Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

it's so rare to see GeMi fans now-a-day
    Life is such a rush. Every step I take, I must remind myself to slow down and enjoy the scenery along the way.Happiness is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Has anyone found download links for HFCQ yet???

In the meantime here are screencaps people posted on the chinese forums: (Funny enough, since YM has similar hairstyles in both her series airing right now, some people are saying it feels like Ru Yi time-travelled to Warring States era to be Ru Ji, rofl. )
    Everything she does is related to Palace I hope she would get pass that label. I'm not saying that Palace is bad, but I have seen her in way better dramas and she still has a long road ahead of her. I don't want to see her get ties down by Palace.
    Life is such a rush. Every step I take, I must remind myself to slow down and enjoy the scenery along the way.Happiness is simple.

are you kidding me? sunnysnow, mango_cake, and i are huge gemi fans!
    anyhow, ym looks beautiful in han clothing...her face looks very sweet with that natural make up look. i hope this series does well this summer.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    are you kidding me? sunnysnow, mango_cake, and i are huge gemi fans!
    anyhow, ym looks beautiful in han clothing...her face looks very sweet with that natural make up look. i hope this series does well this summer.
    maybe I'm used to hang out with the wrong crowd

well, gemi is a dying breed unfortunately, so it's no wonder you can only find solace on spcnet where the rare gemi fans still gather. =)
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I wouldn't call it a "dying breed"! In fact GeMi is still quite popular in the baidu forums. (I think I mentioned it before but GeMi actually went up in popularity after YM/Hawick was announced! Most GeMi have just become far less vocal/went into hiding since GeMi haven't collaborated in so long, HG/YM's other ships became more popular, and there was a lot of animosity between the HG/YM forums for awhile due to the TR/YM fiasco--so a lot of GeMi decided to just keep quiet.) I think most YM fans support either GeMi (especially the older ones) or FengMi (many of the newer ones)...or both (like me, heheh). Hawick is actually quite unpopular in the YM forums (there were rumours recently that YM and Hawick would be costarring together in a movie soon, and most people were praying that it was false, ROFL). Most YM fans tolerate Hawick because of her and refrain from saying anything bad about him, but would much rather see her with HG/FSF.

Quote Originally Posted by ByStander View Post
    Everything she does is related to Palace I hope she would get pass that label. I'm not saying that Palace is bad, but I have seen her in way better dramas and she still has a long road ahead of her. I don't want to see her get ties down by Palace.
    I agree but I actually think YM has been pretty lucky in that regard! Well, it's probably due to the fact that she's had roles in a variety of other projects (including some that were quite popular as well) so she actually hasn't been type-casted (which often happens in cases like this). People do often make comments related to Gong but often it's in a light-hearted/joking way...and besides time travel in general is so popular in China now that everyone makes time-travel jokes about everyone and everything! (Even actors who haven't acted in any time-travel dramas.) Personally while I dislike time-travel dramas themselves, I find the jokes hilarious.

it's so rare to see GeMi fans now-a-day
    There are some lurking around like me

I wouldn't call it a "dying breed"! In fact GeMi is still quite popular in the baidu forums. (I think I mentioned it before but GeMi actually went up in popularity after YM/Hawick was announced! Most GeMi have just become far less vocal/went into hiding since GeMi haven't collaborated in so long, HG/YM's other ships became more popular, and there was a lot of animosity between the HG/YM forums for awhile due to the TR/YM fiasco--so a lot of GeMi decided to just keep quiet.) I think most YM fans support either GeMi (especially the older ones) or FengMi (many of the newer ones)...or both (like me, heheh). Hawick is actually quite unpopular in the YM forums (there were rumours recently that YM and Hawick would be costarring together in a movie soon, and most people were praying that it was false, ROFL). Most YM fans tolerate Hawick because of her and refrain from saying anything bad about him, but would much rather see her with HG/FSF.
    I couldn't find any other GeMi fans anywhere except for the baidu forum and here. :/
    I wish GeMi fans would speak up because maybe, just maybe, they will be able to collaborate again if there are enough votes. Like the casting for Xue Jian in Paladin 3 four years ago. I became Yang Mi and Hu Ge fans not long ago so I have no clue about the whole fiasco, but I heard that it was terrible. Oh well, I'm glad to hear that there are more GeMi fans than I thought

