Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fashion 70's...

Question Fashion 70's...

Have you watched it?
    How is it?

I haven't watch it. Who are the leading actor/actress? I heard that it wasn't that good maybe I got some wrong infos...
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

I fell in love with this series. For me this was the best series of the year. The story and the acting and the cinematography is great. And the 2 guys are just hot and i love their characters. It stars Joo Jin Mo and Lee Yo Won. This is a must see. Even though it's 28 episodes it's definitely worth it if u want to watch a good quality drama. But the first 4 episodes are the best and the story does slow down but still very much worth to watch. I hope it wins all the sbs awards because it definitely deserves it. You can go here for a review of the drama and this person writes great reviews. http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/004272.html

what is it about?
    ------sassy girl rain! SSH! em all!------

Cast: Joo Jin-moo, Lee Yo-won, Kim Min-jung, Jeon Jung-myeong
    Story about designer Deo-mi (Lee Yo-won) who made a name for herself designing clothes that changed the trends of the 70's. Two friends Joon-hee (Lee Yo-won) and Kang-hee (Kim Min-jung) live in difficult times of the Korean war. Joon-hee comes from a loving family, while Kang-hee's mother is known to be a thief. One day, during an attack, Joon-hee is separated from her parents. Her mother ends up getting killed. Lost, Joon-hee meets Jang Bin (Jeon Jung-myeong) who tries to help her find her parents.

After years pass by, Joon-hee and Kang-hee meet again. Both wanting to become famous designers. Joon-hee becomes Deomi (a famous fashion designer) while Kang-hee takes on the name of "Ko Joon-hee" (Deo-mi's real name) after Joon-hee was known to be missing years ago. Dong-young (Joo Jin-moo), the son of a government official meet's Deo-mi and helps her achieve her dream!
    credit: http://www.efanguide.com/~koreandramas/dramas.html

Personally, i didn't like the drama a lot and i still haven't finished watching it. Sure the acting was decent, cinematography and soundtrack are very good but the story line, after the first couple of eps really really drags. However, it's still worth a look.

I love this series. One of the best to come out this year. Worth all the time and effort, because it has 28 episodes. Plus the acting is good and the storyline is really good. The guys are not bad looking either. This is a good one.

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

I like this series......but I was a bit disappointed with the ending! I was disgusted with the way Dong-young acted after what happend to Kang Hee! I meant I know he felt sorry for Kang Hee but his reaction was a bit over the top for a friend! It make me wonder who he really love, Deo-mi or Kang Hee! For a minute there I was hoping Doe-mi end up with Bin because Dong-young doesn't reserve her love with the way he treated her!

Overall its a good series and Joo Jin-moo is one hell of good looking man ! Hope to see more of him in the futrue .

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Fallen05_/cfc61c41.jpg')-$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Fallen05_/JJM.jpg')
    Cheers!!!!!!

I liked the beginning when the 4 characters were kids, but it was downhill thereafter, and I was hoping it could played more with the spy plot instead of getting fixated just on the love quadrangle.

I liked the acting tremendously tho, especially JJM and KMJ. I was disappointed with the role of Doemi as it fell into the cliche of the typical K-drama heroine which was do "yawn" boring....but Kang Hee's character bordered between good and evil and KMJ pulled it off so well as a woman truly tormented by her identity.

When I found out how they spun the tale, I stopped at episode 17 as I could not bear to continue and it was really dragging.

I'm torn now whether to buy it or not...
    any more reviews/comments...?

Is it really good? How much would you rate it out of 10? Just wondering if it would worth the time watching...
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

anyone watching it now?

I am...the guys are goodlooking but not the girls!

I'm currently watching this show and it's pretty interesting. My main point of interest of course is the handsome man JJM. I have to admit he's the epitome of beauty with a hundred kinds of hotness about him. He's such a manly man who makes BYJ looking like a lady. (OK, I was just saying I know BYJ really was responsible for that himself.) Honestly it has been a long time since I saw an attractive Korean actor so it's kind of hard for me to stop myself from ogling at him (even if he was just on the tv screen.)

