Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Any Badminton Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by sheraldine View Post
    do you still play badminton often? i broke my racket since 1988 or so and never at it since.
    Wow! 1988? That was a looong time.

Yes, I still play for fitness purposes. And also coach younger kids to play. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post

Yes, I still play for fitness purposes. And also coach younger kids to play. :-)
    O I C.... so good of you to coach the youngsters.... Malaysia in DIRE NEED for new blood and fresh generation in this sport. Yes, 1988 very long time... dun think i can hit the birdie across the net now...

O I C.... so good of you to coach the youngsters.... Malaysia in DIRE NEED for new blood and fresh generation in this sport. Yes, 1988 very long time... dun think i can hit the birdie across the net now...
    Kind of accident getting into coaching, and I liked it. Specially the kids smiles after the sessions.

Malaysia still has Lei ChongWei. He is an excellent player, too bad the current 21 point system does not seem to work for him.

Kind of accident getting into coaching, and I liked it. Specially the kids smiles after the sessions.

Malaysia still has Lei ChongWei. He is an excellent player, too bad the current 21 point system does not seem to work for him.

Good! Any future and potential champion?

Lee Chongwei is good but malaysia needs more than one Lees. the guy such make or break at semis and finals.... anyway, IMO watching him playing is like having heart attack anytime. aiyoyo, no good for my age ler. i rather read the newspaper next day at least impact no so strong watching LIVE

Good! Any future and potential champion?

Lee Chongwei is good but malaysia needs more than one Lees. the guy such make or break at semis and finals.... anyway, IMO watching him playing is like having heart attack anytime. aiyoyo, no good for my age ler. i rather read the newspaper next day at least impact no so strong watching LIVE
    Most of the kids play for fun most of the part, however the hard working ones were picked up for training in the junior select squad with professional coaches.

I am not familiar with the current scene in Malaysia badminton. I grew up watching players like the Sidek brothers, Foo Kok Keong, So Beng Keong/Cheah Soon Kit, etc. Malaysia used to have strong singles and doubles players in men. The ladies were weaker until Wong Mew Choo came along. How is the development for young players going in Malaysia?

I am not familiar with the current scene in Malaysia badminton. I grew up watching players like the Sidek brothers, Foo Kok Keong, So Beng Keong/Cheah Soon Kit, etc. Malaysia used to have strong singles and doubles players in men. The ladies were weaker until Wong Mew Choo came along. How is the development for young players going in Malaysia?
    Neither am I, since mid 90's and worst era in malaysian badminton, due their famous squabblings.

Also didn't watch when LCW lost to LD last game, and they going to meet again this coming game.

Neither am I, since mid 90's and worst era in malaysian badminton, due their famous squabblings.

Also didn't watch when LCW lost to LD last game, and they going to meet again this coming game.
    From what I could see, LD will win against LCW.

If we compare these players 2 years back - it appears at that time LCW is technically better and LD physically stronger and faster. Today LD improved technically while it appears that LCW is stuck.

Another thing to consider is the scoring change. The current 21 points rally scoring format should suit LD better. Shorter and faster games should suit fast players and put less stress on technique.

My 2 cents. ;-)

From what I could see, LD will win against LCW. Another thing to consider is the scoring change. The current 21 points rally scoring format should suit LD better. Shorter and faster games should suit fast players and put less stress on technique.
    majority could see LD win I wish LCW plays badminton like Nicol David in Squash. all her victories not easily won but each time, rose to occasion by beating the odds.

whenever there changes, there be adjustments. admit our disadvantages, but come on, the fact Malaysian Badminton lacks the true Spirit of Game

sheraldine

majority could see LD win I wish LCW plays badminton like Nicol David in Squash. all her victories not easily won but each time, rose to occasion by beating the odds.

whenever there changes, there be adjustments. admit our disadvantages, but come on, the fact Malaysian Badminton lacks the true Spirit of Game

sheraldine
    Don't know about this part, but I see LCW an excellent player. Too bad he has LD on his way. He may need a different coach or a different training program to take him to a higher plane and compete with LD.

About the spirit of the game, I can't say much for Koo Kean Keat...

Don't know about this part, but I see LCW an excellent player. Too bad he has LD on his way. He may need a different coach or a different training program to take him to a higher plane and compete with LD.

About the spirit of the game, I can't say much for Koo Kean Keat...
    LCW certainly is, afterall LD with pride and arrogance, saluted a Malaysian player after the game. Lee lost but Lin certain didn't win easily at that time. They are like RF and FN of Tennis but sadly badminton lacking Tennis spark with LCW failing behind

Different training program should be good but is skeptic about new coach given our history with them As for KKK.... err, what?

LCW certainly is, afterall LD with pride and arrogance, saluted a Malaysian player after the game. Lee lost but Lin certain didn't win easily at that time. They are like RF and FN of Tennis but sadly badminton lacking Tennis spark with LCW failing behind

Different training program should be good but is skeptic about new coach given our history with them As for KKK.... err, what?
    Though I support China team and players in badminton, I am not a fan of LD. I prefer Zhao Jianhua and in my opinion Zhao was a better player - technically and tactically. ;-)

Sorry to confuse you about KKK. I feel KKK is an excellent player, but not much spirit shown during the games. Did not see his game improving. :-(

Though I support China team and players in badminton, I am not a fan of LD. I prefer Zhao Jianhua and in my opinion Zhao was a better player - technically and tactically. ;-)

Sorry to confuse you about KKK. I feel KKK is an excellent player, but not much spirit shown during the games. Did not see his game improving. :-(

poor LD, am not his fan either . yeah, Zhao an excellent player. Beside technic and tactic, he also got the super height that delighting some of my crazy girlfriends

as for KKK, I didn't follow up his progress or lack of it.

Malaysia got good results in Indonesia Open. Lee Chong Wei won the men singles and Chin Eei Hui and Wong Pei Tty the Women Doubles. China results not very good, only got the Mixed Doubles.

Lin Dan has a good girlfriend

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg2.163.com/photo/0005/2008-02-02/43LV6EUM05H10005.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.59766.com/peruser/upic/20078/4/413563720.jpeg')

I liked badminton very much, but here in India along a vast conservative society badminton is considered as Feminine Sports so boys have laughed over if they play this sorts of sports
    They all forward this sorts of reasons in proving that this is a game for womens
    They believe that there is a very less running involved in badminton. I agree a lot of stamina is required but generally, it gets unnoticed as the area covered is very small.
    Some guys here also keep of saying this that in badminton chances of injury are also bleak. It deprives men of that hunch we get from taking risks (you know why bike riding attracts us.)

There is no ball involved in the game. I mean there gotta be a ball to play with else you are uselessly swinging your racquet in the air.This is the most rediculas reason ,that are given by some vague guys.

So can gay one forward me some couple of good counters to barricades them from my family person thoughts and thinkings.
    You can connect me through this app https://bitly.com/app100mph, I am in the badminton community this app.

Likewise, Badminton a form of exercise to get fit and so with my family as our way to bond with each other.

Badminton is craziest game even & making you alot of benefits . I am beginner so using Beginners tennis Racquets I suggest everyone to use High quality Racquets to make your grip strong...

I was a varsity player in college, missed the old days! Also, it's a great exercise that you can enjoy with your friends!