Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Rainbow Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    You mean David? Not her boyfriend lah.

I don't like David too. Seems to be really fake cool to me. He's soooooo arrogant that it's annoying too! x___x;

i tot he carried his role pretty well there...

Quote Originally Posted by pinky ballerina
    hm..i liken this show due to the dancing element in it.
    i dun like her explosion hairstyle..too yucky n ugly...like those ppl who doesnt comb the hair. yoyo n jian yi make a great pair in the show.i hope they r together in this show. just hoped that xiao qian will not spoil it for them.

what do u all think will be the ending?

yeah, the dance is quite a refreshin idea there...hair-wise, i'll agree tt it'll b a fashion disaster if it were ever brought out of screen...otherwise, i think it's a pretty darin experiment...

happy ending...?lol...newae, i seriously cldn't imagine how jianyi n yoyo cld ever hope to overcome the odds against david n xiao qian, apart fr a rift btween the latter...i'm guessin oso tt they might b some on-screen chemistry btween jianyi n xian qian...some sort of history repeatin itself...

btw, anyone has additional news abt jianyi...?i was watchin reachin 4 the stars n my, was i surprise to see him there as well...seein him in these two diff roles, a sloppy, uninitiative guy in caihong to a real smart 1 in stars, he has realli got my attention there...

Quote Originally Posted by cfling_er
    btw, anyone has additional news abt jianyi...?i was watchin reachin 4 the stars n my, was i surprise to see him there as well...seein him in these two diff roles, a sloppy, uninitiative guy in caihong to a real smart 1 in stars, he has realli got my attention there...
    That's his twin brother Guo Yanjun in Reaching for the Stars I think.

Did anyone see Monday's episode? Chen Sheng, Aixue and Michelle's versions of the story all agree that Michelle (and Ding Yishan) came up with the devil's agreement...... which means she did have the intent to harm Aixue and therefore can't be too good a person???

Quote Originally Posted by junzi
    That's his twin brother Guo Yanjun in Reaching for the Stars I think.

Did anyone see Monday's episode? Chen Sheng, Aixue and Michelle's versions of the story all agree that Michelle (and Ding Yishan) came up with the devil's agreement...... which means she did have the intent to harm Aixue and therefore can't be too good a person???

oh, u mean they come in pairs...?hmmm...

tt's wat i think as well...i mean, how can she haf the clear conscience to think tt she's the victim all this way n haf even paid for it by bein single till then...n how cld xiao qian not see the loophole in her mum's explanation, even though it's true...given tt xiao ai actually did steal ding yishan (which i dun think is true), it's still not justified for michelle to avenge herself n let her sworn sis b drugged tt way...after all, xiao ai alreadi insisted she doesn't like yishan...the bargain on the scale is too lopsided...stardom n loneliness vs a routine life with a daughter...

it still makes me wonder whether michelle was cryin over self-pity or for wat she has done to xiao ai, the 1 after the dinner...

still the ambiguity of it all is pretty nicely balanced there...in a way, all the chars were forced to act in a predictable way, due to their allegiance, self-ambition n wat-nots, n ended up as the present...no 1 deserved to get the final blame, i think...even yishan, seein how xiao ai still accepted him after all these...

think the centerstage now revolves around how yoyo is able to overcome this...

the bedroom scene is realli funny...

Oh I missed today's (Wednesday) episode...... someone please tell me what happened!!! Thanks!

xiao qian got hospitalized for a day due to liquid imbalance in her ear (it's more of traveler's syndrome)...then the mr luo, the director came under pressure, so he had to resign prematurely...michelle decided to give him a farewell by requestin the 4 dancers to give him a special performance...

meanwhile, yoyo seem to have given in abit to michelle...since she allow her to help in applyin oilment on her leg...

still no news of martin n lulu...

xiao qian continue to fall for david...whereas michelle seem quite naive abt david's approaches towards her...david became more despair as he watched 'the graduate' alone...

dajun continues to pester yoyo...xiao ai tried to stop him by tellin him to stop the act, but he refused...so xiao ai requested jianyi's help...tt nite, they came up with a plan...jianyi n yoyo acted drunk n went straight into yoyo's room...but despite their scripts, dajun remains stubborn...

