Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sammul Chan

yup cherrie, his teeth are uneven but TVB is so desperate to promote anyone.. I don't think they even care.
    I mean look at the stars they are promoting... is there anyone actually star worthy???

he's kinda cute though
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Hey, not everyone is perfect and as long as he is trying to become a better actor then its all fine with me

Here is a cute pic of Sammul with Myolie. Hehe, Myolie had her hair from ND. Hehe, Sammul looks rather funny in here!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.boomspeed.com/pearl2007/MyolieSammul.bmp')
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

you're right. it's acting that matters look at gallen, he's not handsome at all. but he's a great actor!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yeah, I think that acting should matter most of all. Since we all get past the looks eventually and see into the acting.

I'ld agree. Don't think Gallen is very handsome, but he has his own look. Find him pretty niave cute at times. Espically while watching him in this one serial with Jessica. Forgot the name, but it just released in viet
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

what's the story of the series you're referring to?
    cherrie

Hey there cherrie

Hehe, got the title now!!! Anyways this serial is called True Love. The storyline is basically that Jessica and Gallen are a married couple, but Gallen gets drunk one time and has a one night stand wtih this girl. So Jessica decides to get a divorce to test him for a year. Since she trusts that his one night stand was just an accident she says that after a year if he has not done anything "wrong" they will get re-married. Thing is, that girl he had a one night stand is, keeps jumping into the relationship and causing all these misunderstandings
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i don't know that series. perhaps you knw the chinese title?
    cherrie

Don't know the chinese title, but I'll see if I can find it though Do know that this serie was produced before Golden Faith, but has just currently been released.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i think so. coz i haven't watched tvb for a long time. it was only last yr when i started watching them again. that's why im lost with earlier serials
    cherrie

Hey cherrie, I found it Hehe, got this info from tvseriesfans.

In Mandarin its "Qing Gui He Chu"
    In Cantonese its "Ching Kwai Ho Chue"

Its been released in Mandarin, but not yet Cantonese

Anyways back to Sammul now. Hmmm...what to say?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

mmm....i guess im not familiar with that series. tnx anyway!
    last wk (or was it this week?) they held a mini-olympic comprising of many actors, actresses, beauty queens, etc. it's a promotion of the upcoming olympics. ron ng was originally enrolled to join the marathon 'i don't know how many miles' competition, but he felt dizzy due to fatigue and lack of sleep. in the end, sammul replaced him
    cherrie

Seems like TVB is really going all out to promote all the events to the Olympics!!!! So many stars and so many events going on!!!

Oooohhhh....Sammul took his place? I hope that Ron is feeling all right though. He should take more rest!!! Glad to hear that Sammul is doing nicely
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

haven't u noticed, the release of new serials is very slow! i want to see sammul around!!!!!
    cherrie

Here is something on Sammul Credit to Em at TVBspace News Roundup. http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20040627/photos/m570389SP.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20040627/photos/m570390SP.jpg')

[Sing Pao Special Report]
    Reporter: Chan To On

Talking on the phone to Sammul Chan to arrange a time to catch up, he replies simply and directly: "I have to go on set now, I'll call you later. Sorry!" He is surely an artiste who keeps to his word as he calls me up later and says on the phone: "I'll put it on my schedule and will see you then!" Used to his bold and direct ways, he is the same old Sammul as the one I used to know.

I remember when we were colleagues at Metro Radio 997, he was responsible for the travel and weather reports and would always arrive ten minutes early at the studio. At the time I didn't have many chances to chat with Sammul, but from other colleagues, I heard that he was a very obedient and progressive worker. If at times his reports were not quite right, he would frown and be unhappy all day, compared with some people who just get by, he bore a very careful and serious attitude towards his work. He says: "Even if you are reporting the time travel and weather news, it has to be accurate! Even if you can correct yourself after a mistake, it will still be a mistake." He would never let himself relax just because he had a minor role as he takes it just as seriously. Sammul would always give himself a very invisible pressure in his desire for perfection. An artiste with such demands and preparation is thirsting for acceptance and success.

