Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Which wuxia characters do you envision your fellow forum posters resembling?

If Candide wants to cross dress, so be it

Whats an HBA??

Han
    What made you say we Kiwis are wandering and lonely?

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Back to topic.
    This is how I see you guys.

Han Solo - Han Solo

Any JY or GL characters that i might resemble?

Quote Originally Posted by yittz

Whats an HBA??

Han
    What made you say we Kiwis are wandering and lonely?

I spent 9 days in the South island last year, and most of it is so remote and the ppl are so far and few in between. I imagine the ppl there e.g. those in the remote valleys where there's 3 houses together must be lonely, tough, and have to wander about to find ppl.

I like Kiwis, having them to pronounce "I want to have six with you" is fascinating.

Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Can't think of many. The closest match I can think of is Wuyazi.

I'm a woman. A woman is allowed to wear both dress and pants. Cross dressing is for dirty old balding men.

Whats an HBA??
    There's a series of ads on Aussie TV for HBA, a health insurance company (www.hba.com.au). One of which features an Aussie bloke with his mates in a rugby match (Wallabies v.s All Blacks). The Wallabies were winning. This skinny Aussie bloke stood up and did a mock dance to stir up the Kiwis. He then turned around and saw a dozen angry Kiwis sitting behind him. The ad then switched to the screen "Are you with HBA?" then back to the Aussie who paused for a few seconds, looked nervous, then continued his little dance. His two mates sitting near him looked like they just shat their pants.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Having met you a few times, I think you're more like one of the QZ masters, probably Ma Yue, a softly spoken and reserved person, but knows what he's talking about when he speaks.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I'm guessing GX for you- wandering lonely, intelligent girl.
    Just an impression that i got of Kiwis.

Han Solo
    Guo Xiang's good. I can live with that.

But Kiwis being lonely? Not everyone is from the South Island and not all of SI is isolated (but I'm sure you knew that). It is a sparsely populated country though. Makes a nice peaceful change from busy, congested KL.

I'm curious, what's fascinating about "I want to have six of you". I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I still consider myself a Malaysian rather than Kiwi.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    There's a series of ads on Aussie TV for HBA, a health insurance company (www.hba.com.au). One of which features an Aussie bloke with his mates in a rugby match (Wallabies v.s All Blacks). The Wallabies were winning. This skinny Aussie bloke stood up and did a mock dance to stir up the Kiwis. He then turned around and saw a dozen angry Kiwis sitting behind him. The ad then switched to the screen "Are you with HBA?" then back to the Aussie who paused for a few seconds, looked nervous, then continued his little dance. His two mates sitting near him looked like they just shat their pants.
    Now that's an ad worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    I'm curious, what's fascinating about "I want to have six of you". I can't for the life of me figure it out.
    Think Kiwi accent.

Think Kiwi accent.
    I did at first..........and came up blank.

Then thanks to your prompting I thought again. The stress on the the 'i'......
    Ah Candide, you just bring up the 'best' in everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Kidd - Zhao Min
    May I know why?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Got around to playing with that generator. I really should find out my blood type. Anyways, I got Hu Fei. At least I like the name XD

Having met you a few times, I think you're more like one of the QZ masters, probably Ma Yue, a softly spoken and reserved person, but knows what he's talking about when he speaks.
    Thanks. The only QZ elder that is not rash, stupid, vain or guilt-ridden.

Ohh, I don't know, he did get poisoned in LOCH by shaking one of WYHL's mercinary. But by far he is my favourite QZ.

The first thing my aussie classmates wanted me to do was pronouce 66. I don't get it, NZers might pronounce 6 like 'sucks', but the real crack up is aussies pronoucing 6 like 'sex'.

Thanks. The only QZ elder that is not rash, stupid, vain or guilt-ridden.
    And didn't he 'kick-start' Guo Jing's martial arts progress?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    May I know why?
    From the way you converse in this forum. Zhao Min is the closest I can think of.

Ohh, I don't know, he did get poisoned in LOCH by shaking one of WYHL's mercinary. But by far he is my favourite QZ.

The first thing my aussie classmates wanted me to do was pronouce 66. I don't get it, NZers might pronounce 6 like 'sucks', but the real crack up is aussies pronoucing 6 like 'sex'.
    No, it is the kiwis who pronounce it like sex.

There was this cute petite kiwi nurse that i worked with last year who have this accent.

Yep, I'll start. Hi all, my name's Loretta. I'm a woman.

If that doesn't work, then we can all call each other Bruce to keep it clear. Genders don't matter. We have equality now, remember? G'day Bruces!
    I made a singlet once that had a picture of Bruce Lee on it and the phrase "They call me Bruce"
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

No, it is the kiwis who pronounce it like sex.

There was this cute petite kiwi nurse that i worked with last year who have this accent.
    You at Uni of Melb right? Which year again? What sort of patients should students avoid taking a history from?

Back on topic, Han Solo reminds me of Xiang Wen Tian. Icy reminds me of the Heng Shan ancestors who invented that sword technique where they calculate every move. Kidd also reminds me of ZhaoMin cause shes not afraid to speak out her opinions.

You at Uni of Melb right? Which year again?
    Nah he graduated over a year ago, now he's working in a big hospital near MelbUni perving cute Kiwi nurses.

I made a singlet once that had a picture of Bruce Lee on it and the phrase "They call me Bruce"
    That's pretty neat although this Bruce thing is an Aussie thing and has nothing to do with Bruce Lee the Great.

You at Uni of Melb right? Which year again? What sort of patients should students avoid taking a history from?

Back on topic, Han Solo reminds me of Xiang Wen Tian. Icy reminds me of the Heng Shan ancestors who invented that sword technique where they calculate every move. Kidd also reminds me of ZhaoMin cause shes not afraid to speak out her opinions.
    Which sort of patient?

This is highly prejudiced opinion from my experience as a medical student. Avoid old, deaf, psych, non-english speaking, demented patients.

Optimise your time to see one or two typical patients. As to those that cannot give a good history, just do physical examinations.

Han Solo
    P/s: are you studying medicine?