Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Cover of COSMO Bride: (what a lovely wedding cake topper! )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i40.tinypic.com/2j5z2f4.jpg')

Wider shot of the previous pic I posted a few pages back:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6410952cjw1dp59s9i30jj.jpg')

These two pics are stunning (especially the second, love her side profile--someone made a black&white avatar of just her head and she looks just like an old Hollywood princess, very reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn...) so I was quite looking forward to the rest of the photoshoot but unfortunately I don't really like it much. They overdid it with the heavy makeup, covering up her naturally pretty features.

Complete scans: (For full-size scans see the Baidu thread here: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1376334090)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/71d2a0c1gw1dp4ijbxxmoj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by snowyjasmine View Post
    I'm probably one of the few that has never really doubted what YM says about her looks. One, considering how gorgeous she used to be, I don't believe that she would purposely make herself "uglier". Not saying she's ugly now, but her looks definitely took a huge downturn between CP3 and now. Also, YM just doesn't seem to be the type to change her looks like that. Personality wise, I can't see her going through with it. Besides, the fact that her parents and even GRANDPARENTS have vehemently denied the PS rumors so many times makes it all the more difficult for me to doubt her. No faker could be that persistent.I have to say, I miss YM's old looks so much. She was truly beautiful. Oddly, in 2011, the past year, where she shot to fame, her beauty really deteriorated in my eyes. Even in JCSS which wasn't too long ago, she still retains some elements of her jawline and other features. But in the past year, I think she definitely did something with her teeth, as her smile now is odd, and I think that's what affected her jaw. Biggest pity in my point of view. The years haven't been kind to her. Those recent pics of her with Hawick though are quite pretty. That upswept hairstyle with the bangs positioned nicely is the right kind of hair for her.Sidenote: I haven't been posting because the new layout's been absolutely horrid to me. I can't get things formatted the way I want them, and to reply to a thread I have to wait a long time for the reply page to load properly.
    Yeah, I think weight fluctuations and especially her teeth have a lot to do with it...I think I remember her saying that she's had braces several times. It's unfortunate because I think out of the many actors she was one of the few that was blessed with naturally good teeth (well, looking at her childhood pics perhaps she had a bit of an overbite, but I think she grew into it later on). A bad idea to mess with a good thing... >_< Sigh...

I've heard a bunch of people saying they have trouble with the new layout--that's unfortunate, I hope it gets fixed soon. It seems to be ok for me on both IE9 and Google Chrome, not sure which browser you're using?
    Last edited by mango_cake; 01-18-12 at 08:29 PM.

Yang Mi's interview I mentioned yesterday is taking a long time to upload (should've just left it running overnight!) so in the meantime I'll post a few more cute gifs. They are actually doing a series of features on 5 popular celebs in 2011: Yang Mi, Feng Shaofeng, Mickey He, Tang Yan, and Qi Wei (I almost typed "Tang Wei" there, haha...oops!). YM's was the first one; FSF's just aired today so I'll upload that for any FengMi/FSF fans out there. I'm looking forward to TY and QW's features as well!

More of FengMi at Sina Weibo event: (not seen before in previous videos)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/8e17a01egw1dp6q9a3m49g.gif')

I feel better for buying into the whole FengMi thing because even Yang Mi's parents were fooled and got caught up in the craze...LOL. In the feature her dad once again mentions that sometimes they tell YM, "why don't you just marry him" and apparently she just scoffs at them, "you guys have watched too much TV!" Funny enough, recall that both YM/FSF have done interviews with "Fei Chang Jing Ju Li" (i.e. "Up Close")--well recently they put together a special "sad-goodbye-FengMi" episode chronicling their "relationship" with clips taken from their separate interviews...ROFL. Clearly they are pretty big FengMi shippers as well...

Also here are two cute YM-only gifs from that interview:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/8e17a01egw1dp6qla4hywg.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/8e17a01egw1dp6r205t7vg.gif')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 01-18-12 at 08:52 PM.

Yang Mi Interview (FSF interview hopefully will be up as well...)