say, the bedroom idea is realli abit diff fr others...sth leads to me sth else, and.........

actually i think it might b better if u've watch it yourself...if u dun mind passin me any email u haf, i can send a copy...

i tot he carried his role pretty well there...
    Yes me speaking of character-wise.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

oh okay...

newae, i think he's alreadi sheddin his cold image...he reminds me of a tortured genius...

i've barely seen any singapore film so i don't know anyone beside MIchelle and her sister (the lady who always fights with michelle) and the guy with the moustach and goatee, he's the hottest looking one out of them. i think he's name is david.

if anyones interested they talk about this series on this post, there's some swf of michelle and david and the instructor ben. there's also themesong and trailer (8 mins)
    http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index...&#entry1696140

it's not mine so i can't post it here.

the main guy is kind of short he doesn't look as good as the other two, but that other young guy out of the three guys can't act.

i don't know how popular they are in real life, but i think david is the only one who can act well.

have nothing to complain about the girls, they all look good, dance good and act good, occassionally they have moments of out of character but still really good by todays standard. if've seen the girl with straight hair in another film before, she was the main girl in that Chau Kiet film where she as soooooooo boring.

her acting didn't improve much, just the script.

thx for the thread to michelle...it's more active than here...

yeap...david's the most gd lookin imo...still, i can feel more for the main char since he has more screen time...i heard tt he has a twin bro as well...i think both haf the talent...wat i'm realli afraid is tt 1 may stifle off the other competitively, even though they may not mean it...realli hope to see both of them morre often...same goes for david...

yeah...ppl always say tt the third guy can't act much...well, me think he deserves some credit still...

the girls r, like wat u say, gd...i've not seen michelle's daughter b4, so can't say much...i think it's rosanne(lulu) 's debut (if i'm not wrong...)so

as usual, the main char, jeanette improves alot fr the holland v days...i think she's very consistent there, even though she has to show so many transitions in personality...her char grew the most, i'm sure most wld agree, since the show is supposed to document her dance life mainly...

i'm particularly glad to see the veteran actors fr tvb(???)...they realli prop up the show well enough...like michelle, her sis, the dead husband n in particular, the school's director...he's so magnificent, simply put...he has very simple gestures tt juz convey all tt needs to b said...i realli kow tow to him...

all the side-casts realli r not bad as well...like the guys in animal house n the girls above, the employees in the coffee shop, n oso lulu's father n neighbours...it's not like they r juz backdrops, coz they do haf a significant amount of script as well...quite nicely done there...

the narration abt the past may b abit too long n continuous though...cld haf chopped it up abit n disperse among the episodes...though it's gd tt they manage to keep me guessin abt the past for like 10+ episodes...i even tot tt xiao qian might b michelle's illegitimate daughter with ding yishan...it's gd tt the plot din go tt way, coz the issues wld even b thornier...

haha...i understand how the dubbin can get on ppl...i was watchin with such low quality streamin tt i hardly notice it...guess tt's blissful ignorance for u...

Any1 noe dat David is actually Ma Xiao Hu in my date with a vampire3
    秦朝誓言天為証,不能同生願同死,千秋萬世永不變

realli...?i din actually follow the entire trilogy...so wat relationship is he to ma xiao ling...?bro...?

huahua's teeth part is funny...

david n xiao qian rehearsed some realli slick moves there...

this time, michelle has my empathy after been cpltly misunderstood...david, on the other hand, handled his confession realli suavely...almost perfectly executed i must say...if it's not tt michelle doesn't haf a daughter, i think she'd haf accepted him...

funny how david's impulse can b a trigger for the cascade of events in the next episode...

Suave? But he's embarrassed Michelle and Xiaoqian in front of so many people, and even caused Michelle to be misunderstood by quite a number of people. Especially that part when he said that he didn't love Xiaoqian at all (omg I wouldn't want my crush saying that in front of dozens of people when I'm around!).

