Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mythical Crane Magic Needle '92

Ah yes, I like her, I think she was very good playing the crazy wife who murder the girl her husband had a crush on, I can't remember what series that is at the moment. It's tvb thou. Did Claire yiu start off with ATV? I just notice Max Mok is also here, he is so young. I didn't know he started with atv. He seems to get small roles and always play a villain with tvb.

BTW I just noticed wong yim na in here as you have mention in another thread.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/yellowsoysauce/dea9b7aa-eb09-41a1-baf2-5b5fdd50f729_zpswx0prdpo.png')
    Almost didn't recognize her.

Your right that Thomas is more suited for good guy roles. I guess Cho Hung is a difficult character to play. He did a good job being scheming and sneaking around but still cannot stand it when he talks ^_^

Where was Max?

Anyway, I was surprised to see a very young Mark Kwok Yiu Ming in here as the general Chik Gai Kwong. He was always handsome with acting skills yet he got buried by TVB in evil roles. TVB!

I am amazed at how versatile Eric is. I watched this initially with "Fist of Fury" and Eric can play the two extreme characters easilt without flaw.

opps, I meant Mark, got the name confuse. He was very young there. The first time I saw him in a tvb series, it was already an evil role. I think the Hitman Chronicles. Not sure if he got any good roles with tvb.

Eric makes the series funny. So far I'm starting to like yung hung's character. In the beginning she was kind of annoying but now she is maturing.

I kind of like the ninja assassin girl too =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    opps, I meant Mark, got the name confuse. He was very young there. The first time I saw him in a tvb series, it was already an evil role. I think the Hitman Chronicles. Not sure if he got any good roles with tvb.

Eric makes the series funny. So far I'm starting to like yung hung's character. In the beginning she was kind of annoying but now she is maturing.
    Mark did not get good roles in TVB. There was a brief period where he suddenly become 2nd lead in some series with Charmaine and then plummeted back into minor villain roles or cheating ex-BF roles. It was widely circulated that he was cohabiting with a guy at the time and I guess that was why he was ditched by TVB.

I actually disliked Fei Fung for most of the series until half way through. She was spoilt and annoying in the beginning, even when she sacrificed for Kwan Mo. She was kind of stupid to believe Tso Hung so many times. IT was until she realised that she was wrong and admitted it that I liked her.

I actually quite liked Kingdom Yuen's bearded lady Role (? Gar Wai Lam?). She was kind of pushy in the beginning and then I pitied her. Both me were not worth it. Glad she left in the end.

The ninja girl, I think, is Yeung Ching Ching. She knows martial arts for real.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Mark's biggest role I've seen is in treasure raider where he started off good but I guess he is consider one of the villains in that series? Was he second or third lead? It seem like a reunion since Maggie, Felix, and Hugo was in it =)

Is mark still acting now? But yeh I was quite surprise to see him in this series so young, didn't know he started in atv.

I have to agree with some of the other people that I do find Strawberry Yeungs character kind of annoying.

Did those two guys like Kingdom or did they both just mind that she was half man/woman? I felt bad for her character as she is always searching for them to fulfill her dad's wish of marrying one of them and taking over the clan.

So far it looks like the ninja girl has a small small role but still like her =) Not sure if she's a good guy or bad guy in the series thou.

btw the actress who plays siu dip kind of reminds me of tse ling.

Mark's biggest role I've seen is in treasure raider where he started off good but I guess he is consider one of the villains in that series? Was he second or third lead? It seem like a reunion since Maggie, Felix, and Hugo was in it =)

Is mark still acting now? But yeh I was quite surprise to see him in this series so young, didn't know he started in atv.

I have to agree with some of the other people that I do find Strawberry Yeungs character kind of annoying.

Did those two guys like Kingdom or did they both just mind that she was half man/woman? I felt bad for her character as she is always searching for them to fulfill her dad's wish of marrying one of them and taking over the clan.
    Mark is sells insurance now. What with with all the retired artistes rushing off into the insurance industry? Jan Lau, Kwong Wah are both doing it as well. So is Felix's Wong's wife!

I think in the early eps, Kingdom explains that she grew up with both martial brother and they had a great relationship. But they both were afraid of her looks after she practised the powerful Yang martial arts. I don't think they love each other romantically but they have an affections for each other as they grew up together (don't get how as Kingdom is so young compared to them). Kingdom doesn't love them but she is lonely and wants to follow her dad's wished.

