Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: GOONG

i think this drama is overrated. honestly it bores me to death, its just moving too slow. the characters are developed well, but 14+ hours into watching this and the story is just flat, hasnt got better. the comedy is not even funny.

Default Goong

Really... i hope not... i just bought Goong because of the reviews about this... i hope it's good... but somewhere in the net i was able to read some chapters of Goong the Manhwa... the manhwa's good and really funny.. if its not so expensive i wanna buy all the volumes of Goong... i'll see if the production was much better than the Manhwa.....

Hi Everybody! I watched Goong and loved it! I am looking forward to Goong 2.

BUT, i think there is a question of who is going to be in Goong 2, and I can't imagine anyone else in it but Yoon Eun Hye and Ji Joo Hoon (the original cast!)

I saw a petition in Sooompi.com to the directors for the original cast, and hope to post it here so that more people will sign.

Here is the link:
    petiton for Goong 2 w. original cast

Thank you!
    ~True friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.~

oh... i read somewhere that they were gonna keep the original cast...at least for the 3 main roles...i may have read wrong though...

Nothing has been confirmed, except that there will be Goong 2. So, hopefully the original cast will be back, but they are not sure.

Also, YEH (Chaegyung) has signed on for another drama.....
    ~True friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.~

Quote Originally Posted by shootingst8r
    Nothing has been confirmed, except that there will be Goong 2. So, hopefully the original cast will be back, but they are not sure.

Also, YEH (Chaegyung) has signed on for another drama.....
    Yoon Eun-hye's going to be in a new drama? Good for her!

YEH has already finished filming her latest series... I believe that the title is the Vineyard Man... Basically, it is about a city girl who goes off to work on a farm to raise money for the business that she wants to open up... She works there and falls in love with a farm worker...

She has also been busy the last couple of weeks filming for Kim Jong Kook's MV titled "It's Love".... I believe the MV will be released in July...

For those of you who don't know who Kim Jong Kook is.... He was her "love interest" in XMan... Back in the days, before she starred in Goong and got all well known, she was a regular cast member of XMan, Korean variety show that has famous K-celebs participating in various games... In XMan, YEH was titled "Young Girl Warrior" because she did not act cutesy like all other actresses when she had to participate in a wrestling game for instance... YEH could take down all the male challengers....KJK and YEH were "caught" by a reporter having lunch or dinner at some restaurant... The scandal was exposed on the XMan show, and ever since those two acted very cutesy and always partnered up in the couple game...However, YEH stopped participating in XMan when she accepted the role in Goong...KJK enlisted in the army and is currently working at some government office due to a back injury that he sustains when he was in the two-member group Turbo...

Here is a clip, subbed by coolsmurf, when YEH got all jealous because Stephanie showed love interest in KJK in the Of Course game....The main point of this game is to say something to stump your opponent...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb3pm...un%20Hye%20sub

Cut if the Couple Selection, you will see male celebs voicing for their favorite XMan female and do something special for them... In this case KJK was serenading to YEH... His voice is beautiful...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBBV...al%20eun%20hye

Continue with the couple selection... YEH danced for her potential partner...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL4Na...al%20eun%20hye
    Last edited by mellon; 06-21-06 at 04:34 AM.

At first, I was a bit relunctant to start this series as it looks like teenage stuff; however, after hearing so much appealing comments, I at last bought the series and finished it in 2 weeks.

I think it is a successful one that it transposed a comic book into a TV drama without losing its comical feeling. The characters' design, costoms and the beautiful Korean tranditional dresses are remarkable. Also, the director did a good job in casting that all four main characters are newbies in drama. Although, only my opinion, the acting still have rooms to improve, all of the actors have done a very good job.

Although Goong has the old Korean drama problem of being a bit draggy (well, just a little bit, but it's a lot better than the old series), the storyline was still developed fairly good and it successfully illustrate the touching moments without making someone die of terminal decease and squeezing out the tears of the audienace. On the contrary, a lot of sense are cute and able to tickle the laughters.

All in all, it is an entertaining one and able to keep you watching till the end. I myself like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mellon
    YEH has already finished filming her latest series... I believe that the title is the Vineyard Man... Basically, it is about a city girl who goes off to work on a farm to raise money for the business that she wants to open up... She works there and falls in love with a farm worker...

She has also been busy the last couple of weeks filming for Kim Jong Kook's MV titled "It's Love".... I believe the MV will be released in July...

For those of you who don't know who Kim Jong Kook is.... He was her "love interest" in XMan... Back in the days, before she starred in Goong and got all well known, she was a regular cast member of XMan, Korean variety show that has famous K-celebs participating in various games... In XMan, YEH was titled "Young Girl Warrior" because she did not act cutesy like all other actresses when she had to participate in a wrestling game for instance... YEH could take down all the male challengers....KJK and YEH were "caught" by a reporter having lunch or dinner at some restaurant... The scandal was exposed on the XMan show, and ever since those two acted very cutesy and always partnered up in the couple game...However, YEH stopped participating in XMan when she accepted the role in Goong...KJK enlisted in the army and is currently working at some government office due to a back injury that he sustains when he was in the two-member group Turbo...

