Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    ^ Yup, YM's fans have apparently decided they are going to pretend YM is taking a long vacation in the next few months. The reason for this being, apparently she is filming that movie with Hawick in March, and THEN is going to film this upcoming TV series also with him. (To the extreme disappointment of most of her fans who hate Hawick, ROFL. It is hilarious that I actually had to go to Hawick's baidu forum to find news of this TV series, because it appears YM's fans are boycotting it. In fact, the one post related to it in YM's forum was a few days ago with someone posting a "warning" to all YM fans that one of their worst nightmares was coming true, and everyone proceeded to start ranting on about it. )

But I probably will go along with the "pretend vacation" thing too...one reason being, I bet her fans are not going to bother with any news related to Hawick (it still makes me LOL at how they avoid it like the plague...) so I probably won't hear about most of it in the first place. And second of all, both projects sound completely boring--typical modern-day romance story etc. (The plot of the TV series is something like, after a few years of marriage this girl discovers her husband is cheating on her so they get a divorce; some rich guy proposes they get married for political-type reasons so she agrees, since she is all disillusioned with love...and I bet the cliche thing happens where then they fall in love blah blah blah...lol.) I'd probably check it out if she were paired up with an actor I loved (e.g. the way I sat through MingYun for FengMi despite it being otherwise super dull) but if it's Hawick again...ehhhh, not interested. (Fortunately I have lots of other series/movies to occupy my time instead. )

I hope this is the last of their onscreen collabs--I don't really care if they're dating in real life (as long as they're happy) but there is no need to keep pairing them up onscreen, especially when it's a pairing that doesn't exactly work. This may be partly Mei Ah's doing since Hawick is also managed by them now and they are supposedly the ones producing the TV series--with most of the cast also being their artists (hence people accusing them of using YM's popularity to boost up the popularity of their other actors...). To be honest, if YM HAD to collaborate with Hawick in a TV series, I wish she would've done so in "Night of Spring" as that one is a costume series more to my taste (plus she could've worked with Yuan Hong again! Apparently she was offered that role first but she turned it down so it went to TLY...who I love too, but if I had a choice it would definitely be "Night of Spring" over this cliche-sounding modern series).
    Gotta agree with you and those fans! I'm avoiding the Ym/Hawick pairing like a plague too. I'm perfectly fine with them collaborating with other people, but just all them together! Cuz their onscreen chemisry is just REALLY LACKING. I gotta admit, the modern TV series they're doing definitely has some attractive bits (SWAK director/scriptwriter), but Hawick/YM combo ruin it for me.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Gotta agree with you and those fans! I'm avoiding the Ym/Hawick pairing like a plague too. I'm perfectly fine with them collaborating with other people, but just all them together! Cuz their onscreen chemisry is just REALLY LACKING. I gotta admit, the modern TV series they're doing definitely has some attractive bits (SWAK director/scriptwriter), but Hawick/YM combo ruin it for me.
    Yeah man, I totally cannot fangirl Hawick/YM in real life bcos their first onscreen collaboration majorly STANK! And it's gonna stick to my mind and plague all future collabs.

I really don't think it was a good idea for them (or anyone) to announce/confirm their dating status. It's sooo not fun anymore following news on her offscreen life now.
    I ship Shi-Harem

^ Good thing I usually fangirl actors/actresses for their acting/onscreen characters/pairings (FengMi was an exception but that's over with so I'm back to onscreen fangirling, lol ), because yeah, I'm not really paying attention to YM/Hawick at all.

Actually I don't think it was a bad idea for her to announce her dating status (as someone pointed out before, all her dating rumours/supposed "boyfriends" was kind of getting out of hand, so at least the Hawick announcement put that to rest and made people stop speculating constantly on who she was-or-was-not dating). And she doesn't have to go to so much effort to hide it anymore. (And it certainly put an end to the feud between two large factions of her fans--the GeMi and FengMi shippers, LMAO!)

What I DO think was a bad idea, was for them to continue to collaborate so much after the announcement. (For one thing Ru Yi started airing right after the news broke, and now a movie + drama is coming soon after. It's a bit much for her fans--a lot of whom are GeMi, FengMi, or just anti-Hawick. ) It wouldn't be as bad if, you know, they actually had one iota of onscreen chemistry...but as it stands, it seems like this movie/drama is doomed for box office/ratings failure. (Which, I admit, I am selfishly hoping for, lol. Because then maybe they would stop pairing YM up with Hawick in projects. )

