View Poll Results: In the movie "Twin of Brothers" who is really the main guy character??

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • RAYMOND LAM

38 59.38%
  • RON NG

7 10.94%
  • who??

2 3.13%
  • i dont care

7 10.94%
  • BOTH !!!!!!!!

20 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Twins Of Brothers 《大唐雙龍傳》

Quote Originally Posted by The Khan
    Once again TVB butchers an excellent novel and turns it into a horrendous serial.
    So many convoluted inter character relationships just to cut out important chars in the story.

To those who might be interested in the actual proper story, the novel the series is based on was written by Huang Yi and spans 63 novels.

Shi Fei Xuan and Shi Qing Xuan are two different chars. Xu Zi Ling marries Shi Qing Xuan
    Kou Zhong is not supposed to die. He marries Song Yuzhi.

Kou Zhong does give up becoming emperor when he has the upper hand partly due to Xu Zhi Ling's advice, and also he realises he would lose his freedom to do whatever he wanted if he became emperor, so he decides to make a deal with Li Shi Ming to fight against the northern barbarians and also to show Yu Zhi that he was not simply using her for his conquest and really loves her.

The serial would have been so much better had TVB stuck to the proper storyline instead of butchering wholesales parts of the story. It might have required more extras and more episodes but this serial was supposed to be a big production anyway.
    Hey, thanks for the info. I never get to read any of these novels--although 63 sounds pretty long--so I'm always glad someone has and mentions them. The novel sounds a lot better. It would have been a whole lot better if TVB stuck with the novel, too!! One day, I'll find these novels and catch up on them...but then I think I'll start comparing them and the serials will lose their appeal to me!

Quote Originally Posted by ccsakura
    She really annoyed my too even before she started to be the Kings concubine. Well nothing much really happens to her after she sees Khau Trong die she just ends up feeling really empty. TVB should have made her die a horrible death.

*faints*

nothing happens to her? how could they? I prefer that Tavia's brother would kill her or something, or punish her.

Or maybe she could have just gone crazy or something.... buit NOTHING !

yeah, as i said before, I think Tavia's 2nd bro was miscasted.. i dont'k now why they chose him to act. I was thinking someone comparable to Ron and Ray
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Faythe
    I like this serie too. Actually, I watched it mainly because of Kau Chong and Yuk Chi. Not really that interested in other characters that much. Although, I like their Godaunt and the guy that she likes too. Ray did picked Yuk Chi. The person that he loves the most is Yuk Chi. He already explained things to Tavia. He told her that while they were watching the firework, he felt that their feelings were in the past (therefore the not happy face on the date with her). He lied to Yuk Chi about not picking her because he didn't want her to mourned for him after he died. He didn't explained his actions to her because they didn't have enough time, and she knew the reason why at the end too without him telling her. The scene where he watched the fireworks with Tavia was their date. He requested a date with both girls in exchanged for ending the feud with Tavia's brother. He wanted to know how he feels about these two women. When Yuk Chi thought that he didn't picked her, she was very hurt, but she wasn't mad. He was hurt too when he lied to her. His eyes were all misty. Trust me when I say that the farewell scene between Kau Chong and Yuk Chi was very emotional. It was so sad. He wanted to kissed her before he disappeared, but dang those producers didn't let them. He disolved just right when his lips met hers. After that she was just crying next to his body. She took his body to the scene of their date. As for the final scene with Ray and Ron, they did mentioned Yuk Chi. Ron was telling Ray that he knows that Yuk Chi will visit him and the next day and he knows not to interrupt them, since Ray dumped a friend for a girl. Ray said that he guessed he will have to save his appetite to eat with Yuk Chi. They didn't mentioned Tavia.
    Thank you, Faythe! Reading this almost brought tears to my eyes, but it wouldnt be the first time because im such an addict of TOB. I live Tavia and her character and all, but li quian is more suitable for ray. Call me silly, but ray and li quian have such good chemistry together that makes me want to wish that those twos would star again in some other TVB series. Is it just me?!! ANd i agree with you: other characters are simply TOO boring except for Wan Wan. I love her!

to blue tomato,
    You're not the only one that wants Li Qian and Ray to act as a couple again. There are plenty of others who wished the same. I know that I do. I watched all their scenes together. It's amazing how much chemistry they have together when they don't even speak the same language.

To Faythe, and other Ray-Li quian fans

Do you think it's possible that TVB will produce another series starting those twos? I don't know if it was the high-tech effect but the garden scene was unbelievably romantic. Plus whenever Ray said something that seemed to hurt Li quian's feelings, you could almost feel his remorse (shown by his misty eyes). I just love those twos. They make such a GREAT COUPLE! I still havent seen the ending yet, but knowing that Ray is going to die gets me so angry. A sequel to TOB would be nice, then again, how will the plot turn out? I guess his death equilibrates everything else. It's good to know that even when he dies, he still thinks of Ron and LI quian.

I highly doubt if TVB will sequel. However, there's still chance they will be pairing up again in future roles. Who knows ? It's not impossible since Li Qian is working for a new serie for TVB now.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/a04.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/a02.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/c03.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/c05.jpg'), '')

liqian is working on a new tvb series now? which one?
    raymond lam is soo sexiiii...<33

I believe it's Roaming Sword with Sunny Chan, Sonija and sammual.
    bleh, that sucks.

I don't get how ppl say the ending sucks. I know its sad, but i think it was obvious.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

well it doesnt SUCK buh i think some of us think its "unfair" or just sad that ray died and not ron or ray had to leave liqian behind.
    raymond lam is soo sexiiii...<33

I don't know why so many people have problems with li quian being couple with Ray in TOB. Is it because she's not as pretty as Tavia? I know Ray mostly stars with Tavia or Michelle. LI quian has a fresh look. I admit she's not a total knockout but she's cute (and sometimes cute is good). The only reason why she doesnt stand out in TOB because they gave her ugly hair and and a mediocre outfit. SHe looked so much better when she went home to visit her father and Ray came to ask for her hand in marriage (then the garden scene). THe hairstyle and the outfit looked great on her. I hope TVB will promote Ray and Li quian together. IT would be nice to see Ray falling in love with someone else other than Tavia/MIchelle.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_tomato
    I don't know why so many people have problems with li quian being couple with Ray in TOB. Is it because she's not as pretty as Tavia? I know Ray mostly stars with Tavia or Michelle. LI quian has a fresh look. I admit she's not a total knockout but she's cute (and sometimes cute is good). The only reason why she doesnt stand out in TOB because they gave her ugly hair and and a mediocre outfit. SHe looked so much better when she went home to visit her father and Ray came to ask for her hand in marriage (then the garden scene). THe hairstyle and the outfit looked great on her. I hope TVB will promote Ray and Li quian together. IT would be nice to see Ray falling in love with someone else other than Tavia/MIchelle.
    actually li qian is cute in a plain way. it's just that her complexion is good. i have nothing against her moles; as a matter of fact, if it weren't for her moles, i would have a hard time distinguishing her from any other chinese because that is how average looking she is.

i prefer ray with tav because they actually look compatible where as li qian really looks like a little girl trying hard to look grown up but failing miserbly (yes, most asians look rather young for their age but ray and tav happen to look more mature if not appropriate for their age). she's not a bad actress but not a great one either. but honestly, she is definitely above michelle in terms of acting but not up to par with tav. yes, i'm a tav fan. no, i'm not defending tav by trying to put li qian down. i'm tav's fan because she acts well and takes on different roles successfully. maybe if and when li qian reaches tav's status then i will also become her fan...but in the meantime i'll just point out that people tend to confuse good roles with good acting. ie mich in eh. if they want to pair ray up with someone fresh, try other singaporean actresses or thai actresses or mainland actresses. heck, if tvb has the guts to pair ray with charmaine, why not ray with shui ling? or gyy? anyhow, li qian is not the only actress out there. and no, i don't see the chemistry between her and ray. so any non-tvb actress will just be as good if not better with ray.

the last thing i need is another plain looking or average looking actress taking over the screen.
    Last edited by patricia n; 11-29-04 at 02:19 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I think that Li Qian is a good actress. At least she played her role well. She may not be pretty, but she's cute. She grows on you. Just because she is tiny doesn't mean that she doesn't look right with Ray. I am definitely not biased because this is the first serie I have ever seen her in. As for Tavia, her acting is ok. She's not above Li Qian. Li Qian may be alot smaller than Ray, but that's what make her look so cute next to Ray. I agree that Li Qian's role is really good, but if she sucks, then her character would be really sucks too. If that was the case, there wouldn't be so many people like her. And there wouldn't be so many people vouching for Yuk Chi and Kau Chong. There are lots of people out there that watched this serie maninly for Yuk Chi and Kau Chong, so I think that she got pretty good response from people. I read on the forum that many people at first didn't think that they would like her with Ray, but once they start watching the serie, they love her character with Ray's character. From that big changed of response, she must be doing something right. I think that she's the only mainland actress that actually collaborates with TVB twice.

Whether you like to admit it or not, Li Qian has definitely won the hearts of many new fans since her appearance in TOB. It's rather unfair to compare her to any TVB actresses because she is not even considered as TVB Actress, yet. However, one must be blind to not see that there is something amazingly special with Li Qian and the contribution she has made to the role of YukChi. Before this serie, I can honestly say no one would even care who she is or otherwise. But whether care to admit it, from any point of view she has captured the attention, especially devotion from a big audience.