Anyways, I'm up to ep 17. I like the eps when DY was at the island and got bitten by some kind of poisonous sea creature and DM was there to save him. (It was the high angst level that kept me going. I watched this till late in the night and I don't know how long ago I've done that.) Anyways, he promised that he would stay by her side. Of course I knew the series wouldn't take place on the island for long. So as fate has it. When she went away for shopping, the PM came and DY left per the PM's request. After DM found out, she was ringing the bell with tears streaming down her face. 'Mom, I have to leave this island. I thought I love you the most but that's not true. When you pass away, I can live on with my life but I can't live without him. It feels as if my heart stops when I think of not being able to see him again.' So she packed her stuff and left the island looking for DY.

At the end of ep 16 the frontation was dramatic then turned angt-y. After that DY and DM had this confession moment that was really sweet. 'I'm so stupid. I left my mom and the island to go look for you while you played me like a fool.' She ran way. He followed and asked her to stay. They spent the night in some abandoned house. He said 'I'm not thinking about my father now. I'm not even thinking about my work. I'm following my direction of love, obeying the command of your heart'. (He was supposed to meet the PM for dinner but he ditched the PM for her.) She asked him when did he fall for her and he said he couldn't say. 'Maybe it was when you told me I'm handsome. I guess that was when I started falling for you.' When she saw that he was wearing her bullet shell around his neck, she knew that his heart was with her all along. They embraced. It was very sweet and romantic. (I could feel my inner self giggling like a school girl when I saw that scene.)

I'm looking forward to see more.

Exclamation

im planning to buy this series, but is the story really good?
    thanks!!!
    >Love hyun Bin and Bi!!!

>My name is kim sam soon, Full house, Winter sonata, Goong, Wonderful Life (ADDICTION!!!)

Very draggy towards the end...many scenes on fashion shows and the fashion industry...

The drama is quite long, but it is worth buying. You just have to have lots of time to watch everything. THe story, acting and visuals are good. I bought one and did not regret it. But it helps if the subs are good.

Wahh... it's listed as out of print from yesasia already. Is that for real? Isn't it just last year?

Anyways, ep 18-22 weren't as sweet as last week's eps but they were still enjoyable. Hightlight is DY's confrontation scene with his dad. The other one is when he embraced her before he left. With tears streaming down his cheeks, he kept repeating "I love you, I love you so much..."

I'm sure the performances from the other artists are great as well but I can't see them. I'm never so blind, my judgement is clouded and inclined. I've fallen deeper into the JJM obsession and can't seem to get out (not that I want to get out neither. ) Whenever I see him on screen, my eyeballs are fixed on target, my heart turns to mush and I'm weak in the knees. His smile becomes the most charming thing I've ever witnessed in my entire movies watching career. I also upgraded his status to 'possible stalk worthy' to a solid 'stalk worthy'. Now that speaks volume.

I'm currently watching it and i'm kinda confused. What position does Joo-Jin Moo have with the govt? Why did the CIA want to arrest him? I'm on the episode where Doemi moves to Seoul..

So far, it's good...
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE
    I'm currently watching it and i'm kinda confused. What position does Joo-Jin Moo have with the govt? Why did the CIA want to arrest him? I'm on the episode where Doemi moves to Seoul..

So far, it's good...
    I have two more episodes to go. I suggest that you continue watching and you will know DY's position in the government. I like how the storyline develops towards the end. It's one of the best I've watched so far....

thank Richelle...I'm understanding the series now...man, will Doemi ever going to change the way she dress???
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE
    thank Richelle...I'm understanding the series now...man, will Doemi ever going to change the way she dress???
    I've just finished watching it. Well, Doemi will get to wear better clothings towards the end of the series, and with little make up on, but she is not a good dresser really. But, I like her face, very sweet, considering that she was already married when she was doing this series.