It wouldn't be as bad if, you know, they actually had one iota of onscreen chemistry...but as it stands, it seems like this movie/drama is doomed for box office/ratings failure. (Which, I admit, I am selfishly hoping for, lol. Because then maybe they would stop pairing YM up with Hawick in projects. )
    I'm wickedly wishing for the same thing! Devilish me! Until they prove to me they have convincing onscreen chemistry, I'm not going to root for them.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Another version of Bride with White Hair?
    Maybe it's for the upcoming 白发魔女传 produced by Nicky Wu. Official leads (so far) include Nicky himself as 1st male lead, Wallace Huo and Ma Su.
    @横店影视城娱乐频道新浪机构认证:#白发魔女传#将于4月下旬开机,该剧由#吴奇隆#的北京稻草熊影视与 凤凰传奇影业联合出品,男主角卓一航由吴奇隆出演,女主角目前保密。在刚闭幕的电视节目春推会《新白发魔女 传》宣传画册显示,主演阵容有吴奇隆、霍建华、马苏。但演员资料是早些时候提交上去,后因为明星档期等原因 ,现女主角另有人选

YM posted this pic 10 or so minutes after Hengdian's announcement.

白发魔女呦~虽然只是个局部呦$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/40/cool_org.gif')~吼吼吼$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/19/heia_org.gif')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/19/heia_org.gif')~
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/473df571jw1drgmbteqzpj.jpg')

LOL at Hengdian's reforwarding: 胡歌后宫团挖墙角的太多了,冯叔挖女的就算了,吴四爷,你也别老盯着白豆腐啊~$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/19/heia_org.gif')
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

^ I may be wrong, but I think that pic is for her Tian Xia 3 promo (the videogame)--the weibo thing with Nicky's movie being around the same time was probably a coincidence. Timing-wise, it's highly unlikely YM is in that movie--though I wouldn't mind if she did end up being the secret female lead (especially since Wallace Huo is in it!), although I'm not exactly a Nicky fan (don't dislike him either, just neutral towards him...and a YM/Nicky pairing seems weird but I guess they could make it work?).

She does have a few highly rumoured upcoming movies though--and if rumours are true, a press conference for one of them should be held shortly. All of them sound quite promising so I'd be excited if any of them end up being true! A few do sound like they have a high likelihood of being real, but because these movies are so good at keeping things secret...I'll wait for official confirmation before posting it here.

LOL, since I have been following Hawick's work more than Yang Mi's so I don't know about her fans disliking their onscreen pairing. Tbh, I always have problem with Hawick's choices of roles and dramas. I find him more expressive and charming in aggresive and rebellious characters, as a result, he also has more chemistry with his leading ladies in those dramas. However, most of his dramas, his roles tend to be nice (dull, boring) and caring (indecisive, weak) types of guys, those characters bother me a lot but I still toture myself watching it because I like him.

When the news of him and Yang Mi relationship broke out, I was amused. The question that how on Earth did Hawick manage to make her fall in love with him (Yes, I like him but the fact she is a new superstar and he is only a hardworking dude plus 12 years older than her is obvious like daytime) kept appearing in my mind. Then I was excited for their new drama Ru Yi, frequently playing the 2 min trailer to see if the spark was there (somehow, somewhere). My excitement got killed when I watched every episode by fastforwarding and still understood what's going on (just to prove how slow and boring the drama was). I gave up around ep 20 something, couldn't be bothered to know if they got their happy ending or not. I wouldn't blame it for their chemistry, I was more disappointed on the drama because it was so bad written and two main characters hardly had any depth.

If in new drama, even though the overall story sounds typical, Hawick's character could be like Deng Chao's in "Rich man poor love" and Yang Mi playing strong woman, then I think their chemistry may have some hope lol. But whoa, I didn't know that they also filmed a movie together. I shall wait and see

----

V mango_cake: poor old Hawick, tough love lol
    Last edited by applexu_114; 03-29-12 at 07:32 AM.

(P.S. speaking of the movie rumours, I still can't get over how hilarious the YM fan reactions are...it's gotten to the point where their first reaction is, "I don't mind what it is as long as what's-his-face is not in it!" I think most of her fans are getting pretty sick of her collaborating with FSF so much too--although I'm sure they prefer him over Hawick--there was one rumour about a movie which said the male lead has been tentatively set as FSF, and the production team were considering inviting Hawick as well. Fan reactions:

- "Can I start swearing now?"
    - "First I see F...then I see H...I have no words."
    - "Just wondering, are there no more men in China anymore?! Apart from F and H..."
    - "Before when I saw news of a new project my first reaction was to be happy. Now my first reaction is to be nervous."
    - *facepalm*

LMAO... Well for their sake I hope that rumour is false--although personally I wouldn't mind FSF (though I would also rather someone new...Hawick, on the other hand, can go off and film something else, please and thank you! ). But actually it might be pretty funny seeing a FSF/YM/Hawick triangle onscreen (well, extremely awkwardly funny... )

But actually it might be pretty funny seeing a FSF/YM/Hawick triangle onscreen (well, extremely awkwardly funny... )
    :rofl: I would definitely watch out for that if it were true-I'd want to see BTS as well.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Wth. 2 new films with Hawick??

