...

patricia n and mango cake :

Yea, I sort of figured out that the angry fans are FSF fans and only liked Yang Mi by association. Poor YM. She has my sympathies. Nonetheless, even knowing that the upset people are really FSF fans, the whole concept of being angry at a person you don't even know (YM) because she supposedly "wronged" another person you also don't know (FSF) is a bit extreme and rather...funny...or disturbing, depending on how you want to view the situation. How can people get so worked up over something that is really none of their business? To be disappointed that your favorite onscreen couple is not also an item off screen is understandable, but to be so angry to the point that you'll now dislike or hate him/her is another thing. I'm wondering if the emotionally labile fans are preteens who don't have anything better to do than get angry at a stranger's business. I think I would be rather offended if YM, for example, wrote on weibo about how much she dislikes me now because I didn't accept so and so and ended up dating so and so. The first thing on my mind would be . Then I would laugh and shake my head at the amount of free time YM must have to care about my affairs, when she doesn't even know who I really am as a person. So good for YM and Hawick Lau for coming forth with their relationship. A relationship should be cherished, not hidden like some dirty, shameful thing. Fans come and go; she'll gain more fans in time, even if some leave her for FSF.

Anyway, I'm just a hopelessly confused person, but thank you ladies for trying to explain to me why there are so many upset fans fuming out there tonight. I think I'll mosey on over to my Wallace Chung thread now.

Chen Sicheng has confirm Hawick & YM...but somehow, "WeiMi" doesn't sound good...
    陈思成:2012.1.8谁说地球会毁灭?这明明是恋爱的季节。222双鱼B的我注定和2有缘 。今天 @杨幂 @刘恺威 终于说出爱,祝福送给属于春天的"紫曦",生活里你是个正好相反绝不物质并一爱便会投入全部的女孩,今天也 是‘北爱’在2爱台浙江卫视首播的日子。巧合只因为我们都有爱!2012爱下去!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4af9831bjw1dov5o88bbnj.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

Hi everyone!

I posted here a few months ago! Hahah.
    Ive been stalking the thread quietly since gong and bleh the news of Hawick and YM dating hit me like a bomb.
    I'm such a fengmi fan, till the extend i stalk baidu, here and the blog you guys made for fengmi!
    I have to admit, im still in denial... I think this whole thing is a publicity stunt for Ruyi... Since they are both from Mei Ah, its not impossible to pair them up just for the show, since Fengmi craze is so hot now, Fengmis wouldnt like to see Mimi with other actors and all... Like in Symphony of fate,... they were so angry over chishuai. I mean Hawick must be buddha or something to not get jealous over FSF and YM being so touchy all the time... And like the event on 22 dec, imagine Hawick seeing FSF and YM tgt... in front of him... Or like on tv when Fengmi is always teased as a couple. I always thought:"Either YM and FSF are really great actors, that they can convince fans like me to think they are together all the time, or they must have sth on." I honestly used to think Fengmi themself were acting all like that.... just for promo... And it was just another publicity stunt. But the more i looked at it, reading what you guys posted and all, i believed Fengmi was real. So yeah it really will take a whole lot of my soul to believe that Hawick and YM is REALLY dating. And since YM said she will never reveal her relationship and i don't think shes the kind that will ever... do so even if shes deeply in love. If YM is so into keeping her relationship private, and didnt wanna show any fun with Hawick on promos and all, unlike when shes with FSF, so that she won't break fengmi fans hearts, then im really wondering why did she ever admit to the relationship, especially when fengmi hasn't even died down yet!

Oh well, its gonna take me a long while to accept YM and Hawick... And i promise i'll never take couple shipping seriously ever again. I went to Fengmi's baidu bar again today, and i honestly felt all their pain!
    Sigh

Forgive me if i made any of you angry, cause i just had to say this all out! HAHAH. SORRY!

But oh well, i shan't dwell on it. If Yangmi and Hawick are really together, i shall send my blessing! Since im also, more of a Yangmi fan than FSF.... but yeah, FSF and YM together, made me love them both more!

Anyway, sorry for my blabbering again! Forgive me, if what i said didn't made sense, or made you angry!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Chen Sicheng has confirm Hawick & YM...but somehow, "WeiMi" doesn't sound good...
    陈思成:2012.1.8谁说地球会毁灭?这明明是恋爱的季节。222双鱼B的我注定和2有缘 。今天 @杨幂 @刘恺威 终于说出爱,祝福送给属于春天的"紫曦",生活里你是个正好相反绝不物质并一爱便会投入全部的女孩,今天也 是‘北爱’在2爱台浙江卫视首播的日子。巧合只因为我们都有爱!2012爱下去!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4af9831bjw1dov5o88bbnj.jpg')
    xiaolong, what's your take on the situation? why don't you think "weimi" sound good? Gosh, somehow I wish it was ChenMi than WeiMi...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    xiaolong, what's your take on the situation? why don't you think "weimi" sound good? Gosh, somehow I wish it was ChenMi than WeiMi...
    I still haven't had time to watch Sealed With A Kiss, so my impression of Hawick remains from Feng Chuan Mu Dan, hence I also wish it's ChenMi (Chen Sicheng & YM) *hide*

But yeah, I'm kinda shell-shocked. So Hawick & YM have been dating for the past 2 months? (see http://www.chinanews.com/yl/2012/01-08/3588558.shtml) I'm still wondering about those candid photos of FSF with YM's parents at the airport back early last year. Somehow, from my experience in stalking celeb romances, candid airport shots are pretty good indicators. True, the photos were of FSF with YM's parents, not with YM. But still...

