Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did Tvseriesensation, Asiaphen, and other are closing down?

Quote Originally Posted by lilo_neda
    i love tvss, and I just can't let it go down. I was hoping to gather all the tvss lovers to help out. i know its not all that good yet and its not an exact duplicate of tvss. Inaway i thought tvss had some flaws, but it was still the best. But it would be nice that people instead of discomplimenting the new tvss, would come and help tell the admin and mods there how it use to be and what is need to be changed or improved on. Its not just a one person thing but a group who loves watching series, and movies.

Although thanks for your complements. Shows that it still needs alot of work. I'm hoping more you guys that are talking would help out and give out advice on what to do to improve or to replicate tvss.

it would be nice if someone found the format of the old tvss. Sorry if it is not a exact replicate of Tvss, and of course it can be better.

talk about weird... you're the one who made opened that site http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...8&postcount=48

instead of trying to replicate some out of date site, you should put your time in making something better.

Asianfanatics.net was in the early beginning a "replacement" for tvsf, but they soon made up unique forums and are constantly updating and improving and now they've surpassed any asian forum I know off.
    I remember the most users on TVSF at once is at best 400 including guests, but AF has an average of 600 now!

So in short. Instead of trying to hold on to something that has a reason for closing (tvss, a direct restart off tvsf could barely get 10% of the old tvsf's users and activity due to mismanagement), make up something new and really go for it.

And then I mean, don't use some old site's name in the hope that people will come along (there were dozens of TVSF-clones, but none of them survived).
    Make a new name, and pay for the domainname.
    Instead of trying to host it on some free forumhost, rent a cheap hosting company and put your website there.

If you don't want to invest in your goal, then your goal will always be out of reach.

<ps HEY!! what the heck! My postcounts dropped to 0???>

Quote Originally Posted by TripleXL
    talk about weird... you're the one who made opened that site http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...8&postcount=48

instead of trying to replicate some out of date site, you should put your time in making something better.

Asianfanatics.net was in the early beginning a "replacement" for tvsf, but they soon made up unique forums and are constantly updating and improving and now they've surpassed any asian forum I know off.
    I remember the most users on TVSF at once is at best 400 including guests, but AF has an average of 600 now!

So in short. Instead of trying to hold on to something that has a reason for closing (tvss, a direct restart off tvsf could barely get 10% of the old tvsf's users and activity due to mismanagement), make up something new and really go for it.

And then I mean, don't use some old site's name in the hope that people will come along (there were dozens of TVSF-clones, but none of them survived).
    Make a new name, and pay for the domainname.
    Instead of trying to host it on some free forumhost, rent a cheap hosting company and put your website there.

If you don't want to invest in your goal, then your goal will always be out of reach.

<ps HEY!! what the heck! My postcounts dropped to 0???>
    Yah besides it's more creative to come up with something new and original instead of just remaking. Lik then ppl will just compare u to no ends with the original. So it'll save more trouble by just creating something new. LIk it's alrite to go around to different successful forums to check out lik how they get so many members and wat's so special about them. LIk for Asianfanatics it's more homely and Spcnet is well more professional and tvss is very round sided and organized. Lik just fuse all three and come up with something better. Lik for examples Soompi is relyed on mostly Korean Entertainment and they got more members then Asianfanatics, Spcnet, or TVSS. So u need to find out wat it is that they have that makes ppl keep coming bak. U should really c their online members list. So best thing would b to do some researchs.
    http://6xing.net <-Visit US!

Default yup... Winglin is down...

"the page cannot be displayed"

Quote Originally Posted by bitterkoekjes
    "the page cannot be displayed"
    Totally, cause I can't access it anymore. So it was true? Dam it, winglin is such a great fanfiction place,. I hope it reopen again with much better updates.

How depressing! I had hoped the rumor was false and that Winglin will still be up and running.

just go to forums.cinple.net that's the other address of winglin

just go to forums.cinple.net that's the other address of winglin
    but that's the Winglin forum link rite? I want to create a new story account.

it has the link to the dead site... is there anyway to collect the fics and create a new site...? Winglin is a great place... there must millions of stories there... many of the authors are really talented

i believe since the rumors started, many writers copied their work to AF's fanficboard.

http://asianfanatics.net/fanfiction/

Not sure if everyone are there though.

i believe since the rumors started, many writers copied their work to AF's fanficboard.

http://asianfanatics.net/fanfiction/

Not sure if everyone are there though.
    I lik the Winglin pages better though even though their main page isn't all that creative, but their story pages are real good cause it lets the author optimize it. Will miss winglin.

Smile Back UP again

Winglin back up again, but not sure how long it will be up. I guess it's just some minor problem with the forum. Everyone can reassure and go there to read or post their stories now If there any problem besure to ask.

thank goodness! what a relief. thought it was gone for good. now that would be really depressing.

Default wingling closed down again?

i couldn't access winglin (it's like Feb. 2006 now), is it just my computer or can other ppl access wingling?

whenever i try, it just says page cannot be displayed.

oops- this isn't a message, it's an accident
    Last edited by sparkly_star; 02-03-06 at 05:14 PM.