Thread: Battle of Medicine Expertise

Default Battle of Medicine Expertise

In Wuxia there's always battles of martial arts and smartness. What about expertise in medicine and poison usage?

Has there been any wuxia novel that has murder mysteries or strange occurance where the villian uses some type of herbal medicine that controls people or poison and where the protangonist, who has a good background of medical history --like ZWJ, to fight back, cure those people and spoil the plans of the villian?

I just thought it would be interesting if there were such a thing.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hmm... that would be pretty unusual. Although the poisoner definitely has the advantage over the healer. Illness comes like avalanche, recedes like a glacier.

The best medicine guy in JY books though, would probably be Wuyazi.

Poison usage is common in JY novels... i think the among the most skilled would be West Venom OYF and the Five Poison Sect. Lan Feng Huang in The Smiling Proud Wanderer just walked onto a room and everyone was poisoned.

Wuyazi and one of his disciple (was it Master Xue?) was very good in medicine. Hu Qingniu have a book that lists down all the curing methods for each sects' martial arts skills. In XAJH, Ping Yizhi is also quite a good physician.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    In Wuxia there's always battles of martial arts and smartness. What about expertise in medicine and poison usage?

Has there been any wuxia novel that has murder mysteries or strange occurance where the villian uses some type of herbal medicine that controls people or poison and where the protangonist, who has a good background of medical history --like ZWJ, to fight back, cure those people and spoil the plans of the villian?

I just thought it would be interesting if there were such a thing.
    Hu Qingniu (Divine Doctor) and his wife (Divine Poisioner) competed against each other. It caused their wacky marriage relaionship.