Here is a clip, subbed by coolsmurf, when YEH got all jealous because Stephanie showed love interest in KJK in the Of Course game....The main point of this game is to say something to stump your opponent...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb3pm...un%20Hye%20sub

Cut if the Couple Selection, you will see male celebs voicing for their favorite XMan female and do something special for them... In this case KJK was serenading to YEH... His voice is beautiful...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dBBV...al%20eun%20hye

Continue with the couple selection... YEH danced for her potential partner...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL4Na...al%20eun%20hye

lol, yeah I love it, it's hilarious when you watch Eun Hye take down the really really big size and fat guy whom I cant rem his name. and she took him down tones of time, like there is one on the cushion, and she used her nails to stab him , and the wrestling one, she keeps winning.

the vcd of "goong" is going to be out in singapore soon!

link---> http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image25uk.jpg

I'm watching the sixth episode of Goong now, and I've really enjoyed the series so far. Yoon Eun Hye and Joo Ji Hoon are so cute together. (^.^) My favourite series!

Quote Originally Posted by bluewave
    the vcd of "goong" is going to be out in singapore soon!

link---> http://img474.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image25uk.jpg
    Yep! Its already on in TS as of last Monday I think. Its only the part 1 (eps 1-12) and costs $21.90. Quite reasonable, I feel, compared to say Full House at ~$40 when it first came out (I bought it nonetheless =P) Go grab it! The quality is quite good, compared to the usual series I buy from TS. As far as I know, only TS sells it at the moment...Poh Kim hasn't got them yet.

I completed the series a couple of days ago. Why is it that everyone liked Yul rather than Shin? Yul is more of the cute type, and Shin is the handsome type.
    Everyone really pities Yul, but his methods to get Chaegyung caused her to go abroad.

I personally like Shin and Chaegyung a lot together. Shin displays his love to Chaegyung through comfort. Although he was arrogant at first, he really grew on me. Anyway, I hope that Shin and Chaegyung have more chemistry and screentime together in Goong 2. Their relationship was warm and cold all the time, until volume 24 where they were really loving to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by karened
    Yep! Its already on in TS as of last Monday I think. Its only the part 1 (eps 1-12) and costs $21.90. Quite reasonable, I feel, compared to say Full House at ~$40 when it first came out (I bought it nonetheless =P) Go grab it! The quality is quite good, compared to the usual series I buy from TS. As far as I know, only TS sells it at the moment...Poh Kim hasn't got them yet.

Now, Poh Kim sell this too, it depend on which branch you go and they sell
    different price.

The one at Tampines branch, I think they sell it at S$19.90 and they are
    sellilng like "hot cakes".

Is it taiwan dubbed?

did they say when they will have DVD? thanks!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5237/videotsifo0004830271jl.jpg')
    I wonder if these two will be a couple in Goong 2.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterl0us
    I completed the series a couple of days ago. Why is it that everyone liked Yul rather than Shin? Yul is more of the cute type, and Shin is the handsome type.
    Everyone really pities Yul, but his methods to get Chaegyung caused her to go abroad.

I personally like Shin and Chaegyung a lot together. Shin displays his love to Chaegyung through comfort. Although he was arrogant at first, he really grew on me. Anyway, I hope that Shin and Chaegyung have more chemistry and screentime together in Goong 2. Their relationship was warm and cold all the time, until volume 24 where they were really loving to each other.
    well, I'm one opf the chaegyung-yul fans....hmmm I guess its because he's
    1. Pretty cute
    2. A nice dude
    3. Caring and sensitive to chaegyung's feelings
    4. always speaking in the 'romantic' kinda way...liek some fairytale prince or sth...

And I can't help but to pity him..Its like, he's all for chaegyung, although a little schemeing at the end...and I feel that its really sad, like shin 'stole' everything that's important to Yul...

But I'm not against Shin or anything! Currently waiting (IMPATIENTLY) for part 2 to come out and for Shin to win me over. =)

Quote Originally Posted by kbelle
    i think this drama is overrated. honestly it bores me to death, its just moving too slow. the characters are developed well, but 14+ hours into watching this and the story is just flat, hasnt got better. the comedy is not even funny.
    I agree, this drama is quite overrated. I stopped watching at around episode 18. I tried to continue watching it just for the sake of finishing it but couldn't tolerate in any longer. It got really draggy, pointless, cliche, and repetitive. Didn't quite like the leads either. Yoon Eun-hye's cute antics got annoying after a while. The guy that played Shin was stiff as a board. I didn't think he was handsome either, more like an eyesore. Kim Jung Hoon was a better actor than the dude that played Shin but he still needs a lot of improvement. The only plus points I found about this series was the costumes and the set. I still can't believe there is going to be a part II, this series really shouldn't be any longer than 16 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by botan
    I agree, this drama is quite overrated. I stopped watching at around episode 18. I tried to continue watching it just for the sake of finishing it but couldn't tolerate in any longer. It got really draggy, pointless, cliche, and repetitive. Didn't quite like the leads either. Yoon Eun-hye's cute antics got annoying after a while. The guy that played Shin was stiff as a board. I didn't think he was handsome either, more like an eyesore. Kim Jung Hoon was a better actor than the dude that played Shin but he still needs a lot of improvement. The only plus points I found about this series was the costumes and the set. I still can't believe there is going to be a part II, this series really shouldn't be any longer than 16 episodes.
    I adored the lavish, vibrant sets in the palace but the characters really got on my nerves after awhile. I totally agree with your comments botan. I was bored to tears by the time I hit episode 16. As it progressed it felt increasingly juvenile and inconsequential whoever Chaekyong ended up with. Goong could easily have been wrapped up in a shorter number of episodes rather than have it extended due to high ratings (it's all about raking money afterall). Can't fathom the need for a second part when the drama seems to have been wrapped up pretty decently.