Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, which is the worst MediaCorp/TCS drama you've seen?

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    haha, look at this
    http://forum.mediacorp.com.sg/board/...threadid=27268
    This person probably went complaining to the "reporter" because everyone's so "mean!!!"
    is he sent by Mediacorp or somethk? or another attempt to show that Mediacorp dramas are so well-received

honestly, i'm quite a tv addict & i'm easily attracted to most serial... beside my fav TVB, i watch Jap & korean serial which are good...
    But Mediacorp serial are rely amaturish & sub-standard...

reporters probably agree that most of singaporean shows are crap too. I remember the joint production last year with Taiwan I believe starring Tay Ping Hui and Phyllis Quek as a wheelchair bound cop. That was REALLY bad.

I'm already kinda on a Mediacorp boycott since I don't watch any of the local productions. If I watch TV, it's just to catch those foreign shows they air.

heyhey. lets do it! send the petition to mediacorp or some newspaper that isnt owned by mcs(is there any anyway?) someone writes it an we sign it and forwards the petition to our friends and lets cross our fingers that we would not watch crap shows anymore!!!
    magic is something science hasn't made boring!

mcs only produce long episode food shows after it was a success in channel u's kindred spirit shows they produce are all being copied from hong kong series....
    portrait of home is an example of a crappy show...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    reporters probably agree that most of singaporean shows are crap too. I remember the joint production last year with Taiwan I believe starring Tay Ping Hui and Phyllis Quek as a wheelchair bound cop. That was REALLY bad.

I'm already kinda on a Mediacorp boycott since I don't watch any of the local productions. If I watch TV, it's just to catch those foreign shows they air.

call urself a singaporean..i am ashamed cuz of ppl like u...mornoic and do not support locals...y dun u go live in some unwanted island and produce ur own shows...oooo...u can't cuz u are a moron
    秦朝誓言天為証,不能同生願同死,千秋萬世永不變

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmaxiaoling
    call urself a singaporean..i am ashamed cuz of ppl like u...mornoic and do not support locals...y dun u go live in some unwanted island and produce ur own shows...oooo...u can't cuz u are a moron
    You are just dying to be flamed into little bits and pieces by the other posters right? Take your bad english and narrow-mindedness to some other forum, say like the MC forum. Maybe you can start a thread there again and complain about us.

Just because you are too blind to see what a terrble state MC is in, it doesn't mean that the rest of us can't criticize them.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    You are just dying to be flamed into little bits and pieces by the other posters right? Take your bad english and narrow-mindedness to some other forum, say like the MC forum. Maybe you can start a thread there again and complain about us.

Just because you are too blind to see what a terrble state MC is in, it doesn't mean that the rest of us can't criticize them.
    Most of Singapore Shows are copied. The shows are also too dramatic or it's too boring.

I luv ma xiao ling like your name says, you love ma xiao ling supposingly from my date with a vampire series and is it local? No it isn't, we have the right to choose which artistes we want to support be it local or not, so really you're being a ***** ovre nothing, you should be ashamed of your language and your unwillingness to accept reality and accept people's criticism, so quit being a ***** and shove a sock up in it.

You ashame me.

Stopped watching TCS drama serials eons ago ... Decided to stop the self-inflicted torture ... The only (ONLY!) TCS production that I actually like is Fu2 Man3 Ren2 Jian1 (not Chun1 Dao4 Ren2 Jian1 casting Sharon Ao, but the earlier one casting Chew Chor Meng and Ann Kok) ... All other TCS productions are extremely strong contenders for the Worst Drama title...

Think that "someone" has got his/her entire identity summarized on a filmsy pink card. Any criticism on the Singaporean aspect of life is an indirect assault on his/her self-identity and a threat to the fragile mental stability. Come on ... Go find yourself ...

And bragging about "knowing" TCS people, who are not even your personal friends (but friends of friends / distant relatives / someone further down the line) ... Is that an extreme case of "basking in reflected glory"? (not that there's any glory ...) ... Such a loyal lackey ...

TCS drama may be bearable in the past, but it's a downhill tumble now ...

I dun know how old you are, but I've watched Singapore TV long enough to remember a time when we actually produced some decent shows. If you want to call someone a moron, at least spell 'moronic' correctly, not 'mornoic'. Most Singapore shows now have some foreign stars in them anyway. So if you're really so patriotic, then just stick to the news.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by YummYYummY
    I luv ma xiao ling like your name says, you love ma xiao ling supposingly from my date with a vampire series and is it local? No it isn't, we have the right to choose which artistes we want to support be it local or not, so really you're being a ***** ovre nothing, you should be ashamed of your language and your unwillingness to accept reality and accept people's criticism, so quit being a ***** and shove a sock up in it.

I am not a local and I came to Singapore to visit my cousin...
    秦朝誓言天為証,不能同生願同死,千秋萬世永不變

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    You ashame me.

Yes!!!!! watz up??? Huh???
    秦朝誓言天為証,不能同生願同死,千秋萬世永不變

the thing is that they tried to produce long dramas after the sucess of zhen qin. but then their scriptwriting is really not up to standard. i really think we need a lot of better scripwriters in mediacorp.

this is actually not a case about betraying local dramas and stuff. the thing is if they really produce lousy dramas why should we support. like that is not support it is blindly support. in the first place, people can only improve thru feedback and complains. mediacorp needs to change and the more we put pressure the better they will be

I think we should just stop replying to a certain troll's comments. Let's just get back on track and let the troll live in his/her misguided world.

Getting back to the topic -

As far as bad family oriented dramas go, Portraits of Home definitely takes the cake of being the lamest and stupidest. However, I am glad to say that recently the 7pm slot had been taken up by a period drama. I did not really watch the show, but from the snippets that I had seen, it's infinitely better that PoH. Could it be because majority of the cast are not Singaporeans??

Weird. Just weird.

If it was down to me you would be given a few warnings and a possible ban looming. But it's not down to me.

I am not a local and I came to Singapore to visit my cousin...
    Yea so you're not local then why the hell you care about us commenting on their acting abilities? It's called commenting, we are NOT stating facts, we are only stating OPINIONS, so really grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I think we should just stop replying to a certain troll's comments. Let's just get back on track and let the troll live in his/her misguided world.

Getting back to the topic -

As far as bad family oriented dramas go, Portraits of Home definitely takes the cake of being the lamest and stupidest. However, I am glad to say that recently the 7pm slot had been taken up by a period drama. I did not really watch the show, but from the snippets that I had seen, it's infinitely better that PoH. Could it be because majority of the cast are not Singaporeans??
    The 7pm slot show now is fu lu shou and its pretty good ^^. Yea even though majority of the cast are not singaporeans, but fann and chris hold significant roles, which proves that singapore does have some good actors ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by YummYYummY
    I did not really watch the show, but from the snippets that I had seen, it's infinitely better that PoH. Could it be because majority of the cast are not Singaporeans??
    It doesn't have to do with the actors. The show isn't even produced by MCS which is why it is good.