Thread: BRUCE LEE [ Chan Kwok-kwan ]

Default BRUCE LEE [ Chan Kwok-kwan ]

[ http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061202/...tv/people_chan ]

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061202/capt.f191a5290065494898a10e7549b6905d.hong_kong_br uce_lee_movie_tok106.jpg')

HONG KONG - Looking like Bruce Lee has paid off for Hong Kong actor Chan Kwok-kwan. The actor played a Lee look-alike in the 2001 comedy "Shaolin Soccer" and has now landed the lead role in a new Chinese television series on the late kung fu star, newspapers reported Saturday.

Chan got the role because Lee's wife and daughter, who were consulted on the casting for the series, were impressed by his physical likeness to the late star, the Apple Daily said.

In the Hong Kong martial arts comedy "Shaolin Soccer," Chan played a goalkeeper who sported Lee's signature yellow track suit and had the late star's gestures and expressions. Chan has also played Lee in television commercials.

Chan said he worked out and learned Jeet Kune Do or the Way of the Intercepting Fist, a fighting style pioneered by Lee to show his determination to get the role in the new TV series, the Ming Pao Daily newspaper said.

He has even sent monthly tapes of his kung fu classes and clips of him mimicking Lee to Lee's wife and daughter, the paper said.

"I'm really very happy that I got the lead role. This isn't about the money. I'm really excited to play Bruce Lee," the paper quoted Chan as saying.

The mainland Chinese television series will tell Bruce Lee's story in 40 episodes, and is due to begin filming in February 2007, the Apple Daily said.

Does anyone have any more news on this especially from like SINA?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....40 eps?
    Does any biography need to be that long?

Post New series? - Bruce Lee Biopic

Found this on TVGuide.com:

BEIJING (Reuters) - China state television has started shooting a 40-part television series about U.S.-born kungfu icon Bruce Lee, Xinhua news agency said on Tuesday.

"The Legend of Bruce Lee," with a budget of just $6.4 million, started production at the weekend in the southern province of Guangdong.

Lee made 46 kungfu movies and brought Hong Kong move making to the world's attention. He died at age 32 in 1973, while starring in and directing "Game of Death" in Hong Kong.

Chan Kwok-kwan, who plays Lee in the TV series, said he had mixed feelings about playing the role of an icon.

"I'm nervous and also excited, but I will do my best," Xinhua quoted him as saying.

Any one have more info?

I assume that since this is from China State TV, that it belongs in the China Series forum, please move if this is not the appropriate spot.

[ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

This series already began to air on CCTV. Does anyone have a synopsis of the episodes yet or is anyone even watching it?

It's supposedly 50 episodes now.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Bruce_Lee

Here's a clip I found: [ http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f2425343o1p18.html ]
    Last edited by resident:alien; 11-12-08 at 12:04 AM.

it's also airing in malaysia now, let's just say i'm not a fan of this series & the songs.

those who r watching this series should know what i'm referring

the fighting scene drag on too much. bruce lee was more realism with the righting scene. some say that's it not edited and those fights were real.

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    This series already began to air on CCTV. Does anyone have a synopsis of the episodes yet or is anyone even watching it?

It's supposedly 50 episodes now.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Bruce_Lee

Here's a clip I found: [ http://v.youku.com/v_playlist/f2425343o1p18.html ]
    50 episodes! Although Bruce Lee is one of my favourite stars I don't think I will watch this series....