She's still very new to the TV industry, but this girl has a lot of potential and I have confidence that if given the opportunity and chance, this talent girl will be notice and appraised soon!
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/a04.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/a02.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/c03.jpg'), '')
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://siubing.yes520.net/images/c05.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    the last thing i need is another plain looking or average looking actress taking over the screen.

Sometime people forget that TALENT should be a priority before LOOKS.

Maybe people now days only LOOK at actresses, instead of appreciating them for their talents. Thus the reason why we always see more of undeservingly promoted Miss HK winners and contestants (most of whom cannot even act. ) by TVB instead of non-pageant contestants with REAL talent.

So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_tomato

Actually I think Yuk Chi looked best with the braid across her foreheard in yellow and blue outfits. I didn't like her hair much when she came home to her father (although I love those scenes at her house the most)

Quote Originally Posted by mklxpp
    well it doesnt SUCK buh i think some of us think its "unfair" or just sad that ray died and not ron or ray had to leave liqian behind.
    True That.

TVB should have kept the original novel ending.
    It would have made everyone of us happier.

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnRain
    Sometime people forget that TALENT should be a priority before LOOKS.

Maybe people now days only LOOK at actresses, instead of appreciating them for their talents. Thus the reason why we always see more of undeservingly promoted Miss HK winners and contestants (most of whom cannot even act. ) by TVB instead of non-pageant contestants with REAL talent.

So sad.
    hmmm....you seem to have completely missed my point. didn't i make myself clear when i mentioned that i prefer tav to li qian because tav is a better actress and is also prettier. need i remind you that tav didn't enter a beauty pageant to get where she is today? mind you, i am a fan of noel leung, ada choi, tav yeung, shui ling because these ladies have the best of both worlds.

as for my comment about plain looking people, i don't mind them so long as they don't try to act cute. it's painful.

and one more thing, i am obviously not a fan of charmaine or michelle ye for obvious reasons. and i did not find li qian appealing in TOB. another actress could have easily taken that role of a bickering girl. puh-lease.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnRain
    Whether you like to admit it or not, Li Qian has definitely won the hearts of many new fans since her appearance in TOB. It's rather unfair to compare her to any TVB actresses because she is not even considered as TVB Actress, yet. However, one must be blind to not see that there is something amazingly special with Li Qian and the contribution she has made to the role of YukChi. Before this serie, I can honestly say no one would even care who she is or otherwise. But whether care to admit it, from any point of view she has captured the attention, especially devotion from a big audience.

She's still very new to the TV industry, but this girl has a lot of potential and I have confidence that if given the opportunity and chance, this talent girl will be notice and appraised soon!
    why is it unfair to compare her to a tvb actress? most of the actresses aren't that talented. it's mainland china which has talented actresses. but if you insist that being fair means comparing her to a non-tvb actress then i'll do just that and i'll even give li qian the advantage of comparing her to actresses who have never done a tvb series (whoppee do). gao yuan yuan, alyssa chia, shui ling, sun li and many more are much more attractive than she is and can act as well if not better. and if you want to compare experience, then i'll just compare her to gao yuan yuan who did an amazing job in her first role. and wow, it was even a non-tvb series and she immediately earned a large audience.

my point is, i don't see anything special about li qian. she may have a good role and there are fans who only see roles. take for ex charmaine sheh in flying fox. she was terrible but many people became her fan because of that role. and what are you basing your conclusion on when you said that li qian has a large fan base? if you base it on forums then i can say that she has received many complaints as well.

and i'm just sharing my view. i don't think you're wrong for finding li qian "special." there are people who will agree with you just like there are people who agree with me. to me, she lacks the "it" factor.
    Last edited by patricia n; 11-29-04 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    actually li qian is cute in a plain way. it's just that her complexion is good. i have nothing against her moles; as a matter of fact, if it weren't for her moles, i would have a hard time distinguishing her from any other chinese because that is how average looking she is.

i prefer ray with tav because they actually look compatible where as li qian really looks like a little girl trying hard to look grown up but failing miserbly (yes, most asians look rather young for their age but ray and tav happen to look more mature if not appropriate for their age). she's not a bad actress but not a great one either. but honestly, she is definitely above michelle in terms of acting but not up to par with tav. yes, i'm a tav fan. no, i'm not defending tav by trying to put li qian down. i'm tav's fan because she acts well and takes on different roles successfully. maybe if and when li qian reaches tav's status then i will also become her fan...but in the meantime i'll just point out that people tend to confuse good roles with good acting. ie mich in eh. if they want to pair ray up with someone fresh, try other singaporean actresses or thai actresses or mainland actresses. heck, if tvb has the guts to pair ray with charmaine, why not ray with shui ling? or gyy? anyhow, li qian is not the only actress out there. and no, i don't see the chemistry between her and ray. so any non-tvb actress will just be as good if not better with ray.

I agree with you 100%. I felt her outfit was really cute with her braids. But the one she wore at her father's was just plain nasty.