Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Heehee! Wow, some fans have really sharp eyes! And here's another one of FSF holding his precious phone... (bad quality, and I really dislike his styling at this event, but who cares when we get so much FengMi adorableness?)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/54247b3egw1dkbdwbvkbej.jpg')

And what's funny about FSF's weibo post is, first he only posted the smilies (no picture). Then he deleted that post and posted the new one with the "heehee" smilies PLUS YM's picture! Not sure if he forgot to attach the picture the first time around, or if he initially decided to be more secretive but then just thought "screw it, I'm going to post it if I want!"

Oops, did I say I was done with my fangirling? Not my fault, I am already restraining myself as much as possible! There's just too much more good material out there! See I may seem crazy to you guys, but that's because there's so much FengMi goodness I managed to stop myself from posting, so occasionally (alright, it's not that uncommon) I can't help having an outburst!

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post

Oops, did I say I was done with my fangirling? Not my fault, I am already restraining myself as much as possible! There's just too much more good material out there! See I may seem crazy to you guys, but that's because there's so much FengMi goodness I managed to stop myself from posting, so occasionally (alright, it's not that uncommon) I can't help having an outburst!
    Mango_cake, please write to your heart's content about FengMi. I have been rather slow in updating my fengmi's blog, so please i'm depending on you!
    Need to stop being lazy...

I love seeing jane zhang and yang mi together. I used to like seeing lss and ym together but i no longer care for lss. Also, jane and ym are both very talented in their respective fields, so it is great to see great artists mingle las casual friends. Ruby looks good at the award show too, based on the pictures of her hair and dress. Anyone have a picture of her with a front/head shot at the show? Ym looks beautiful. I have to say, initially, i did not like her wirhout bangs. Maybe she is styling her hairbetter or maybe i am getting more used to it, but her hair has been looking great on her.

And mango cake, i prefer to hear ou fangirling away.
    Last edited by patricia n; 08-20-11 at 01:06 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Haha ok I will be sure to keep contributing to JoleCole's FengMi blog! ^_^ I just don't know where to post...YM thread? FSF thread? Gong thread? (I try to split it up among the three so none of them get overloaded!) Ok well there was this one adorable interview of FSF recently, so maybe I will post details of that one in his thread tomorrow. :P

For anyone interested, here is the full set of pictures of many celebs who attended the event: http://bagua.ifensi.com/article-432916.html

It includes Ruby, Nicky, Lu Yi, and Eva Huang among others...and one of FSF...but his boots, jacket, shirt, and hair are pretty bad IMO so I'm not posting it here. Lol.

patricia, here are 2 more pics of Ruby:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/1zmkqic.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/2jepl42.jpg')

And ChineseChik, I think you wanted one of Nicky? (Gotta say...he looks pretty hot in modern styling! So unlike his styling in BBJX--sorry, I just think he's another one of those actors that suit modern style MUCH MUCH better than ancient style, especially half-bald Qing style.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/9gzme8.jpg')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-20-11 at 01:32 AM.

And what's funny about FSF's weibo post is, first he only posted the smilies (no picture). Then he deleted that post and posted the new one with the "heehee" smilies PLUS YM's picture! Not sure if he forgot to attach the picture the first time around, or if he initially decided to be more secretive but then just thought "screw it, I'm going to post it if I want!"
    lol.. i remember from one of his interview before.. he said somethings like.. before 'Gong' he just post anythings he like on weibo. but now he have to be very careful what he post and even give himself some time to check if its ok to post it or not..etc etc... so forgot to attach the pic in the first time has less possible. since he have some time to check what is missing on the post .. so its more likely he thought "screw it, i m going to post it if i want!" LOL

i m so curious about what YM's reaction would like after seeing FSF post her pic on his weibo. lol
    maybe somethings like. "whats in the world you think you are doing idiot?" lol.

anyway thanks for all the updates .. its good to see fengmi together again..
    Last edited by kinchowong; 08-20-11 at 11:22 AM.

And ChineseChik, I think you wanted one of Nicky? (Gotta say...he looks pretty hot in modern styling! So unlike his styling in BBJX--sorry, I just think he's another one of those actors that suit modern style MUCH MUCH better than ancient style, especially half-bald Qing style.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/9gzme8.jpg')
    oooh yay! haha thank you very much
    and don't worry, i totally agree. he looks so much better with hair!

