Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Da Qi Ying Xiong Zhuan 《大旗英雄传》

VERY nice pix! I can't wait to see this series... Too bad Deric is only a cameo. How long is this series?? My friend is going to China next month. Maybe I will ask her to get this series for me. What do you guys think of it so far??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    VERY nice pix! I can't wait to see this series... Too bad Deric is only a cameo. How long is this series?? My friend is going to China next month. Maybe I will ask her to get this series for me. What do you guys think of it so far??

It's 40 episodes.

I really like it as you can tell. Only half is released so far. Hopefully they won't screw up the second half.

I thought it was neat that the girls were the aggressors and the poor guys didn't have a chance.

SPOILERS
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    --
    -
    -
    -
    -
    The dense third brother was seduced by the very experienced Nai Nai at the behest of her lover. THough she originally saved him because she was attracted to him. He was completely bowled over by her. She always had feelings for him but her entire drive was for the betters things in life. By the time she realized she loved him and that money and pretty things weren't that important, he didn't trust her anymore and rejected her.

Tie Zhong Tang was driven by duty and doing the right thing. Besides after the Clan was almost completely massacred, the survivors traveled far North into the cold wilderness and trained the children that survived ruthlessly. The wives/mothers were kept away separately. It was all abut revenge and some great treasure that they guarded/hidden?

His 1st Brother was thrown out and ordered executed b/c he had fallen in love with the enemy's daughter or something like that. Even though he was the eldest son of leader of the clan, it didn't matter. TZT was given the duty. That's why his younger brother, the third brother, hate/resented TZT even though it was his father, tha clan leader, that gave the order.

TZT drive for revenge was tempered by mercy and justice. So instead of blindly striking out at everything all around him, he thought things through and gave others a chance. He finds that things aren't as simple as the clan thought.

When he fell down the mountain in an effort to save his narrow minded third brother, he met Ling-er. She had lived all her life in the valley with her mother never seeing anyone else. She was really excited to see him. He was touched by her loneliness and kindness. He tried to remain reserve but she was really innocently foward. Despite himself, he fell in love with her,

She proposed to him. He was conflicted. It was really sweet. She said she would tell her mother that she would marry him and would never give it up even if her man-hating mother beat her to death. When he didn't respond, she asked him is it because he didn't love her. He said it was because he did love her that...umm.. Is it because he didn't want to marry her? OF course he wanted to marry her. She must know that the world was a dangerous place. There were many things he had to do and there will be many unforseen dangers on the path he must walk. He didn't want her to get hurt. She wasn't afraid, as long as Tang Ge Ge was with her. No matter what hardship came, she would feel happy just being with him. So he accepted. Well there was a bit more but it's late. It was a huge blow when they find out that they're first cousins which is as good as being siblings.

So the midpoint is with both couple broken up with no chance of reconciliation in sight. But according to what I know of the novel, there is hope!!!!

GK

http://gigolokitty.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by assasin; 05-11-06 at 02:17 AM.

Cool Interesting tidbit

It feel like I'm talking to myself. Oh well, it's a way to pass the time until the second part gets released. Does anyone have a date??

Anyway, an old article when it first started filming last year stated that Tie Zhong Tang will be interpreted as an ancient day 007. I guess it shouldn't be surprising since he is suppose to be CLX's teacher.

I guess that explains the disguises and his ability to dissemble. It doesn't make sense in the context that from age 4 to 22 he spent it in revenge boot camp. Whatever virtues his clan may have, it was not in training spies. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, it just makes his character cooler.

GK
    http://gigolokitty.blogspot.com

this looks to be an interesting series...assassing, can you share the ending with us when you get the second half...i will consider the series if the ending isn't butchered.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

TZT like Ling-Er but he know that the son of Night Emperor (Deric) also like Ling-Er, plus he and Ling-Er is 1st cousin so they can't be together. But actually Deric is actually is the brother of Ling-Er (same father different mom). So on their wedding day (Deric & Ling-Er) they both find out. According to the Taiwan version how that was.

According to the Taiwan version the oldest son died at the end, Actually he did live 5 more years when his father as TZT to take on the order and killed his son. TZT actually didn't kill him but save him.

Cool

I've been doing research. I can't read Chinese very well so reading the novel itself is out. But from comments I've been looking at, the novel has no real ending. It leaves our hero stranded in a cave with no way out and sort of leaves him there. The novel seems to go on a little bit from there and end abruptly.

The only good thing I see from that is there is no tragic ending so the series can freely tack on any ending they want. Which is what they said they would do. So Happy Ending Time!!! Well it better be!

There was a convulated argument somewhere that Chu Liu Xiang was a descendent/disciple of Tie Zhong Tang. Though I saw a few said his teacher was the Night Emperor. If the former is true than TZT must have gotten out.

