View Poll Results: Your Favorite Supporting Veteran Cast Member?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wayne Lai (Piggy in Journey to the West)

20 51.28%
  • Evergreen Mak (Sandy in Journey to the West)

0 0%
  • Cheung Chi Gwong (Zhang Liang in Conqueror's Story)

0 0%
  • Benz Hui Siu Hung (Ah Wing in Dicey Business)

8 20.51%
  • Ha Yu (Steven Ma's father in Brink of Law)

2 5.13%
  • Gwok Fung (Steven Ma's father in Safe Guards)

0 0%
  • Paul Chun (Howard in At the Threshold of an Era)

3 7.69%
  • Law Lan (Benny Chan's Mother in Whatever it Takes)

1 2.56%
  • Liu Kai Chi (Chow Ching in General Who Never Was)

4 10.26%
  • Other

1 2.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TVB Supporting Veteran Cast Member Poll

Default TVB Supporting Veteran Cast Member Poll

I recently read an article regarding an online poll on favorite supporting veteran cast member. I thought it was a very positive thing to show support and appreciation of the people who make huge contributions to series without receiving enough credit. I thought it'd be interesting to start a poll here and see the results of it. If your favorite veteran is not amongst the list, just add to them within the thread.

Wayne Lai (Piggy in Journey to the West)
    Evergreen Mak (Sandy in Journey to the West)
    Cheung Chi Gwong (Zhang Liang in Conqueror's Story)
    Benz Hui Siu Hung (Ah Wing in Dicey Business)
    Ha Yu (Steven Ma's father in Brink of Law)
    Gwok Fung (Steven Ma's father in Safe Guards)
    Paul Chun (Howard in At the Threshold of an Era)
    Law Lan (Benny Chan's Mother in Whatever it Takes)
    Liu Kai Chi (Chow Ching in General Who Never Was)
    Other

Other honorable mentions. Sorry nothing against these celebs, just that the poll was not big enough to include them. Just because they're not in the poll, doesn't mean I think any less of them...just happened that I didn't think of them on the spot. If you want to vote for them and show appreciation, just reply into the thread as well.

Al Wai (Linda's father in Best Bet)
    Chung King Fai (King Sir)
    Law Goon Lan (Wong Hei's mother in Burning Flames)
    Law Lok Lam (Steven Ma's father in Brink of Law)
    Lee Kwok Lun (Sun Gung Pau in Gods of Honor)
    Suet Lei (Steven Ma's mother in Safe Guards)
    Seung Tin Ngor (Kevin Cheng's mother in Yummy Yummy)
    Gong Han (Main Villian in Triumph Over Evil)
    Lau Siu Ming (Patrick Tam's father in Seed of Hope)
    Bak Yan (Fake Sister in Price of Greed)
    Lau Ka Fai (King of Bulls in Journey to the West)
    Chan Hung Liet (Leader of Deception in Price of Greed)
    Chun Wong (Fat Father in To Grow with Love)
    Shek Sau (Brother King in Guaranteed Love)
    Lee Ka Sing (Lui Jun Chi in Gods of Honor)
    Savio Chung (Pluto in LaFemme Desperado)
    Last edited by wang23; 03-21-07 at 04:46 AM.

Lau Siu Ming and Tsang Kong are my 2 favourites.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Tsang Kong's amongst my favorites as well. His portrayal of Wong Yerk See was exceptional. Too bad he only films a series once in a while at ATV these days.

i always loved watching wayne lai. btw does any1 wat that series is called w/ wayne lai and nnadia chan as leading roles? the plot was about making wonton or something
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    i always loved watching wayne lai. btw does any1 wat that series is called w/ wayne lai and nnadia chan as leading roles? the plot was about making wonton or something
    Was Timmy Ho in it? I'm not sure of the English name, but the chinese pinyin is "Shui Gau Wong Hau"

wayne lai is cool, but he isn't exactly that old is he? But for older veterans, I like Kiki Sheung and Benz Hui

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    wayne lai is cool, but he isn't exactly that old is he? But for older veterans, I like Kiki Sheung and Benz Hui
    I don't think he's VERY old, but I do classify him as a veteran since he's been in the industry for quite some time. I first saw him in Heir to the Throne as a cameo which is about 21 years ago. So with 21 years of experience, I think it's safe to classify him as a veteran.

I like Wayne Lai, hes funny. Hes a good actor too... In devil's principles, his ending is so sad
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

wow TVB has so many execellent veteran/supporting who make the serials very watchable, sometimes they even shine over the less experienced main cast

there are so so many of them whose performance i like... let me think

First, my 2 fav veterans are the late Kwan hoi san & Bao Fung (not sure how to spell his name ...acted as Zhang sanfeng in HSDS).... kwan hoi san acted in so many memorable tvb serials in the 80s to 90s, some of my fav performance is as Alex man's father in a old tvb serial (was it called edge of righteousness or somethk) and as Adam Cheng's banker father in CHWB...

Lau Kong is also a veteran who acted in many many tvb serials, thou i feel he's somewhat under-mentioned... this old actor could act so many diff type of characters well, from the honest type to the wily old fox type... i think he's actually on par with the likes of Tsang Kong; he acted opp Tsang Kong in Greed of Man too...

Chun Wong is also one great supporting actor... i think his potrayal of Zhou Botong is the greatest!!

There are so many so many more... think Chun Pui and David Chiang are also fine actors who can capture the essence of their roles very well...
    无名小卒

Quote Originally Posted by CheungKafai
    First, my 2 fav veterans are the late Kwan hoi san & Bao Fung (not sure how to spell his name ...acted as Zhang sanfeng in HSDS).... kwan hoi san acted in so many memorable tvb serials in the 80s to 90s, some of my fav performance is as Alex man's father in a old tvb serial (was it called edge of righteousness or somethk) and as Adam Cheng's banker father in CHWB...

Lau Kong is also a veteran who acted in many many tvb serials, thou i feel he's somewhat under-mentioned... this old actor could act so many diff type of characters well, from the honest type to the wily old fox type... i think he's actually on par with the likes of Tsang Kong; he acted opp Tsang Kong in Greed of Man too...

Chun Wong is also one great supporting actor... i think his potrayal of Zhou Botong is the greatest!!

There are so many so many more... think Chun Pui and David Chiang are also fine actors who can capture the essence of their roles very well...
    I love your picks. Simply adore Bao Fong's version of Cheung 3 Feng and Chun Wong as Chow Bot Tong.

Paul Chun and Lau Kong are good actors too.

I like Law Goon Lam when she played Wong Hei's mother in Burning Flames I. Ha Ping is adorable too and I think the old granny at Kindred Spirit is good at playing grouchy old lady (think her name is Lai Suen) Like her performance in Greed of Man as Adam Cheng's mother. There're also Benz Hui, Ha Yu, Ai Wai (did I get his name right?), Lau Dan and Wong Wei whom I haven't seen for quite some time.

And of course, Wayne Lai and Evergreen for the younger generation. Others include Rain Lau, Louisa Soh (who gets to play the lead sometimes) and Fiona Yuen.
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 03-21-07 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather
    I love your picks. Simply adore Bao Fong's version of Cheung 3 Feng and Chun Wong as Chow Bot Tong.

Paul Chun and Lau Kong are good actors too.

I like Law Goon Lam when she played Wong Hei's mother in Burning Flames I. Ha Ping is adorable too and I think the old granny at Kindred Spirit is good at playing grouchy old lady (think her name is Lai Suen) Like her performance in Greed of Man as Adam Cheng's mother. There're also Benz Hui, Ha Yu, Ai Wai (did I get his name right?), Lau Dan and Wong Wei whom I haven't seen for quite some time.

And of course, Wayne Lai and Evergreen for the younger generation. Others include Rain Lau, Louisa Soh (who gets to play the lead sometimes) and Fiona Yuen.
    I agree with all your choices. I was extremely sad when Bao Fong passed away, but still admire the roles he's played. In wuxia, you typically find him playing all these "Sai Ngoi Go Yun" or highly enlightened type of characters who are mysterious and powerful. He played Cheung 3 Fung in HSDS, Gik Lok Lo Yun in Final Combat, Medicine King in Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain 98, Fung Ching Yeung in State of Divinity, Hung Tung On in Duke of Mount Deer 98?, etc.

Must point out that according to Gallen Lo and Dodo Cheng, Wong Wei and Lee Kwok Lun are the only people who they've seen not bring their scripts to filming because they've already memorized all their own and others' lines. That's professionalism.

No one remember Derek Kwok Jing Hung?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    yea he is good too, how bout michael tong
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    yea he is good too, how bout michael tong
    Hehe...mental lapse with Derek Kwok. I was more focusing on paying tribute to the stars that get less spotlight like Lau Dan. But I guess if I'm to include Wayne, I'd ought to include Derek who draws much respect from me as well. I'm glad he's been making a name for himself as of late though. He's a talented action artist and that's extremely rare these days. Hopefully he'll have a child soon with his wife who's also Miss Canton.

I wouldn't consider Michael Tong just of yet. Not that I'm not a fan of him, but he's relatively young compared to a lot of the stars on the list and has yet to pay the dues like the others on the list.

can we just choose the worst? i think Suet li. she's damn annoying when she speaks

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    I agree with all your choices. I was extremely sad when Bao Fong passed away, but still admire the roles he's played. In wuxia, you typically find him playing all these "Sai Ngoi Go Yun" or highly enlightened type of characters who are mysterious and powerful. He played Cheung 3 Fung in HSDS, Gik Lok Lo Yun in Final Combat, Medicine King in Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain 98, Fung Ching Yeung in State of Divinity, Hung Tung On in Duke of Mount Deer 98?, etc.

Must point out that according to Gallen Lo and Dodo Cheng, Wong Wei and Lee Kwok Lun are the only people who they've seen not bring their scripts to filming because they've already memorized all their own and others' lines. That's professionalism.
    Yes, it was really depressing. He was always be remembered for his flawless performance as those heroes.

Wow, I was thought only Dodo managed to do that. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Oh yes, how can we forget him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    My all-time 2 favourites

Lau Siu Ming looks almost like he was my grandpa's lost brother.

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    Tsang Kong's amongst my favorites as well. His portrayal of Wong Yerk See was exceptional. Too bad he only films a series once in a while at ATV these days.
    I believe he recently filmed a TVB series which also starred Jessica Hsuan called "Parental Guidance".

i voted for benz but wayne is good too...but thing is, i didn't watch journey to the west so can't comment on him there
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Do any of you guys remember Nam Tin from the 80s? I thought he was very good, but he passed away in the late 80s i think. He was pretty good in HSDS86
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.