Quote Originally Posted by kinchowong View Post
    i m so curious about what YM's reaction would like after seeing FSF post her pic on his weibo. lol
    maybe somethings like. "whats in the world you think you are doing idiot?" lol.

anyway thanks for all the updates .. its good to see fengmi together again..
    Heehee...yeah at first fans were very disappointed when info came out that FengMi would not be sitting together, but even when they're so far apart they still manage to give us all these goodies! XD Haha, and FSF is definitely the worst when it comes to leaking stuff in his weibo. I remember a weibo post he made back in March:

你又抽什么风!我承认,这句话是我听过的最销魂,最甜蜜的话了
    "What are you doing, 'chou feng' again!" I admit, this phrase is the most enchanting, most sweetest thing I have ever heard
    (Note: "Chou feng" loosely translates to "went crazy" and "had an outburst" due to uncontainable feelings. The phrase he used for "enchanting" here actually literally translates to "losing my soul", i.e. when something is so enrapturing that it causes you to "lose yourself" to it.)

We don't know for sure who he's referring to in that post but it certainly seems like YM's style of speech. And goes along with what she's said a few times--about how FSF is a very free-speaking person (will just say whatever he's feeling) while she is more rational/logical, so she often has to forcefully hold him back. ^_^ Apparently she even used the exact phrase "chou feng" once in a talkshow (saying FSF always "chou feng" and she has to tell him to contain himself), but sadly that interview was never aired. >_< (However, fans who attended it leaked out the info.)

After that, often in FSF's weibo posts when he seems especially happy (most of them actually don't seem to relate to YM though) he'll add at the end, "I've 'chou feng' again!" (As if he's just asking to be scolded! )

It totally seems like he's doing this on purpose to tease and provoke YM, lmao...she's probably like " *facepalm* What am I going to do with him...can't even scold him anymore because he just thinks it's 'sweet/enchanting' and it'll just encourage him to leak even more things!" Gotta say he has found a pretty good way to deal with YM and counter her attempts at keeping him in line.

Anyways to keep this more on-topic, someone just posted a still of "old" YM! Apparently this was actually from a long time ago (in the "An Xiang" series where she had a small role opposite HXM) but I've never seen it before. The makeup artists did a very realistic job! So funny...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/o7lxmg.jpg')

What I don't get is, why did the organizers have FengMi apart at this event? Shouldn't they know sitting FengMi together would actually attract tons of publicity and viewers? It's strange...

I was confused too...especially because in the days leading up to the event, they kept using FengMi as a major advertising point to get people to tune in. Maybe there was some sort of specific seating arrangement they had to follow...and I guess after fans know the two of them will both attend, it doesn't matter if they're seated together--people will watch anyways.

Or, maybe the organizers are just psychic and knew that we would be treated to a different type of FengMi cuteness than if they were beside each other (e.g. we definitely wouldn't have gotten FSF posting YM's cute pic on his weibo!). After all, it is still pretty suspicious that they seated both of them directly opposite one another... ^_^

Maybe they are afraid that having fengmi sitting next to each other would cause too much distraction from the award ceremony? That the cameramen would focus a bit too much on fengmi's interaction and lose bits and pieces of the ceremony? I mean, they were using fengmi to lure in audience so they already know what people want to see. They just didn't want to give it to you because they had to focus on the other stars too.

And yikes! Old ym is not a beauty!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Ok, so after typing this all up I realized that I'd gone from initially just making a quick reply to patricia, to veering off into another long "gushing about how everyone ships FengMi" post. *facepalm* Everything these days just reminds me of yet another cute FengMi-related item...

