Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Love to Kill (The Love of Death)

Quote Originally Posted by listenHeartbeat
    i thought initally she died but den rain warm her up by giving her his clothes.... den at last... they communicate den she open her eyelid!!! a bit funny this show like no ending...
    i didnt c da part she opened her eyelid so i dunno

love to kill is a good serie! i like it....sometimes it's really sad....but i although like it

I just finished this series. Gotta say, the plot is not very good and the last 3 eps or so are very dragging. Many scenes remind me of pieces of other Korean series (crying hospital scenes - aka Sangdoo; bike riding scene - almost identical to Full House, minus the brainless chicken insults ; impulsive elopement - aka Autumn in my heart, etc...), but then again, didn't we all agree those are common elements from all Korean series ? The "bad guy" fiance character is both inconsistent and unrealistic. The lead actress doesn't have enough charisma to be believable super movie star character that she is supposed to be. And the ending, where shall I start? Why do they have to go and pull a "Sangdoo" here again? If they want bittersweet ending, here's how it should go. It should have end with the lead actress driving off with the older brother to start a new life, leaving Bokgu miserable but still has his childhood sweetheart with him to start their own new life. Everybody's heart is broken; but there's nothing they can do but to continue on living. Because that is life. Life is hard. Most of the times you don't get what you want, but you should be grateful to have experienced love in its fullest form. THAT is the positive message they should send out to viewers instead of this suicidal nonsense.

Having said that, I did however enjoy this series very much, mostly because Rain's acting made up for all this. I first knew him as an actor in "Sangdoo, let's go to school!". I was very surprised to learn that Rain was a trained singer before an actor. His face is very expressive and he emotes really well using his eyes. I think he succeeds in portraying Dokgu as a man with a tortured and broken soul. Dokgu the brother is loyal and caring. His hospital scenes are always heartwrenching. Dokgu the lover is sweet and loving. He has chemistry with both girls who are his love interests. He seems like a very good kisser too . Check out the second kiss! Most kissing scenes in Korean series are pathetic, but that is one WET, PASSIONATE, full-on, open-mouth kiss! hehe... I do realize that the noisy kiss is there on purpose in this particular scene because Dokgu wants the fiance to hear all the lip smacking through the phone. ***** Pardon my fan-girl rant **** Still, they should make him kiss like that in all of his movies and series!

Aside from the acting, the music is very good, as always. In many scenes the lyrics really speak what's on the character's mind, especially the one song with female singer that goes like this, "Oh you sprung out of hate but planted a seed of love in my heart". Does anybody have the soundtrack they can share ?

Overall, I would rate this series an 8 out of 10. Points mostly given for Rain's acting .

Gosh, I should really watch this drama because of your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by mini_mouse
    sure...i'll kill u lol...which way would u rather b killed thou??
    lol Bok Gu is dead but NOT Jung Ji Hoon So I'll live but it's sad and yea i understand why he died even my mom kept comlianing why why why! until i explained it to her but at least they went to heven right? lol not exactly but they meat
    No Love is better than A Love To Kill.

<3 Obessed with W-inds and Rain

Clicky Here to go to my Xanga

Quote Originally Posted by willenette
    Gosh, I should really watch this drama because of your comments.
    Watch it! it's great though a bit sad

Quote Originally Posted by XxPunkerGurlxX
    lol Bok Gu is dead but NOT Jung Ji Hoon So I'll live but it's sad and yea i understand why he died even my mom kept comlianing why why why! until i explained it to her but at least they went to heven right? lol not exactly but they meat
    i know...y does da leadin actress/actor always die in korean series

i know...y does da leadin actress/actor always die in korean series
    in dramas yea...

Quote Originally Posted by XxPunkerGurlxX
    in dramas yea...
    yea...da only happy ones r wonderful life, great inheritance, n my grl (am i missin any???)

n do u like my avatar?? its bae seul gi!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice725
    SPOILER CONTAINED FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCH!!!!!

Point #2: Eun Suk was so 'in love' with her oppa then with just one kiss from Bokgu (who was trying to cure her of her hiccups by surprising her) and all of a sudden having feelings and not hit him?
    Point #3: (last, I'm too tired...) The part when they separated at the end. I cannot see as to why they can't be together. The brother asked Bokgu to take care of her and before, she even risked her career to stay with him. Plus, she was even going through some psychological therapy for losing him. I can't seem to find a reason as to why they can't be together???
    I totally agree with your comments, alice!
    i watched this series just for Rain. He's absolutely superb in it but the plot really sucks. Like you said, the brother is dead, he wants his younger brother to take care of his gf. his gf loves his brother now so what's the problem...what's stopping them...why the guilt??? and how come a big hunk of a man like Rain died in the snow just like that...so helpless...even worse before the gf died. and how come they can't get help out of the snow...or is it deliberate suicide thingy? I'm all confued ....just don't understand the storyline at all....it's not a crime falling in love with your brother's gf.....what's big deal!! all in love, Rain is great in this series but he's wasted there. the actress...I have no comment..no beauty..no brain...small brain..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Alice725
    SPOILER CONTAINED FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCH!!!!!

