Thread: The Libertine

Default The Libertine

The Libertine

Looks like a good movie. I'm looking forward to Johnny Depp's and John Malkovich's performances.

why are the Weinstein involve in this, if i were Johnny i wouldnt be happy because they are the shite. sorry for my expressive language but the Weinstein are A#@@@@@@@@@ when it comes down to Asian movies.

Quote Originally Posted by dantruon
    why are the Weinstein involve in this, if i were Johnny i wouldnt be happy because they are the shite.
    Yeap, I reckon Weinstein's record isn't too good, considering the work (or the lack of it) he did with 'Finding Neverland'.

However, it was rumoured that Johnny Depp went to Weinstein, but that's only a rumour (a highly suspicious one). If anyone did approach Weinstein, it should had been John Malkovich, rather than Depp, since Malkovich is one of the producers of the film. Anyway, it's better than having 'The Libertine' flushed out or lost in Miramax's backwater.

The newly-formed Weinstein Company is giving the movie a limited release in the hopes of getting Oscar attention for Johnny Depp. However, it probably wouldn't make any difference, considering the actor's awful luck with such awards.