Truthfully from what I know of GuLong, he probably didn't know himself or changed his mind from time to time. He wrote most of his stuff drunk and usually under duress. Between his drinking, spendthrift ways, various exwives and kids, and womanizing; he always needed money. He always start out well to get an advance and then finish it in a haphazard manner if at all.

A lot of people don't like this novel but the great thing about dramas is sometimes they can improve on what was missing from the book. Which is what I hope will happen here.

GK

Quote Originally Posted by assasin
    I've been doing research. I can't read Chinese very well so reading the novel itself is out. But from comments I've been looking at, the novel has no real ending. It leaves our hero stranded in a cave with no way out and sort of leaves him there. The novel seems to go on a little bit from there and end abruptly.

The only good thing I see from that is there is no tragic ending so the series can freely tack on any ending they want. Which is what they said they would do. So Happy Ending Time!!! Well it better be!

There was a convulated argument somewhere that Chu Liu Xiang was a descendent/disciple of Tie Zhong Tang. Though I saw a few said his teacher was the Night Emperor. If the former is true than TZT must have gotten out.

Truthfully from what I know of GuLong, he probably didn't know himself or changed his mind from time to time. He wrote most of his stuff drunk and usually under duress. Between his drinking, spendthrift ways, various exwives and kids, and womanizing; he always needed money. He always start out well to get an advance and then finish it in a haphazard manner if at all.

A lot of people don't like this novel but the great thing about dramas is sometimes they can improve on what was missing from the book. Which is what I hope will happen here.

GK
    Hey..Assisin. I really enjoy reading your literature. Keep it up! Thanks!!

He wrote most of his stuff drunk and usually under duress.
    Seriously, he never drink when he was writing his novels.
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_Viper
    Seriously, he never drink when he was writing his novels.
    Really. Okay. I'm getting my news secondhand. There is a second MV around. I'll upload it tomorrow.

GK

Talking Another MV

http://download.yousendit.com/0C80B80B24A69CF4

Tang GeGe and Ling-Er. How they meet and he porgress of their relationship in the first half that was released. They're so sweet together.

The Korean actress Qiu Ci Xuan (not sure of her Korean name) faced some controversy due to a rather risque photoshoot called Naturalism. Some were okay, others were artistically sensual and a few were worthy of Playboy. Anyway, they weren't sure they wanted that sort of image for someone who was going to play the pure Ling-er. In the end, the judged it as artistic and gave the go ahead.

I guess she did well enough in the Taiwan/S. Korean joint production of Love Scent. I tend to stay away from Taiwanese dramas. Too many times, it starts off well and kind of spirals into sudden death. So I don't know how she did in it. But I think she was really cool as Ling-er. Ling-er doesn't know martial arts and is a gentle sweet girl but she is not useless. She has a spine. And she does rescue him at one point.

On the happy ending homefront. I have high hopes. The director was a vetran HK TVB director. I think he was involved with the whole series of Jin Yong remakes in the '90s such as Legend of the Condor Heroes, TLBB, and Return of the Condor Heroes.

There is a strong flavour of Jin Yong in the series. As a matter of fact they mention TZT portrayal will have a strong Guo Jing influence. Personally, I feel he's a cross between GJ and YG. As moral as GJ but not as inflexible. Able to think outside the box like YG but not as wild and impulsive. WY said she could never predict YG which is why she was always suspicious of him. But that's not surprising since he sometimes didn't understand his own impulses either.

When I started watching it, I felt a sort of nostalgia. It wasn't until my friend pointed it out that I realized it had the feel of TVB serials from the '80s and early '90s except with better scenery and budget. I am sorry to say that most of the time, the mainland China productions leave me cold despite the beauty of the sets and the attractivness of their actors. It seems to lack the warmth/spark of chemistry. I can't watch TVB anymore b/c I don't like the look of their actors or costumes or sceneries. Actually I don't like their actors overall. They can act but sometimes they look really worn and tired. And as much as the guys like looking at pretty actresses, I like to see attractive actors...okay actresses as well.

Back to my most important concern, HAPPY ENDING!!!
    I checked out the official page and with a trusty on-line translator, I brute forced a translation. Okay. Tie Zhong Tang gets out of the cave and with a possee, defeats the bad guys. The Flag Clan returns from exile and take their rightful position. I think he is made head of the Flag clan. I had my Chinese literate friend to confirm that part. And there is 20 years of peace. It doesn't mention about him and Ling-er but I figure they get together. I mean if she died, would he hang around or go off somewhere to grieve. She was part of the possee. I mean they wouldn't kill her in the final battle right?

