Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Any Badminton Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by sheraldine
    you can start to dream the olympic gold actually i was dreaming they lost, coz i was ill then. the next day, the news announced their wins
    Still too early. If they're still up there by the end of the year then I'll start. Don't want to get my hopes up too much. Anyway, now for a rest (from tournaments). We don't want them to be burnt out so soon.

Funny, cos I dreamt they lost as well.

See how much confidence we have in our boys?

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    Funny, cos I dreamt they lost as well. See how much confidence we have in our boys?
    confidence??? the word is phobia, dearie... it will take years to bring back the word confidence into malaysian badminton. it takes years for squash and nicol david to establish as world best and no 1, few championships in few months are nothing to brag for our country's badminton .
    Last edited by sheraldine; 03-19-07 at 09:55 PM.

confidence??? the word is phobia, dearie... it will take years to bring back the word confidence into malaysian badminton. it takes years for squash and nicol david to establish as world best and no 1, few championships in few months are nothing to brag for our country's badminton .
    Especially since we only have ONE pair worth talking about. The others.... Let's just say that if the Thomas Cup were this year, we'll be screwed.

KKK and TBH will soon be figured out and defeated. They are a new pair to the scene, but once others work their weakness, it'll be even-stevens again.
    Especially enjoy the way the Korean pairs have dealt with them, its a shame Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng have not been able to execute a proper strategy against the pair, which has lead them to be defeated by them twice in a row now. But I'm sure they will figure them out soon enough.... or otherwise I think Fu Haifeng needs to be partnered with someone else who can also at least smash some unreturnable smashes unlike Cai Yun. They can't always rely on Fu Haifengs record breaking smashes like his 334kph rockets.
    Anyways heres a great singing performance by FHF and CY at Chinese Spring Festival. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pL9hpUCJU

In MS, Super Dan continues to dominate for China hes absolutely machine like... lets hope he recovers from his back injury soon..., while Chen Jin is improving every tourney.
    Players like Bao Chunlai will just not be completely successful in the long run, he just lacks the killer instinct on court and the thirst for victory like Lin Dan has... its almost hes too feminent and his smashes are only as powerful as Taufik Hidayat's backhand smashes. Chen Yun I always believed is mentally unstable and weak, thus the way hes underachieved for so long... he has shown he is quite brilliant when his minds right, by the way hes dealt with Lee Chong Wei, and Chen Jin in the All Englands.
    Its good to see Chen Hong coming out of his one moneth retirement, hopefully he can regain some of his old touch... always enjoyed watching his game the most, because its so attacking and explosive though he possesses good net play as well unlike Lin Dan who relies heavily on unmatched agility and super smashes.

Lets also hope Taufik Hidayat can regain his enthusiasm to play badminton again after is little spat with PBSI, and challenge Lin Dan once more... but I see that as less and less likely as hes lost his killer smash and relies more heavily on peerfless netplay and reputation nowdays.
    So sad as he is the most naturally gifted and talented player to ever grace the courts since the legednary Zhao Jianhua... sigh... too bad he smokes constantly and cant be bothered training most days.
    Hopefully the young Simon Santoso can take up the mantle as the premier player for Indonesia soon, as they need someone more reliable than the mercurial Taufik soon enough in the near future are Hidayat retires at the end of the Beijing Olympics.

Another good player is Lee Chong Wei but the dude is absolutely mentally fragile, he needs to somehow develop a powerful smash of which he can end rallies with, cos after watching many of his matches it is obvious that though he has brilliant skill and stamina, he just can't finish off his opponents with a smash out of nowhere. He relies more on opponents mistakes and counter attacking which is much more of a gamble style of play.

Other players still good in MS are Peter Gade Christiansen, Kenneth Johanssen but the challenge for China I feel is still too little atm.
    Players like Hafiz Hashim I have no hope for, they are just too weak in the mind and too unfit.

Quote Originally Posted by strife au
    In MS, Super Dan continues to dominate for China hes absolutely machine like... Lets also hope Taufik Hidayat can regain his enthusiasm to play badminton again after is little spat with PBSI, and challenge Lin Dan once more...

Another good player is Lee Chong Wei but the dude is absolutely mentally fragile,

Other players still good in MS are Peter Gade Christiansen, Kenneth Johanssen but the challenge for China I feel is still too little atm.

Players like Hafiz Hashim I have no hope for, they are just too weak in the mind and too unfit.
    the first two fella got attitude problem - i have nothing against them and quite enjoyed their fair plays but when it comes to sportmanship, they are at zero negative point. i think they are worst than divas tantrum.

lee is affected by several factors - either he picked up his momentum again or he going down all the way - fullstop. i didnt mean to sound sarcastic, but i think i have seen it on someone before, now who could that be????

as for the last fella, he's..... aiyah, never mind lah

Used to like Badminton. Now i dont. Too boring... unlike volleyball; It makes it more interesting.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    Used to like Badminton. Now i dont. Too boring... unlike volleyball; It makes it more interesting.
    tell me, how to make badminton "more" interesting?

