Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Face to Fate 《布衣神相》

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    lol well at least this one you know that Raymond has white hair...do they both have similar plot lines...good versus evil kind?
    i know lethal weapons is based on a novel by huang yi. but is face to fate also based on a novel?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I have no idea...I dont even have an idea on what the plot is about except that its good versus evil and that Raymond's character has that disease....I haven't read ANY chinese novels so I dont think you should me asking me that question
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

I saw the promotional clips, looks like Raymond will turn evil? And it seems like he titles '布衣神相' refers to Frankie Lam .... 李布衣 is Frankie and 赖药儿 is Raymond's char.

..... another thing, most of TVB adaptations of Huang Yi's novels are starred by Raymond .... like Tony Leung used to starred in most of JY's adaptations :-D
    Last edited by tinac; 12-20-05 at 08:49 AM.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Ok, I found the wen rui an novel on the net. 布衣神相 'bu yi shen xiang' is actually a series of 6 books and one of them is 神医赖药儿 ... and Raymond's character in the series is called 赖药儿 .... so, I guess it is an adaptation of the book.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

so this series is an adaption from the book? wells, hope TVB makes it a good series cause TVB tends to change things around...like TOB...which sucks
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

Well since its based on a novel I'm anticapating it will be nothing like the novel lol...TVB tend to change a lot of the plot...they only use the general idea...but hope this adaption is more true to the book...good thing I haven't read it!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

yah, i know eh...if i read the book and then watched this series and find out that its nothing like the book...i think would like hate it although Raymond would change that...haha
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

oh i see yeah i noticed raymond stars in almost all huang yi's novels. i hope though that the title of this series is 神醫賴葯兒 though
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

*shakes head* You should of not said anything..now Cherrie is going to go crazy over 神醫賴葯兒....silly
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

lol it's a much better idea isn't?
    cherrie

I scanned thru the books, I think 赖药儿 appears in 2 of the books and mentioned in anoher one.... wonder if the series is based on the entire series, not just one book.

well i think it's based on the whole novel. perhaps they just omitted these and those characters and jammed it all in one series. afterall, they did manage to make asitp into a 40ep series...
    cherrie

Yeah I doubt they will do it on just one book...there would be so many possibilitise of many sequels. Usually when they do a series based on a novel they usually do the entire series...to kinda conclude it when they conclude it too.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

any news on when this will be released? it seems to be a very long time now since they finished filming...
    cherrie

I am really keen on watching this serie.... all because of RAYMOND LAM & TAVIA YEUNG
    Really hope that they pair up in this serie....
    * CHARMAINE SHEH 佘詩曼 * KENNETH MA 馬國明 * TAVIA YEUNG 楊怡 * TIFFANY TANG 唐嫣 * HU GE 胡歌 * YUAN SHAN SHAN 袁姍姍 * ROY CHIU 邱澤 * FALA CHAN 陳法拉 * MYOLIE WU 胡杏兒 * LINDA CHUNG 鍾嘉欣 * SUNNY CHAN 陳錦鴻 *

I'm not quite sure myself but it looks like it will be released around March - May because there are still series that have been finished filming before Face to Fate and haven't been aired. TVB has turned odd and airing old series at this time probably due to many viewers having a holiday. Heard they are gona air THM and GM soon. There's still APCOM to be aired and I doubt they would plan to air another Tavia series so soon after.

I was hoping it to be Raymond and Tavia but unfortunately it isn't...again!
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    I was hoping it to be Raymond and Tavia but unfortunately it isn't...again!
    it never is...and golden faith doesn't really count...as their storyline as super small. thank goodness we have the power of fanfiction....
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

oh march-may?!?! that's a very very loooonnngggg wait! sometimes tvb just can't make us happy...... but oh well at least lethal weapons will air in just 2wks time hehe getting myself braced for the 1st ep

btw, whew! this is my 7900th post!

merry xmas all!
    cherrie

I know! Speaking of fanfiction...didnt you promise that you will finish it before the end of the year? I'm eagerly waiting for another one!

I'm assuming its March - May, I guess its not an entirely a bad thing. I might be going to HK then so I maybe able to catch a glimpse of it. But lets hope that LWOLAP gets FINALLY aired...haha off topic again Lets just hope they wont continue to postpone FTF
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

hehe who knows you might be lucky then when you go to hk, raymond has already returned to hk from his china trip and if ftf will be shown then, perhaps he will have some function promoting that
    cherrie