So, to get back on topic I bring you guys another YM pic from today, taken while on set of the movie she's currently filming:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/528cb432jw1dkczd1ifdqj.jpg')

And a series of cute ads for a clothing line called EMINU: (I think they were taken awhile ago but only released recently?) It's VERY long so instead of posting it in the thread I'll post a link (make sure to zoom out to full size!):

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/8104d06djw1dkccaa4ngkj.jpg (I especially like the last outfit with the bright yellow.)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    Maybe they are afraid that having fengmi sitting next to each other would cause too much distraction from the award ceremony? That the cameramen would focus a bit too much on fengmi's interaction and lose bits and pieces of the ceremony? I mean, they were using fengmi to lure in audience so they already know what people want to see. They just didn't want to give it to you because they had to focus on the other stars too.
    Hehe, maybe! It was so funny too--the official weibos of the event organizers as well as Lux (the sponser?) kept posting news updates of the event, e.g. the stars walking the blue carpet. When FSF came down alone, the organizers posted: "Red carpet. FSF arriving. Where is Yang Mi?" The Lux weibo also posted, "FSF finally walked onto our blue carpet, welcoming him was a ton of interviewers' microphones; but how come we don't see Yang Mi?" And right before the event started, Lux posted up a pic of YM's empty seat (with her name written on it) showing Chen Shu and Lu Yi's seats beside her (note Lu Yi apparently left early on into the show which is why YM's agent took his seat later on), with the text: "To answer the questions of a large number of fans, we went to check out the setting...the answer is revealed, FengMi's seats are not next to each other." I guess many fans then continued to ask exactly where FSF was sitting, so Lux then posted: "FengMi's seats are 'gazing at each other across the stage'".

see what I mean about everyone in China being a FengMi shipper these days? XD (Makes me feel less crazy; this real-life-people-shipping is still new to me and I sometimes feel like it's an invasion of their privacy...but I just cannot resist!) Funnily enough, even CCTV, the official TV station in China, is a total FengMi shipper! I think I mentioned the subtle bits they did before, but awhile ago they were SUPER OBVIOUS in a news piece they did on Yang Mi--during her DMGD celebration press conference, they asked YM for her opinion on many of her male costars.

http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/58593733-1537031857.html

Yang Mi actually just gave pretty generic, professional, media-tailored answers to all of them but it's hilarious how biased CCTV is!

First they show two of her series as a kid; obviously YM doesn't remember her male costars much! Then there's a quick section on HG...I have to laugh at how anti-GeMi CCTV seems to be: "After growing up YM's representative series was CP3 with HG, but the two did not have much chemistry. When talking about him, Yang Mi only briefly and lightly touched upon him." Then CCTV sticks a big "NOT FAMILIAR/STRANGERS" caption on the screen. Despite the fact that, in the interview, what YM actually says is simply that they haven't seen each other in a long time, but they did have lots of fun working together.

Then CCTV goes into full-blown shipper mode and starts posting clips of FengMi in the HFCQ/MingYun press conferences + HFCQ series clips (please let this be a sign that CCTV is broadcasting it soon?!). All while saying: "In 2010 YM and FSF started to work together...FSF became the most important male costar in Yang Mi's life...the two became the most popular onscreen couple." The big caption they put for FengMi is, "FAMILIAR/HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING". When in reality, YM jokes "Aren't you guys sick of seeing us together repeatedly?", then goes into full-out "let me crush the FengMi rumours" mode, saying: "Actually our personalities are very different, some of our opinions we can never agree on! Really the most familiar/understanding things we say to each other are our onscreen dialogue. We do really have a lot of familiarity onscreen."

Then they ask her if she feels jealous after FSF praised LYF (his Hong Men Yan costar) at the movie's press conference awhile ago (info was posted in his thread). However, I actually have to thank this reporter for asking such a ridiculous question! Because her answer is rather suspicious...now wouldn't you expect YM to answer something like, "Why would I be jealous, we're just friends." EXCEPT SHE DOESN'T SAY THAT. Instead YM goes, "Yes, I saw that [interview]."--so she's been paying attention to all his news, huh?!--"Nah, I won't be jealous, because actually me and Liu Yifei are good friends; including now, we still have very good relations; *cute laugh* So, who cares what he says? *giggles*"

Hmm...really now? Doesn't that sound more like the way she would answer about a boyfriend rather than just a mere friend?? The reason she's not jealous is because he's just praising one of her good friends? Anyhow, then they ask her about Tony Leung and Nic Tse (male actors she will work with/would like to work with), but again it's very brief.

