View Poll Results: In the movie "Twin of Brothers" who is really the main guy character??

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • RAYMOND LAM

38 59.38%
  • RON NG

7 10.94%
  • who??

2 3.13%
  • i dont care

7 10.94%
  • BOTH !!!!!!!!

20 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Twins Of Brothers 《大唐雙龍傳》

Quote Originally Posted by Faythe
    ... It's sort of comforting in a way, knowing that even in his death, the only person that he was waiting and cared for was Yuk Chi. However, I still didn't like the ending though. I wished that he didn't die and live happily with Yuk Chi and Ron.

that would be cool, but the ending hurts just like the truth hurts. hahhahaha
    I might not look smart under the eyes of a genius, but rather intelligent in front of an idiot's perspective. Then, what are you, an idiot or a genius?

The below is totally from my POV, how I saw it, dont bother arguing, its just a waste of time.

Performances:
    Tavia: The thing I like about her character is she doesnt put herself lower because shes a woman or above because shes princess, she treats everyone equally. She always thinks before she does anything. She suffers quite a lot, being away from Ray and marrying someone else, then losing her husband. She understands everyone she meets. Really strong character. Character: 4.5/5
    Her acting was very impressive; she was only one of the few who actually made me cry. Acting: 5/5

Li Quan: she annoyed me from the moment I saw her until the very last tape. She wasnt very annoying in the last tape. She finally matured down. She is the luckiest character, because she got to spend a lot of time with ray. I hate her for her constant accusing and her judgement, playing hard. Every since she fell in love with ray she became so distanced with Tavia, I find is shocking they grew up together, but all the sudden its like they never knew each other. I do like her for being there with ray. Shes pretty thoughtless, always accusing when she never hears their side of the story. Character: 2.5/5
    She is horrible at some expressions, like pissed off and angry. She over did it with swinging her arms and dragging her words long. Her crying is very good, but she cried too much I dont even feel sorry for her. 7.5/10

Ron: He only acts well when hes with Raymond; he acts pretty horrible when hes not. The last tape he acted really well. Character 4/5 acting 3/5

Nancy: I love her character, shes adorable, always protecting Ron and not the saddy little girl who her lover doesnt love her. Acting 4/5 character: 4/5

Chai siew- I like his character towards the end, he matured down, not that little guy who gets upset because he doesnt have something he wants. He was selfish for marrying tavia when he knew she doesnt like him.

Ray - Tav
    It was love at first sight, she left him a good impression from the moment he saw her up close. She saved him from the evil guy or else he wouldve been dead. That is how their relationship started to build up. I love the way he made the grass ring for her by hand, how he saved her when she fell down the mountain and hugged her until she woke up. The way he looked every time she left him. Too bad he didnt love her the most, but he does have feelings for her and he said shes important to him. At the end she said she could feel ray around her protecting her, perhaps he is?

Favourite Scenes:
    -When tav fell off the cliff and screamed his name and he jumbed down the cliff to save her
    -Ray hugged her while looking at the mountains until she woke up
    -When he said he didnt want the path to end while holding her hand
    -The part when he said hed win the city for her, I loved the way they looked at each other
    -When ray finally knew that tav married chai seiw because she owed him so much and asked her if they could get back together
    -When ray gave tavia a shoulder to cry on, he was hurt to see her cry
    -When ray was like so pretty when he saw tavia, while his nose was bleeding
    -When they were under that waterfall thingy
    -When ray yelled at tavia accusing her for using everyone

*when tavia told ray to hate her if it makes him feel better
    *when ray asked tavia if she believe that he can jump over the other side and she said yes! and he made it across
    *when tavia used herself to let ray escaped
    *when ray was telling her about li quan's marriage they just sat there looking at sunset
    *when ray arrived to help tav and her bro, the first thing he asked was "where's tavia?"
    *the way tav looked when they hugged under the firecracker scene

Ive always wondered why she didnt let him kiss her. they're so romantic together!

Waise Christine
    -When Christine was fighting with that yellow fabric around her, so ladylike
    -When they were trapped on the island
    -When waise killed the emperor, very cool
    -The last hug he gave her before he died
    Without those two relationships, I wouldve given up on this series.

The ending wasnt that sad, I didnt cry. When Ron was with Leila telling her that hell never forget her was really sad, felt sorry for both of them, he told her not to tell Nancy because he didnt want her to get mad. At the end when he read the letter Nancy sent him, they filmed his eye. He does have feelings for Nancy, he thought of her before he died, but his feelings for her arent as strong as his feelings for Leila. They probably didnt get married because who would be at their wedding? I didnt really hate the concubine.
    Last edited by bebe_girl; 11-19-04 at 11:02 PM.

I give this series 6/10.
    Only liked Waise/christine, ray/tavia plus nancy.

I hope that Li Quan will act withh Raymond again as a couple. I know that the chance of them acting with each other again is very slim, but I can hope. They have such amazing chemistry. The only reason why I watched this serie was because of them. I think that Li Quan is very cute, and she's a good actress. I don't like Tavia and Raymond together. They are so boring together. Tavia may be a strong woman but she gives up on her love way too fast. She has to know that after all Raymond and Li Quan have been thru together, he would choose Li Quan, and that his feelings for Li Quan would be deeper than hers.

Yeah she did give up on their love at the beginning, but have you ever wondered why?

hey bebe_girl what do u give ray for character nd performance?
    raymond lam is soo sexiiii...<33

Some parts ray acted bad but overall i'll give him a 5/5 because it's really hard to act some scenes he did, and he did it really, really good. For character, 4/5.

