Thread: winning awards - is important?

Default winning awards - is important?

just read a article about the fuss that was created due to kenix kwok's recent battle for best actress award with liza.
    Having finished reading the article and from the anniversary show last nite..i do feel very deeply sorry for kenix. She was in tears normally she is a girl full of confidence. Jessica , lisa and Gigi all have won it in the past.I thought it be kenix's turn. She had two good series out this year.
    now the awards is over..i feel so sorry for kenix..its like the award was almost hers but she has been totally "robbed" of it now its not the first time she was robbed of such a prestigious award during her 12 year career.
    If she gained an award , that would mean more work projects..maybe affecting her health.
    my question is..how important is it to gain a prestigious award like best female??
    i mean for them its their career and lifeline..to gain an award is like saying i have recognition for my efforts in my career and the audience acknowledges this.
    On the other hand, some might argue that awards arent that important..as long as the actor/actresses has full confidence in the series you've acted in...thats your reward. Acting that character to your best of your ability. AS they say, friends and family support is all thats needed, awards are not "essential"
    I would say keep it up Kenix..am sure you'll get recognition. Dont give up on TVB!

Default awards

it happens every year where people lose out to someone "more experienced"...its not just the case of kenix and lisa.

I think tvb should change the way awards are distributed..say have top 5 series cateogry and each series receives an award. or reinstate the "most favourite tv character of the year" award, or perhaps even have:-

instead of a sole winner for best actress/actor award, let there will 3 winners..of silver,bronze and gold category. Yes it is another way of "distinguishing" the levels but i guess if one receives a bronze medal, then there is some form of acknowledgement and one knows there is room for improvement.
    There's no real way of addressing a balance really..as afterall, there can be only one winner in each category.no matter if its TVB or the american oscars - SAD part of society really.

i guess to them it's important, cuz it's a mark of success in their career and a certain level that everyone wants to achieve

i feel really bad for kenix..i hope she's not gonna leave tvb cuz of this, since her contracts almost over
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

who is kenix? what show does she act in? sorry, i am not familiar with all the artists' english names.

Default kenix

kenix was a miss hk back in 1994..she was in Dectective investigation files 1-3.

i fully support her..am sure every fan realises she's does her best in protraying the characters she has played and supports her. lets hope 2006 works out a much better year for her..she has quite a lot of unreleased series. Furthermore, if she is in the "sheung shin gei" drama..am sure she'll make a breakthrough
    am sure she herself has a list of favourite characters she has played in her career.

moreso..she has the loving support of her husband

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    kenix was a miss hk back in 1994..she was in Dectective investigation files 1-3.

i fully support her..am sure every fan realises she's does her best in protraying the characters she has played and supports her. lets hope 2006 works out a much better year for her..she has quite a lot of unreleased series. Furthermore, if she is in the "sheung shin gei" drama..am sure she'll make a breakthrough
    am sure she herself has a list of favourite characters she has played in her career.

moreso..she has the loving support of her husband
    Kenix has a lot of unrealeased series? I thought they were all released already.

I think next year her chances would be even more slim. With Ada/Gigi/Maggie in FDYS. Mellissa/Yoyo has many series waiting to be released also.

sometimes it's not the amount of series one has but the quality of it. liza had only woil this year...but she topped off everyone else..altho kenix had 2 and myolie had a lot more..and etc

i really hope kenix recovers from this sadness
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

yeah, really feel sorry for kenix. I so have wished that she would get it this year since she has done quite well in her last series.

In addition she was feeling so confident that she will do it this time. She even said, during that interview, that Liza should get the award for the old people or so. But then this disappointment .

That must have been a real shock for her. Hope she wont give up cuz of this event and further do her best.

yeah i feel bad for kenix even if liza was great in woil tvb should give a chance to someone who never win before

I also think kenix shld win as she had 2 drama this yr and most of the actress from her batch had won before eg.jessica huen, maggie cheung, ada choi etc.

Next yr will be harder for her..

I say Tvb should get rid of all the awards. The anniversary shows were much more enjoyable before them. Also, these awards create too much conflict and affects Tvb's image. Personally, I don't feel the awards mean anything. It's really just a marketing tool used by the company.

The anniversary shows have really become extremely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    just read a article about the fuss that was created due to kenix kwok's recent battle for best actress award with liza.
    Having finished reading the article and from the anniversary show last nite..i do feel very deeply sorry for kenix. She was in tears normally she is a girl full of confidence.
    Kenix was in tears (she was photographed in a recent magazine) but it wasn't because of the anniversary show. The next day after this mag was published, kenix cleared up saying that she was crying due to other things during an interview that touched her feelings (it was related to support from her fans and family).

I would say that winning an award will be perfect for Kenix. She'll be able to add TVB to her list. So, to answer your question, yes, it is important. But, it is not the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by bebe_girl
    Kenix has a lot of unrealeased series? I thought they were all released already.

I think next year her chances would be even more slim. With Ada/Gigi/Maggie in FDYS. Mellissa/Yoyo has many series waiting to be released also.
    Kenix has ---Ten Brothers and Si Gong Investigations not released on HK TV yet.

Next year will be tough for Kenix to compete...

Default kenix

i mean i dont hate lisa for winning cos i believe lisa's character in WOIL was a real breakthrough in her career. lisa was good for her role in "the awakening story"

Default kenix

the awards thing is well over now..life must go on!!
    but i read this on another forum

credits go here:

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Kenix...alk173290.html

show a pic!!

TVB awards are fixed anyways. Who cares if you win one or not.