offtopic a little...hey why was strife banned? he didnt hav any foul posts since his comeback.... imho, i dun think he shud be banned...
    Last edited by big master; 04-12-07 at 01:20 AM.
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    offtopic a little...hey why was strife banned? he didnt hav any foul posts since his comeback.... imho, i dun think he shud be banned...
    i am as confused as you on the topic and am ignorant on the matter, o big master

i am as confused as you on the topic and am ignorant on the matter, o big master
    i wonder who can answer this question hehehehe...he was well-behaved this time, really...

anyways, badminton (n swimming) is one of the sports that i play although very very seldom...as for other sports,i totally dont play 'em at all

so i can say that somehow,i am a fan of badminton compared to other sports?
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    i can say that somehow,i am a fan of badminton
    good to know that

I like badminton. I often go outside my house and play badminton w/ either my cousins or the maids
    Call me KIM

LIVE
    to
    EAT
    to
    LIVE

Danny Noriega (American Idol Season 7) fan FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by kimtsf
    I like badminton. I often go outside my house and play badminton w/ either my cousins or the maids
    unfortunatey we lived apart and due to age gap, if not i can play with you provided you dont smatching me all the way

Sheraldine - the ABC... the begining of a downfall? Definately a disappointing performance by KKK/TBH. Fortunately, they lost to other Malaysians but still, you gotta wonder whether the instant stardom has gone to their heads.

Singles still in a slump they seem to be unable to climb out off.

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    Sheraldine - the ABC... the begining of a downfall? Definately a disappointing performance by KKK/TBH. Fortunately, they lost to other Malaysians but still, you gotta wonder whether the instant stardom has gone to their heads.

Singles still in a slump they seem to be unable to climb out off.
    like i said, malaysians are like that - i am not surprised, seen it all b4 .... but they are still young, and to compete in every tournament seems maddening you CANNOT win every game.

as for the singles, recent development shows that there is no hope they will regain their former self. perhaps once in a while.... but nothing to shout about anymore

KKK/TBH is a very good pair. As I see it, they are the best pair now. They have excellent defence and they possess a powerful attacks combined with good variation of shots. Maybe if Chandra/Gunawan/Sigi/Halim were younger a few years, they may be able to provide a good fight. The Chinese pair of CY/FHF has a powerful attack and good defence, but lack the variations of the Malaysian pair. Maybe the main opposition might come from Korea.

LCW is a very strong singles player. I believe he's technically better than Lin Dan, but Lin has the edge in the physical department and maybe psychological as well. But LCW has excellent skills, I believe is a question of time when he bounces back. Similarly Yang Yang in the 80's was also a good player but did not achieve much. Suddenly out of nowhere, he got the needed confidence and started to be a constant figure in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle
    KKK/TBH is a very good pair. As I see it, they are the best pair now. They have excellent defence and they possess a powerful attacks combined with good variation of shots.
    but fooling around... although refreshing but not when the game is on. after winning a point, then you can dance or clown about for the moment before you set for another round. i want to see and have a good sportman, not a sport brat. but they are young and if they dont maintain their game, bye bye

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle
    LCW is a very strong singles player. I believe he's technically better than Lin Dan, but Lin has the edge in the physical department and maybe psychological as well.
    lee was strong... and that is history.

Sheraldine: I guess I can't really complain. Losing in the final isn't a bad thing. Just a bit worried cos they struggled against the Taiwanese. We'll see how the S'pore and Indon Opens go.

Edit: Now if only those idiot politicians would leave them alone...

LCW needs a major boost in confidence. Only a big victory can give him that. Hafiz is a yo-yo. Given up on him long ago. WCH is getting on in years. Even if he regains his form, he can't last much longer. Malaysia needs new blood (especially in singles). What I would give for a Chen Yu or Simon Santoso.

Eagle: I wish I could actually watch KKK/TBH play. Heard so much about their style. I don't get LIVE matches over here so I've been reduced to watching Youtube. Not exactly a great alternative considering the picture quality. I can hardly see where the shuttle is sometimes.

On the non-Malaysian side, I'm glad Chen Hong's back and no longer under Li Yongbo's thumb. Man that guy (LYB) sure can talk crap.
    Last edited by dgfds01; 04-18-07 at 07:10 AM.

well, it was KKK/TBH timely loss and a good lesson. you are right, losing to fellow malaysians not that bad .... luckily, you didnt manage to catch live.... you would have rolled your eyes, and switched off the set and go to bed the way rexy left the place and took next plane home

dgfds01,
    I think you can find some badminton matches on e-mule and they also available in some Chinese BT sites. Some fans do convert the matches shown on TV and convert them to digital format - usually *.RMVB. This site http://www.cttbi.net/sp/ also offers some matches for download. Quality is quite acceptable and is free, but need a bit of patience to download - suggest to use a download manager.

sheraldine,
    Don't write off LCW. You never know when he will bounce back - it could happen it the middle of the game, who knows. He is an excellent player, and I don't have any problem placing him among the top 10 in the world.

I am a supporter of the Chinese team, and I think as of now, Malaysia and China are the countries with best chances to win the Thomas Cup. Malaysia have 2 excellent men doubles team and from what I have seen KKK/TBH have advantage of CY/FHF of China. LWW/CTF should not have any problems against the second doubles team from China. If LCW plays 2nd singles instead of 1st, then Malaysia has much better chance to win the Thomas Cup.