Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the limit of internal energy? Can it freeze? Burn? Anything else?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Default What's the limit of internal energy? Can it freeze? Burn? Anything else?

In wuxia TV series there are usually moves that can do things with inner power like freezing or starting a fire. Is it possible to use internal energy to start fires or is it just pure TV fantasy? Is it possible to freeze water or liquid with inner power?

I think a couple of characters could freeze water with their internal energy. One off the top of my head that I can think of is Mr. Black White from Xiao Ao Jiang Hu. He froze water to ice so that Linghu Chong could drink iced wine in the summer time.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

All of the above.

Jiu Mozhi's 'Huo Yan Dao' was able to set fire to wood with his chops, if I recall correctly.

Like bliss mentioned, Hei Baizi (Mr. Black White) from XAJH was able to turn water to ice.

Wei Yixiao, Xuanming Elders, and Zuo Lengchan had extremely cold palm attacks.

Lastly, Chen Jinnan, from Lu Ding Ji (Duke of Mount Deer) was able to freeze a man's blood with his internal energy.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    All of the above.

Jiu Mozhi's 'Huo Yan Dao' was able to set fire to wood with his chops, if I recall correctly.

Like bliss mentioned, Hei Baizi (Mr. Black White) from XAJH was able to turn water to ice.

Wei Yixiao, Xuanming Elders, and Zuo Lengchan had extremely cold palm attacks.

Lastly, Chen Jinnan, from Lu Ding Ji (Duke of Mount Deer) was able to freeze a man's blood with his internal energy.
    So does that mean someone could set fire to things just by palming it or touching it?

I don't think it was Huo Yan Dao which set fire to things with chops. Rather, it was one of the 72 Consummate Arts of Shaolin, where a master could chop at wood with his hands and set it on fire, without leaving a scratch from his hands on the wood.

It makes you great in bed too, if you read Huang Yi's books.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

TommyH
    Unregistered

So any internal energy can freeze things and burn things or just specific moves and martial arts?

JMZ was able to set the wick (from the other end of the candle) alight using his internal energy - but that was because the wick was covered in sulphur - even DZM can do that.

The freezing appears to be specific, why else only Mr B-W can do it while his brothers can't?

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    JMZ was able to set the wick (from the other end of the candle) alight using his internal energy - but that was because the wick was covered in sulphur - even DZM can do that.

The freezing appears to be specific, why else only Mr B-W can do it while his brothers can't?
    Based on what you said I'm getting somewhat confused about what internal energy could do.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    Based on what you said I'm getting somewhat confused about what internal energy could do.
    I think whether you can freeze or burn all depends on the type of internal energy. Typcially, Yang meng should have produce heat because Yin Rou (soft) typically has cold. Look at XAJH's Left Cold Chan ( Zhou Lun Chan), his internal could produce cold that was COLDER than the SNOW. It was described as Yin Han.

Whether there is a limit in internal, I personally don't think there is. The highest level of Daoist internal (anything from QZ and above) are said to have unlimited growth and no boundary in progress.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Can someone tell me if this is true (I base this on the TOB adaption)?

Yang - heat/warmth/fire/morning
    Yin - coldness/freezing/ice/night

So if someone's internal energy is based on Yang then his/her palm blasts and other attacks would be considered "hot"? So is it possible to burn something with it? How about Yin and the freezing part?

TommyH
    Unregistered

i found an article on yin and yang...is internal energy and the ability to freeze/burn based on it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

Apparently, Yiyang Finger's internal energy can set paper on fire.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Apparently, Yiyang Finger's internal energy can set paper on fire.
    Now I see something...YYZ is Yang based right (it has yang in its name)? So that makes some sense that Yang means heat/fire while Yin means coolness/ice.

EDIT: i was surfing the wuxia forum when i came up with this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    The only two leaders who can give a Great a worthy fight is Yue BuQun with his PXJF and ZLC with his Ice Palms. These two guys might be able to hold a Great for for a while before getting their butts kicked.
    can the Ice Palm Temujin freeze things?
    Last edited by TommyH; 04-22-06 at 08:52 PM.

Now I see something...YYZ is Yang based right (it has yang in its name)? So that makes some sense that Yang means heat/fire while Yin means coolness/ice.

EDIT: i was surfing the wuxia forum when i came up with this post:

can the [i]Ice Palm[/b] Temujin freeze things?
    Ice Palm can freeze things. It was said by JY to be WAY colder than snow. Think about it. Ice Palm is also a internal type. It contains Han Bin (Freezing Ice) Real Chi which is what does the freezing.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Ice Palm can freeze things. It was said by JY to be WAY colder than snow. Think about it. Ice Palm is also a internal type. It contains Han Bin (Freezing Ice) Real Chi which is what does the freezing.
    ohh i see...then it must be a yin-based attack what about the attacks that have equal amounts of yin and yang (or are there none?)? no hot or freezing feeling when you get hit by them?

ohh i see...then it must be a yin-based attack what about the attacks that have equal amounts of yin and yang (or are there none?)? no hot or freezing feeling when you get hit by them?
    Yes, I know for sure that. It was describes as Han Yin. Um...., I not sure about that when there's a balance. Unless there's perfect balance, I guess there still is a heat/cold. Like ZWJ's 9 Yang. His internal was one of the highest level of Daoist which talks about Yin/Yang balance. Even though 9 Yang had a decent balance, but it still had a little bit more of Yang. The energy of 9 Yang was described as heat. Like when ZWJ broke out of the QK bag, Yang Xiao and the others can feel a huge sudden strong surge of Heat waves coming toward them.

I've read books where the "icy" internal energy can freeze water into icicles, which are then used as hidden projectiles.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

Quote Originally Posted by Siven
    I've read books where the "icy" internal energy can freeze water into icicles, which are then used as hidden projectiles.
    THat's TSTL's Life and Death Testament, using any liquid to form ice which is then sent to the various accupoints --> agony.

JMZ was able to set the wick (from the other end of the candle) alight using his internal energy
    Jiumozhi's palm energy was also described to be icy cold. He is a truly powerful jack of all trades (which adversely impacted him in the end); for example the monks' Yiyang Finger, which can also set things on fire, would never feel icy cold.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」