Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Default The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Sean Boswell is an outsider who attempts to define himself as a hot-headed, underdog street racer. Although racing provides a temporary escape from an unhappy home and the superficial world around him, it has also made Sean unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Sean is sent to live with his gruff, estranged father, a career military-man stationed in Tokyo. Now officially a gaijin (outsider), Sean feels even more shut out in a land of foreign customs and codes of honor. But it doesn't take long for him to find some action when a fellow American buddy, Twinkie, introduces him to the underground world of drift racing. Sean's simple drag racing gets replaced by a rubber-burning, automotive art form with an exhilarating balance of speeding and gliding through a heart-stopping course of hairpin turns and switchbacks. On his first time out drifting, Sean unknowingly takes on D.K., the "Drift King," a local champ with ties to the Japanese crime machine Yakuza. Sean's loss comes at a high price tag when he's forced to work off the debt under the thumb of ex-pat, Han. Han soon welcomes Sean into this family of misfits and introduces him to the real principles of drifting. But when Sean falls for D.K.'s girlfriend, Neela, an explosive series of events is set into motion, climaxing with a high stakes face off.
    Also Known As:
    Fast and the Furious III
    Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release
    Genres: Action/Adventure and Sequel
    Release Date: June 16th, 2006 (wide)
    MPAA Rating: Not Rated
    Distributors:
    Universal Pictures Distribution
    Production Co.:
    Original Film
    Studios:
    Universal Pictures
    Filming Locations:
    Los Angeles, California, USA
    Tokyo, Japan
    Produced in: United States

watch the trailer: http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/info/l...715999/trailer
    main site: http://www.thefastandthefurious3.com/main.html
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/the_fast_and_the_furious__tokyo_drift/samuel_hubinette/tokyodrift1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/the_fast_and_the_furious__tokyo_drift/samuel_hubinette/tokyodrift2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/universal_pictures/the_fast_and_the_furious__tokyo_drift/tokyodrift1.jpg')
    Last edited by SkyKing; 03-17-06 at 12:32 PM.

Wow, I thought that Paul Walker or anyone from the previous movies would return. In my opinion, I think Initial D influenced this because of the setting in Japan and the use of drifting.

It was probably a wise career move for Vin Diesel not to star in the sequels if he wanted to be a serious actor. 2 Fast 2 Furious was still fun. I might watch this at the theatre.

Looks like Satoshi Tsumabuki gets a couple of seconds screen time there. Is that Korean looking guy supposed to be a Japanese in the movie or something?

saw the trailer...n it's pretty good...alot of nice car....but of course there will be the ugly american car(the old kind).......

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

This movie comes out[IN UK] 16 June 2006, can't w8 2 c it
    Last edited by Gundam-Freedom; 06-09-06 at 08:55 AM.

And when can you see this movie in China??????

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    This movie comes out[IN UK] 16 June 2006, can't w8 2 c it
    it comes out tomorrow for us (15th June)
    getting together with my old drag friends and watching this...

ah yeah gonna bring back memories...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://members.optusnet.com.au/netdriftr/vishes06.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://members.optusnet.com.au/netdriftr/vishes03.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://members.optusnet.com.au/netdriftr/vishes04.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    it comes out tomorrow for us (15th June)
    getting together with my old drag friends and watching this...

ah yeah gonna bring back memories...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://members.optusnet.com.au/netdriftr/vishes06.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://members.optusnet.com.au/netdriftr/vishes03.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://members.optusnet.com.au/netdriftr/vishes04.jpg')
    nice optusnet!

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

looking forward to this movie...
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    saw the trailer...n it's pretty good...alot of nice car....but of course there will be the ugly american car(the old kind).......
    they have to 'americanised' the movie - the use of nitrous is not very common in the japanese modified scene. also these cars are set up for drifting - so nitrous is useless here!!!

theres a 67 Mustang in there - but ironically its powered by an RB26 engine!!! Mustang fans will see that as an insult!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Radken
    It was probably a wise career move for Vin Diesel not to star in the sequels if he wanted to be a serious actor. 2 Fast 2 Furious was still fun. I might watch this at the theatre.
    Vin Diesel will NEVER be seen as a serious actor, not with that stupid name anyway.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21
    Vin Diesel will NEVER be seen as a serious actor, not with that stupid name anyway.
    He backed out of 2 Fast 2 Furious because he thought he was too bad for it...wanted a lot of money. Well, Paul Walker stayed and look at him now. Paul is much bigger than Vin right now. He had better roles. Paul backed out part 3 now. I guess he think he's big now as well.

This is the best Fast and Furious instalment period! It's all cars, all chicks, and all drift action.

There aren't that many cheesy lines this time around. The plot is probably used to death in these types of movies. The acting is bearable for this type of movie. It's no golden statue contender but it will satisfy the target audience.

The movie tagline is 'speed needs no translation', I'd like to think 'speed needs no apprehension' It doesn't matter if you don't understand the modified car jargons, nor the loose attempt at characterisation - just enjoy the spectacles and sideways action. It's argubably the best car movie I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    He backed out of 2 Fast 2 Furious because he thought he was too bad for it...wanted a lot of money. Well, Paul Walker stayed and look at him now. Paul is much bigger than Vin right now. He had better roles. Paul backed out part 3 now. I guess he think he's big now as well.
    Vin Diesel made a cameo appearance in this movie. The punchline was quite funny

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    And vin diesel stars in the pacifier... great movie btw I enjoyed dat very much.

tap tap tap!

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    And vin diesel stars in the pacifier... great movie btw I enjoyed dat very much.

tap tap tap!
    pacifier is a good guy movie....Riddick is waaay better....though him being grey in Pitch Black is much more fun....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

The plot was ok (orignal), a few comedy parts, the effect = , hot japanese gals, def better then part 2. gr8 movie I enjoy it.

it a good street race movie, i like the 1st the best.

Thumbs down

I think this movie shouldn't been made I mean it's pointless [but sorry taht's just IMO. Don't jump ]. It's nothing good...
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -