• Ok

39 39.00%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Of TVB Today

Banned

Default What Do You Think Of TVB Today

What Do You Think Of TVB Today

Banned

I would like to start first vote for suck ...

Too many suck actting and old actor/actress playing ...

i dont think its that bad but many of the series are very similar nd there isnt anything new

It's the worst Tvb year ever.

Banned

I think TVB should close bussiness ...

if tvb closes business what should cantonese drama fans watch? korean drama? that sucks even more. i almost smashed my tv when i try to watch korean drama "stairway into heaven " (title something like this).

just curious, do you guys watch tvb dramas in cantonese and do you understand cantonese? because i don't enjoy it that much when i watch them in other languages or just try to understand by reading subtitles.

i find the cantonese dialogues in tvb dramas are still very entertaining, if you don't understand cantonese, then i think it is not justified enough to say tvb sucks. of course if you understand, i respect your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by momoko
    if tvb closes business what should cantonese drama fans watch? korean drama? that sucks even more. i almost smashed my tv when i try to watch korean drama "stairway into heaven " (title something like this).

just curious, do you guys watch tvb dramas in cantonese and do you understand cantonese? because i don't enjoy it that much when i watch them in other languages or just try to understand by reading subtitles.

i find the cantonese dialogues in tvb dramas are still very entertaining, if you don't understand cantonese, then i think it is not justified enough to say tvb sucks. of course if you understand, i respect your opinion.
    I think TVB is okay, there are some series that are really well written and acted out, but some ideas are getting old and also, acting quality may not be as good as it used to be lets say, 20 years ago.

I agree with the TVB business closing down thing, I mean, its not even the problem with what would Canto TVB fans watch if there were no TVB series anymore. But its that people in HK who go through a lot of stress from work, school and family need this kind of lighthearted, sometimes stupid entertainment to wind down. Some series are really pointless, but why do people still watch them? It's like comic relief from life.

I watch TVB dramas in Cantonese because it's my mother language, and really, to understand the Canto humour, you really need to understand the slang and jokes. It's not as good, in my best guess (although I have never watched one in another language), if you are watching dubbed versions because some jokes and humour will be cut out.
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi

Quote Originally Posted by hkgirl129_
    I watch TVB dramas in Cantonese because it's my mother language, and really, to understand the Canto humour, you really need to understand the slang and jokes. It's not as good, in my best guess (although I have never watched one in another language), if you are watching dubbed versions because some jokes and humour will be cut out.
    well said, i couldn't have expressed it better. you need to understand the cantonese slang and jokes before one gives a fair opinion of tvb. and yes, many scripts are still captivating enough, in fact, i find some are even better than the older shows, more twists.

oh, there is one thing i couldn't stand, did you notice too many love relationship development involve the guy piggy back the girl? goodness, it seems that all shows have this part, is too old!!

it sucks compared to the "golden age".

i think tvb is okay right now

and honestly, you've opened countless threads and polls about how much tvb sucks and how it should close business...i think we all get the point by now.

if tvb closes business...what would hk viewers watch? that's not practical, and it certainly isn't bad enough to close business

and by closing, you're gonna lose a lot of potential actors who were never given the chance to try and shine

so i think you should be less extreme, but again it's just ur opinion and ur entitled to it, but i just think that you've opened many of the same threads/polls
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

Quote Originally Posted by alecforever815
    i think tvb is okay right now

and honestly, you've opened countless threads and polls about how much tvb sucks and how it should close business...i think we all get the point by now.

if tvb closes business...what would hk viewers watch? that's not practical, and it certainly isn't bad enough to close business

and by closing, you're gonna lose a lot of potential actors who were never given the chance to try and shine

so i think you should be less extreme, but again it's just ur opinion and ur entitled to it, but i just think that you've opened many of the same threads/polls
    oh i see, is always the same person who put tvb down to such extreme.

funny, if a person dislike something so much, then why bother to spend so much time in that forum. just like i dislike korean drama, so i rarely go to that forum.

I'd say.. TVB still deserves an ok.. At least they still produce some decent series like, Golden Faith, Revolving Doors of Vengeance etc etc.. plus, I don't mind the old actors at all.. kinda develop a liking to them because I've been watching TVB series since young.

Smile

It's still ok for me coz there's a mixture of old and new tvb stars.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

Default i think TVB hasn't been as good

Hello,
    I use to love TVB drama's they were sooo good the plot, the characters the actors just the whole package. But now...it's gone sooo repetive and just boring like the story line is great but the actors are bad. And is it just me? Why are TVB drama's soooo PREDICTABLE? it's like i can predict wat's going to happen next.
    Usually TVB drama's start off like this:
    Guy and Girl - hates each other but ends up together
    Guy and Girl - loves each other but isnt' rite break up but end up together
    Guy and Girl - like each other but isn't rite they go with someone else.
    It's always the same thing again and again....
    I'm more into Korean Drama's now, and yes they can also be repetitive but i dunno at least the actings a lot better. I remember watching a TVB Drama don't remember wat's it called but the female charactor was supposed to cry but she didn't even have any tears! It was sooo fake!!! But in contrast Korean actors are a lot better at acting.
    Nevertheless, i think TVB Drama's are okay they just need to improve in some areas.
    Bye!!!

i agree that the korean actors are better in crying scenes, that is the selling point of korean drama.

i also agree the relationships in tvb are usually predictable, and always love triangle, or love rectangular, but usually tvb plots have a lot extra besides relationship, their main focus is not solely relationships.

Default TVB nowadays

I don't mind TVB's comedic modern series. What I really miss watching from TVB are those big budget kung fu ancient series that they used to have. TVB hasn't made a real kung fu series in a while. Their more recent ancient serials have all been comedies. Comparing the modern series produced by TVB to those from Korean, I rather watch the korean series. They have new and different stories. Not to mention, their actors/actresses all look better and can act better than most newer actors/actresses from TVb.

I don't like some of their endings, they are too rushed and predictable. Apart from that and despite some of the cliches they do produce some really good series and I still enjoy them. I went for ok.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 11-20-05 at 06:59 AM.

i hate the endings of some of the series. they're too rushed which ruins the whole series if it was good.
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

Banned

I think tvb should close business and open some other to make money produce movie now suck ... economy down everyone dont want to waste money watching suck series

Default They need to improve!

Hello,
    KesiTinh I think it's a bit harsh to say that TVB should close down hehe i think they juts need to improve in a few areas. Like the endings are soooo cliche and boring and the actings not that great either...but some of the story line isn't that bad and i agree that some in not most Korean Dramas' base too much on romance. I think if TVB improved in those areas they'll produce some realli good series. ^_^
    ByE