As for Hawick and Yang Mi dating, I was blown away by the news also. But as long as YM is happy, I'm happy. The thing with YM and her relationship is that it tense to be backward. Like she said in multiple interviews, she would only get nervous around her lover and idols so I think that's why she doesn't seem to be very active about holding hands, etc. with Hawick like she does with FSF. I guess maybe people find this couple unconvincing therefore Hawick is so unpopular with YM fans. ^^

I agree but I actually think YM has been pretty lucky in that regard! Well, it's probably due to the fact that she's had roles in a variety of other projects (including some that were quite popular as well) so she actually hasn't been type-casted (which often happens in cases like this). People do often make comments related to Gong but often it's in a light-hearted/joking way...and besides time travel in general is so popular in China now that everyone makes time-travel jokes about everyone and everything! (Even actors who haven't acted in any time-travel dramas.) Personally while I dislike time-travel dramas themselves, I find the jokes hilarious.
    Honestly, I don't like any time-travel dramas because it has an unrealistic factor to it, but that's just my opinion. I hope that YM will move on to Wuxia dramas and movies because I'm dying to see her as a hot, kick-butt assassin

Honestly, I don't like any time-travel dramas because it has an unrealistic factor to it, but that's just my opinion. I hope that YM will move on to Wuxia dramas and movies because I'm dying to see her as a hot, kick-butt assassin
    I agree! Well actually, I have sort of come around to the time-travel idea and now I think it has potential. *Maybe* it could be good if done right...but to be quite honest, I've given a few time-travel dramas a try and none of them have come close to making me interested, so I am kinda glad the Chinese television authorities banned it. It was getting a bit out of control with everyone getting ready to jump on the bandwagon.

Anyways, I guess a lot of us are disappointed that YM won't be participating in XAJH (would've had so much potential *sigh*) but at least we will get to see her kick some butt in her movie "Da Wudang". And also as a fierce heroine in her Mulan movie which is set to begin filming soon.

In other news it seems like Yang Mi has finally lived up to her promise that she will slow down a bit and get more rest. After her recent 2-week Chinese New Year holiday, Yang Mi is having a pretty relaxed February--she's taking another week-long break at the end of the month and only doing various promo activities/photoshoots etc during the rest of the month. She won't be starting filming again until March (when "Mulan Qi Yuan" is slated to begin production). Once again, I am glad that she's finally slowed her pace a bit after going crazy non-stop from 2009 through to the end of 2011...but at the same time, I am impatient and want to find out ASAP what other projects she has lined up, lol! XD

ym should be ryy...but i guess even if yu zheng offered her the role, she would have declined given how much she plans to rest this year. and it's not as if yu zheng can really afford her anymore (well, afford her, and wallace and joe chen). but the female leads in xajh are huge let downs.

i honestly feel that hawick is a very handsome man...always thought he was and still think he is significantly better looking that fsf. it's just fengmi have sizzling chemistry and i wish ym has that with hawick on screen. otherwise, i hope ah mei does not push hawick and ym to star in a movie just to milk their relationship. if anything, it will turn people away from this couple. anyhow, i hope it's not hawick who will be starring in butterfly cemetary with ym (she is still starring in that movie, right?).

ym should be ryy...but i guess even if yu zheng offered her the role, she would have declined given how much she plans to rest this year. and it's not as if yu zheng can really afford her anymore (well, afford her, and wallace and joe chen). but the female leads in xajh are huge let downs.

i honestly feel that hawick is a very handsome man...always thought he was and still think he is significantly better looking that fsf. it's just fengmi have sizzling chemistry and i wish ym has that with hawick on screen. otherwise, i hope ah mei does not push hawick and ym to star in a movie just to milk their relationship. if anything, it will turn people away from this couple. anyhow, i hope it's not hawick who will be starring in butterfly cemetary with ym (she is still starring in that movie, right?).
    Yeah I know, Yu Zheng got me sooo excited when he announced the male leads...then the female leads come out and, meh. My anticipation for the drama got cut in half. T_T (Shame, what a waste of all the great male eyecandy, heheh.)