(P.S. speaking of the movie rumours, I still can't get over how hilarious the YM fan reactions are...it's gotten to the point where their first reaction is, "I don't mind what it is as long as what's-his-face is not in it!" I think most of her fans are getting pretty sick of her collaborating with FSF so much too--although I'm sure they prefer him over Hawick--there was one rumour about a movie which said the male lead has been tentatively set as FSF, and the production team were considering inviting Hawick as well. Fan reactions:

- "Can I start swearing now?"
    - "First I see F...then I see H...I have no words."
    - "Just wondering, are there no more men in China anymore?! Apart from F and H..."
    - "Before when I saw news of a new project my first reaction was to be happy. Now my first reaction is to be nervous."
    - *facepalm*
    I totally agree with all of them. I am totally sick of seeing YM with FSF AND Hawick and there are seriously sooooo many other hotter & better actors out there which YM SHOULD be working with, instead of being stuck with the same old boring co-star. It's stifling watching her with the same person again and again and worse still when the production is a crappy one. Darn, I too feel like swearing now!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/8903fe15tw1drej5isxv3j.jpg')

Just throwing it out there, what about Hu Ge? since everyone is sick of the other two pairings and many people are longing for this pairing... It's the perfect solution

Does anyone have any info on Butterfly Cementary and the other movie (can't remember the name ) or are those totally cease from existence??
    Life is such a rush. Every step I take, I must remind myself to slow down and enjoy the scenery along the way.Happiness is simple.

I dream of HuGe and YangMi collaberation everyday

Quote Originally Posted by ByStander View Post
    Just throwing it out there, what about Hu Ge? since everyone is sick of the other two pairings and many people are longing for this pairing... It's the perfect solution

Does anyone have any info on Butterfly Cementary and the other movie (can't remember the name ) or are those totally cease from existence??
    I used to really ship GeMi. However, I've sorta lost my liking for HG over the recent years so am not really crazy over seeing them together anymore. Nonetheless, I certainly wouldn't object to another GeMi collab; definitely prefer them over FengMi or YM+Hawick.

Wise Fool

I actually wouldn't mind watching Hawick-YM onscreen again IF they are in a love triangle with FSF! OMG, that would be such a riot, hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by applexu_114 View Post
    It seems like Yang Mi would be back to dramaland soon. I heard Harwick Lau and her were going to co-star together in a new drama "盛夏晚晴天". This drama will have the same writer as SWAK and Harwick is the producer. Hopefully this drama would not be disappointing like Ru Yi
    Looks like the trend is now towards actors producing their own series? Ruby Lin, Chen Sicheng, FSF and YM herself have done it. Now it's Hawick...
    Last edited by xiaolong; 04-01-12 at 03:09 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I used to really ship GeMi. However, I've sorta lost my liking for HG over the recent years so am not really crazy over seeing them together anymore. Nonetheless, I certainly wouldn't object to another GeMi collab; definitely prefer them over FengMi or YM+Hawick.
    I guess that's because we don't hear much from him anymore. Just like how I feel with Ady An, she just kind of drift away... nevertheless, I still like HG and still hoping - everyday - for another GeMi collab.
    I find it funny that all the actresses that had has work with HG became famous but he is still where he was. Maybe he's a lucky charm
    Life is such a rush. Every step I take, I must remind myself to slow down and enjoy the scenery along the way.Happiness is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ByStander View Post
    I guess that's because we don't hear much from him anymore. Just like how I feel with Ady An, she just kind of drift away... nevertheless, I still like HG and still hoping - everyday - for another GeMi collab.
    I find it funny that all the actresses that had has work with HG became famous but he is still where he was. Maybe he's a lucky charm
    Not so much that I don't hear from him much but he seems to appear somewhat less attractive as of late, esp in his press conf pics for Xuan Yuan Jian & Da Mo Yao (really tired & gaunt looking..or maybe its the weird makeup?). Just my opinion, no offense to HG fans

Wise Fool

Posted before?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/keUqK.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/hWjZ2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/CSghy.jpg')

I haven't seen those pix of ym. She looks cute and fresh in them, but i 'm assuming that they are older pix because of the bangs? Anyhow, what is going on with ym these days? I try to look up her news but since i am not chinese, i get really bad translations of various artiles online. The only thing i heard or understood was that love in the bluff has done really well so far.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Yup those are older pics, dunno from what though (i wasn't really actively following YM back then haha). But I agree, she looked really cute back then! ^_^

Anyways sorry about the lack of updates, been preoccupied with other stuff (Titanic re-release! Hunger games! XD) so I haven't been doing as much Asian drama/actor/news stalking, hehe. But I'll take a quick look tonight and see what YM has been up to lately.

As for HG, his looks have deteriorated though sadly I think that's mostly due to his car accident which he never fully healed from. I actually lost a bit of interest in him in recent years too but it's mainly because he hasn't been in any dramas that interested me, and l've been distracted by other actors, lol. But, he's still one of my faves and I'd of course love to see GeMi again.