I know cynics have said the whole Hawick-YM dating situation is revealed to hype up publicity for Ru Yi. But I don't get the feeling they are the types who would "admit" to dating if it's just a publicity stunt.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-08-12 at 06:37 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Melanie---fans is short for fanatics. We can't explain their behavior when it borders irrational. so i cannot explain why fans would detest artists when their dream pairing doesn't work out. I can understand why fans hate certain artists because of bad personalities or hate them for their fast track in the entertainment industry despite lack of talent, but we just have to accept the fact that fans are fanatics...crazy at times. So perhaps you should be gkad that you don't understand certain fans' actions.

Anyhow, here is a teasr trailer for ruyi. Hope it has not been posted yet. It looks ridiculously gorgeous. I also hope all of the best scenes weren't included in the trailer or else we may have nothing memorable to watch.

the trailer is 2 minutes long and it looks like it will end at around 30 seconds, but just sit through the first break. there are 2 breaks where it looks like that the end of the video, but it continues after the 3 seconds breaks.

Last edited by patricia n; 01-08-12 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I'm going to become a Hawick's fan. ROFL. I'm looking forward to most of his dramas recently....
    Actually, let me correct myself. I'm more of a big fan of his father, Lau Dan. My gosh, his father's portrayal of Hong Qi Gong in TVB Legend of Condor Heroes is unbeatable to this day! Love his dad! My good impression of Hawick only changed after watching Sealed with a Kiss when he convinced me he could act well.

Compared to Hawick/Yang Mi dating news, I'm more curious about Lau Dan meeting Yang Mi. Man...what a sight to behold. I've been hearing about Hawick on and off since mid- 1990s, but I still can't picture Hawick with YM for some odd reason since I always associated them coming from two very different worlds - Hong Kong versus Beijing. I think I'm more shocked by YM+Hawick pairing than FengMi not hooking up.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 01-08-12 at 03:51 PM.

i guess i've always assumed that hawick and ym are of different generations, so it is odd that they paired up. but hawick looks very young for his age (thanks to botox) so they don't look odd together. but when i read hawick's post and ym's loosely translated interview, their personalities seem very compatible. both seem calm and collected and have this quiet excitement about their relationship. both are very low key.

i understand the fengmi craze, but fsf is also much older than ym. isn't he only a couple of years younger than hawick? but the difference is much more marked since hawick came out arond the same time as louis koo whereas fsf starred in a series with raymond lam. so although the age gap between fsf and hawick is but a few years, their generation status is on two different levels. so i guess it seems more natural for ym to pair up with fsf (well that plus gong was a big hit, and fsf saved ym's career) than hawick.

yes, i agree with you. lau dan is the best hong qi gong ever! so hard for me to picture lau dan as hawick's dad but when i saw pictures of lau dan in his 20's, i defintely see the resemblance.

on another note, here are ym and hawick's friends' reply to the news which i copied and pasted from this link:
    http://celsius-thoughts.blogspot.com...ms-theyre.html

Qi Wei: Look, you two announce your relationship, I get @ like crazy...thanks everyone for your concern, don't worry about me. This betrayal in my harem, first time 'round it's foreign, second time 'round I'm used to it, I have experience, besides people have to be open minded: I fervently send my blessings, adding a song: If love forgets, tears don't want to fall, those blessings, let him reach it for me.
    Gao Hao: Mi Sis, Support the bravery of you two, wish you and my big bro, Hawick, happiness!
    Tang Yan: 2012's first post is my blessings to you guys! My beloved mi, I admire your bravery and our determination to find true love. We said before that we need to be happy...now you have Hawick to take care of you, very free from anxiety now. There's a saying that women in love are most beautiful so please remember the you right now is is most beautiful....enjoy the sweetness that belongs to you guys, treasure it, must be happy! Now I want to begin singing: sweet as honey...
    Cherry Ying: Send my blessings to Hawick - Yangmi love
    Tong Li Ya: The color of happiness can be seen, this happiness is witnessed by everyone. Love, needs this kind of courage...in this turmoil world, being able to simply love what I want to love is an extravagant wish, sincerely full of admiration. Xiao Mi, Hawick, continue to love...my blessings to Yangmi, Hawick.
    Liu Shi Shi: Aiya, aiya~ I got burst by bubbles of happiness! blessings, blessings, in sweetness!
    Dong Xuan: Blessings! Happiness forever!
    Ada Choi: Must be happy! Fully support! Being in love is most valuable! (Now that you've gone public, you can freely hug and kiss in the streets! Treat her well!) Congrats congrats!
    Myolie Wu: Congrats, you two!!!
    Yuan Hong: Congrats, a couple in happiness
    And much much moreeeee!!!