Not sure if the audio is sync or not since YT said so, but when I skimmed through it - it seems fine. Any problems, please note. =)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/66561831jw1dp7laqlqubj.jpg')

Lol, I always wondered why YM decided to get braces done to fix her jawline. I guess it's probably due to the fact that "oval" faces are considered more beautiful, but she rocked the jawline. It complemented her features very well and added a sort of Audrey Hepburn-esque ingenue quirkiness. And somehow strange, but she looks less "exotic" now. lol.

I always feel like her look feels much more "current" now (as in, what sort of beauty ideals are currently favoured in Chinese media, such as big eyes, small oval face, etc) , except that unlike a lot of modern beauties her look is more 耐看.

Quote Originally Posted by ice_mountain23 View Post
    I always feel like her look feels much more "current" now (as in, what sort of beauty ideals are currently favoured in Chinese media, such as big eyes, small oval face, etc) , except that unlike a lot of modern beauties her look is more 耐看.
    This one of the things which annoys me most about what's considered beautiful in Asia. It's rather pitiful how there's a list of universally accepted beauty features, especially in terms of eyes (size, lid and general shape), so girls would try and attain that, however against nature. In contrast, diversity is more celebrated in the Western world. Saying that, Photoshop and skinniness (Christina Hendricks notwithstanding) is universal too.

Back on topic, I'm rather blase about YM's new face shape/jaw line. I really don't notice it that much. As long as she keeps a side part/fringe and not that horrid central one (like in Gong), I'm happy ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ice_mountain23 View Post
    Lol, I always wondered why YM decided to get braces done to fix her jawline. I guess it's probably due to the fact that "oval" faces are considered more beautiful, but she rocked the jawline. It complemented her features very well and added a sort of Audrey Hepburn-esque ingenue quirkiness. And somehow strange, but she looks less "exotic" now. lol.

To be fair, she first had her teeth extracted due to the demands of the director for a movie role. After that she was left with 4 very evident gaps in her mouth so she had to get braces (probably to move up her back teeth to fill in the gaps). Unfortunately since she had pretty good teeth to begin with, I think the removal made her jaw/cheeks more "sunken in"/not as youthful. But since she said she got braces more than once, and her jaw keeps changing gradually, I wouldn't be surprised if later on she did choose to modify her teeth again in an attempt to achieve that "ideal oval face". Still, I don't call her current face shape anywhere near "oval", as it is definitely not as "pointy" as the "perfect guazi" face (for example like TLY does).

Anyways I personally find slightly rounder face shapes more attractive than pointy faces (e.g. the three Chinese actresses I've always felt were the most beautiful--YM, LYF, and Shui Ling--all have more "round" faces).

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    To be fair, she first had her teeth extracted due to the demands of the director for a movie role. After that she was left with 4 very evident gaps in her mouth so she had to get braces (probably to move up her back teeth to fill in the gaps). Unfortunately since she had pretty good teeth to begin with, I think the removal made her jaw/cheeks more "sunken in"/not as youthful. But since she said she got braces more than once, and her jaw keeps changing gradually, I wouldn't be surprised if later on she did choose to modify her teeth again in an attempt to achieve that "ideal oval face". Still, I don't call her current face shape anywhere near "oval", as it is definitely not as "pointy" as the "perfect guazi" face (for example like TLY does).

Anyways I personally find slightly rounder face shapes more attractive than pointy faces (e.g. the three Chinese actresses I've always felt were the most beautiful--YM, LYF, and Shui Ling--all have more "round" faces).
    Poor girl! When did she have her teeth removed?

Rounder faces generally age slower than oval faces. Besides, she has a small face and her face wasn't really that 'round' to start with. She's a real beauty from her childhood pics.

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Yang Mi rings in the Year of the Dragon with this lovely photoshoot: (for FengMi fans, be sure check out the FengMi Chinese New Year post on the blog...just like their Christmas photoshoots, FengMi manage to match almost perfectly despite shooting separately! O_o)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/2vamg49.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i41.tinypic.com/qz3eiu.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/if61w9.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/2ptncyc.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/2czypdx.png')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/214o6yc.png')

(Oh, btw, apparently Yang Mi turned down the invite to the CCTV Chinese New Year gala because the many rehearsals clashed with her busy schedule... So we won't be seeing her this year! On the other hand, FSF did end up accepting the invite but he'll be singing with a few other celebrities. I wonder if CCTV originally intended FengMi to perform together, if both of them had accepted the invite? I would've died watching the show if that were the case...although perhaps with the recent Hawick reveal, them performing together would've just been awkward, haha. So maybe it was for the best!)

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    Poor girl! When did she have her teeth removed?

Rounder faces generally age slower than oval faces. Besides, she has a small face and her face wasn't really that 'round' to start with. She's a real beauty from her childhood pics.
    It was back in 2007 for the horror/thriller movie "Door" (directed by Li Shaohong; she starred opposite Chen Kun in the movie). I've probably said this 100x already...but that was SO unnecessary, lol... T_T

She looks really pretty, and rather fresh - except for those eyebags! Her face looks really oval though, and her assets are so prominent despite wearing a very casual red dress in the third pic, lol.

Wow, I haven't been here for sometime and sooo much seems to have happened! Not that it's a fantastic shock to me since I've never been a FM shipper in the first place but anyhow, congrats to YM on finding love because she seems to yearn to date & marry. I don't know how Hawick is like in real life but he seems quite a decent guy and anyhow, I trust YM to be capable enough to handle her own romantic affairs since she's an intelligent lady. Just hope she doesn't have to bear too much backlash from all the FM & FSF fans as she's already suffered enough backlash & cold-storage treatments etc. for other stuff in the past.

May the new year be one filled with more good news on YM's acting projects!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

CCTV is showing the new year show right now (watched by billion of people) and FSF turned up for a short interview just now. He said he's happy to be here so that he has a chance to spend the new year with his relatives. The male host asked him is that person Yang Mi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor FSF said no, with his parents.

How could the host ask that question!! The lady host corrected him right away and said that's old news. Humm, I think this will be wide spread pretty soon....

apparently, ru yi will premiere next week? if so, then we finally get to see hawick and ym's chemistry. series looks very old school qiong yao reminescent of the 80's taiwanese series, but i am actuallly looking forward to it despite disliking qiong yao's sappiness.

opening song mv and ending song mv are included in the link below.

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/01/...ere-next-week/

opening

closing/ending
    Last edited by patricia n; 01-25-12 at 05:18 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Thank you patricia. Looking forward to Ru Yi. Perhaps there will be a happy ending???

Quote Originally Posted by tobeme View Post
    CCTV is showing the new year show right now (watched by billion of people) and FSF turned up for a short interview just now. He said he's happy to be here so that he has a chance to spend the new year with his relatives. The male host asked him is that person Yang Mi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor FSF said no, with his parents.

How could the host ask that question!! The lady host corrected him right away and said that's old news. Humm, I think this will be wide spread pretty soon....
    That was completely unnecessary and silly of the host. >_> And yes, so outdated too. Joke's on the host, I suppose.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn_N View Post
    Thank you patricia. Looking forward to Ru Yi. Perhaps there will be a happy ending???
    Yes, it should have a happy ending, even though I heard YM gets disfigured and Hawick becomes blind.

See, one happy family
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-b0Yc-XOnGTE/Tw_MLiOpJkI/AAAAAAAAB28/MkmB1k4k7zM/s1600/9653b38fa0ec08fa3b5c62e859ee3d6d54fbdaf5.jpg')
    Need to stop being lazy...

what the heck? what a twisted happy ending. how the hell does hawick's character become blind? i guess ym's biological mom in ruyi disfigures her? how did you find out about this spoiler?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    what the heck? what a twisted happy ending. how the hell does hawick's character become blind? i guess ym's biological mom in ruyi disfigures her? how did you find out about this spoiler?
    I'm not sure about the accuracy of this spoiler but I read it on a Chinese forum. We'll find out soon enough.
    Need to stop being lazy...