Page 21 of 60 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by SolyNLiza View Post
    Does anyone know when did Sharapova loose in French Open 2007?
    I was rooting for her, but when I got to see the woman final, I didn't see her, so disappointed.
    she lost pretty badly to Ana Ivanovic SRB, who lost to Justine Henin to become the Champion again.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/bi...s/wtas961.html

Does anyone know when did Sharapova loose in French Open 2007?
    I was rooting for her, but when I got to see the woman final, I didn't see her, so disappointed.
    she lost in the semi final to the serbian player
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    my first impression was something about arm muscles.
    yeah, i'm talking aobut his arms. Last game I watched of tennis was nadal vs that smart english guy and nearly lost. Nadal's left arm was 3 times the size of his right arm.

I read the newspaper and it says Federer lost to Nadal the past two years. Anyone know who Nadal beat for his first French Open? I am surprised it was not Federer. Did Federer lose to Nadal on the way in French Open 2005?

Pretty sad Federer can't win the French Open. He practically beat everyone else except for Nadal. Any other court, Federer would win against Nadal majority of the time, yet on clay, different story. One annoying obstacle in Federer's way to get the career Grand Slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I read the newspaper and it says Federer lost to Nadal the past two years. Anyone know who Nadal beat for his first French Open? I am surprised it was not Federer. Did Federer lose to Nadal on the way in French Open 2005?

Pretty sad Federer can't win the French Open. He practically beat everyone else except for Nadal. Any other court, Federer would win against Nadal majority of the time, yet on clay, different story. One annoying obstacle in Federer's way to get the career Grand Slam.
    *nod nod* sigh.. and now nadal is making history while federer is left out.. aw.. next year, we shall see!!!
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

my first impression was something about arm muscles.

i must be deluded, but while we're on that topic, i think tennis players should stop trying to "buff up."

again, this leads back to Federer being a classic tennis player. Other players like Nadal and Hewitt have all done a lot of... gym? weightlifting? something like that to get their muscles to double in size in time for the next Aus Open (it's the only one i really keep up with since it's the only one on at Aus at appropriate times. Vaguely remember waking up at 5am to watch Federer play at US open)

of course, it's a decent explanation as to why some of these players have so much strength, but i think it's unnecessary and i prefer the slimmer build, for example Federer.

On another note, i think Nadal has very bad fashion sense. He spent the whole Australian Open picking at his "long" shorts because they were too tight and obviously uncomfortable. On the other hand, Federer has pretty awesome taste in clothing, he always looks good in the clothes he wears, apart from this time where he wore all white, which looked extremely dorky, but it was, of course, in a very cute way.

On the female side, i think Sharapova has ok taste in clothes, but comes off looking better than most players because of her thin frame, except at her shoulders, which are huge and look out of proportion to her waist. Hantachova is another one that always looks good. Hingis always looked nice too, even without the more "showy" outfits the other two tend to pick. Serena Williams is a fashion disaster.

There ends my rant for the day.
    and that exactly makes MY day.. rofl.. oo.. maybe federer shud buff up too?? lol...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    yeah, i'm talking aobut his arms. Last game I watched of tennis was nadal vs that smart english guy and nearly lost. Nadal's left arm was 3 times the size of his right arm.
    well it looked ok at Aus open so i doubt his arm shrunk.

last year though... ROFL

i was just thinking how uneven his arms were and how horrible he pants were.

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    and that exactly makes MY day.. rofl.. oo.. maybe federer shud buff up too?? lol...
    Federer doesn't need to buff up. He's got the greatest figure/body of all the male tennis players at the moment, including "pistol gun" Nadal

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    she lost pretty badly to Ana Ivanovic SRB, who lost to Justine Henin to become the Champion again.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/bi...s/wtas961.html
    Woww, 6-2, 6-1?? How can it be

Anyway, thanks for the info
    Idol: Liza Wang Ming Chuen
    fav drama: War of In Laws, A Matter Of Customs, ATE, Blade Heart...
    forum: http://lizawang.go-forum.net

Woww, 6-2, 6-1?? How can it be

Anyway, thanks for the info
    Sharapova wasn't in great form entering Roland Garros. I heard she was sick/injured.

o man 0-0-0, now everytime i think of nadal i think of u. i think u should put nadal as ur avatar from now on
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I remember Nadal as a 16 year old playing in the ASB New Zealand Open and just narrowly losing I think
    He was already awesome back then.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

many sports people who starts at an early age also burns out fast. I can't wait for the day Nadal is beaten on clay.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    many sports people who starts at an early age also burns out fast. I can't wait for the day Nadal is beaten on clay.
    by federer, no less!

i think my avatar expires soon...

Well, Hewitt was one player who became world number 1 pretty early and then kind of fell from there.

actually, i think it's a bit sad that Nadal ha never been number 1, and probably never will because Federer is standing in the way, and by the time he goes, there will be a new generation probably stronger than Nadal.

actually, i think it's a bit sad that Nadal has never been number 1, and probably never will because Federer is standing in the way, and by the time he goes, there will be a new generation probably stronger than Nadal.
    I dunno.. I'm kind of happy to hear that..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Sharapova wasn't in great form entering Roland Garros. I heard she was sick/injured.
    I see poor her.
    Idol: Liza Wang Ming Chuen
    fav drama: War of In Laws, A Matter Of Customs, ATE, Blade Heart...
    forum: http://lizawang.go-forum.net

I see poor her.
    Sharapova was out 6 to 7 weeks due to a teared muscle tissue in the serving arm. she isn't 100% healed but decided to compete at the French Open despite the injury, because she respected the status of the tournament. You could tell in the early rounds that her shoulder bothered her at times. But as the true sport she is, she played it down when questioned by reporters and just said during the first round she felt like a cow on ice, since clay is her worst surface. ha ha. this girl's funny. but for her to get to the semis for the first time with a bad shoulder, that's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post

I believe the dude's last name is Puerta. Forgot his first name. Nadal however beat Federer in the semis to get to the final, so it wasn't an easy road getting to the final.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tennisrocks View Post
    I believe the dude's last name is Puerta. Forgot his first name. Nadal however beat Federer in the semis to get to the final, so it wasn't an easy road getting to the final.
    i got a question on that - I thought that the placing of the players will be such that the World No. 1 & 2 shouldn't meet each other until the final. how is it that Nadal & Federer play each other on the semis?
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak View Post
    i got a question on that - I thought that the placing of the players will be such that the World No. 1 & 2 shouldn't meet each other until the final. how is it that Nadal & Federer play each other on the semis?
    I don't think Nadal was ranked 2 at that point. From memory, he was injured for most of the previous year and that was his first appearance at Roland Garros.

Wimbledon is starting!!!! Hooray!!!

I'm rooting for a Federer/Murray final That would just be AWESOME!

In the meantime, if Nadal happens to retire from tennis, he is obviously well on the road to pursue a singing career. Despite not liking him much, i find his attempt at singing/dancing pretty adorable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhmCrWDDSY8

i imagine federer would sound 10x better, but 50x more awkward in terms of dancing.