Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overrated PXJF and KHBD vs. Some Real Men Arts

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    I think JY wanted to show the extreme a person would go just for power. YBQ wasn't able to beat ZLC and had to resort to Pixie sword. As for LPZ, I think learning Huashan MA was way too long for him and the Pixie sword was the fast path.

Can't comment on DFBB. Was be stronger than RWX pre Sunflower manual? I had a feeling he was still weaker than RWX?
    Pre Sunflower DFBB and Xiang Wentian around the same level IMHO only half point behind Ren Woxing since both of them are 2 of The Sect "Vanguard" like Ming L/R Envoy in HSDS..
    As for Dongfang Bubai himself post Sunflower I think he's around DGSD Elites/ROCH Greats perhaps slighty better

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Pre Sunflower DFBB and Xiang Wentian around the same level IMHO only half point behind Ren Woxing since both of them are 2 of The Sect "Vanguard" like Ming L/R Envoy in HSDS..
    As for Dongfang Bubai himself post Sunflower I think he's around DGSD Elites/ROCH Greats perhaps slighty better
    just additional information,
    both DFBB and xiang wentian had high position , but as far as i remember, DFBB was the one who got the higher official position, DFBB was the left protector of Sun-moon cult, while the right protector was vacant and not belong to xiang wentian. only after RWX took the leadership position back, xiang wentian became the left protector.

so for people who like a theory "higher position usually has a better martial arts" , should consider DFBB pre-sunflower was better than Xiang Wentian ;p

i only eat popcorn though ;p

Yeahh I think they are still at the same "level" and roughly equal since Ren Woxing say Xiang Wentian only half level below him..

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    just additional information,
    both DFBB and xiang wentian had high position , but as far as i remember, DFBB was the one who got the higher official position, DFBB was the left protector of Sun-moon cult, while the right protector was vacant and not belong to xiang wentian. only after RWX took the leadership position back, xiang wentian became the left protector.

so for people who like a theory "higher position usually has a better martial arts" , should consider DFBB pre-sunflower was better than Xiang Wentian ;p

i only eat popcorn though ;p
    Emmmmph what about Post Sunflower Dongfang Bubai "stronger" or "weaker" than DGSD Elites/ROCH Greats..

Didnt it say something like peaking at the manual it puts a trance on u and u start to want to learn the ma at all cost?

Pre KHBD should be around same as XWT, which is about "half a tier" weaker than RWX.

DFBB had to ambush RWX, which is one possible evidence that he is not stronger than RWX martial arts wise at that point.

I think JY wanted to show the extreme a person would go just for power. YBQ wasn't able to beat ZLC and had to resort to Pixie sword. As for LPZ, I think learning Huashan MA was way too long for him and the Pixie sword was the fast path.

Can't comment on DFBB. Was be stronger than RWX pre Sunflower manual? I had a feeling he was still weaker than RWX?
    There are plenty of people can beat ZLC. Let others have the opportunity to do it. LPZ needs to have patient. After he is married to Lingshan, he should be able to learn more martial arts from Huashan. Eventually, he will be powerful enough to beat his enemies for revenge.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    There are plenty of people can beat ZLC. Let others have the opportunity to do it. LPZ needs to have patient. After he is married to Lingshan, he should be able to learn more martial arts from Huashan. Eventually, he will be powerful enough to beat his enemies for revenge.
    You are missing the point, PXJF and KHBD were just tools for those who lusted over power. ZLC and RWX were equally ambitious and cruel as YBQ and DFBB. Just because they had means of achieving their ambitions without needing to castrate themselves does not make them any better.

You have made the LPZ argument before and the impracticality of your argument has been shown, your blind almost illogical faith in it beggar's belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    You are missing the point, PXJF and KHBD were just tools for those who lusted over power. ZLC and RWX were equally ambitious and cruel as YBQ and DFBB. Just because they had means of achieving their ambitions without needing to castrate themselves does not make them any better.
    I agree that ZLC and RWX are cruel and they both are worse than YBQ and DFBB. I wonder why LHC helps RWX killing DFBB. DFBB isn't all that bad for wulin. He minds his own business. On the other hand, RWX would create a lot of conflict in wulin.

