Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if mediacorp is to film tian long ba bu

yeah. ROCH, i liked the female casts.. well Fann wong is alil weak, but the rest were ok.

but again, making TIan Long Ba Bu.... sounds like suicide
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

[QUOTE=wkeej]
    Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafaiThe fighting scenes in ROCH were mostly badly done... in Xiao Au Jiang Hu were slightly better but i rely dun see how the production crew at Mediacorp can create those exciting scenes like Qiao Feng battling at Shaolin etc...[/QUOTE

i think roch, minus a few wrong hairdos, is not too bad as compared to potraits of home.
    hahaz... any show is not as bad as tong xin yuan :P
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

I might be wrong but Mu Wanqing gives me an impression of iciness as well. Fiona doesn't seem to be able to pull that off. Also, thinking of her trying to handle that role..

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    I might be wrong but Mu Wanqing gives me an impression of iciness as well. Fiona doesn't seem to be able to pull that off. Also, thinking of her trying to handle that role..
    i always thought that fiona has this mysterious and icy look. perhaps, ivy lee is another choice.

i thought ROCH was not too bad. and mediacorp shld cut down on those family dramas like holland v and txy. they have too many similar ones already.. then these shows have too strong a local influence that i dont think they can market it overseas

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    Fiona can't act! I cannot stand her acting!
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

"Meet-the-Cock" is like a car on free-gear charging down Mount Faber ... Thank god I only tune in for the news!

Only agree with the casting of Ivy Lee and Huang Biren though ...

Since there will be no swimsuit or overflowing-boobs scene to cover up for "Is-my-cuteness-and-kiddy-voice-giving-you-diabetes" Fiona's lousy acting (unless MCS want her and Duan Yu to get really wet frolicking in the water ), she wouldn't be able to cut it ... Spare us the misery .......

But doing an adaptation of the Wuxia novel has its advantages. Without having to think up a dumb-*** storyline, MCS need only to focus on their lousy acting ....

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    update, incorporating alex's suggestion:

Xiao Feng - Tay Peng Hui
    Duan Yu - Vincent Ng
    Xu Zhu - Ix Shen
    Mu Wanqing - Fiona Xie
    Ah Zhu - Yvonne Lim
    Ah Zi - Joanne Peh
    Wang Yuyan - Fann Wong
    Zhong Ling - Apple Hong
    Xixia Princess - Ivy Lee
    Xiao Lei - Felicia
    Duan Yanqing - Chen Chichai
    Duan Zhengchun - ??
    Tianshan Tonglao - ??
    Li Qiushui - Huang Biren
    Murong Fu - Christopher Lee
    Jiu Mozhi - Chen Suchen
    i cannot imagine vincent ng and fann wong together... lolz!!!
    Flying Away

Banned

Very funny lists. Tay Peng Hui, Joanna Peh, Zhichai etc have too 'modern looking' faces to start in period dramas. I will laugh if I say Tay in a period drama.

My citeria are in decreasing order

1. Prior experience in period dramas. MCS doesn't do that many period dramas, but those who have proven to do well in Xiao Ao and ROCH should get priority.

2. 'Face' - I can't explain this, some people have too modern looking faces. They may act like Oscar winners, but if they dont look the part... sorry...

First up! Priscilla chan, proved she could act in Xiao Au Jiang Hu, has the right look to do in period dramas, she was the cute Nun and she should be in this 'remake' of tian long ba bu.

FannWong as Yuyan? Safe and boring choice. Kind of like how Carmen Lee played both XLN (Xiaolongnu) and Yuyan? Of course Fann also played Renyinyin, if this happens would that make her the only actress in history then to play the female leads in 3 Jingyong novels? And if MCS made Legend of the condor heroes, Fann Wong again would play Huang Rong? LOL

she's getting too old (and worse looking it!) I think. But then again Carmen Lee had a double role as both YuYan and her mother (aunt?).

I would say try Priscillia Chan for WYY but the role of WYY is not a very demanding role really despite the screen time so Priscillia might be better used for another role. Maybe Jamie Teo (former Ms Universe singapore) might play this passive role but her acting sucks too bad even for that role. Okay she can play menggu = Xuzhu's lover, small role, just look blur. Not hard

For the sweet young things, who play DY's half sisters(or so it seems) , Yvonne Lim, okay. Apple Hong, okay. Le Yao okay.

I would give jeanette Aw a shot, despite not having acted in period dramas. She might play someone icy cold, that i believe is closer to her real character despite her performance as jingjing. So Mu wanqing for her.

Ditto for Felicia Chin.

Then we need a bunch of women in the middle 30s and 40s to play Dengzhunxun's lovers, that one shouldn't be a problem lots of MCS actresses around that age (ivy Lee generation and after) who can act.

In fact MCS could probably get Christy Chung to play Ms Ma (Kangmin) again
    Or probably Lynn Poh should play that.

I think the main problem is pulling in guys to fill the 3 major male roles (Four if you include Murongfu). MCS doesn't have that many young males suitable to play period dramas.