However, the men let their eyes cloud how much Kingdom was willing to repeatedly sacrifice for them and kept on using her over and over again despicably. I am disgusted with both of them. I like Kingdom's ending.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Anyway, I was surprised to see a very young Mark Kwok Yiu Ming in here as the general Chik Gai Kwong. He was always handsome with acting skills yet he got buried by TVB in evil roles. TVB!
    I was surprised to see Mark in here too. I thought he was with TVB from the start and never move anywhere else except filming 1 or 2 China series.

Yes, he did, although they are very few. I particularly took notice because there are so few of them.

Here are the series where he's a good guy:
    Time Off (he's second lead)
    Better Halves
    The Dance of Passion (at least not a jerk here and very good to his wife, although he's a bandit)
    In The Realm Of Fancy
    Under The Canopy Of Love
    Last edited by kidd; 06-30-15 at 10:03 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I was surprised to see Mark in here too. I thought he was with TVB from the start and never move anywhere else except filming 1 or 2 China series.
    I saw him as an extra in "The Silver Tycoon" in ep 1 as a guy Margie mistook as Felix.

Yes, he did, although they are very few. I particularly took notice because there are so few of them.

Here are the series where he's a good guy:
    Time Off (he's second lead)
    Better Halves
    The Dance of Passion (at least not a jerk here and very good to his wife, although he's a bandit)
    In The Realm Of Fancy
    Under The Canopy Of Love
    I loved him as the Bandit Leader in DOP. It was strange to see him a rough role since he is so gentlemanly but he pulled it off. I preferred Florence to end up with him than Bowie.

Mark also played Joyce's ex in "The Prince's Shadow", who was her teacher before she was forced to marry Marco, the Prince and later Emperor. I cried bucket loads over their story. Their relationship died before it could begin but yet their love was enough to sacrifice themselves for the other.
    Cyril Connolly

Mark also played Joyce's ex in "The Prince's Shadow", who was her teacher before she was forced to marry Marco, the Prince and later Emperor. I cried bucket loads over their story. Their relationship died before it could begin but yet their love was enough to sacrifice themselves for the other.
    Oh, I didn't watch "The Prince's Shadow", so, I don't know about this story.

Anyway, my favourite girl in Mythical Crane is Bak Wan Fei, and remain for years to come after watching this series. I rewatch the series recently. BWF not as awesome as I remembered her to be, but, she's still my favourite in the series.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-01-15 at 08:48 AM.

Oh, I didn't watch "The Prince's Shadow", so, I don't know about this story.

Anyway, my favourite girl in Mythical Crane is Bak Wan Fei, and remain for years to come after watching this series. I rewatch the series recently. BWF not as awesome as I remembered her to be, but, she's still my favourite in the series.
    Me too. I admire Bak Wan Fei's wisdom and maturity and consideration for others. It is her misfortune to be born to the such an evil mother and her luck to be raised by a caring guy Lam Hoi Ping. I hate Lee Ching Luen all the way through. She's annoying and stupid and rash. So Fei Fung is a spoilt brat but she improves later on, despite being stupid. Lam Siu Dip also annoys me with her pride and arrogance. I know this is not her fault that her mother raised her this way and passed on her own bitterness to her daughter. But I don't like her.
    Cyril Connolly

ahh I will look up dance of passion later. I do not remember mark in better halves. I also have not seen Prince's Shadow. Do you recommend?

Out of all the girls, I do like Bak wan fei the most as well. I think Anthony's character should have ended up with fei fung because she did so much and sacrifice so much for him. Other than growing up with kwan mo, I do not know what ching leun has done for him. She is annoying and not reasonable causing so much trouble for people.

I found it interesting that the leader of the evil sect had no idea he was being poison even though he notice that the amount of medication the princess was giving him had increased. But I guess he died before we can see if the poise has taken effect on his body.

As for Cho hung, sad he was just using the princess. I think she really loved him.

Ma Kwun Mo does not deserves Bak Wan Fei. He is a nice guy but I have always thought that she was too good for him.

I don't like or dislike Ma Kwun Mo, but he really deserves credit for staying true to one woman, and one woman only, regardless whether she was worth it or not. Ching Luen is annoying and stupid, but their love runs deep to their childhood. Fei Fung sort of forced her sacrifice on him and if he was conscious, I feel that he would rather die. He is touched by Fei Fung but Fei Fung deserves better than a marriage out of gratitude. I guess love has no reason.