Oh CCTV, way to be obvious...the segment on FSF was practically longer than all the other guys combined! And they seemed to totally disregard YM's positive comments about HG/neutral comments about FSF, seemed like they were going "Lalala we're only hearing what we want to hear and interpreting everything you say in a FengMi light!" And here I thought CCTV was supposed to be the more unbiased, straight-laced TV station, not a gossipy station!
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-21-11 at 01:06 AM.

Anyways to keep this more on-topic, someone just posted a still of "old" YM! Apparently this was actually from a long time ago (in the "An Xiang" series where she had a small role opposite HXM) but I've never seen it before. The makeup artists did a very realistic job! So funny...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/o7lxmg.jpg')
    Wow kudos to the make-up artist, YM actually looks convincingly old! I wonder whether this is how she'll look like in another 50 years.

On a side note, YM looks absolutely stunning in that white gown for the Lux event. I notice she's been looking more and more elegant, classy and womanly for her public appearances this year. Really like that gown she donned and her hairstyle!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/x4onxy.jpg')

Yang Mi talking with Jane Zhang

Heehee, there is actually a whole series of pics someone took of YM/Jane happily chatting together (looks like it was taken at the same time as the video I posted on the previous page).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/78616bb4gw1dkd2bgpihrj.jpg')

A relatively new still from RuYi (that I just never got around to posting):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/lv2c0.jpg')

And finally, as mentioned before another super fangirly FengMi post in FSF's thread: click if interested

You can tell in their last pic together that they were talking about rings....i wonder if ym wants fsf to buy a diamond ring as large as the ruby( ?) that jane zhang is wearing.

Gotta run to fsf thread to read up on fengmi.

You can tell in their last pic together that they were talking about rings....i wonder if ym wants fsf to buy a diamond ring as large as the ruby( ?) that jane zhang is wearing.
    Hahaha...you just know FSF is not going to skimp on that...YM will probably be too embarrassed to wear it! I remember YM once posted a weibo (back in March) displaying a pic of a present she received from someone (which she does every so often). I guess FSF couldn't hold it in any longer because he reposted it and added: "...Just saying, I gave you so many presents, how come you never brought them out to show?" (Do I sense a hint of jealousy? Haha...don't worry FSF, I'm sure she keeps all your precious presents hidden safely where she can secretly enjoy them herself! ) We do already know from the ChaoJi interview that he gave her an expensive necklace for her birthday back when they weren't even that good friends (which he tried to casually brush off as "oh it was nothing", lmao), and on Happy Camp he said YM keeps telling him (jokingly) to buy her expensive stuff...so I wonder what all these other presents have been? ^_^ Hmm...

Anyways, posting all this YM/Jane, YM/Hawick, and YM/FSF stuff reminds me of a cute "10 YM ships" collage someone made: (Look who's front and centre! Only complaint I have is, what about YM/YH??? )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/720cc4c8gw1dkcd274aqhj.jpg')

Ok back on the proper topic! Scans of a cute magazine spread YM did--she really has a very versatile look, the styling here is very different from her red carpet looks--makes her seem like a cute high school teenager! (Not sure how recent but I only just saw it...)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/8104d06djw1dkd1qri260j.jpg')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-22-11 at 12:08 AM.

Anyways, posting all this YM/Jane, YM/Hawick, and YM/FSF stuff reminds me of a cute "10 YM ships" collage someone made: (Look who's front and centre! Only complaint I have is, what about YM/YH??? )
    Aw, YH/YM not in the collage Problem is they were never properly paired up, even in their CCTV serious drama (Shang Shu Fang). YM's popular pairings come from the idol dramas - CP3, Gong - where she's properly paired with the No.1 lead male. YM/Hawrick are there as a result of even stronger interest in her projects post-Gong. Another missing pairing is HXM/YM as they weren't properly paired in An Xiang either.

that's true! i didn't notice it until you pointed it out. yh/ym at least deserve a space on the collage. i'm also waiting for them to have a legitimate pairing collaboration.

that's true! i didn't notice it until you pointed it out. yh/ym at least deserve a space on the collage. i'm also waiting for them to have a legitimate pairing collaboration.
    Well, their LUX mini-movie is suppose to come out tomorrow But you never know in this business - airings always get delayed for some reason or another.

is mini move the same thing as a short film (aka 7 minute clip)? if so then that's still not legitimate to me. =P