I ask: "How did you realise you wanted to build a career in showbiz?" He replies directly: "After I graduated from Form 6, I really wanted to work in the performance industry, acting, singing and broadcasting is the work that I have been seeking." Sammul's feelings are expressed from the heart. He still remembers when he and Ruth (Current Metro DJ) met Wong Lee Hom and Harlem Yu one day during their work and asked them for their autographs, leaving them both very happy all day. At that point, he said to himself: "If I could be part of this entertainment circle, that would be really good!" Later, under the guidance of former Metro DJ Ann Roberts, he met Ivy Chow. Even at their first meeting, they got on very well and having hoped for a manager to help further his career, this unknown at the time had finally found someone to help unearth his career.

Under the persistence of Ivy, Sammul had the chances to have auditions and screen tests, but he met with many falls to start with. He recalls the memories as though they were new: "I forced myself to memorise my lines, but I flunked at the auditions and was so mad with myself!" When he returned home in silence, but luckily his family and manager gave him a lot of comfort and encouragement, allowing him to let go a little.

With Ivy's continuing hard work, he had another opportunity and both Sammul and Ivy both say that they have to thank an actor named Wong Wai Leung because before the performance, he was saying to Sammul to relax. Sammul says gratefully: "Brother Wai Leung really did me a great favour because he taught me the technique of sharing the part, leading me on, encouraging me and resulting in my successful completion." With such a good person and good time, how can I not mention it? Although competition in showbiz is rife, there are still some exceptions. Artistes who silently graft away with open and generous hearts made Sammul and his manager continuously offer their thanks.

In TV series "Survivor's Law", the role of Vincent made a mark in people's hearts and when Sammul heard fans call him by this name in the streets, he was overjoyed. Then young, caring doctor Tsang Kwok Ping in "Point of No Return" and rich young airline pilot Donald in "Triumph in the Skies" were also popular with the audience and this firmly standing and heavily promoted artiste says: "I am deeply grateful to every cast and crew member who has helped me and my confidence has come from them. The success of a show and the acceptance of an artiste comes from the work of a whole team and I am thankful to TVB for giving me this opportunity! I can only say that I have been very lucky." A 'boy next door' becomes the darling of the showbiz circles but apart from changes to his rest times, there has been little change to his day-to-day life.

"Being an artiste is a job, when people give you applause, call out your name, ask for your autograph or take a photo with you, you will feel happy and excited. However, we are all human and work is just a part of life. I really don't see what the difference is, we all still need to sleep, wash and eat."

In 1997 when his first advertisement came out for a bank, this fresh faced city youth image made people stir and this was the first time that he received a satisfactory salary. Coming from a comfortable family, Sammul has this perspective of money: "If I have enough to spend then that is okay. I hope to save up the money that I earn to buy some practical items and give my family a more comfortable environment." He smiles and continues: "Health is more important!" This youth who does not drink or smoke and bears red lips and white teeth has been chosen as one of the six 'Olympic Stars' and not only does he show off his great attractiveness on the stage, his honesty, directness and health off stage offers another positive message and is a rarity.

When the three of us talk about the difficulties that we meet in work, Sammul says: "I am really uncomfortable when I have the occasional NG." After saying this, he frowns a little and I say: "If I photograph or write poorly, then I don't like that either." To this Ivy says: "You, you always used to frown no matter if it was good or bad!" After this clearly defined manager said this, Sammul and I both said: "You curl up your brow too when you have expectations from your work..." In truth, bearing responsibility for one's work is part of seeking perfection and this will naturally cause you to frown. We all go through it!

http://www.singpao.com/20040627/gossip/570388.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Very glad to hear that Sammul is getting recogniztion from viewers, hehe. Its great that many are recognizing the characters he is playing!!! Even ones that have him play a "villian."
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

tnx for the news goddess!
    somehow, his being a perfectionist reminds me a lot of his character vincent in survivor's law
    cherrie

He caught my eyes in the vigilante ( or soemthing like that). I think he's cute and now he's on my list of cute actors but i do have to admit he needs ipmprovement in acting. You think TVB will promote him even more? I want to see him in more ancient series cause i can't watch modern series....hic hic hic.
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

ahhhhh....so cuute... if someone could..more pics more pics of him please..
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

Hey there guys

No problem cherrie. Glad to share. I wish there was more on him though!!! But this was pretty long, hehe.