I don't think Michelle would accept him either. She obviously doesn't love him in the way he wished her to. I also don't think Michelle is interested in having a relationship with a 'xiaodidi'.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

the situation is awkward...

suave might not b the best choice of words, but wat i'm tryin to convey is the idea tt he has absolute ctrl over the entire thing rite until he confesses...he expected the embarassment on michelle's n xiao qian's part since he's the 1 who plan it (dun forget tt, in the process, he embarassed himself as well)...guess he did it the clean n hard way...tt way, michelle noes tt he's serious...wat he din expect is the arrival of xiao ai n yoyo...so tt's not his fault...

it's a realli tricky scenario tt he handled there...most guys wld most prob wld haf succumbed under tt pressure...

i noe this is actin...his entrance timin is perfect nonetheless imo, his speech doesn't seem rehearsed, n his confession, though blunt, is to the point n sincere...his social skills n displays are flawless...

if michelle cld fell for a person like yishan, y not david...?if xiao qian is not in the picture, she might haf rejected him on the basis of age...but given david's persistence, n bein a strong, unconventional woman tt she is, over time, i think david will win her over...

as i've mentioned, this is like doin things the direct n hard way...there's the more typical indirect n softer approach, which we haf familiarized ourselves with thru other series...both haf its own merits...the thing is the former method demands so much of 1self, n can easily go awry...but the merit is tt the affected parties (in this case, michelle n xiao qian) will noe tt nothin will b the same after such an impact...

though david cld haf actually done better by confrontin xiao qian when she starts to show feelings for him...he shld not haf juz shrugged her off, thereby sendin the wrong message home...

usually guys wld prefer to do these things behind the scene...but the fact tt he's willin to come clean without hesitation, with juz 1 night to think over, rather impresses me...

n i think he's willin to risk the competition as well, juz to convince michelle abt his feelings...it's quite a bargain, i suppose...

having only seen bits and pieces from what i've downloaded so far, i don't know enough to comment on that scene, since i haven't seen it, but it sounds good.

why can't they make michelle like david then? is it because theres that other girl?

and david seems a bit older then his classmates, when i first saw it i thought he was like a thrid year student or something.

why does he like michelle anyway?

and michelle has a daughter in the series? which one is she? cos i know she don't have a daughter in real life.

oh and wat you said about what he did, i totally agree, it's nice to see a different sort of man on screen then the compassionate ones that care about everyone's feelings or a real man's man where he doesn't understand at all.

i like a man who takes a stand and is willing to confront the problem head on.

I think what David did was pretty off (announcing his love for Michelle in front of everyone and yelling at Jianyi for being a 'hypocrite').

However I don't understand why Chen Sheng, Aixue etc are so angry with Michelle - it certainly isn't her fault that David fell in love with her. After all, she did not encourage him.

And Xiaoqian is just plain annoying. >.<

i don't like the main guy, he just isn't the sort of man i thought the main girl (the bushy haired one) would go with, i was expecting someone more mature and strong for her to lean on since her mother is so dependent on her.

her mother is so annoying. and i agree too, that xiaoqian girl is so annoying and boring to watch.

i wish they did more dancing though.

i cant stand julien hee.his acting is so stiff and boring.and he doesnt even look THAT good.i think guo yanfu looks better.his twin brother yanjun is acting in the channel u show right?i think other than jeanette aw and that guy who plays david yanfu julien and the girl who plays xiaoqian does not have any dancing background.

the characters yoyo and jianyi seem quite compatible.and i think xiaoqian is jes like a third party kinda thing.but since this is a drama yoy and jianyi should still end up together la.michelle is really b itchy to have done wad she did to xiaoai.but the part abt david isnt actually her fault cos she does not like david at this point of time.

overall this show is pretty good as it is different from wad the usually show on channel8.i personally like dancing and i think that the actors are not bad to have picked up these kind of dances in a short period of time.esp yanfu!!!cos he has the most close up shots.and that girl that plays xiaoqian.ohh and the songs from this drama series are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by stArXjOey
    lol... i was quite interested in between yoyo and jianyi... they looked quite cute together!! haha
    yeah ia gree too..both of them have the special chemistry require top dance together. so cool to see them together..!!!! ..

however, i think this chemistry between them id going to get ruined by xiao qian.
    ~Pinky **