Again I thought Chan Jing Wan was great as Princess Wan Law. She switched seamlessly between vicious and gentle, as well love and hate. She is a truly scary woman to meet, but her ambition and courage is to be admired. She will stop at nothing and sacrifice everything to get what she wants. She has both beauty and brains, as well as the extreme pride that has led to die with her enemy. I think she likes Cho Hung, but love? I don't see their relationship as any romantic, but more of mutual use. She likes to be around him but I don't think she kill sacrifice herself for Cho Hung.

Lam Tin Duk was a classic villain. He had everything to make him succeed as one - power, brains, and ruthlessness. I thought he was a perfect match with Princess Wan Law despite the fact they don't love each other. They share similar values and both know what they want. When these two team up, they really could take over the world. Lan Tin Duk's poison was only activated once he utilised the maximum force and I thought that was why he went crazy at the end after using his full force and then he blew up. I have always loved Yeung Chak Lam since I first saw him in LOCH when I was a kid, and always will. To me, he is the perfect actor for a villain.
    Cyril Connolly

ahh I will look up dance of passion later. I do not remember mark in better halves. I also have not seen Prince's Shadow. Do you recommend?
    Oh! DOP is great! But it depends on your taste. I thought the plot and acting and scenery were stunning and unique, but most people who saw it hated it and found it ugly to watch because the YinChuan is very yellow, dusty and rural. The characters and themes are very unique and very tragic. I don't TVB could ever make another series like it.

I found Bowie very charismatic and Mark's rugged bandit look very sexy! And Kenny Wong has a nice chest!

"Prince's Shadow" is a silly series but it has a solid cast. It is a fun series to watch but nothing really memorable. However, the Empress and her teacher's story really stuck out to me. It was so simple, so pure yet so tragically selfless. I think it showed love in a realistic light. True love does not need to be tumultuous or passionate. It can still be strong yet subtle, but still exist even if the flower never blooms.
    Cyril Connolly

Sometimes I do not know why all the girls were in love with Ma kwan mo. But your right, have to give him credit for staying true to one girl. Do you think Cho hung would be less evil if ching leun return his love?

Your right, bak wan fei is too good for ma kwan mo. Fei fung did tell kwan mo she did not want him to marry her out of gratitude. So I guess the ending makes sense.

Ahh sounds interesting, will watch DOP next.

Me too. I admire Bak Wan Fei's wisdom and maturity and consideration for others. It is her misfortune to be born to the such an evil mother and her luck to be raised by a caring guy Lam Hoi Ping.
    If she did not have such an evil mother, she wouldn't have become Bak Wan Fei. She would be just one of the the princesses living in the palace with nothing to do. She wouldn't learn great martial art and travel the world and has so many memorable and character building experiences. So, this life fate gives her works out well for her.

Do you think Cho hung would be less evil if ching leun return his love?
    No. He was scheming from the start. Even if Ching Luen return his love, he will turn evil if something else to his benefit comes up to entice him.

No. He was scheming from the start. Even if Ching Luen return his love, he will turn evil if something else to his benefit comes up to entice him.
    I never thought Cho Hung loved Ching Luen. She was comparatively the best girl that he knew and she treated him with respect and sincerity. I think he liked her and lusted after her, but definitely not love. He was too ambitious and selfish a man to be changed by anything.
    Cyril Connolly

Ma Kwun Mo does not deserves Bak Wan Fei. He is a nice guy but I have always thought that she was too good for him.
    In terms of deserving Ma Kwan Mo >>>>>>>>> Fong Siu Nam.

Ma Kwan Mo at least is an honorable guy, who is nice to everyone and didn't make empty promises that he couldn't keep. Fong Siu Nam is prejudice, narrow-minded and and didn't keep his promise.

Ma Kwan Mo slept with So Fei Fung while he was poisoned, barely conscious and don't know what he was doing. Fong Siu Nam made love to Mui Gong Suet while fully conscious, awake and aware, when he knows the one he loves is Chan Yuen Seung .

Now, that's one unworthy man. I really don't know what Gong Suet saw in him.

Note: Fong Siu Nam is main guy in 'The Snow is Red'.