Personally, in ranking YM's three big ships (well I wouldn't even call Hawick/YM a "major ship" lol...but he does have "official" status! ) I think that in terms of looks, it's Hu Ge > Hawick > FSF. But in terms of onscreen chemistry, it's FSF > Hu Ge >>>>>>>> Hawick. Lol. Funny how that works...

Anyways, there are actually conflicting reports about YM and Butterfly Cemetery. Latest news is that they are going to start pre-production soon so either way hopefully we'll get more news about it. But actually, to be honest I don't really care if YM is starring in that movie or not...it sounds like a scary thriller movie, which I would still watch (whereas I totally avoid horror movies like "Mysterious Island") but not-that-willingly. Lol.

thriller??? oh then i hope she doesn't do butterfly cemetery. i can't handle gory or horror movies or movies that deal with the supernatural (unless it's a comedy).

thriller??? oh then i hope she doesn't do butterfly cemetery. i can't handle gory or horror movies or movies that deal with the supernatural (unless it's a comedy).
    Well, as I understand it the original novel which the movie is based off of is a suspense-thriller-type story. However, then we got the confusing news report awhile ago which classified "Butterfly Cemetery" as a "romance flick". So who knows.

Either way I don't really care if YM is still starring in that one or not--what I am more interested in is the remaining movie Mei Ah had planned for her--"Princess Turandot". Especially if the rumours were true and John Woo is the one directing it. It's supposed to be filmed in the second half of 2012 and I really hope Yang Mi is still slated to star in that one, because it's totally the kind of movie I think I'd love, hehe. (But if so they really better get a good male star, and no I do NOT mean Hawick...lol. patricia I'm with you on hoping Mei Ah doesn't take it too far and start pairing them up in movies.)

i thought butterfly cemetery was the same thing as princess turandot

i thought butterfly cemetery was the same thing as princess turandot
    Oh! Nope, they're two different movies, quite different in genre!

Anyways, YM's fourth (and last) music vid has just been released, for 不是秘密的秘密 ("A Secret That's Not Secret"). It is in the same vein as her "Yi Xiang Ji" MV (i.e. uber cutesy style, where YM looks really fresh and pretty ^_^). It's basically a tribute to her fans, "mi feng", as pretty much the whole video is her going on a discovery hunt for little bees, lol.

I would call her album a success just from all the lovely photoshoots and cute music vids we got out of it, heehee. XD I can ignore the singing...

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post

Anyway, JoleCole, I'm definitely marathoning Sealed With A Kiss by this week. So after Feng Chuan Mu Dan and Ru Yi, the only way is UP for Hawick in my drama books.
    I'm pretty sure you would like SWAK . I always thought that this drama brings some freshness compared to some other dramas I've watched in the past.

I would call her album a success just from all the lovely photoshoots and cute music vids we got out of it, heehee. XD I can ignore the singing...
    She looks really cute and bubbly in the MV. I know most people here really dislike her voice but I've been listening to her album and is starting to really like quite a few of her songs from this album.

Rumors say YM will leaving Mei Ah by the end of this year. Some speculate she will switch over to HuaYi, but accordingly to the "higher echelon" of her fans with ties to YM's agents, YM offended HuaYi with her public relationship with Hawick, which burst the FengMi bubble. Consequently, they unilaterally terminated their original strategic plan with her. Someone said her next management company still won't be a mainland company. Maybe it's Emperor Entertainment Group? I think they're resourceful and powerful enough to land her lucrative advertising projects like Coke Cola.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 02-10-12 at 05:38 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

I have been a silent reader of this thread for a long time and now I'm actually happy to see GeMi shipper here