Point #2: Eun Suk was so 'in love' with her oppa then with just one kiss from Bokgu (who was trying to cure her of her hiccups by surprising her) and all of a sudden having feelings and not hit him?
    Point #3: (last, I'm too tired...) The part when they separated at the end. I cannot see as to why they can't be together. The brother asked Bokgu to take care of her and before, she even risked her career to stay with him. Plus, she was even going through some psychological therapy for losing him. I can't seem to find a reason as to why they can't be together???
    i watched this series just for Rain. He's absolutely superb in it but the plot really sucks. Like you said, the brother is dead, he wants his younger brother to take care of his gf. his gf loves his brother now so what's the problem...what's stopping them...why the guilt??? and how come a big hunk of a man like Rain died in the snow just like that...so helpless...even worse before the gf died. and how come they can't get help out of the snow...or is it deliberate suicide thingy? I'm all confused ....just don't understand the storyline at all....it's not a crime falling in love with your brother's gf.....what's the big deal!! all in all, Rain is great in this series but he's wasted there. the actress...I have no comment....she doesn't fit the character there at all....face sucking scenes...not that attractive!!

it will air in the Philippines soon.
    catheHARTSleedongwook has posted.

I just finished it last night and I like it. Yesterday I also bought the OST from
    Raffles place.

Quote Originally Posted by fleur
    i watched this series just for Rain. He's absolutely superb in it but the plot really sucks. Like you said, the brother is dead, he wants his younger brother to take care of his gf. his gf loves his brother now so what's the problem...what's stopping them...why the guilt??? and how come a big hunk of a man like Rain died in the snow just like that...so helpless...even worse before the gf died. and how come they can't get help out of the snow...or is it deliberate suicide thingy? I'm all confused ....just don't understand the storyline at all....it's not a crime falling in love with your brother's gf.....what's the big deal!! all in all, Rain is great in this series but he's wasted there. the actress...I have no comment....she doesn't fit the character there at all....face sucking scenes...not that attractive!!

To Alice and Fleur

The reasons why they cannot be together because Rain felt guilty that he is the one that cause the brother death.

His brother actually slowly recovered but heard the actress crying during his
    birthday party and realised that Rain and her are falling in love with one another.
    Remember after this scene he treated her very badly to make her leave him so
    that she and Rain can be together.

Rain died due to coldness but the actress did not died.

yea...da only happy ones r wonderful life, great inheritance, n my grl (am i missin any???)

n do u like my avatar?? its bae seul gi!!!!
    Some of them aren't call dramas though. Let's see no more I think... http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...423#post556423 But whatever you like check out the link I posted :P

i didnt c da part she opened her eyelid so i dunno
    Mee too Wait I thought my mom said that too but she added that Eun Suk smilied :/ :? I dunno i think that was an acting error lol

A Love to Kill starts August 19, Saturdays at 10.30pm on starhub cable tv ch 55!

i also watch this series bcoz of Rain, but still the story is not that good, so i stopped watching it.. its totally unbelievable!!! il rate it 5 out of 10..

So I'm currently watching it right no, and you know I just can't get the feel of it!!! I might be giving away some SPOILERS to people who haven't seen this yet, so just warning you...

But anyways, it wasn't what I expected and I can't get the feel of the movie of the romance, because I mean everybody is miserable!!! Bokgu he's pissed off at Eun-sok at first and so he seeks revenge, but then falls for her and his brother's in the hospital; Mingu he's a vegetable I don't know how much more miserable you can get; Eun-Sok, everybody is trying to control her, she's in a forced marriage, she's falling for the bodyguard who's Mingu's bro without her knowing, she has a sad past, and I could keep going...; Kim Joon, he's in love with Eun-sok, but she doesn't love him, he was wrongfully accused on him "harassing Eun-sok" which he never did, his parents are evil, and his political life is sinking; (I forgot her name, the girl who has the scars on her neck for saving Bokgu), anyways she's messed up, she can let him go but she doesn't, she's always getting jealous, and she is just plain miserable whenever Bokgu doesn't listen to her!!! This whole show is making ME miserable! lol

Everything is a misunderstanding, Eun-Sok never wanted to marry Kim Joon, so then it was made public and then Mingu jumped off the building, which pissed off Bokgu and then going after revenge and becoming Eun-Sok's bodyguard, which made "the girl with the scars on her neck" jealous and everybody just getting mad at each other!!! When simply everybody actually loves each other except for a misunderstanding!

You know what I was thinking about it, and I think that it's all Eun-Sok's fault, all because she got drunk in the beginning, and then rest is history...

Then also Bokgu is like EVIL at one point, he like goes after Eun-Sok like emotionally, with trying to make her remember everything her and Mingu did together!!! And then making her fiance pissed, and wow it's just one sad, miserable, evil/revenge story... lol

Though the actors are really good and the music to the movie is AWESOME!! I got the opening song, in fact I'm listening to it right now "Dream"...

One more thing, the actor, Rain!! ^_^ he did very good, on the scene where he was saying "my mistake" telling his brother in the hospital how he got revenge for him by making Eun-Sok miserable... he was CRYING for REAL!! It was so beautiful, me and my cuz were like hugging pillows and all, he did an awesome job!!!!

But the filming was done beautifully and it looks like the crew of A Love to Kill put alot of effort into it, overall the movie is more or less a sad story; but I think it's worth watching if you like to see good actors and Rain!!! ^_^
    "We are in the land of the blindfolded
    we cannot see what is going to happen
    we can only wait for the future and what it brings"

i've seen this drama...and i thought it was an OKay drama...not the very best. for some reason, shin mina character really ANNOYED me because she practically cried like a baby throughout the whole drama .....however the only reason why it kept me watching was because BI RAIN was pretty cute. haa haa. however, the storyline was okAy..not the best.