Vincent Ng, good choice. He as the look for a period drama, but his acting is kind of stiff, though I think his blur look would be of good use in playing Xuzu or DuanYu. I think Duan Yu.

IX Shen - interesting choice, but I don't like it when he acts blur. But if no choice then let him play XuZu.

Darren Lim - I always get him confused with IX shen. Too bad both IX shen and Darren Lim are still young or I think they could play QF.

I was reading the thread if singapore remakes HSDS, and I just realised I missed out Nick Shen!

Personally I would consider some of the male guys particularly the eventual winner in the recently completed Star idol. Blur enough to be Duan Yu. But their acting needs to be improved.

Brian Wong is another possibility, he did okay as the scholarly guy in Chinese paladin (like Lynn Poh) , so he is a possibility for Duan Yu. But he can also play cocky, so that means he can play Murongfu .

Christopher Lee, was critised for being too old looking to play YangGuo, but I think his acting wasn't too bad. now that he is even older, I think he is perfect to play QF. The only other candiate for that role I think is maybe Li Nanxing, but like Tay Ping Hui, I don't think he is suitable for period dramas.

Zeng Guoping who played Ling hu chong's evil teacher, acted great as well in XiaoAu jiang hu, so he should get a role too. Maybe as Duan Yanqing?

Another point to remember is that MCS is not shy in hiring outside actors for big time projects, like hiring Steve Ma to play Linghuchong, so in theory any ONE of the major roles, such as the 3 brothers (XZ,DY,QF) or even Yuyan could be played by someone outside MCS.

I do not want to see the following people,

Fiona Xie. Nuff said. Ah zi , as the little genie (xiaojinling)? *shudders*

Joanna Peh. Nothing against her, but she doesn't have the period look, plus her acting is just average.

Tay Ping Hui - Stick to modern dramas.
    Last edited by Richrf; 04-12-06 at 12:32 PM.

Banned

My list.

Xiao Feng - Christoper Lee (Yang Guo post 16 year seperation is actually kind of like Xiao Feng and Lee actually looked most comfortable in ROCH when he becomes mature) . Second choice Terence Cao

Duan Yu - Nick Shen or Darren Lim or Vincent Ng or Adam Chen (not very good choices but ....)
    Xu Zhu - Nick Shen or Ix Shen or Jeff Chan??
    Mu Wanqing - Jeanatte Aw (a big gamble) or Ann Kwok/Phyllis Quek for a older version
    Ah Zhu - Priscilla Chan or Yvonne Lim or Felicia Chin or... lots of tohers
    Ah Zi - No idea. This one is a demanding role. Maybe Rui En or Ng Hui??
    Wang Yuyan - Another tough one. In real life it would automatically go to Fann Wong, but I think Priscilla Chan might play this one.
    Zhong Ling - Apple Hong or Celest Chong (zhang yu hua)
    Xixia Princess - Any of the girls tasked to play Ah Zhu above will fit too.
    Duan Yanqing - Mak Ho Wai
    Duan Zhengchun - Huang wenyong. Or Guo Liang?? Huang Shinan?? Zheng Guoping??
    Yue er Niang (Second evil, mother of xuzhu) Li Yinzhu
    Yue lao san (Third evil, becomes disciple of Duan Yu) -Cheng Tianwen/ Xie Shao Guang?
    Yu Zhong He (Fourth evil, slain by Duan Yu) Zhang Wen Xiang
    Wuyanzi -
    Tianshan Tonglao - Chen Xiuxuan
    Li Qiushui -
    Murong Fu - Bryan wong (he is good at cocky roles)
    Jiu Mozhi - Huang Yiliang
    Wang Fu Ren (Mother of Yuyan)- He Yongfang or Constance Song
    Gan Bao Bao (mother of Zhongling) Hong Hui Fang
    Qin Hongmian (Mother of Mu wanqing) _ Ivy Lee (too young?)/Lin mei jiao?
    Ruan Xingzhu (Mother of Ah Zhu and Ah zi) - margaret lee
    Dao Baifeng ( Mother of Duyu) Quan Yi Feng
    Ma Fu Ren (Kangming) - Lynn Poh
    You Tian zi (The iron mask man) - Piere png (just for laughs)

http://www.mediacorptv.com/celeb/teohyeowtong/ , these list only the full time actors/actresses, there are quite a few others who MCS can call on for per project basis... Particularly a lot of well known but retired HK people who settled as Singapore PR.
    Last edited by Richrf; 04-13-06 at 12:44 PM.

THE CAST REALLY SUCKS.

except for huang biren who should be a LEAD man she's damn good. in my opinion, we don't have enough talents for the top 3 male leads. and frankly speaking, after watching china's rendition of it, i don't think i could accept spore's one

XIAO FENG needs somebody totally CHARISMATIC. of which, mediacorp has er ..none.

XU ZHU has the blur look. ALAN TERN would really fit in the role!