I like Leila whenever she's with her father and some parts with Ron. The underwater kissing scene was soooooo sweet, i love that part.
    acting : 3.5/5 character 4/5

The Evil Emperor, Ai Hei (sp?) were one of my favourite characters.

I didn't feel like rating them because I was too lazy. I would've written more, but don't feel like it. we know the the person ray really loves the most is Ron, then Li quan. I thought it would make more sense if Ron died. Not that i want him to be dead but at the beginning, they would rather die then be apart.

Tavia chose gratitude, and security before love. She wanted to repay the other guy, so she abandoned Raymond. I think the other reason is that she felt unsure with Raymond. She saw the chemistry between him and Yuk Chi. She wasn't sure if his heart will stay with her forever. I think that in the end, they should have let both guys die, rather than just one.

i agree. its so hard to believe they would separate ray and ron like that at the end. they are supposedly the best of friends and it doesnt make sense for one to die and not the other. but i unno. in the middle of the series it seemed like ron n ray's friendship was in a way broken. they were separated physically and mentally and didnt know each other anymore. mostly because ray started turning evil but afterwards they never recovered from that separation. i think that was weird and sad.
    currently watching: Sunshine Heartbeat
    current crush: Charles Szeto
    past crushes: Jerry Yan, Won Bin

Their personality is a bit different. Raymond became more ambitious, and Ron is still the same. Plus, they both sort of chase a different dreams. Raymond did changed and Ron wasn't there to witnessed it. I think that in the end, the two people that understood Raymond the most was Raymond's right hand follower and Yuk Chi. They were on the journey with him from the beginning to the end, so they knew what he was capable of and not capable of. But there's no doubt that the person Raymond loved the most was Ron and then Yuk Chi.

so true, i agree with u. sometimes, i wonder if the person ray loves the most is Ron instead of both the girls! oh well...i still love the Ray and Yuk Chi together. i agree with everything anyone say when supporting them. those who support Travia(i think that's her name) and ray, good for u, but i don't for many good reasons that had already been given.
    I don't make my decisions fearing fate, Fate makes his.

I don't support Tav and Ray, nor Ray and Li Qian.

I went for Tav and Chai Siu!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

i support them too. after they got married, i was like, well, i hope their marriage last. not that i don't ever want to see them agian but if we don't see them then it would mean their marriage was a happy one and then ray wouldn't be accused of killing her husband. such a shame that things didn't work out for them two. although, i didn't like Chai Siu at all, he did truley love Tav!

oh forgot to ask. i finish watching the whole series but, i never got to watch the episode where Ray meet Yuk Chi! the stupid tape i got was all mess up and i couldn't watch it. so someone please, please tell me how they meet and details please.....

Default Oh~~~

Can someone pls tell me which eppy these scenes are from?

-When tav fell off the cliff and screamed his name and he saved her
    -Ray hugged her until she woke up

PLS PLS PLS~!!
    thx thx thx~
    Guys are like dessert; it's nice to have 'em, but I won't die without 'em.
    See U in my dream; be on time!
    Can't fall for U if U r not there to catch me~

There were some good scenes in TOB it like WOWed me i stared at the tv with like popping eyes but the next scene it's like boooooooooring.

Quote Originally Posted by casablanca_lily
    Can someone pls tell me which eppy these scenes are from?

-When tav fell off the cliff and screamed his name and he saved her
    -Ray hugged her until she woke up

PLS PLS PLS~!!
    thx thx thx~
    It was on the last tape, I think it was episode 31-34? and wow.. those parts were just so touching! T__T

I just finished watching it, the ending was sad... but not superiorly sad...I'm not sure why. I think it's because the fact that Ray was still able to talk to Ron and the fact that Ron didn't die made me not so devastated. I mean, the thing I love the most in this serie is Ron and Ray being bff so if they were apart, then i'd be like, NOoooOOO but the thing is, they're not literally apart. So, I'm happy for them.

Here are my ratnigs for them:
    Ray: character: 4.5/5, his character is likable.
    Acting ability: 4.5/5. Sometimes, when Ray is acting flirty, his face is kinda too calm. I mean, the eyes are shining, but... I don't know. There's something missing.

Ron: character: 4/5. Sometimes he's such a wuss, but I love his friendship with Ray.
    Acting ability: 3/5. More expressing needed sometimes.

Tavia: character: 4.5/5. Loved her all through the serie but one or two times I didn't really like her.
    Acting ability: 5/5. She should've won some award for the way she have acted and her beauty.

Leila: character: 4/5. I like her character but it can be soo boring sometimes.
    Acting ability: 3.75/5. It's good for her to be able to portray such a calm role.

Nancy: character: 4/5. it's hilarious!
    Acting ability: 4.5/5. She should've won most improved. Not Shirley. In the end of the serie, I actually wanted her to live together with Ron and Liela and have a good life together.

This serie was certainly a good one, but not my absolute favourite.
    I'm looking foward to seeing more of: Ray, Leila, Tavia, and Ron.
    WU ZUN ! <3

Quote Originally Posted by sesshomaru86
    oh forgot to ask. i finish watching the whole series but, i never got to watch the episode where Ray meet Yuk Chi! the stupid tape i got was all mess up and i couldn't watch it. so someone please, please tell me how they meet and details please.....
    They meet on a carriage, Ray and Ron was on their way into the town Duong Chau, and they were chasing by Qua Cap...they were hiding under Yuk Chi's carriage on her way to Tavia's place. At that time she was dressed up as a man...so they both thought she was a man..Because Ray didnt know that she is a woman, so he accidently touched her on her leg...and she thought he was touching her deliberately....that was why she hated him then.

ooh what do you give Li Quan cupcakes?