Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ATV's Justice Pao series

To the viet people who wants to watch the old Justice Bao (1993 with Kenny Ho) here's a link with almost all of the episodes:

http://luongsonbac.com/phim/showthread.php?t=134304685

And for Chinese...I guess you can still read the subtitles.

Can anybody who have the DVD Set tell me which case was Vincent in where he got slapped by the girl (Not the one where Ray was in jail)? Also what case were Annie and Joey in? For some reason my dvd set seemed to be missing these.

Quote Originally Posted by drymonkey View Post
    Can anybody who have the DVD Set tell me which case was Vincent in where he got slapped by the girl (Not the one where Ray was in jail)? Also what case were Annie and Joey in? For some reason my dvd set seemed to be missing these.
    Mine are too. I guessing they have different versions like one for overseas and one in HK and maybe china.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Can anybody who have the DVD Set tell me which case was Vincent in where he got slapped by the girl (Not the one where Ray was in jail)?
    I think this one is 秋之武

Quote Originally Posted by drymonkey
    Also what case were Annie and Joey in? For some reason my dvd set seemed to be missing these.
    Annie's case is 公正廉明.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoju! View Post
    I think this one is 秋之武

Annie's case is 公正廉明.
    Hoju,

Do you happen to have the segment the case was in? I got the viet dubbed retail version but for some reason I can't find it anywhere. All I can conclude for these two cases are they are either right after Steve Ma's Case or right after Vincent's other case. Every other cases match its description.

Hoju,

Do you happen to have the segment the case was in? I got the viet dubbed retail version but for some reason I can't find it anywhere. All I can conclude for these two cases are they are either right after Steve Ma's Case or right after Vincent's other case. Every other cases match its description.
    Are you asking where in the sequence of cases these ones fall into? It's been a while since I've looked at my tapes, so I'm not certain if this is correct, but I did try and search for it for you.

秋之武 (Vincent's case) falls shortly after Steve Ma's. I think it follows right after Lawrence Yan Chi Keung's case where he was the salt bandit.

公正廉明 (Annie's case) I THINK follows this one. However, I'm even less certain about this. http://v.ku6.com/show/IFv50-V2XAXvD6vs.html

Hopefully someone can confirm or correct me.

Wow...look like I am missing more than just two cases. I only remember one case with Lawrence in it...the one where he was both the literature and martial art representative (sorry I don't know the english term for it) for the king. I don't remember the second case he was in...?

Can anybody with the retail dvd set in Viet tell me how many dvd total does this series have? I saw anywhere from 36 to 46 dvd.

May I ask if anyone knows the vietnamese title for Vincent´s case where Ray had to disguise himself as a servant??

Actually I was never interested in watching Justice Pao (though my parents used to watch every Taiwan case) but right after I´ve seen Ray Lui and Erica Choi in one of the ATV cases I started to... like analyze them and now I´m fond of ATV´s Justicec Pao.
    Almost each case is so interesting but ´bright´ at the same time.
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

Did anyone recognize that it was Gilbert Lam who played Michael Miu´s father-in-law in the Michael case??
    Funny somehow...
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

Quote Originally Posted by akayami djiho View Post
    Did anyone recognize that it was Gilbert Lam who played Michael Miu´s father-in-law in the Michael case??
    Funny somehow...
    Really? No. But I'll double check once when I got time.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hi everyone!

I realize this thread has been inactive for almost 3 years now but I also love this series and wanted to contribute some answers to some questions I saw that were unanswered. Even though it's been many years since they were asked and I don't know if fellow members even visit here anymore, I thought I'd give it a go. I apologize in advance to anyone looking for Vietnamese titles as I only know the Chinese ones.

In regards to the member looking for 2 cases, the first one described that starred Fung BoBo was 告親夫. And the second one which featured a scheduled execution of Justice Pao and the 4 guards was 霧鎖開封.

As for the member looking for The Great General in original Cantonese, I had been long searching for it as well. Finally about a year ago I found it on Tudou. Just search 碧血青天珍珠旗 粵語 either on Tudou or on Google. I believe Yesasia is also selling the DVDs.

The 2 cases that Gilbert Lam was in were: 1) 再世情仇 (the one where he played a ghost) and 2) 三審狀元 (the one where he played a scholar and was framed or betrayed)

The case that Joey Meng was in was also 霧鎖開封.

The 2 cases with Lawrence Yan Chi-Keung were: 1) 殺母狀元 (where he played a scholar but killed his mother to try and conceal his identity) and 2) 義膽柔情 (where he was part of a salt bandit, as someone mentioned, and also one of Zhan Zhao's childhood and best friends). I actually really like this case!

There are still a few cases I haven't seen and am hoping to see one day. I've seen footage from the Michael Miu case but not the whole thing. Gilbert was in that?? I thought he was only in the 2 cases I mentioned. I thought his character's father-in-law was an old general? :P

Very late post, but just wanted to mention I also really like this series. A lot of the stories were really good. Felt really bad for the girl who looses her voice at the end in Austin Wai's case. I think she really liked him. Both of Lawrence cases were really sad too. =( In the case where he was the salt bandit leader, I thought it was sad that he thought wong yim na's character was dead and killed himself. I think the case with Ruby Lin was also good and one of the cases with a happier ending. I also really enjoy Erica and Steve's case. Really like Yu li in this series too =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Very late post, but just wanted to mention I also really like this series. A lot of the stories were really good. Felt really bad for the girl who looses her voice at the end in Austin Wai's case. I think she really liked him. Both of Lawrence cases were really sad too. =( In the case where he was the salt bandit leader, I thought it was sad that he thought wong yim na's character was dead and killed himself. I think the case with Ruby Lin was also good and one of the cases with a happier ending. I also really enjoy Erica and Steve's case. Really like Yu li in this series too =)
    I quite liked Austin Wai's character in that case, seemed so free spirited and fun haha. But yeah I think that girl did like him a lot. It was nice to see Austin Wai and Wong Mei's characters together at the end though, they were very compatible from the start.

I really like the case with Wong Yim-Na and Lawrence, I think it's one of my favourite cases. not only their story but I found the sub plots to be quite sad and memorable as well - how Lawrence just wanted a simple life with his wife (and their child who died before birth) but lost everything just because he was trying to be a good citizen/neighbour; how the elders in Yim-Na's village all sacrificed themselves for the younger generations... But I think the story between Lawrence and 展昭 was what really interested me in the case in the first place. It was very sad and unfortunate that after that visit to see Lawrence and his wife that 展昭 and Lawrence couldn't be "brothers" anymore after that because of what had happened to Lawrence's life.

Does anyone know/remember if there were (at least) 2 more cases that may have been aired or available prior to the DVDS set? I remember when I was little I saw the a VHS box set with one of the covers.

On the cover wrote: 「義膽柔情」「蝶影遺恨」「秋之武」「亡命之歌」「案中案」.

The first three are cases that were also released on DVD but the latter two I don't think I had ever seen before. I would assume they are cases as well but I don't know if they were ever released. Haven't found any information on them. I wonder if ATV just didn't release them for whatever reason. Has anybody seen those two cases?

Recently started rewatching this series again =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Recently started rewatching this series again =)
    Very good series but I like Justice Pao with Felix Wong better. The cases are much harder to solve and much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Very good series but I like Justice Pao with Felix Wong better. The cases are much harder to solve and much more interesting.
    I couldn't stand the Felix Wong version because of the core cast, I did like most of the cases because they were familiar faces and the cases were interesting. I had a problem with Di Long as Judge Pao and how everyone in the court could just talk without being given permission too. If this was the Taiwan or ATV Judge Pao he would have reprimanded them for speaking without permission.

Case wise, I think the Taiwan was still the best, it had some very good cases and most are well acted. 2nd would be TVB, the cases are good and short. ATV's cases were long, some of them didn't have to be that long and they added in unnecessary characters.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I couldn't stand the Felix Wong version because of the core cast, I did like most of the cases because they were familiar faces and the cases were interesting. I had a problem with Di Long as Judge Pao and how everyone in the court could just talk without being given permission too. If this was the Taiwan or ATV Judge Pao he would have reprimanded them for speaking without permission.

Case wise, I think the Taiwan was still the best, it had some very good cases and most are well acted. 2nd would be TVB, the cases are good and short. ATV's cases were long, some of them didn't have to be that long and they added in unnecessary characters.
    For me Felix Wong version is the best, then Ray Liu Version, then Kenny Ho version.

I like all of them in their own way and thought it was interesting. But a lot of the stories were so sad, they all made me cry... Its good to rewatch them, you see people who are no longer in the industry and it also brings back childhood memories.

I just recently started rewatching this series and just realize Annie Man was in one of the cases.