Hi ya LilyPhuong!!! Its been awhile since I've seen you aruond!! Anyways the serie your talking about is The Vigilante in the Mask. Sammul was okay in there, I liked his character. However didn't quite like the serie.

I don't know, I think he is slowly improving. Little by little. Hopefully TVB continues to promote him as they do, maybe more
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yay!!! More news on Sammul!!! Credit to Em at TVBspace News Roundup. http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

June 29, 2004
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20040630-ul-17.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20040630/img/e06063003_big.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20040630/photos/m571638SP.jpg')

Sing Pao, Ta Kung Pao, Oriental Daily & The Sun]

TVB's new series "Police Cadet Brave Hearts" was filming on location in Stanley yesterday at a watersports centre in a scene where the cadets go kayaking and Fiona Sit's character meets with difficulties, leading to a heroic rescue by Sammul Chan, who is also swept into the water. As they are playing police cadets, the cast were all kitted out in their uniforms, but with the heat warning from the weather forecastings, they were all sweating buckets and when she was not needed on the set, Fiona hid under the parasol with some of the other female cadets, whereas the men were more lively, playing volleyball and with water pistols.

When the press arrived, Sammul was nowhere to be seen, with the earlier rumours and denials of a rift between Sammul and Fiona, is there still any animoscity between them?

Later, when he arrived, Sammul was asked why he was not present for the start of filming. He explains: "They had arranged for some of the others to learn some kayaking basics in the morning but as I already have a three star kayaking and life guard certificate and I had a late shoot the night before, so the director told me to come a little bit later. Originally I had planned to arrive after lunch, but the assistant director said that a big group of press had arrived, so I rushed here." Talking of whether he made bodily contact with Fiona when they filmed the rescue scene, he laughs: "Isn't that a good thing to make contact? (Are you guys okay now?) I have had enough sleep and am awake now. (Are you worried about sunstroke? (No, because I am used to the sun from filming at Wong Chuk Hang."

Fiona Sit says that she has only had three hours sleep in the last couple of days, so she is worried that her drowning scene might become real. When asked if she is afraid of Sammul playing tricks on her and letting her take a few more gulps of sea water, she laughs: "How would he? He is very professional and he is my best friend. I am not afraid of drowning, more of cramping. Am I worried about body contact? I wear a life jacket, so even if there is contact it will be limited to my limbs." With her short hair, Fiona's neck looks particularly long and there are plenty of her 'long neck' pictures being distributed on the internet. She says that she finds them quite amusing, but she has not been offended. She laughs: "People didn't know I had a long neck before, but my arms and legs are quite long so my neck is too, this makes it all match."

Yesterday was Ron Ng's first attempt at kayaking, but he seemed to take to it rather quickly and he says that although this is the first time for him, he has rowed a small boat before so he has some experience. He remembers that seven or eight years ago, he and some friends went to Woo Kai Sha to row, but the strong wind blew them towards the refugee camp and they were taken away by the officers there, leaving them rather embarrassed.

When asked whether there was any danger when they came to film, Ron says: "The coach had prepared an inflatable rescue boat to cope with any emergencies. (Are you worried about fainting with the heat?) I have had enough sleep, so I should be okay." When a reporter told him not to faint in case he was mistaken for having taken drugs, he says: "I do have a nasal allergy, but it is dry and I don't have a runny nose." Also talking of him spraying people with a water pistol during filming, leading to the director telling him to settle down, he says: "I was disturbing Yeung Ying Wai's rehearsal, so the director told everyone to be quiet. In fact we are all very good and when we are waiting to shoot, we kick the feathershuttle to pass the time because we are healthy young men."

http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-6-30/UL-277341.htm
    http://www.takungpao.com/news/2004-6-30/UL-277339.htm
    http://www.singpao.com/20040630/gossip/571637.html
    http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/2...5608_0003.html
    http://orientaldaily.com.hk/ent/ent_a13cnt.html
    -------------------------------------------------------

I almost forgot about Sammul filming for thsi serie!!! How could I forget? Oh, but now I'll remember Hehe, seems like Sammul is quite used to the water huh? 3 stars at kyaking and has a lifeguard certificate!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.