Thread: Venture Against Time aka Son of the Past

Default Venture Against Time aka Son of the Past

Anyone watched this? I rented it and finished it last night. It was good. I like it.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7930/ventureagainsttime019xz.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/7690/sonfrompast021jr.jpg')

i just finished watching it too. i thought it was an okay film, but i disliked the ending, and there were parts i just couldn't stand.

like TH (the grandson)'s girlfriend, the lady couldn't act and annoyed me badly, not to mention her character was so annoying.

and the fact that both Raymond and his father forgave the evil guy and wanted to let him off. after everything him and his wife did, they deserved more punishment. Raymond and his father forgot about the fact that they weren't the only ones that was mistreated by him, remember that girl that Raymond liked when he went to the past and the girl he liked when he came to the future? 3 generations of misfortune because of the evil guy and his wife. now raymond just wants to let it all go because the evil guy brought him up. that's just bullshit.

and his aunt too (Michelle Yim), she was seperated from her boyfriend and forced to marry someone else, cause her and her boyfriend to be at loggerheads for nearly half a century.

Michelle's boyfriend was sold as slave labor and endure so many hardship for over 20 years, when he finally returns the guy breaks his leg, causing him to be disabled, he also loses his girlfriend.

all these people's lives were ruined by the evil guy and his wife, what right does raymond and his father have to wave everything off? and NO ONE in the film noticed that.

and the fact taht his car could travel to the past for no apparent reason, and in the end the whole world knew about it. that's stupid.

i enjoyed everything inthe film except the points i raised.

yeah i watched it. it was pretty interesting! i hated the part where alice chan gets raped and how her boyfriend dies. it's such a tragedy for them!

The car is just a plot device to let the father and son travel through time. This series is actually a relationship series not a science fiction series. So, viewers shouldn't spend too much time on thinking why the car can travel through time.

This series is my favourite series because of the relationship and the interesting characters. I even like it more than MDWAV.

"and the fact that both Raymond and his father forgave the evil guy and wanted to let him off. after everything him and his wife did, they deserved more punishment. Raymond and his father forgot about the fact that they weren't the only ones that was mistreated by him, remember that girl that Raymond liked when he went to the past and the girl he liked when he came to the future? 3 generations of misfortune because of the evil guy and his wife. now raymond just wants to let it all go because the evil guy brought him up. that's just bullshit."

What more punishment do u want? Both Luk 9 and his wife died at the end. Luk 9 has to see his son get blown up in front of his eyes. That's not punishment enough? You think he can die a happy guy after that? Luk 9 is selfish, but not without conscience. He felt guilty about killing his friend for decades.

It is understandable that Seng Fung (Raymond) want to let it go. If he didn't feel a tiny bit of love for his foster father, he will be totally heartless and inhuman. Luk 9 has showered him with love for 21 years. This is no small matter. There are a lot of feelings involved. I don't think it's bullshit. As for Seng Seng, he has know Luk 9 since young. Their friendship is also deep.

"all these people's lives were ruined by the evil guy and his wife, what right does raymond and his father have to wave everything off? and NO ONE in the film noticed that."

If u can calm down from your anger for a while, u will notice that everyone has forgiven Luk 9. Seng and Fung forgive the wrong Luk 9 has done to themselves. They didn't forgive him for others behalf. Since they are the victims, they have every right to wave everything off if they want to. It's not their duty to get revenge for other people, more so when those people themselves already forgiven Luk 9.

Luk 9 is such a 3 dimensional character. To see him as just a 2 dimensional evil guy is just plain shallow.

I do not like the ending myself, because it left many strings untied. But I have no problem with the forgiveness part.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

sorry. double posting.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by COOLangel_1416
    yeah i watched it. it was pretty interesting! i hated the part where alice chan gets raped and how her boyfriend dies. it's such a tragedy for them!
    Oh yah, I don't like these too.

are there really people in this world that are that forgiving? i'm sorry but i just don't buy that.

and luc 9 might have got punished watching his son die like that, but what about his wife? she never regretted anything she did. she died a pretty peaceful death, her son still loved her to bits.

how did she get punish? her daughter being estranged from her? she caused that on herself, karma never came to get her.

their protrayal of luc 9 was too confusing, although it was one of the best character development in the show, but they never really showed us how he changed from the coward he was to the all round evil guy who killed the so called son he loved so much to this old man who was wallowing in guilt.

a tiger never shreads it's spots. the core of his character was evil, it was shown from his earlier days. yet the writers try desperately to save his character by showing him up as a man who's been tortured all these years with guilt.

well if he has guilt then repay his sins. but no. what did he do all these years? nothing.

i don't know how can those people forgive him. saints. there all saints.

there is just somethings taht are unforgivable, and luc 9 and his wife has done some that are very unforgivable, and yet everyone still forgives them.

they should have been shown to the world and their kids for waht they really are. and spend some time in jail. rot in there.

Question

I've seen this awhile ago. And I loved it. I kinda forgot what It's about though, I was planning on re-watching it.

anyone has the themesong by raymond--- the unceasing dance tune??

rely liked it....
    无名小卒

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

This series is ATV classic!

it has a veri experimental storyline which probably wouldn't be seen in TVB... couldn't rely understd it the first time i watched, now appreciating it better watching the re-run on ch 8. I jus love these time-travel serials..

did the show do well when it was shown? usually such ATV serials dun seem to be well received by the mass audience... it's abit too sci-fi & complicated

btw anyone has the themesong?

can send to [email protected]
    无名小卒

I just love these time travel dramas.

This drama also has a mixture of Singaporean artists and Hong kong artists. Cool!
    Everyone from TVB ROX