Thread: Could Lee Mok Sau actually threaten a Greats-level fighter?

Default Could Lee Mok Sau actually threaten a Greats-level fighter?

Straight up, Lee Mok Sau has no chance whatsoever in a fair fight against any of the Greats of L/ROCH. The martial arts skills and inner power of each of the L/ROCH Greats were far superior to those of Lee Mok Sau. Lee Mok Sau's threat, however, was not so much her martial arts skills (as formidable as those were) as it was her arsenal of poisons. Her Ice Soul Silver Needles could do catastrophic harm (and often did).

The Greats' fighting instincts and reflexes had to be among the very best of their era. They *had* to be, or how else would these individuals have qualified to have been the Greats? That being said, do the Greats really have any defense against Lee Mok Sau's poisonous weaponry? I can see West Poison Au Yeung Fung being immune to the poison, of course, and Gwok Jing had limited poison resistance due to his consumption of Leung Tze Yung's snake's blood. But East Heretic Wong Yerk See, South Emperor 1 Deng, North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung, Lam Chiu Ying, Kau Cheen Yan, Chow Bak Tung, Yeung Gor, and the Golden Wheel Monk had no such immunity or resistance to poisons. If they get stricken by the Ice Soul Silver Needles, they will be affected. As the Golden Wheel Monk proved, Greats-level martial artists had the inner power to purge the Ice Soul Silver Needles' poison if necessary, but in an actual fight, Lee Mok Sau would now allow a Great to sit down and circulate his/her inner power to expel the poison (she would follow up with another attack). Given this, is a fight between Lee Mok Sau and any one of the Greats really as one-sided as it seems? Although Lee Mok Sau would die in an all-out fight against a Great, isn't it conceivable that she could take the Great with her?

It's unlikely she could hit any of them in the first place, as HYS had shown at the first chapter of RoCH.

Unless they were distracted or weakened

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    It's unlikely she could hit any of them in the first place, as HYS had shown at the first chapter of RoCH.
    Not in a straight, fair fight where the Great knows what to expect. We know that Lee Mok Sau is not above underhanded tactics and assassinations. Could she actually sneak up on a Great and catch him unawares?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Could she actually sneak up on a Great and catch him unawares?
    The greats have great internal energy, so when anyone sneak up on them, they should easily know without much delay.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    The greats have great internal energy, so when anyone sneak up on them, they should easily know without much delay.
    That's what I'm wondering: do the Greats, being Greats, have a built-in "danger detector" that will alert them to Lee Mok Sau's presence and intent before she lets fly with her needles? Essentially, that's the one thing that would separate the Greats from other Lee Mok Sau targets.

That's what I'm wondering: do the Greats, being Greats, have a built-in "danger detector" that will alert them to Lee Mok Sau's presence and intent before she lets fly with her needles? Essentially, that's the one thing that would separate the Greats from other Lee Mok Sau targets.
    I think there's this concept that people with high internal energy could zoom/walk around easily without people of lower internal energy knowing. SPT with tremendous internal energy could walk around without people like Ding Busan, Ding Busi knowing at all.
    ..ext88

That's what I'm wondering: do the Greats, being Greats, have a built-in "danger detector" that will alert them to Lee Mok Sau's presence and intent before she lets fly with her needles?
    They all have amazing senses, and they usually have some sort of energy shield that also works as a detector. ZWJ with his 9 Yang shield was warned of the Kunlun couple's ambush (two swords flying towards his back, one Yin one Yang cancelling out the noise, or so it's written). His 9 Yang shield "felt" the cold presence of an attacking qi (from the swords) and he was alerted enough to jump straight up and just manage to avoid getting two new holes through his chest. ZWJ wasn't quite at a Great level yet in that fight (that was after he just learnt QKDNY).

If it's not the energy shield then they could hear or smell (I think I can manage this too ) or see her easily enough.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    They all have amazing senses, and they usually have some sort of energy shield that also works as a detector. ZWJ with his 9 Yang shield was warned of the Kunlun couple's ambush (two swords flying towards his back, one Yin one Yang cancelling out the noise, or so it's written). His 9 Yang shield "felt" the cold presence of an attacking qi (from the swords) and he was alerted enough to jump straight up and just manage to avoid getting two new holes through his chest. ZWJ wasn't quite at a Great level yet in that fight (that was after he just learnt QKDNY).

If it's not the energy shield then they could hear or smell (I think I can manage this too ) or see her easily enough.
    I personally think that ZWJ somehow has an auto-protect; though that has seemingly failed before, against the XM Elders.

Whereas I believe the other Greats had some kind of "sixth sense" that accomplished people of their field would have eg. how Beckham can bend the ball to his teammates so precisely, how Magic Johnson know where to pass the ball to, etc.

Given how HYS was toying with LMC, I doubt she could sneak up on a Great.
    Last edited by hyoyatika; 03-26-16 at 10:51 AM.