Jack Wu
    Charmaine Li
    Selena Li
    Derek Kwok

Guest stars:
    Yuen Wah
    Stephen Au

Producer:
    Chong Wai Kin 莊偉建 ( A Step Into The Past, The Legend Of Love )

Synopsis
    Leung Tsan (Yuen Biao), a cook and a disciple of Wing Chun Master, Wong Wah Po (Yuen Wah), just wants to earn enough money to marry his sweetheart, Cheung Kin Hei (Maggie Siu). Just when his dream becomes possible, he becomes a suspect in the murder of a Manchu martial arts expert when he flees the scene with Ping Yi (Charmaine Li) whom he accidentally met. His master sends him to his classmate, Leung Yee Tai (Bryan Leung), in Foshan for safety. Determined to return to marry his fiancee, he begins his own investigation into the murder.

Hearing rumors that Tsan may have fled to Foshan to avoid marrying her, Hei and her herbalist father soon follow. But because of her forthright actions and outspoken ways, Hei ends up having to agree to a fake temporary marriage with the powerful and rich old merchant, Mr. Chan, in order to save herself from a lustful villain. Mr. Chan dies soon after the wedding, leaving her a widow. Determined to help Mr. Chan’s family, she stays a while longer to run his business and later, to help reform his delinquent son, Chan Wah Shun (Timmy Hung).

His investigations lead Tsan to Mr. Chan's businesses and he tries to find work there. He becomes a cook for the Chan family and is shocked to find Cheung Kin Hei there, married. Misunderstandings arise. Tsan continues to investigate. Tai, an official, befriends him and tries to keep Tsan clear of the case. A beautiful Manchu princess (Selena Li) meets Tsan and after a series of misadventures, decides she wants a closer acquaintance with him. Unknown to him, the murder is tied to the corrupt dealings of a very high government official. After the truth is finally revealed, he has to find a way to win his sweetheart back again because of all that has happened.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-09-09 at 05:50 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Hi, to anyone who has watched epi 9-10 and is knowledgable about martial arts,

Do u know what kind of martial art is Derek Kwok's character using? I don't mean the one where he can absorb hit impact and disperse it, but the one he use for attack. He holds his fingers in a very strange way and he tend to shake his body a little(once) when getting ready for fight/posing his stance. Also, the last moves when he fall on th ground remind me of fighting style I see in drunken master movies.

Thumbs up

Was he the Manchu prince? Well, it seems to me like those praying mantis type. But I don't know the name of the art. I don't know if it's the same as another art where they can let their "chi" travels to different parts of the body so, one can't hurt their "chi".

Anyways, who is your favourite kung fu actor here? Mine will have to be Yuen Biao although I enjoyed the drama very much because most of them have real life art. But too bad the ratings are quite poor. Only hanging around mid 20s.

Yes. It's really disappointing that this series get so low ratings. This series is so much better than Wong Fei Hung - Master of Kungfu, but WFH can get over 30 pts while this series only get 24 pts. I guess the 'si lai' in hong kong just like to watch cute guys and comedy series. Wasted all those finely choreographed fight scenes.

In terms of fighting, my favourites are Leung Ka Yan, Lau Ka Fai and Jack Wu. Leung Ka Yan and Lau Ka Fai look so cool and powerful when they fight. As for Jack Wu, I just find his sissy fighting style funny. Yuen Biao was awesome when I saw him fight in some older movies, when he was still young. But in this series, he didn't seem that impressive. I think Leung Ka Yan and Lau Ka Fai outshine him. Maybe as his character learn more martial art techniques and he can show more stuff, he will be more impressive.

In terms of characters, my favourites are Leung Yi Tai (Leung Ka Yan) and Siu Fu Yung (Jack Wu). Siu Fu Yung is just so nice. As for Leung Yi Tai, I can't say why, I just like this character a lot. I think it is because of Leung Ka Yan's very enjoyable potrayal of the character.

Just some info. Leung Ka Yan actually did not have any basic martial arts training before he entered showbiz. It was after he joined showbiz and filmed a lot of martial arts films under the direction of Lau Ka Leung that he became knowledgeble in martial arts. What more, the reason Lau Ka Leung chosed him over other well-trained martial artists to star in his film was precisely because he didn't have martial art basic and thus easy to train to any required fighting style. Surprising isn't it? I always thought he was a true martial artist like Lau Ka Fai. But after working as an action star for so long, and seeing how he fights, I guess he is qualified as a true martial artist now.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-07-05 at 09:55 PM.

For Real? I always though Lau Ka Yan knows real martial art and then enter the showbiz. I guess I learned something new everyday. LOL.

Yes, it's for real. The info is from the horse's mouth itself. LOL

Here's Leung Ka Yan's Superman interview where he spill the beans. Very interesting interview.
    http://www.rthk.org.hk/rthk/radio1/S.../20050829.html

Here's Lau Ka Fai's Superman interview
    http://www.rthk.org.hk/rthk/radio1/S.../20050808.html

The part where Ping Yi (Charmaine Lee) sings for Siu Fu Yung (Jack Wu) is so illogical. Siu Fu Yung is in the middle of the room while Ping Yi is far outside. How can the experienced opera troop master not know that the voice is not coming out of Siu Fu Yung's mouth? This is basic human instinct. Every normal layman can detect where a sound is coming from. This is an experienced opera troop master who I bet listen to opera singers sing all the time, and he can't detect it?

this is out of topic. but im wondering, is leung ka yan's role here gay? a eunuch or something? coz his voice and acting is quite sissy in here
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Default Real Kung Fu

Is anyone else watching this series? I'm actually enjoying this series quite a lot. It features a lot of people who work for TVB that knows Kung Fu and it's Yuen Biao's first TVB series. The storyline is OK, but just watching it for the hand to hand combat is well worth it. Maggie Siu is really good in it also.

