Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Love to Kill (The Love of Death)

Hello,
    I've just finished this series, i was a bit disappointed as i was expecting more LOL i mean this was still a good series but...i dunno i thought the ending was that good. I believed it would've been better if Rain and umm sorri dunno the girls name didn't die...i mean i understand that this series was supposed to be a 'Sad' series and stuff....but...i dunno SIGH why does Rain have to die again LOL he died in Sang Doo Let's Go To School as well LOL but overall this series was ok.... hehe if ur a Rain fan u'd have to watch this!!!

I really wouldn't want him to die at the end because I hate sad endings. but I would still watch this series.

the only reason i watched this serie was because of rain but overall i thought it was okay

This show had a good plot. The beginning is really good and drew me into the story. They could have done so much more and made it a lot better. The ending is so unnecessary. I really like the OST for this drama though.

the saddest drama that i've watched so far... rain's acting improved a lot though i think he deserves an award for this one.

very good ost, love it.

i just saw the final episode of this series on KBS but i hope theyll show it to my country soon.

SPOILER CONTAINED FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCH!!!!!

I feel a bit (a slight bit) uncomfortable reading negative remarks regarding this show, which nonetheless I spent two whole days watching. Well, I do know everyone have opinions, so why not I have mine too? No? kikikiik

For the confusion part, I'm even confused myself. The thing is, the whole story just based on a 'suffering' sort of love so the writer never fully explain what in the world he was trying to portray to the audience. There are many points that I truly was amazed at how greatly I can tolerate it...

Point #1: why in the utmost nonbelievable sense did the two people Jeong-na and mi-sook (if I get their name right) try to blackmail Eun Suk and blame everything on a vegetable guy?
    Point #2: Eun Suk was so 'in love' with her oppa then with just one kiss from Bokgu (who was trying to cure her of her hiccups by surprising her) and all of a sudden having feelings and not hit him?
    Point #3: (last, I'm too tired...) The part when they separated at the end. I cannot see as to why they can't be together. The brother asked Bokgu to take care of her and before, she even risked her career to stay with him. Plus, she was even going through some psychological therapy for losing him. I can't seem to find a reason as to why they can't be together???

Don't get me wrong here, I love this drama. Or mainly, I love Rain and how he acted in here. The part I found most touching was at the end, when the narrator explained the whole movie from her point of view and showed the 'scenes' that truly make me feel for Bokgu (or mainly because of Rain -__- I'm vulnerable when it comes to his acting lol).

Overall, I believe the author just tried to write a 'we either both meet in heavens or one of us die and the other suffer for the rest of life holding onto ideal love" as the main topic or theme. I'm not trying to criticize but I think if the author actually thought as to how he could develop a more sensible plot in which he could rid out the portion of a 'darling younger brother trying desperate to revenge but ended up liking the person he hated' with 'a younger brother who misunderstood the intentions of the woman his older brother loved and through that, learn how to love her." Okay, then this would be my story, no? All in all, I believe that the who 'love idea' is too mediocre to have such a long drama, 16 episodes. If this could have shorten by 5 or 6 episodes, then I might be better for the unneccessary and redundant part could have been cut out (if you want to ask me, I could list them all out by thinking tomorrow -_- lol).

I would have to rate this a 3 out of 5. In other words, it's okay to watch. Looking up at all those words @_@, I think I've become a critic more of a fan for Rain. T_T I'm sorry...

lol.

Please don't be offended by what I said!! <3 Alice
    Last edited by Alice725; 02-26-06 at 03:10 AM.
    I might not look smart under the eyes of a genius, but rather intelligent in front of an idiot's perspective. Then, what are you, an idiot or a genius?

SPOILER CONTAINED FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice725

Point #1: why in the utmost nonbelievable sense did the two people Jeong-na and mi-sook (if I get their name right) try to blackmail Eun Suk and blame everything on a vegetable guy?
    They use the money to pay for his hopsital bill

Quote Originally Posted by Alice725

Point #3: (last, I'm too tired...) The part when they separated at the end. I cannot see as to why they can't be together. The brother asked Bokgu to take care of her and before, she even risked her career to stay with him. Plus, she was even going through some psychological therapy for losing him. I can't seem to find a reason as to why they can't be together???
    They cannot be together because Rain's character didnot allow himself to also love his brother's woman, esp since his brother knew about it before he died. It was shown when En Xi asked him at the snowy place what makes him happy, sad, etc. Bok Gu's replies were all related to his brother, so the girl understood that if she is with him, it is as if the brother is also there...

Its very sad, cried a buckets
    Last edited by starcandy; 05-02-06 at 10:03 PM.

SPOILER

Great acting, but some parts a bit draggy. The ending made up for it. He held her in his arms in the snow. They finally found peace at the end and got to be together--
    A tragic happy ending.

was she dead when he found her?? I think she sort of opened her eyes when Bok Gu's hand dropped? as if she knew?

i thread though i don't know if yours is older :/ well I love A Love To Kill it's my fav series ever!! Rain is sooo cute in this series and for my channel I miss this series every tuesday and thursdays well becuase I study Taekwondo and well I'm gonna miss agian tommorow. But it's gonna end on Monday
    No Love is better than A Love To Kill.

<3 Obessed with W-inds and Rain

Clicky Here to go to my Xanga

Quote Originally Posted by XxPunkerGurlxX
    i thread though i don't know if yours is older :/ well I love A Love To Kill it's my fav series ever!! Rain is sooo cute in this series and for my channel I miss this series every tuesday and thursdays well becuase I study Taekwondo and well I'm gonna miss agian tommorow. But it's gonna end on Monday
    y not just dl da serie??

I HATE THIS DRAMA..EVEN IF IT HAS RAIN ON IT...IT WAS SO BORING..DONT WATCH...

Quote Originally Posted by flower43
    Hello,
    I've just finished this series, i was a bit disappointed as i was expecting more LOL i mean this was still a good series but...i dunno i thought the ending was that good. I believed it would've been better if Rain and umm sorri dunno the girls name didn't die...i mean i understand that this series was supposed to be a 'Sad' series and stuff....but...i dunno SIGH why does Rain have to die again LOL he died in Sang Doo Let's Go To School as well LOL but overall this series was ok.... hehe if ur a Rain fan u'd have to watch this!!!
    What are you talkin about Rain died?!?!?! seriously don't fool me i thought he stayed with the girl. it's ending this monday so plz tell me he didn't died!!

yea rain died with his girl in his arms..
    i don't really like this series.. i thought it would be good like i'm sorry i love you considering the same writer.. but i am disappointed.. i don't understand why rain had to avenge for his brother foolness of jumping off a building upon watching a news of that girl (forgot her name) getting engaged with the tall man (forgot his name too)...
    anyway this is just my opinion..

OMG Rain died... kill me

Quote Originally Posted by XxPunkerGurlxX
    OMG Rain died... kill me
    sure...i'll kill u lol...which way would u rather b killed thou??

Lightbulb Anyone???

Could anyone tell mi if the girl (en xi) did die together with rain anot?
    thanks
    There is nothing known as perfection, it's jus a word which people crave for...

Quote Originally Posted by listenHeartbeat
    Could anyone tell mi if the girl (en xi) did die together with rain anot?
    thanks
    i think she did...didnt she die first?? then rain??

Question Izit?

i thought initally she died but den rain warm her up by giving her his clothes.... den at last... they communicate den she open her eyelid!!! a bit funny this show like no ending...
    There is nothing known as perfection, it's jus a word which people crave for...