Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak
    haha......so wats the result of davis cup?

federer won japan open.......heard tat he almost lost to the japanese player in the quaterfinals.
    yeah, I heard he had a bad night of sleep that he woke up screaming due to some nightmare or whatever. But goes to show that nothing seems to be able to prevent the Fed Man from winning. Not even a bad dream.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

hmm....heard tat Nadal lost in madrid, but federer moved on to semifinals, which is going on today.
    for the womens, Sharapova won, whereas hingis lost.

felt really bad for hingis - i like her play.

any comments?
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Thumbs up

im just waiting 4 da MASTERS at the end of the yr.

thats where all the kewl actions gonna be

issit just me or is federer kinda disliked by his own countrymen?i mean,he was not chosen for the davis cup and he's not seeded first at the swiss indoor tournament which is going on now.why's dat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    issit just me or is federer kinda disliked by his own countrymen?i mean,he was not chosen for the davis cup and he's not seeded first at the swiss indoor tournament which is going on now.why's dat?

really? i've never heard of tis before.

ESPN sucks big time. They no longer carry Davis Cup, which means no broadcast of the final between Russia and Argentina, and they no longer carry the WTA year ending tournament. Yeah, so they suck big time.

YAY, Sharapova won her 3rd straight tournament in a row over the weekend. After the US Open win, she won in Zurich last week, then followed up with her 3rd title win in a row in Linz, Astria, dethroning the defending champ Petrova. That was the 10th all-Russian final of 2006, which I thought was interesting.

tennisrocks, do you think maria is capable of getting #1 rank by the end of this year?

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    tennisrocks, do you think maria is capable of getting #1 rank by the end of this year?
    hmm, that might be a tough one even though Sharapova just moved into the 2nd spot right behind Mauresmo, but she's 209 points behind. Unless Sharapova beats a top ranking player in the finals to juice out a bit more points, it's tough to call the race. Hopefully she'll make history again with a great performance at the year end tournament.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 10-31-06 at 12:30 PM.

Dang it, I just found out from my Tennis magazine that ESPN will drop coverage of French Open, and in order to watch it I'd have to subscribe to Tennis Channel, since that's the channel who will carry coverage of next year's French Open.

ESPN is a @#!$#@!%$@#!%@, first you dropped Davis Cup, then you dropped WTA Tour Final tournament, and now French Open.

Tuesday results in Madrid at the WTA Sony Ericsson Championship: Petrova beat Mauresmo; Sharapova beat Dementieva; Henin beat Hingis in their first round robin.

Dang ESPN and MSG for dropping this coverage.

YES! Sharapova is now into the Semis with her 2nd win in the round robins defeating Clijsters. Hingis outlasted Petrova; Kutsnetsova beat Dementieva; Henin won, and Mauresmo is now out of the tournament with a 2nd loss.

sharapova could beat the rest except for henin. sharapova could beat henin but it's going to be hard for her. can sharapova be #1 after this?

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    sharapova could beat the rest except for henin. sharapova could beat henin but it's going to be hard for her. can sharapova be #1 after this?
    whoa, the points system is a bit more confusing than the men's here. Apparently, Sharapova still needs to win one more set in order to secure a spot in the Semis. Henin already moved onto the semis regardless if she loses her next match. and apparently Mauresmo is still in the running, but she must win her next match. If Henin wins in the semis, she will in fact be #1.

Anyways, I'd still much prefer to see Sharapova lift the trophy.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 11-10-06 at 08:24 AM.

yep - henin hardenne is #1 in ranking for the end of tis year.

Yippee, Safin helped team Russia to win yet another Davis Cup trophy! He took 4 sets to win infront of his home crowd, and after the final point, his entire team stormed out to lift him up and throwing him up and down!!!

Safin also said he'd definitely retire by age 30. I just hope his body will holdup within these 5 years so he can put up some good results for us fans.

Default Tennis

What happened to the tennis thread?

Well, anyway, Australian Open everybody!

What i'm looking forward to:

- 3rd round clash between Andy Roddick and Marat Safin should they both go through. Pretty high quality pairup for 3rd round

- Federer winning for the 3rd time. He's so awesome, absolutely love him. Pity he lost to Roddick today at Kooyong, but i got the impression that he wasn't really trying

yeah - the tennis thread dissapeared oledi - guess coz its been inactive for so long...

federer lost to roddick in the kooyong open? tat's too bad....
    haha - Happy Australian Open to everyone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    What happened to the tennis thread?
    Don't be sad lah...http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14848

How did this thread just disappear? Well, I'm helping it RE-APPEAR.

I have been quite sad since my dear Lleyton Hewitt's ranking fell waaaay down from 3rd or 4th or something...
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway