Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROCH 2006

Default ROCH 2006

Hi guys,

Just finished watching this great series! I loved this series.

Can someone confirm if the following adaptation is the same as the latest edition of the novel by JY?

1. How is the ending in the novel? Saw some TVB series in 2000 that ends with Huashan Tournament. With 2006 adaptation, it is different. Which is correct per latest novel?

2. How did JLFW died in the latest edition of the novel? Killed by YG and did JFLW got crashed by the cannons while trying to save Guo Xiang?

3. This time, JLFW is quite powerful. It takes like 2-3 Greats to take him down. ZBT and YD and later HYS... Is that true in the novel?

4. Did YG use the wooden sword while fighting with JLFW in the novel? The 2006 series showed that he did train using the wooden sword but did not spar with JLFW using that when saving GX.

5. Did YG give his Heavy Iron Sword to GJ before they left, which GJ and HR forged them into HS and DS??

Sorry for many questions. Hope someone can help.

Thanks...

XMCX

For question number I think 2006's ending is totally wrong and nothing like the book... the TVB one is more correct.

Some answers:

2. Something like that. See Chap 39.

3. Yes.

4. He used a regular iron sword to fight JLGS (3rd Ed. for JLFW).

5. Not mentioned in RoCH but HSDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Men Chui Xue
    Hi guys,

Just finished watching this great series! I loved this series.

Can someone confirm if the following adaptation is the same as the latest edition of the novel by JY?

1. How is the ending in the novel? Saw some TVB series in 2000 that ends with Huashan Tournament. With 2006 adaptation, it is different. Which is correct per latest novel?

2. How did JLFW died in the latest edition of the novel? Killed by YG and did JFLW got crashed by the cannons while trying to save Guo Xiang?

3. This time, JLFW is quite powerful. It takes like 2-3 Greats to take him down. ZBT and YD and later HYS... Is that true in the novel?

4. Did YG use the wooden sword while fighting with JLFW in the novel? The 2006 series showed that he did train using the wooden sword but did not spar with JLFW using that when saving GX.

5. Did YG give his Heavy Iron Sword to GJ before they left, which GJ and HR forged them into HS and DS??

Sorry for many questions. Hope someone can help.

Thanks...

XMCX

1. It ended like that cos they had to really cut down and fit everything in, it's a masterpiece in it's original state, but when u ahve to cut from 52 episodes down to 41 things will be cut, i think they did intend the ending to be at hua shan.

2. Can't remeber.

3. Possibly.

4. I don't think so yg trained wooden sword, but i think when fighting JLFW he used sad palms mainly.

5. The official ending is, at huashan before he and XLN leaves forever he gives the guo couple his heavy sword, obviously that was cut too.

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    4. I don't think so yg trained wooden sword, but i think when fighting JLFW he used sad palms mainly.

5. The official ending is, at huashan before he and XLN leaves forever he gives the guo couple his heavy sword, obviously that was cut too.

4. He had to use the Sad Palms. His sword was broken at the start of the fight.

5. No the novel didn't say that. Even HSDS didn't shed much light on this.

Wow! Didn't know JLGS aka JLFW is so powerful. At least, he is 1.5-2 Greats in terms of strength/power/skill. Does that mean ZBT will be no match for him if 1 on 1 or even YD? The final episode didn't show GJ vs GLFW. Maybe GJ has just slight advantage over GLFW?

Too bad the Dragon Elephant Skill is lost after that. It only takes YG at his saddest moments of parting with XLN again after 16 yrs that unleashes his Sad Palm power over JLGS. JLGS is also a rare genius who can master that skill to level 10. Anyway, if YG had 2 arms, not sure would he be more powerful than he is in the novel? Interesting...

Hmm, at the end of ROCH 2006, who do you guys think would be Wulin's #1 fighter ranking after the 3rd edition of ROCH novel? YG > GJ or GJ > YG? I think YD=HYS=ZBT? Or as the rymes goes? Dongxie, Xikuang, Nansheng, Beixia and Zhongwantung??

Quote Originally Posted by Xi Men Chui Xue
    Wow! Didn't know JLGS aka JLFW is so powerful. At least, he is 1.5-2 Greats in terms of strength/power/skill.
    The Golden Wheel Monk wasn't that powerful. Every adaptation of ROCH except TVB '83 has gone a little nuts with this scene and tried to make the Golden Wheel Monk into Superman. It's true that three Greats showed up to deal with him, but any one would have matched him, any combination of two would have readily beaten him, and all three would have made mincemeat out of him (which is why he sat down and gave up when he saw that East Heretic Wong Yerk See had shown up to block his escape route while Chow Bak Tung and South Emperor 1 Deng were pursuing him from behind). He was already afraid of having to fight two Greats and knew that he had absolutely no hope against three.

Most adaptations would have you believe (inaccurately) that the Golden Wheel Monk could fight all three Greats simultaneously and maybe even *win*. No way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    5. No the novel didn't say that. Even HSDS didn't shed much light on this.
    It was specified in HSDS that Yang Guo did give the sword to GJ and HR.

Quote Originally Posted by AresInvincible
    It was specified in HSDS that Yang Guo did give the sword to GJ and HR.
    Yes, but not how or when.

I saw a few episode of this series. What do u think of the voice of XLN? I think her voice sounds weird. Doesn't match her face. Sounds more like a woman in her 30s. The voice of WYY sounds way better. Why did the director choose this voice to dub on XLN?

I watch the part where ZBT got bitten by the spiders. The fight scene between JLFW and XLN sux big time. Too much posing on XLN's part and I can hardly see any fight. Just ribbons flying around, XLN make a pose and shoot some needles, ribbons fly again, then saw 2 small CGI wheels, more XLN posing etc.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-29-06 at 11:06 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The whole series is oveloaded with needless poses on XLN, her clothes just extend out of no where. No real choreography just random arm and leg swings.
    Her voice was awful aswell especially when claling out guo-er

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    The whole series is oveloaded with needless poses on XLN, her clothes just extend out of no where. No real choreography just random arm and leg swings.
    Her voice was awful aswell especially when claling out guo-er
    I thought she had a lovely voice. it sounded very sweet and mature. It was just not what LYF should sound like. If you closed your eyes and listened to just the voice, it's beautiful. She should try a singing career instead of LYF. Lyf's voice is less mature and more high pitched.

hi guys just new here

still reading an english version of ROCH
    it's good.... the series adaptation had it's own interpretation but still loyal to the book....
    if you want you can visit www.wuxiapedia.com

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    I thought she had a lovely voice. it sounded very sweet and mature. It was just not what LYF should sound like. If you closed your eyes and listened to just the voice, it's beautiful. She should try a singing career instead of LYF. Lyf's voice is less mature and more high pitched.
    The scene where she leaves Yang Guo after some of the stuff said by HR. Shes by the lake and starts talking about how its best that she had to leave and blah blah. The next second shes like turning around 'Guo Er where are you!!"
    That gave me the goosebumps and her funny smile when GJ was proposing YG marrying GF

The scene where she leaves Yang Guo after some of the stuff said by HR. Shes by the lake and starts talking about how its best that she had to leave and blah blah. The next second shes like turning around 'Guo Er where are you!!"
    That gave me the goosebumps and her funny smile when GJ was proposing YG marrying GF
    nothing to do with the dubbing

i like the dubbed voice. Sounds way better than LYF's normal voice, only that it didn't suit LYF. As for those things, they were directing problems and acting problems

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    nothing to do with the dubbing

i like the dubbed voice. Sounds way better than LYF's normal voice, only that it didn't suit LYF. As for those things, they were directing problems and acting problems
    yea. they cant use lyf's voice for sure as it's not mature enough. but i tink she is certainly the best candidate for xln.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    yea. they cant use lyf's voice for sure as it's not mature enough. but i tink she is certainly the best candidate for xln.
    well i don't want to engage in another debate about how suitable LYF was for XLN. But in general, i thought it was ok, i mean, not fantastic, but good enough. Hated the dubbing by HXM... sigh... i wouldn't have though LYF was quite so good without the nice dubbing, so i bet HXM could have been good too with better dubbing.

Still I believe the voice dubbing was bad perhaps due to the actual voice or it didn;t match up. Either way did not like it

Still I believe the voice dubbing was bad perhaps due to the actual voice or it didn;t match up. Either way did not like it
    Probably not matching up. I got used to it though

i tink hxm was quite ok in the show. he was pretty cool.
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless