Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, which is the worst MediaCorp/TCS drama you've seen?

I think SG productions are really terrible - terok lah.

This may be part of a conspiracy to get us to subscribe to Cable TV or buy TVB / CCTV products...

But I think CCTV productions are improving...

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    I think SG productions are really terrible - terok lah.

This may be part of a conspiracy to get us to subscribe to Cable TV or buy TVB / CCTV products...

But I think CCTV productions are improving...
    You have a wild imagination, but i think its the cruel truth, MC truly sucks XD. Their oldern Drama Serials were so much more enjoyable than the present ones, Tong Xin Yuan 1/2 Happy Fish 1/2, Holland Village was okay for me though. I guess from the moment Holland Village started, which acquired some great awards during star awards, everyone's trying to follow the format, or the same director is taking charge again, but he/she fails to make the show more fascinating.

And yea, CCTV or TVB is definitely more enjoyable, maybe because the talent in Singapore is seriously limited ~>.<~.

MCS is so happy to find what they perceived to be the "success formulae" that they hold on to it for dear life ... Do you notice that shows of the same genre follow in quick successions? And I really can't distinguish between the various Super XXX shows. The contestants are the only difference ... If watching TV is like having a meal, the choices offered by MCS are: (a) baked potatoes (b) french fries (c) curly fries (d) hashbrowns or (e) mashed potatoes... Even if the concept is good, please don't bombard us with it !

Quote Originally Posted by Mo “Tan Yuan”
    MCS is so happy to find what they perceived to be the "success formulae" that they hold on to it for dear life ... Do you notice that shows of the same genre follow in quick successions? And I really can't distinguish between the various Super XXX shows. The contestants are the only difference ... If watching TV is like having a meal, the choices offered by MCS are: (a) baked potatoes (b) french fries (c) curly fries (d) hashbrowns or (e) mashed potatoes... Even if the concept is good, please don't bombard us with it !
    I think they can't really hear you, and maybe the amount of money from calls that people make to vote for their idols is a pretty huge amount XD.

And that's why I thank god for cable ... No more trash for me ... MCS won't last the week if it's pay-TV ...

probably the reason that they're doing so mediocre-ly, is because its free-to-air channels. they think we forever suckers for those super-long family dramas.

they need to stop thinking that one good formula will work repeatedly for the next 10 years.

one gd drama doesn't mean that their next 20 dramas must have similar format/theme.

arghz!

mediocre. lol. what a spoof of the channel's name.

And that's why I thank god for cable ... No more trash for me ... MCS won't last the week if it's pay-TV ...
    Sadly i dun have cable , but i do have a PS 2 and Xbox XD.

Althou e general standard of TVB serial is goin downhill, but they are still a million times better than MC dramas.... at least TVB still produce a variety of drama with diff theme, from wu-xia to kung fu, from ancient to modern...

If u noticed, MC only produced ONE genre of drama now... modern serial. And the theme is always one of the 3:

1) LOVE--- Love Conceige & all e similar clone dramas of a singel parent with 3 daughters
    2) Family--- Potrait of home (vomit-inducing serial) Double Happiness, Holland V
    3) Disease related... usually the disease which NKF is tryin to highlight... over the past 3 yrs, we easily had 10 dramas with a NKF-related theme (not counting e NKF charity gala shows)

Not only is TVB better, Korean & Jap are also producing quality shows from time 2 time... it's only Mediacorp which seems to be sufferin from some brain dead syndrome....

The only trait one can attribute to MCS is consistency ... in maintaining their mediocrity of standards, and the "one-genre-one-decade" strategy ...

Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafai
    Althou e general standard of TVB serial is goin downhill, but they are still a million times better than MC dramas.... at least TVB still produce a variety of drama with diff theme, from wu-xia to kung fu, from ancient to modern...

If u noticed, MC only produced ONE genre of drama now... modern serial. And the theme is always one of the 3:

1) LOVE--- Love Conceige & all e similar clone dramas of a singel parent with 3 daughters
    2) Family--- Potrait of home (vomit-inducing serial) Double Happiness, Holland V
    3) Disease related... usually the disease which NKF is tryin to highlight... over the past 3 yrs, we easily had 10 dramas with a NKF-related theme (not counting e NKF charity gala shows)

Not only is TVB better, Korean & Jap are also producing quality shows from time 2 time... it's only Mediacorp which seems to be sufferin from some brain dead syndrome....
    Actually i dun think that TVB's standard is going down , still love their drama serials, and regarding the NKF shows, we must remember that it was once run by a barstard who embezzled funds, and so we shouldn't blame the current chairman. So the amount of charity shows they are gonna host will naturally decrease.

Worse still, MCS always re-telecast those series and variety shows that had earlier on been shown on SCV ch 55 and 56. I feel shortchanged.
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

My policy is to ignore Channel 8 & U completely and adopt SCV as my default entertainment channel .... I actually like the two channels when they are at each others' throats and importing TVB dramas by the trunkloads but good times never last ... But they can still serve as "re-run channels" ...

have not been watching talk cock sing song for quite some time liao
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafai

actually there are shows that doesnt fall into one of the above. but those shows mainly have either fann (beautiful illusion) or christopher (period dramas) in it... those shows above are too local.. until grassroot level that kind.

lol this is a "criticize MC forum",but frankly speaking mc needs to improve alot more as almost all productions are low cost and doesn't capture the attention of audience.The recent NKF case brought down what reputation is left for it

Thumbs down

Mediacorp shows are the worst in the world i swear.. rainbow connection sucks like S***... love concierge sucks,.. all sucks k.. they allllllllll try to send shi*** gov't messages to singaporeans.. WTFing GOD????

i don't if we have gone beyond the line. It seems that the case has worsen so much that we might arouse the attention of MC

They probably don't care. See my previous post (Post #61).

i don't really know, but many serials are copied frm the west(no originality)

Quote Originally Posted by dEStr0
    i don't if we have gone beyond the line. It seems that the case has worsen so much that we might arouse the attention of MC
    I do hope we arouse MCS's attention. They are too complacent now cos they are the monopoly. But there was a time in the 80s and 90s when they were good, even though they were a monopoly. What happened?