You have made the LPZ argument before and the impracticality of your argument has been shown, your blind almost illogical faith in it beggar's belief.
    Nah. He make some progress in Huashan martial art skills. YLS teaches him on a daily basis. There is no good reason for him to learn Bixie. A real man would have patience. Unfortunately, LPZ is not a real man.

To defend lpz, in other various adaptions ive seen. Lpz find out how ybq sent his daughter to spy etc, so he grows suspcious of both father daughter and sect.

So hes afraid theyll cause him harm so misfortune came and instead he gets the manual back and then its revenege for his family and to protect himself.

Yls was a shield since he didnt know if ahe really loved him or is pretending and works for her father.

It is cowards way out and dishonorable since he didnt have any children.

Ybq couldve intervene long time ago and saved his family but he wanted the manual also for himself to restore hua shan back to its former glory.

Honestly he didnt need to learn it either, just mastering those cave sword art and other sects ma wouldve made him stronger the zlc etc.

But point is, the series revolve around power hungry individuals thatll do anything for power and theres fine line between good and evil. Those evil isnt always so evil while those good isnt a saing themselves.

All of jin yong series seems to follow same formula. All those good sect majority are bad etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Nah. He make some progress in Huashan martial art skills. YLS teaches him on a daily basis. There is no good reason for him to learn Bixie. A real man would have patience. Unfortunately, LPZ is not a real man.
    How many years would it take for LPZ to catch up to YCH if just practicing Huashan skills?

LHC practiced Huashan skills all his life and was stilll below YCH.
    Last edited by Stance; 10-18-18 at 02:18 AM.

How many years would it take for LPZ to catch up to YCH if just practicing Huashan skills?

LHC practiced Huashan skills all his life and was stilll below YCH.
    if YBQ imparts Zixia Shengong to him, he'll probably stand a good chance in 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    if YBQ imparts Zixia Shengong to him, he'll probably stand a good chance in 15 years.
    Try doubling that at least. Remember when YBQ compared the Sword and Qi fractions practise methods:
    Study for 10 years: Sword Wins
    Study for 20 years: Draw
    Study for 30 years: Qi wins
    and this is assuming two people start at the same time and have similar potential. YCH had a thirty plus years lead on LPZ and LPZ's potential is doudtful at best.

Yeeep even if Mister Yue taught him all of Huashan skill I highly doubt he would be "better" than YBQ and since YBQ only marginally better than YCH that's mean he still can't win against YCH in life/death duel except he use some of "tricks" like YG when against Huodu or Huodu against YLQ at ROCH..

Looks like if he stuck to Huashan skills, by the time he could reache a level that could beat YCH, YCH would probably have died of old age 😁

Nach you're right..
    Hehe

Hua shan skills was powerful just being divided toke time to get stronger. Lpz seems to be faster learner then ybq and if he learned purple mist and all of hua san ma, im pretty sure he ll beat ych in couple yrs.

But I highly doubt he would be "better" than YBQ (pre Bixie Sword) and since YBQ only marginally better than YHC I also believe he might be can't defeat YCH on life/death duel except he use some of "trick" or YBQ also taught him martial art from the secret cave (like he taught YLS)..

Looks like if he stuck to Huashan skills, by the time he could reache a level that could beat YCH, YCH would probably have died of old age 😁
    If this is the case then he can go after YCH's loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    Hua shan skills was powerful just being divided toke time to get stronger. Lpz seems to be faster learner then ybq and if he learned purple mist and all of hua san ma, im pretty sure he ll beat ych in couple yrs.
    Really not sure where you are getting this from. Even Yang Guo under the tutelage of a Great needed five years to defeat Li Mochou. You really think LPZ under YBQ, studying a second rate martial art can do better?