But it's just so sad that some people discredit series because the leads are quote "old".

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    this is out of topic. but im wondering, is leung ka yan's role here gay? a eunuch or something? coz his voice and acting is quite sissy in here
    hehe no..he has a kid remember?
    He's just girly because his character is a Cantonese opera singer who sings female roles.

Do u guys think Leung Yi Tai (Leung Ka Yan) know Ping Yi (Charmaine Li) is not his daughter? I think he suspected it. During the part where Ping Yi took his jewellery and then planned to put it back and got discovered by Leung Zhan (Yuen Biao), Leung Yi Tai told Ping Yi "from the moment I 'reunite' with u, u will always be my daughter". Sounds like his words has hidden meaning.

Btw, I think Jack Wu did a good job play Siu Fu Yung. He didn't go over the top sissy, but instead use subtle feminine body language. For example, the way he holds his basket and the way he runs. They are girly but not exagerated.

Yes, I believe he does.

My favourite scenes are any of Maggie Siu and Yuen Biao.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Do u guys think Leung Yi Tai (Leung Ka Yan) know Ping Yi (Charmaine Li) is not his daughter? I think he suspected it. During the part where Ping Yi took his jewellery and then planned to put it back and got discovered by Leung Zhan (Yuen Biao), Leung Yi Tai told Ping Yi "from the moment I 'reunite' with u, u will always be my daughter". Sounds like his words has hidden meaning.

Btw, I think Jack Wu did a good job play Siu Fu Yung. He didn't go over the top sissy, but instead use subtle feminine body language. For example, the way he holds his basket and the way he runs. They are girly but not exagerated.
    i think leung yi tai knows based on the words he said to ping yi. btw that scene was very touching despite being so short.

i think jack wu is doing a good job also, though sometimes his mannerism isn't consistent.

my favorite characters are also leung yi tai, si fu yung and don't forget, their sidekick, the guy with the short-term memory loss. i like the way he fights also, esp. at the end when the credit rolls and he teaches the moves.

edit
    eps 12 & 13 are great.. especially the flower fighting scene.. love the way it was shot
    gosh, i think leung ka yan is amazing. fighting and acting. he definitely has my vote for best supporting/most extraordinary actor this year
    Last edited by baobao; 11-11-05 at 02:38 AM.

This series? should be interesting since most or some of the actors here are actual practioners of kung fu.

Derek Kwok is a real life practioner of kung fu too! I read in some article on him.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I jus rent the serial aft readin this thread...

1)Who is the gal who act as Ping Yee... any more serials by her?? Is she a newcomer cos i hav never seen her b4

2)Can anyone tell me more abt the background of Lau Ka Fai... he seems to be involved in lotsa of kung fu related serials, was he a famous kung fu actor in the past?
    Most of the older actors seem to be trained in kung fu
    Last edited by CheungKafai; 11-15-05 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmu_wasabi
    hehe no..he has a kid remember?
    He's just girly because his character is a Cantonese opera singer who sings female roles.
    ah fa dan! i see thanks for the info
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

sorry for repeatin my qns but my interest in these kung fu stars is rely piqued aft watchin tis show

is Lau Ka Fai a famous kung fu actor in the past... i tod i saw his pic in e movie Kill Bill too

And Leung Ka Yan (sissy junior master) also knows real kung fu??... i didn't know thou i've always seen him in older serials like Kwok Jing in ROCH & Qiao Feng; anyway i agree he's a good actor & can be very comical too...

And is Yuen Biao part of the 7 bros thogether with Jackie chan & Sammo Hung? who are the rest in the group...

Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafai
    is Lau Ka Fai a famous kung fu actor in the past... i tod i saw his pic in e movie Kill Bill too
    Yes. He was a famous kung fu star in the past. His most representative work is the movie 'The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (AKA Master Killer)'. He is known as Gordon Liu in US. Quentin Tarantino is a big fan of his and the movie Master Killer.

And Leung Ka Yan (sissy junior master) also knows real kung fu??... i didn't know thou i've always seen him in older serials like Kwok Jing in ROCH & Qiao Feng; anyway i agree he's a good actor & can be very comical too...
    Leung Ka Yan was also another pretty famous kung fu star back then.

And is Yuen Biao part of the 7 bros thogether with Jackie chan & Sammo Hung? who are the rest in the group...
    Yes, Yuen Biao was part of the 7 brothers.

Why don't u listen to the radio interviews I posted in earlier post. U will learn a lot about Lau and Leung?

Sign... don't u guys ever read what others have written in earlier posts? If it's 70+ posts like the MDVAW thread, I understand why visitors won't read the earlier posts, but this is only 1 page. Really wasted my time copying the links and posting it here.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-18-05 at 03:42 PM.

i so wanna see this series but i live in Canada so i have to wait for a while. I love kung fu flicks but it seems like ppl don't like them anymore. Remember when Yuen Biao played Leung Jan in Prodigal Son and Lam Ching Ying played Leung Yee Tai? Damn that was a classic.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.