Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sammul Chan

I was wondering the same thing Funn Lim. I guess it is Sammul because everyone else spells his name that way. Is his name pronounced the same way as Samuel?

I think its Sammul Chan. Thats how his name is mentioned/translated when its talking about him in a series' information.

Some news on him. Credit to Em at TVB Space News Roundup!!!

October 6th

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20031007/ent/1007enew75p1.gif')
    [Oriental Daily]

After gaining some notoriety from TVB's "Survivor's Law", Sammul Chan has recently signed a six-figure deal to become spokesperson for a range of health foods and Sammul was shooting a set of stills for the ads where he appeared in doctor, pilot, casual and sportsman costumes. He revealed that this was his first spokesperson deal, so he is very excited and says boldly: "I am a Chinese Herbal person as I have been taking Chinese remedies since I was young because it can help create a good healthy body, so I use it more than western medicines." Out of the four images he has tried, the self-styled Sammul says he prefers the casual look.

Also, Sammul will soon be shaving his head bald to film TVB's new show "My Master is Wong Fei Hung", but he admits he does not really want to do it and is a little worried: "I am afraid that when I shave my head I will look quite strange. I am also afraid I will frighten people with my ugly look on the streets so I will definitely be wearing a cap out. Bowie Lam and Moses Chan who have both just shaved their heads have been offering me some care tips. I really hope that the saying 'Nine out of ten bald men are rich' is correct!"

http://orientaldaily.com.hk/ent/ent_a75cnt.html
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    October 9th

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20031010/img/e09101008_big.jpg')

[The Sun]

Sammul Chan and Bernice Liu were among the models for a fashion show yesterday and they had to share a dressing room with Yuen Tze Wai. Originally the arrangements were fine, but because the girls took too long getting changed, it caused some embarrassment for debut model Sammul. He said: "They were slow getting changed and wouldn't let me in until they had finished and I had to stand and wait outside. Other models were changing outside and seeing them all walking around semi-naked, it was good on the eyes, but I was a bit embarrassed and my face went very red."

Also modelling for the first time, Bernice Liu did a lot of preparation for this show as she says: "I put a lot of cream on my arms and legs and used minimal make up and no perfume. I deliberately put some neutral colours on my nails so it would match the clothes more easily."

http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/2...3638_0003.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    LOL, that last article was rather funny. Sammul's experience that he described standing there is just so funny WOW, Bernice looks so....wow in that pic. lol
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

How old is he? Is there a profile on him?
    Raymond Lam Rox my world!

a little island east of america and west of europe

One of my readers posted a profile of him here:

http://aiwah.proboards15.com/index.c...num=1064955023

Name: Sammul Chan Kin Fung
    Original Name: Chan Yan Yiu
    D.O.B: 4th May 1978
    Place of Birth: Hong Kong
    Star sign: Taurus
    Chinese zodiac: Ox
    Height: 182 cm
    Weight: 68kg - 150 pounds
    Blood type: O
    Religion: Protestantism
    Language: Cantonese, Mandarin, English
    Place of living: MongKok
    Family: parents + 2 older sistaz
    Childhood ambition: To be a veterinarian
    Past summer jobs: Lifeguard, working at an aquarium
    Entertainment Career: Entered DJ competition on 8/28/1996. Joined TVB on 1/1/1999.
    Current Job: TVB contracted actor

Credit to Em at TVB Space News Roundup!!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20031022/ent/1022enew14b1.jpg')

[Ta Kung Pao]

In order to film for new series "Ngo Si Fu Hai Wong Fei Hung" (My Master is Wong Fei Hung), Sammul Chan has had to shave his head and as this is the first time he has gone bald, he was very worried about it beforehand, concerned that he would not be handsome any more or would lose his fans. Luckily this was all in his imagination because after his hair was shaved off, the results were not bad.

Sammul laughs: "I feel that the shape of my head is not bad and after shaving my head, it felt very comfortable. I hope I can be like my predecessors Andy Lau and Tony Leung who both found fame after they shaved their heads." Sammul will be appearing on stage in Holland and he says that he will be wearing hats on this trip to cover his head for the winter and prevent catching a cold. Also he was originally going to be bringing an album out at the end of the year, but as he will not be able to promote it with a bald head, he can only postpone this release.

http://www.takungpao.com/news/2003-10-22/UL-188992.htm

------------------------------------------------------

Ohhhhh...Sammul shaving his head? Intersting sight
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by mich
    a tidbit,

he is a DJ before he switched to acting.
    really? that must be how he got noticed

he's sorta cute. i first saw him in a movie with stephen fung called shadow and then i saw him in that series with charmaine and now it seems we'll be seeing lots of him huh?
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

~Where _snow_ Fallz like Feathers from Heaven~

HEZ SOOOO GOOD LOOKING!!! hav u ppl seen him in survivor's law? he looked SO good!!!! .... too bad he shaved tho ... but neway.... he has a weird taste of clothing sometimes tho.... but nonetheless i think hez talented in acting and that tvb will be promoting him.......(if u havnt noticed... hez like in almost all the new series')
    --- lil kassie has dreamed off

...catch a falling star...

I saw him in Survivor's Law and he was good. At least better then when he first started out in Reaching Out and all. I have to say he has that sorta boy next door, but more of a successful boy next door type. Lol.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I saw Sammul Chan in Reaching Out (he was horrific in there) and in Survivor's Law (average). He needs a lot of improvement, in my opinion. Too boyish-looking for my taste and he seems to have no personality (?)

im now watching triumph in the skies and i think his acting there had improved as compared to survivor's law. he still needs improvement though. he has to work out with his expressions when he's especially sad and angry.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

~Where _snow_ Fallz like Feathers from Heaven~

lol yur right cherrie... when hez sad he just kinda poutz.... but thaz ok cuz itz quite cute ^________^
    --- lil kassie has dreamed off

...catch a falling star...

honestly, his spoiled look suits him
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

My opinions on him have changed dramatically and for the good way. Currently watching him in Triumph in the Skies and Vigilante in the Mask. (Haven't gotten far in VITM though) Anyways I just love him in Triumph in the Skies!!! His character in there really makes me like him more and comparing his acting to Reaching Out and Survivor's Law, I see a lot of progress. This would be the series I would like him and Myolie to pair up. They seem more compatiable in here since Myolie has that kiddish cute look and he has the boyish cute look ya know? Anyways I can't wait to see his performance in VITM and waiting to see him in more series!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

man, he needs to grow that hair back
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

yeah agree. i don't like him hairless (why do i sound like referring to chickens? hairless chickens? )
    cherrie

hes an ok actor but needs improving

im yet to see vigilante in the mask. i expect to see some improvement on his acting. i hope i won't be disappointed. btw, has anyone noticed how he pouts in triumphs in the skies whenever he has his tempers? really annoying. makes me think of a brat
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    im yet to see vigilante in the mask. i expect to see some improvement on his acting. i hope i won't be disappointed. btw, has anyone noticed how he pouts in triumphs in the skies whenever he has his tempers? really annoying. makes me think of a brat
    LOL! cherrie, he is a spoiled brat in there! Sammul Chan hasn't improved that much in Triumph in my opinion.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

his role in vigilante in the mask made me smile. he's too righteous!
    cherrie