Oh yeah, TZT has 2 other girls in love with him. One is the younger sister of the girl that got his eldest brother sentenced to death by the Clan leader. She tries to turn her father (played by the father of the actor who plays ZTZ) from the dark path and becomes caught in its web. She loses her mind. Something to do with accidently taking some potion prepared by thie Evil Master Posion guy. The other girl is some other minor character.

Ling-er almost got married to the Derik Wan's character, Night Emperor's son. Fortunately, her mother's mother-in-law arrived to tell everyone that the Night Emperor fathered her. It seems our favorite crazy man-hating mother was the third wife of a momma's boy. He neglected her and was sterlile. This made her ripe for seduction by the opportunist uncle of TZT. However, she had a one night stand with the Night Emperor which made her pregnant before her mother-in-law pushes her adulterous butt off a cliff.

GK
    Last edited by assasin; 05-15-06 at 03:19 AM.

aww..rain is not the main lead??..i thought she is and she look so cute in here with that guy...anybody nice enough to give me the direct link where i can download this serie at??..im trying to track this serie down and even when to the china store to buy the dvd but they doesnt have it...thanx for ur help...

Yea, I highly doubt that he was writing any of his novels when he was drunk. TOo bad he is no longer alive or else he can revise his novels like JY did to make them better.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/GK2010/Flag%20Hero/U102P28T3D817941F326DT2005082219082.jpg')
    wooooooh, eyecandy

read good things about this series in a chinese forum, hoping to download this soon. haven't read any of gulong's novels so I'm gonna to start with a clean slate

That actress sort of looks like Gao Yuan Yuan at some angles... I am glad that more GU Long novels are being made into series.... I love a number of his novels. Very good writer.... I can't wait until they remake Jiu Yue Ying fei and other good novels.

How come at Yesasia they only have the VCD set with only 26 eps and say that it is the full version?? I think they made a mistake right??They have done that before...
    Last edited by Trinie; 05-16-06 at 10:32 PM.

anybody order this set at yesasia yet??...cuz i've try to order it and it say that it will not ship it out to me until the end of this month...my god it's take 2 weeks to send it even though it's priority mail...im going to die of waiting...

Angry Sad Ending!!!

According to the character description for Ling-er on the official webpage http://www.daqiyingxiong.com/hero.jsp?id=3&img_id=3

Ling-er and Tie Zhong Tang will be permanently separated by death. She is probably going to die! Well one of them is dying or maybe both.

That sucks! Unless that is misinformation, this is going to be a tragedy. I can't believe they let that dumb third brother and Rain get a happy ending and leave my favorite couple in the cold.

When the second part comes out, I'm looking at the ending first. I guess I'm not buying this series. Darn it. If I had known I wouldn't have watched it at all.

GK

Is ending really that important... as long as the story is good, the show is good, the ending isn't that important anymore............ because in my heart they live... at least they are in the novel.

DVD version is out at yesasia. However it's only the 1st part, not a complete volume.
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐

Quote Originally Posted by eternityxdream
    anybody order this set at yesasia yet??...cuz i've try to order it and it say that it will not ship it out to me until the end of this month...my god it's take 2 weeks to send it even though it's priority mail...im going to die of waiting...
    I think yesasia.com make a mistake there. I don't think it end at 26 vcd and 7DVD. There should be 2nd part. Maybe you wait little bit until tigercool.com release it. Usually they ship quick. Yesasia.com have a time frame that they can ship this item from 7-14 days.

It is sad if it is going to be a tragedy, but that doesn't mean that it is a bad series. I really like happy endings, however, it gets boring to see them over and over again. I think it makes a show more memorable sometimes if it is a sad ending....

Although the officical website says it's a tragedy. But still most of the Gu Long's fans think that the ending isn't going to be this simple as the director is very faithful to the original novel... Besides, this is what i have extracted from the official website 大决战中,夜帝和装死躲藏已久的云铿忽然出现助阵,冷一枫、司徒笑、风九幽等人不敌,先后被杀,大旗门又恢 复二十年前的风光,重返中原武林,由心胸宽广、义薄云天的铁中棠,接任大旗门门主一职,武林又 重享太平. If this is a tragedy, very high probability Shui Ling Guang is the one who died...

导演袁英明说:“一方面要对主人公的情感戏进行丰富,另一方面要根据原著前半部分的描写,以及古龙一贯的风 格,来续写主人公的命运,我们目前的剧本整体上是一部悲剧,但结尾会设计一个相对开放式的情节,给观众留下 回味。” Hope the director is going to change the ending...
    Last edited by Vic_Viper; 05-19-06 at 01:40 AM.
    仁。智。义。信。礼。忠。孝。悌。忍
    慈。慧。气。念。仪。实。心。情。耐