Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How can we make SPCNET Forum a better Forum ?

I am for reputation points as well, in fact I think we should nix the post counts and use purely reputation points. Members who contribute actively and constructively will be rewarded, and naturally spammers and flamers will be 'rewarded' as well. A better way to prevent spam than doing away with the different levels of members.

What's reputation points?

Repuation points appear in a series of small squares below the avatar in forums that enabled them. Usually members start with one small square, which is equal to 10 points in most forums.

As the member post constructively or help the others, the other members can add to their reputation by clicking on the small square and press the + reputation option when a window pops up. The member can leave a message as to why s/he + or - the reputation of the other member. The recipient of the reputation points will not know who added or minus her/his points if the other member do not sign off.

As the member gains reputation points, the number of squares underneath the avatar increase (10 points = 1 square). Naturally a member who basically contributes actively and constructively to threads will get alot of + reputation. Of course, spammers and flamers will get lotsa - rep as well, and will probably think twice before posting that rude/pointless comment.

There are variations to what I said in various forums, depending on the administrator, but that's mainly what reputation system is about.

Alright, it's not as complicated as I put it, quite a simple system actually, just that I am not too good at explaining.

Default Variety in forums

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll take these in mind and try to implement some of these ideas during my break.
    I find reading forums on Korean dramas to be really enjoyable. There are spelling mistakes and grammar galore, but what the heck , the topics are hardly serious. Members find this actor or that actress cute and sometimes the characters are almost real in the discussions. So what? It's good clean fun. Many are so sweet about love scenes and sad shows, we are simple folks. Please keep everything in perspective. All these ratings, puhleeze... should be saved for intellectual forums...e.g. Effects of Korean dramas on Asian mental health or something equally smart.

Can we have a last 5 or last 8 replies or something? at the bottom of the index. Also we can have Random 10 or 20 topics.

avatar size needs to be bigger. its so hard to find anything that anyone can use off the internet cos the dimension are so small. can someone look into it.
    飄移

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Jon
    avatar size needs to be bigger. its so hard to find anything that anyone can use off the internet cos the dimension are so small. can someone look into it.
    I use Irfanview to change the size... it is a freeware and really easy to use.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

forum is suffering from a bad patch of minor activity. Guys, lets promote it !!!

TommyH
    Unregistered

Maybe we can have members upload torrents and episodes. =]

TommyH
    Unregistered

And maybe we could change the site layout because it gets really boring.

A couple of changes:

Avatar size is increased to 75 x 75.

Quick reply added. Click on the new orange arrow on any of the posts to activate quick reply.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Maybe we can have members upload torrents and episodes. =]
    Sorry, we don't promote any free downloading of copyrighted material.
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet
    A couple of changes:

Avatar size is increased to 75 x 75.

Quick reply added. Click on the new orange arrow on any of the posts to activate quick reply.
    Cool.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerfeva
    forum is suffering from a bad patch of minor activity. Guys, lets promote it !!!
    i tink the reason why there is such a bad patch is due to the incessant failure of the spcnet servers..so alot of pple stop posting..takes time to get back the regulars..
    i also tink that maybe can have nice colourful signatures instead of the usual ones..some with html..u can limit by only allowing those who post a certain number of messages
    ~yOu aRe my sUnshiNe my oNly sUnshIne
    yOu mAke mE haPpy wHeN sKieS aRe gReY
    yOu nEvEr kNoW jUsT hOw mUcH i LoVe yOu
    pLeaSe dOn'T takE my sUnshInE aWay~
    alec 有朋 alec 有朋 alec 有朋

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    And maybe we could change the site layout because it gets really boring.

Can we change the site layout? (forum)

um... i don't seem to understand the reputation point.. where are the squares... i'm sorry but i don't see them under the avatars...

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Repuation points appear in a series of small squares below the avatar in forums that enabled them. Usually members start with one small square, which is equal to 10 points in most forums.

As the member post constructively or help the others, the other members can add to their reputation by clicking on the small square and press the + reputation option when a window pops up. The member can leave a message as to why s/he + or - the reputation of the other member. The recipient of the reputation points will not know who added or minus her/his points if the other member do not sign off.

As the member gains reputation points, the number of squares underneath the avatar increase (10 points = 1 square). Naturally a member who basically contributes actively and constructively to threads will get alot of + reputation. Of course, spammers and flamers will get lotsa - rep as well, and will probably think twice before posting that rude/pointless comment.

There are variations to what I said in various forums, depending on the administrator, but that's mainly what reputation system is about.

Alright, it's not as complicated as I put it, quite a simple system actually, just that I am not too good at explaining.
    sorry but i don't really understand it.. could you make it more specific...

Quote Originally Posted by maki_hitsugaya
    sorry but i don't really understand it.. could you make it more specific...
    Er.. beansprouts was explaining about reputation points and suggesting to have them. We don't have it..... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Er.. beansprouts was explaining about reputation points and suggesting to have them. We don't have it..... yet.
    Wouldn't it turn everything into a popularity contest? How would that make it a better forum?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

How does it turn into a popularity contest? Reputation points can be disabled, and you can't give reputation points to yourself, you can't give the same person reputations repeatedly. In another forum I frequent, unfair negative reputation points can be reported to the moderator, and if the moderator feels that it was unfair, it is possible to take away the points. All right, it seems like a lot of work for a whole lot of nothing, but it sure cuts down the flaming and spamming.

Anyway, I am still hoping for spoiler tags, I read some spoilers in a thread again.